PDA

View Full Version : Time To Impeach The Son Of a Bitch!

FORD
01-03-2006, 03:05 AM
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/Artwork/newrantlogo.jpg
Time to impeach a President
By DOUG THOMPSON
Jan 2, 2006, 08:26

I’ve always felt impeachment is the nuclear option of politics; a drastic action we call in after all else fails. That’s why I’ve been reluctant to call for the impeachment of President George W. Bush.

No longer. The reckless, arrogant actions of the man leave me with no choice but to consider that final solution.

Time to impeach the son of a bitch.

I don’t come to this conclusion lightly. Impeachment is a divisive process that all too often tears the country apart. Only two Presidents have actually been brought to trial before Congress under the impeachment process: Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. Both were impeached more for political dislike than actual crimes against the Constitution.

Richard Nixon resigned from office after the joint Congressional committee investigating Watergate voted to recommend impeachment and avoided, in all likelihood, becoming the first President to be both impeached and convicted. Resignation was a rare, honorable moment in Nixon’s tattered political career.

But we cannot expect such honor from George W. Bush. Honor is not part of his modus operandi, as absent as honesty in a career marked by lies, corruption and abuse of the public trust.

Bush’s arrogance by continuing his illegal spying on Americans by the federal government is just his latest high crime against the Constitution, a document which he blithely dismisses as “just a goddamned piece of paper.”

At the very least, Bush is a reckless, irresponsible leader, one who led this nation to invade another country in a war based on fabricated reasons, a man who has sent more than 2,000 Americans and countless Iraqi civilians to their deaths while hiding behind a rationale based on a lie.

At worst, he is a war criminal, a power-crazed despot who could go down in history as a mass murderer. History will determine the final legacy of George W. Bush and I doubt seriously that history will be kind to a political figure of his ilk.

I’m not here to deal with the possibilities of the future but instead with the realities of now and that requires swift, decisive action against a dictatorial madman who threatens all of our futures.

Six months ago, when the Downing Street Memo surfaced, I said Bush should be impeached if it was true. I later backed off. I was wrong. He needs to go. I’m not sure America can survive three more years with Bush driving the ship of state.

I’m not sure we can survive three more years of corrupt control of Congress by a party that circles the wagons to protect criminals like Tom DeLay and then drops its collective trousers, grabs its ankles and allows itself to be gleefully screwed by fatcat lobbyists and cash-rich special interest groups.

I’m not sure we can wait for the electorate to take action because the electorate has been pretty damn dumb and stupid for too long and given us too many miscreants living in the White House and wandering the halls of Congress.

Let’s start the New Year by impeaching the criminal at the top of this corrupt pyramid scheme and then work our way down through the sordid pile. Indict Vice President Dick Cheney for bribes he paid and the money he laundered while Chairman of Halliburton. Send Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist to prison for insider trading. Put former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay under the jail.

Time to send a message to the cabal of greed and corruption that has taken over our government and tell them that their ass is grass and we’ve got a bunch of lawn mowers fully gassed and ready to start cutting.

© Copyright 2005 by Capitol Hill Blue

link (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7935.shtml)

Roth_Rage
01-03-2006, 04:44 AM
I'm for it! I just want Liberty for all!

Both Parties are insane. We need our constitutional rights back, then we''ll worry about Left or Right. Fight for rights, not for parties! Impeach!

Hardrock69
01-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Hmmm....he did not make his usual mention of Chimpy exhibiting pyschopathic mental illness during cabinet meetings, etc.

Hardrock69
01-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Specter says no 'blank check' for Bush on spying

Sun Jan 15, 1:22 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee promised a thorough investigation on Sunday into
President George W. Bush's secret domestic eavesdropping program and said there would be no blank check for Bush.

Sen. Arlen Specter (news, bio, voting record), a Republican from Pennsylvania, said Bush in theory could face impeachment charges if found to have violated the law by authorizing the program, but he did not endorse that approach and had heard no serious talk of it.

News of the covert domestic spying program last month sparked an outcry by both Democrats and some members of Bush's Republican party. Many lawmakers and rights groups questioned whether it violates the U.S. Constitution.

The judiciary committee has scheduled hearings on the issue and U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has said he will testify on the administration's legal justification. The operation includes eavesdropping on U.S. phone calls and reading e-mails. The hearings are expected next month.

