PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!!!!! Rohode Island Legalizes Medical Marijuana!!!

Hardrock69
01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060103/ap_on_he_me/medical_marijuana

By M.L. JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 1 minute ago

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island on Tuesday became the 11th state to legalize medical marijuana and the first since the
U.S. Supreme Court ruled in June that patients who use the drug can still be prosecuted under federal law.

The House overrode a veto by Gov. Don Carcieri, 59-13, allowing people with illnesses such as cancer and
AIDS to grow up to 12 marijuana plants or buy 2.5 ounces of marijuana to relieve their symptoms. Those who do are required to register with the state and get an identification card.

Federal law prohibits any use of marijuana, but Maine, Vermont, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon and Washington allow it to be grown and used for medicinal purposes.

The U.S. high court ruled June 6 that people who smoke marijuana because their doctors recommend it can still be prosecuted under federal drug laws, even if their states allow it.

Federal authorities, however, have conceded they are unlikely to prosecute many medicinal marijuana users.

"I'm sure everybody in this room knows at least one person who would have benefited from medical marijuana," Rep. Thomas Slater, who has cancer, told fellow lawmakers before the vote. Slater said he doesn't use marijuana now but it could become part of his treatment in the future.

SMOKE FUCKING POT!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hardrock69
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Once again the Typo Monster has reared it's ugly head.

The title should read "Rhode" Island.

:D

SMOKE FUCKING POT!!!!

fuckhowardstern
01-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Once again the Typo Monster has reared it's ugly head.

The title should read "Rhode" Island.

:D

SMOKE FUCKING POT!!!!

Dude - is that your back yard? Can you spare a cola bud?

Hardrock69
01-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Actually, no...I think it is at the University Of Mississippi....under the care of the only legalized marijuana research project.

Name of the pic was Miss2.jpg, so I am assuming that is what it is.

Fuck that shit....you know it is probably some lame stuff.

Gimme some kinda Afghani-Cambodian cross-strain....

:cool:

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 01:39 AM
... Gimme some kinda Afghani-Cambodian cross-strain....:cool:

Pardon my geography but I don't quite see "A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9"
on the map...
Can you go on a trip?

The pot from Vancouver BC is the same of Amsterdam quality... "Canabis Cup" material...
Welcome to Vansterdam!

Hardrock69
01-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I live near Gnashville.

Someday I do want to visit Vancouver for that very reason.

But it is not in the cards any time soon.

What I truly want to do someday is to smoke some honest -to-god Thai weed. I have not smoked any in 25 years.

Diamondjimi
01-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Marijuana laws are a joke. It's good to see more states and countries
lightening up a bit.

Canadian bud is king.........

Jérôme Frenchise
01-04-2006, 01:50 PM
(...) the only legalized marijuana research project.

Ah, to be a pot tester. Sounds different but just as cool as testing mattresses for a living. If such jobs existed, I would kill to get one of them. :mad: