PDA

View Full Version : Nader Blasts 'Hot Air America'

Pink Spider
04-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Friday, April 2, 2004 12:22 p.m. EST
Nader Blasts 'Hot Air America'

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/2/122801.shtml

Things turned ugly on the new liberal talk radio network, "Air America," Wednesday night, with guest Ralph Nader blasting the Democratic Party's counterweight to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly as "Hot Air America."

Nader got into an on-air tussle with "Air America" host Randi Rhodes, during which Rhodes repeatedly informed him she was "pissed" that he was running for president, complaining that he had "screwed up the last election."

The perennial candidate said the fact that Democrats couldn't hang onto what he described as their presidential victory was the party's own fault.

And for good measure, Nader blasted ex-President Clinton as a "draft-dodger."

It was all downhill from there, as Nader and Rhodes screamed at one another for the next 10 minutes.

Some selected highlights, as transcribed by the Web site "The Daily Kos":

On Clinton

RHODES: You know the Democrats' policy, you know when the Republicans talk about regime change was the Clinton administration's policy, but it was regime change from within. It was never military action on our part on Iraq. That was not the policy ...

NADER: ... You know, Clinton was a draft-dodger so he wasn't willing to take on the Pentagon. And he wasn't willing to take on the Congress on many huge military expenditures and that starved many of the necessities back home among the American people. ...

On Nader's Presidential Run

RHODES: How many ways to Sunday do I have to tell you? We can't afford you.

NADER: I'm sorry, can you afford freedom? Can you afford choice? Can you afford civil liberties?

RHODES: Gimmie a Democrat President!

On "Hot Air America"

NADER: ... can you – is this the way you want to start Air America? You want it to be Hot Air America?

RHODES: Oh, no, you see ...

NADER: ... Log on to the web site votenader.org ...

RHODES: Ralph, let me tell you something. If you did get to be president, tell me who you would caucus with. Tell me who you could get to vote for your ... views and visions, and your, your bills! Who is an independent other than Bernie Sanders and Jim Jeffords? Who are you gonna count on? You ... let's say you win, OK?

NADER: You can't win without a huge mobilization of voters ...

RHODES: ... let's say ya do ...

NADER: ... that would replace many members of Congress.

RHODES: ... let's say it's seventy years old, from your house in Connecticut, your little house ...

NADER: ... now wait a minute. Now wait wait wait. You're ...

RHODES: ... you are, you are ready to do this.

NADER: ... listen, listen. Now you're getting nasty.

RHODES: I'm not!

NADER: You are ruining the first day ...

RHODES: I'm not ruining anything.

NADER: ... the first day of Air America.

RHODES: This is Air America.

NADER: ... you're not letting your, you're not letting your guest be, have a chance to speak. You're ...

RHODES: I asked you a question.

NADER: ... you're not letting your guest have a chance to speak.

[b]More bickering[b]

NADER: ... you've got a very bad interviewing technique ...

RHODES: ... uh uh uh. I am not ...

NADER: ... and you're not going to get an audience by overtalking ...

RHODES: ... interviewing you ...

NADER: Do not overtalk!

RHODES: I am not ... interviewing you!

RHODES: I'm mad at you! Don't you understand the difference?

NADER: Fine, just close up and start screaming to your audience.

RHODES: [laughs] Look. Don't tell me how to do radio; I've done it for twenty years. You screwed up the last election, and now you want to screw up this one, and I'm pissed!

NADER: (pause; speechless) You know, you ought to be ashamed of yourself because you ...

RHODES: But I'm not! You know you should ...

NADER: ... you agree with me ...

RHODES: ... be ashamed of yourself!

NADER: ... you agree with me on so many issues. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

RHODES: I'm not ashamed of myself. I can't afford you! [End of Excerpts]

The interview ended when Nader finally hung up on Rhodes.

Sarge's Little Helper
04-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Friday, April 2, 2004 12:22 p.m. EST
Nader Blasts 'Hot Air America'

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/2/122801.shtml

Things turned ugly on the new liberal talk radio network, "Air America," Wednesday night, with guest Ralph Nader blasting the Democratic Party's counterweight to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly as "Hot Air America."

Nader got into an on-air tussle with "Air America" host Randi Rhodes, during which Rhodes repeatedly informed him she was "pissed" that he was running for president, complaining that he had "screwed up the last election."

The perennial candidate said the fact that Democrats couldn't hang onto what he described as their presidential victory was the party's own fault.

And for good measure, Nader blasted ex-President Clinton as a "draft-dodger."

It was all downhill from there, as Nader and Rhodes screamed at one another for the next 10 minutes.

Some selected highlights, as transcribed by the Web site "The Daily Kos":

On Clinton

RHODES: You know the Democrats' policy, you know when the Republicans talk about regime change was the Clinton administration's policy, but it was regime change from within. It was never military action on our part on Iraq. That was not the policy ...

NADER: ... You know, Clinton was a draft-dodger so he wasn't willing to take on the Pentagon. And he wasn't willing to take on the Congress on many huge military expenditures and that starved many of the necessities back home among the American people. ...

On Nader's Presidential Run

RHODES: How many ways to Sunday do I have to tell you? We can't afford you.