"We're going to explore it in depth," Specter said on ABC television's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos."

"I don't see any talk about impeachment here," Specter said. "I don't think anybody doubts that the president is making a good faith effort, that he sees a real problem as we all do, and he's acting in a way that he feels he must."

Still, the senator insisted, "we're not going to give him a blank check, and just because we're of the same party doesn't mean we're not going to look at this very closely."

POST SEPT. 11

The 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act makes it illegal to spy on U.S. citizens in the United States without the approval of a special, secret court. Bush secretly gave the National Security Agency authority to intercept communications without such approval.

Bush and senior officials have contended that the eavesdropping on Americans suspected of links to terrorism is legal and necessary to help defend the country after September 11.

Gonzales has said the authorization of military force by the U.S. Congress after the September 11 attacks also gave the president the right to conduct the domestic surveillance.

Specter reiterated his view that the vote did not allow domestic spying, although he said presidential war powers under the U.S. Constitution might supersede the law.

Asked if he might be willing to amend the law to accommodate the spying program, Specter did not rule it out. "I'm prepared to listen, but I'd be very dubious," he said.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (news, bio, voting record) of California, a Democrat on the committee, said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that the president's exercise of power must be examined.

She said she does not believe Bush's constitutional powers "allow him to simply avoid the law when he can do it (authorize domestic spying) by following the law."

Bush only acknowledged the program after it was reported by The New York Times, and called its disclosure to the newspaper "a shameful act." The Justice Department has announced an investigation into who disclosed the NSA operation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060115/pl_nm/security_eavesdropping_dc

LoungeMachine
01-15-2006, 04:51 PM
NEW ZOGBY POLL:

Majority Supports Impeachment Consideration for Warrantless NSA Wiretaps!

52% Agree Congress Should Consider Holding Bush Accountable
Support to Impeachment Bush FAR Stronger than Support for Impeaching Clinton, Poll Finds!

A new Zogby Poll , just announced, to be officially release tomorrow shows that a majority of Americans would support Congressional consideration of the impeachment of George W. Bush if...

A new Zogby Poll, just announced, to be officially release tomorrow shows that a majority of Americans would support Congressional consideration of the impeachment of George W. Bush if, in fact, he wiretapped U.S. citizens without obtaining a legal warrant to do so!

By a margin of 52% to 43%, Americans want Congress to consider impeaching President Bush if he wiretapped American citizens without a judge's approval, according to a new poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org, a grassroots coalition that supports a Congressional investigation of President Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

The poll was conducted by Zogby International, the highly-regarded non-partisan polling company. The poll interviewed 1,216 U.S. adults from January 9-12.

The poll found that 52% agreed with the statement:

"If President Bush wiretapped American citizens without the approval of a judge, do you agree or disagree that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment."
Impeachment Supported by Majorities of Many Groups

Responses to the Zogby poll varied by political party affiliation: 66% of Democrats favored impeachment, as did 59% of Independents, and even 23% of Republicans. By ideology, impeachment was supported by Progressives (90%), Libertarians (71%), Liberals (65%), and Moderates (58%), but not by Conservatives (33%) or Very Conservatives (28%).
Support for Clinton Impeachment Was Much Lower

In August and September of 1998, 16 major polls asked about impeaching President Clinton (http://democrats.com/clinton-impeachment-polls). Only 36% supported hearings to consider impeachment, and only 26% supported actual impeachment and removal. Even so, the impeachment debate dominated the news for months, and the Republican Congress impeached Clinton despite overwhelming public opposition.

DLR'sCock
01-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Polls don't matter, this is total bullshit, it says so on on newsmax and fox.

Unchainme
01-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/Artwork/newrantlogo.jpg

Since when did Kenny Rogers Become anti-BCE :D, JK.

FORD
01-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Since when did Kenny Rogers Become anti-BCE :D, JK.

Maybe because Junior is the Coward of Crawford County?

Phil theStalker
01-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Maybe because Junior is the Coward of Crawford County? :spank:

EVERYO1NE SAID HE WAS THE COWARD OF THE COUNTY

Hardrock69
01-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Polls may not mean anything, but Clinton being impeached for lying about a blowjob is absolutely NOTHING compared to Chimpy sending our troops to DIE by his lies.
:mad: