PDA

View Full Version : Religious nuts get their way again..

Mr. Vengeance
01-03-2006, 08:26 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060103/en_tv_eo/18055

Comedy Central bows to pressure over South Park episode. Fuck all of 'em...

Rape the alter boys but don't watch evil tv shows...Hypocrites.

seenbad
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm not Catholic first of all. Second, that was just pure bad taste. I'm glad they pulled it or realized it was over the top. Time for you to do the same.

Big Fat Sammy
01-03-2006, 10:05 PM
That was a funny episode...I say fuck 'em if they can't take a joke too.

Matt White
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Making fun of Catholics......Wow...never been done before......

Useless humor...if they had a set of balls between 'em they'd make fun of the HINDU's or buddhists.....

MAX
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Say what you will but that ain't even funny, 'tis just gross.

Ally_Kat
01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I got the point they were trying to make, but personally I think there were better ways to do it without going after the spiritual. Could have a sighting of Mary that was obvious not Mary.

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Making fun of Catholics......Wow...never been done before......

Useless humor...if they had a set of balls between 'em they'd make fun of the HINDU's or buddhists.....

What are you talking about... laughing at minorities???
Noooo... we are way too "P.C." for that!
P.C. = Cowards...

I love our Canadian freedom of speech and weather or not I (personally) agree with what's out there
is not eaven an issue.

I really despise any group (religous or not) that don't understand that the TV cannel can easily be changed and that others may have different opinions and sens of humor...

I am straight to the point and often sarcastic and those who don't like it just have to walk away...

The bottom line is that there will always be some people that are going to enjoy what others are complaining about...

jhale667
01-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck....:D

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck....:D

I found that any group of "something" (anything) that is always complaining and trying to make decisions for the entire society tend to make people mad...
They give themself a bad image.

They go to extreme and make us dislike them eaven more...
If they could only mind their own business and live and let live!

jhale667
01-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Wasn't it Steven Tyler who said "Thanks for putting a warning sticker on my album, you just made sure it'll sell an extra million copies..."

Those people need to get a life, and stop worrying about what other people are watching/doing/whatever. It just amazes me that these fucksticks can't use an 'off' button, or CHANGE THE FUCKING CHANNEL....No, they want to keep ME from seeing it too!

Ok, now I'm pissed I missed that episode...:mad:

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Sometimes I wonder about those fanatics...

Are they just trying to fight their "impure" thoughts by abolishing any distraction out there???

Hardrock69
01-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I am not concerned. I quit watching South Park a couple of years ago. I just missed a few episodes kinda by accident. And then a few more....

But that is ok. I taped the entire first 5 years.....Christ has it been that long? I must be imagining....no....I was taping this back in the late 90s, so it has been around that long I guess.

I want to start getting the DVDs.

I at least know they will not be censored.

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by seenbad
I'm not Catholic first of all. Second, that was just pure bad taste. I'm glad they pulled it or realized it was over the top. Time for you to do the same.

... "Over the top"???

Maybe over YOUR top but please... do not generalize here!

Everyone's "top" has a different hight and it is up to nobodyelse but oneself to decide how high that is...

FREEDOM OF SPEACH... our society shall never go back on that!

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I am not concerned. I quit watching South Park a couple of years afo. I just missed a few episodes kinda by accident.

But that is ok.

I want to start getting the DVDs.

I at least know they will not be censored.

...Or move to our province... NO CENSORSHIP AT ALL!!! :D
(South Park and more...)

Hardrock69
01-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Trust me I would love to.

But it is too cold up there for me. In fact, I could stand to live a few hundred miles south of here.

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Trust me I would love to.

But it is too cold up there for me. In fact, I could stand to live a few hundred miles south of here.

I don't blame you...
:rolleyes:

Ally_Kat
01-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
... "Over the top"???

Maybe over YOUR top but please... do not generalize here!

Everyone's "top" has a different hight and it is up to nobodyelse but oneself to decide how high that is...

FREEDOM OF SPEACH... our society shall never go back on that!

You don't think watching a woman, even cartoon, having her period and people smearing the discharge on themselves isn't over the top?

Dan
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Sex is sin,sin is in so open up your legs and let me in.:)

MAX
01-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Humor 'tis homor but this is beyond bad taste. Religious overtones withstanding, IMO.