NADER: I'm sorry, can you afford freedom? Can you afford choice? Can you afford civil liberties?

RHODES: Gimmie a Democrat President!

On "Hot Air America"

NADER: ... can you – is this the way you want to start Air America? You want it to be Hot Air America?

RHODES: Oh, no, you see ...

NADER: ... Log on to the web site votenader.org ...

RHODES: Ralph, let me tell you something. If you did get to be president, tell me who you would caucus with. Tell me who you could get to vote for your ... views and visions, and your, your bills! Who is an independent other than Bernie Sanders and Jim Jeffords? Who are you gonna count on? You ... let's say you win, OK?

NADER: You can't win without a huge mobilization of voters ...

RHODES: ... let's say ya do ...

NADER: ... that would replace many members of Congress.

RHODES: ... let's say it's seventy years old, from your house in Connecticut, your little house ...

NADER: ... now wait a minute. Now wait wait wait. You're ...

RHODES: ... you are, you are ready to do this.

NADER: ... listen, listen. Now you're getting nasty.

RHODES: I'm not!

NADER: You are ruining the first day ...

RHODES: I'm not ruining anything.

NADER: ... the first day of Air America.

RHODES: This is Air America.

NADER: ... you're not letting your, you're not letting your guest be, have a chance to speak. You're ...

RHODES: I asked you a question.

NADER: ... you're not letting your guest have a chance to speak.

[b]More bickering[b]

NADER: ... you've got a very bad interviewing technique ...

RHODES: ... uh uh uh. I am not ...

NADER: ... and you're not going to get an audience by overtalking ...

RHODES: ... interviewing you ...

RHODES: I am not ... interviewing you!

RHODES: I'm mad at you! Don't you understand the difference?

NADER: Fine, just close up and start screaming to your audience.

RHODES: [laughs] Look. Don't tell me how to do radio; I've done it for twenty years. You screwed up the last election, and now you want to screw up this one, and I'm pissed!

NADER: (pause; speechless) You know, you ought to be ashamed of yourself because you ...

RHODES: But I'm not! You know you should ...

NADER: ... you agree with me ...

RHODES: ... be ashamed of yourself!

NADER: ... you agree with me on so many issues. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

RHODES: I'm not ashamed of myself. I can't afford you! [End of Excerpts]

The interview ended when Nader finally hung up on Rhodes.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

Chong Li
04-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Randi Rhodes is a complete and utter jackass. I tuned into that nonsense because I wanted to hear what the enemy has to say. To me, Democrats are only slightly better than Islamofascists. At least Nader is a man of principle. Notice that Rhodes had to insult Ralphs home in CT because she couldnt reason with him. He is beyond her. Its not his fault that Democrats are going to vote for him and take away 5% of the vote from Lurch Kerry.

Randi should use her given name and stop trying to cash in that young boy who played in Ozzys band and pulled a JFK jr into a house.

Shame on her!

FORD
04-02-2004, 09:48 PM
If Randi Rhodes was on FAUX you would masturbate to her daily.

Hell, at least she's actually a woman, unlike Mr. Coulter.

Viking
04-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Ralph should've knocked the bitch out of her chair.

Viking
04-03-2004, 08:13 PM
:fucku2:

ELVIS
04-03-2004, 08:40 PM
That was good.. wish I heard it...

I've heard Randi Rhodes in Florida.. she's a nonsensical loudmouth...

Pink Spider
04-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Viking
Ralph should've knocked the bitch out of her chair.

By telephone? :D

I'm getting the impression that this network is the Democrat equivalent to FOX "News" or Rush Limbaugh. I was hoping for (but not expecting) something more than loud mouthed hosts with little substance. Instead, it looks as if they've stooped down to the other's level.

ELVIS
04-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Rush Limbaugh is smart and funny...

Pink Spider
04-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
she's a nonsensical loudmouth...

I've heard a clip of the "interview" with Nader and was thinking the same thing.

ELVIS
04-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Wow!

We agree on something ???

Amen sweetheart...;)

Pink Spider
04-03-2004, 08:52 PM
I still don't agree that Rush is smart or funny...

OK, maybe funny in a stoned on Oxycontin sort of way. ;)

Viking
04-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Oops - my bad. I didn't realize that he phoned it in. I was under the impression that he was in a studio with her.

BigBadBrian
04-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If Randi Rhodes was on FAUX you would masturbate to her daily.

Hell, at least she's actually a woman, unlike Mr. Coulter.

You obviously think it's funny to call someone a transexual who isn't. I guess that means it's OK to make fun of someone by calling them a FAG then also, isn't it? After all, homosexuality is something to be ridiculed like transexualism. :gulp:

FORD
04-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You obviously think it's funny to call someone a transexual who isn't. I guess that means it's OK to make fun of someone by calling them a FAG then also, isn't it? After all, homosexuality is something to be ridiculed like transexualism. :gulp:

Anndrew makes fun of gays all the time. I guess s/he thinks that will keep suspicion off of him/her. But it can't hide the huge Adam's Apple, nor the hands which are very large for a "woman".

My problems with Anndrew have nothing to do with gender or sexual orientation, but only the foul hatred s/he spews constantly.