PDA

View Full Version : Future of VHLinks

Bret
01-03-2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=29714

The Site\'s Future

Guys,

I\'m at a crossroads here again with the site. Although this is obviously not like last year, where we lost the whole thing, but here\'s the deal.

Obviously VH isn\'t doing much anymore. There\'s little new to talk about anymore apart from Dave\'s radio show, and I don\'t foresee anything new on the horizon. But I could be wrong of course.

I know this site is more than VH, and we\'re a community of people just hanging, and that\'s basically why I\'ve kept it going as long as I have. But financially, I no longer can do it. For a lot of you $150 a month extra isn\'t the end of the world, but unfortunately for me, it is. Bills, family, basic necessities of life at this point are things that I need to worry about, and not every month how to find an extra $150 for a site devoted to a dead band.

Everyone donated last year when the site died, and that was incredible, and it paid for 8 months of hosting, which was such a load off. But now I\'ve had to shell out $800 for the last 5 months, and I just simply can\'t anymore. I also don\'t keep wanting to say \"Donate, donate.\" I don\'t feel comfortable doing it and I don\'t want to anymore, so enough of that.

The only way to fund this site is to have it pay for itself monthly, is some kind of premium fee for $5 a year. If 300 people do it every year, we\'d be fine. I just don\'t know what I could offer anyone that they can\'t get somewhere else for free on another site. But at this point, I\'ll look for anything.

What if for $5 a year you got this:
Custom Avatars (not vulgar though)
Some space to upload files
Access to some downloads
More private message storage

I don\'t know apart from that what else I could offer anyway, but that\'s my idea. Anyone have any other suggestions, let me know. But I\'m leaning towards this as a last gasp to keep the site going to where I don\'t have to worry about funding it. Because I can\'t pick up the slack anymore, and something has got to be decided on this month.

Thanks for your input and your support of the site for so many years now.

Warham
01-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Can you blame him, troll?

Alex Mogilny
01-04-2006, 08:20 AM
If Brent wants to hand over the site for the costs...I'll take it over. $150/month is nothing.

Matt White
01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Always vultures circling when times get tough........

Like Brett sweats some cunt like this.....

diamondD
01-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Brett's kept the fire alive for VH internet fans, no matter which version you prefer. I'll probably give a donation even tho I haven't really been posting there in a while.

Fuck these trolls. All they have done is advertise and drum up support. The old site wars are dead. Give it up.

Golden AWe
01-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Brett - my friend

Unchainme
01-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Brett Although You and me have got into quite a few squabbles. I have to say I like you alot and hope you keep posting here and At The Links. Although It Celbrates BOTH era's of Van Halen. I must say I like his sit alot and hope its keeps going.