MAX
01-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Sex is sin,sin is in so open up your legs and let me in.:)

I'll give ya a fuckin' Kiwi... lol

How about a fist big boy? ;) :p

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
You don't think watching a woman, even cartoon, having her period and people smearing the discharge on themselves isn't over the top?

Personaly, I never get offended by fiction and/or humor on TV.
There are far more important issues for me to be worried about.

I watch a lot of uncensored insanities on American TV and I am not talking jokes... I am talking reallity.
Now THAT offends me and is to my opinion, over the top!

Bring on the "woman, even cartoon, having her period and people smearing the discharge on themselves" and drop the war scenes...
I still prefer stupidness and nonsense than Georges Bush's and other political bullshit!

I am much more scared about the numming effects of CNN on people than a poor stupid SHOW like South Park...

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Humor 'tis homor but this is beyond bad taste. Religious overtones withstanding, IMO.

Bad taste is everywhere...
Sexism in the medias,
Racism thowards whities that is getting very popular,
Mr. Hanky,
etc...

If people laugh and the ratings are there... I say let them have bad taste!
Who cares?

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

What I mean to say is that weather I think it is over the top or not is irrelevant...
If the majority of the auditors like it, our democratie sais: they win!

Dan
01-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I'll give ya a fuckin' Kiwi... lol

How about a fist big boy? ;) :p

Best offer I have had all Day:)

MAX
01-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Bad taste is everywhere...
Sexism in the medias,
Racism thowards whities that is getting very popular,
Mr. Hanky,
etc...

If people laugh and the ratings are there... I say let them have bad taste!
Who cares?

Ok and fair enough but where does it ever end?

A few of my office co-horts were laughing and making jokes about BET, BLACK Entertainment network or the BLACK music awards. Lord knows if "whitey" did the same what would happen?

Anyway, we were havin' some fun with GET The GAY Entertainment network. lmao

I dunno and I just veered off topic.

It's like who's to say what's socially acceptable and to whom, you know? Fuck, most wars happen in the name of religion. Doesn't seem like a cool topic to jab for mere "entertainment" I mean at least not on that juvenile level. Shit, most of us laugh at altar boy jokes and all but a fucking menstrual cycle on a friggin' cartoon?

Beyond gross, IMO.

So we let this shit fly, what's fuckin' next? Will it be alright to shoot your neighbors dog cos it shits on your lawn? I mean where is the NO point regarding censorship and humor?

Again, this ain't personal BG, just a generalization.

MAX
01-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Dan

MUHAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/pls/portallive/docs/1/52622.GIF

Guitar Shark
01-04-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Anyway, we were havin' some fun with GET The GAY Entertainment network. lmao

Bravo changed its name to GET?

Does anyone else think it is rather odd that MAX knows so much about gay broadcasting?

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 02:36 AM
Well... I agree. Things have gone way too far: music videos, live violence, invasion of privacy, women still objects (to sell anything) etc...

There is a lot of shit I would prefer not to see on TV but what I would remove from the air could very well be different than what anyonelse would...

So WHO's to decide?

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Ok and fair enough but where does it ever end?...

I am really wondering... what's next :confused:

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Question:

Did very much alive, Mr. Hanky (the X-Mas POO) who got eaten by a kid at some point stired as much controversy as the menstrual blood?

MAX
01-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Bravo changed its name to GET?

Does anyone else think it is rather odd that MAX knows so much about gay broadcasting?

I'm actually considering my own "Fix her upper" home improvement show on GET and calling it "'Tis it Straight?" lol ;)

Anyway, who mentioned that fucking BRAVO network? :o

Sure as hell wasn't MY straight ass!!!

*hides lipstick and mascara bag*

MAX
01-04-2006, 02:47 AM
I am really wondering... what's next :confused:

Waterbeds will become popular again!!! lmao

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Waterbeds will become popular again!!! lmao

What!
They where out??? :eek:

MAX
01-04-2006, 02:57 AM
What!

It still cracks me up that both you and Mr. BG have one of those things.

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by MAX
It still cracks me up that both you and Mr. BG have one of those things.

Yes and when it breaks (or pops) we will replace it with the exact same thing!
If we can still find it...

Another good thing about waterbeds; there are no bed termites :( in the matress...

seenbad
01-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Dan

Dan, you might want to tone down the gay thing *just* a smidge. We know you're open, and that's cool dude, totally cool, but broadcasting love for the fist is kinda over the top. I'm in to making sure you're accepted even in the Roth community with your gayness, but you need to put some effort in to that too, mmkay? :)

Jimmy Jingles
01-04-2006, 04:00 PM
What!

I had one of those all through my teen years.

Awww the memories…

Fucking on that thing was quite an experience. I will never forget when I moved out and drained the bed, there must have been about 100 or so condom wrappers stuffed in between and underneath the mattress.

Good times.

Dan
01-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Dan, you might want to tone down the gay thing *just* a smidge. We know you're open, and that's cool dude, totally cool, but broadcasting love for the fist is kinda over the top. I'm in to making sure you're accepted even in the Roth community with your gayness, but you need to put some effort in to that too, mmkay? :)

SeenBad,my old Friend,I get Crazy sometimes but you know that here at The Army.:)

seenbad
01-04-2006, 05:20 PM
You are one radical fag man. More power to the gay flower of Roth Army. Prance on soldier.

Dan
01-04-2006, 05:28 PM
You are one radical fag man. More power to the gay flower of Roth Army. Prance on soldier.

I wear it with pride my Brother.:)

Mr. Vengeance
01-04-2006, 07:19 PM

Bad taste is my middle name. Fuck anyone who doesn't like it! :cool:

Matt White
01-04-2006, 08:26 PM
What are you talking about... laughing at minorities???
Noooo... we are way too "P.C." for that!
P.C. = Cowards...

I love our Canadian freedom of speech and weather or not I (personally) agree with what's out there
is not eaven an issue.

I really despise any group (religous or not) that don't understand that the TV cannel can easily be changed and that others may have different opinions and sens of humor...

I am straight to the point and often sarcastic and those who don't like it just have to walk away...

The bottom line is that there will always be some people that are going to enjoy what others are complaining about...

While I do agree that "different strokes for different folks" is a good policy...I also do not have a problem with Religious institutions taking action against the systematic & constant attack against their teachings, beliefs, and Symbols...

A cartoon...lets see...maybe KIDS will see this....kids who will then have questions about the religious figures they see portrayed....

If Parker and Stone had ANY integrity they'd take such a harsh & disrespectful stance against a religion that DOESN'T sit still for acts they deem harmful...say ISLAM...or JUDAISM....the ANTI-DEF LEAGUE won't stand for this kind of propaganda disguised as "a cartoon".

jhale667
01-04-2006, 09:00 PM

A cartoon...lets see...maybe KIDS will see this....kids who will then have questions about the religious figures they see portrayed....

If Parker and Stone had ANY integrity they'd take such a harsh & disrespectful stance against a religion that DOESN'T sit still for acts they deem harmful...say ISLAM...or JUDAISM....the ANTI-DEF LEAGUE won't stand for this kind of propaganda disguised as "a cartoon".

They've been pretty harsh on Jews, and the Cartman vs. Osama bit was classic. They just COMPLETELY slammed Scientology a couple of weeks ago...

It worries me when religious and political leaders try to straight up SILENCE any idea they disagree with...THOUGHT CONTROL...not good. It reminds me of catholic school, where any time you raised a social or theological question the nun didn't have an answer for (if they didn't just HIT you), they'd say.."If you were a GOOD Christian, you wouldn't think like that"....the three key words being YOU WOULDN'T THINK...

Matt White
01-04-2006, 09:12 PM
It's one thing to make fun of Christians...say as up-tight, self-righteous & unhip....let 'em make fun of other groups religious ICONS and see what kind of reaction they get.......

I'm always amazed that in a country where Christians are the overwhelming majority they're supposed to have no voice....

Unchainme
01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
South Park is a Grate show, They've made fun of everybody on that show. Christians, Mormons, Catholics, Jews, Muslims EVERYBODY. They've made fun of Dio too, and you don't see him getting up in arms. Bottomline the Show is going to be able to use this at its advantage knowing them, They'll make an episode parodying this.

jhale667
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Again, I didn't see the episode...but to hear that they want a promise they can't re-broadcast it (even late at night) release it on DVD?!?! That's a little weird to me. "Hey, let's stop Comedy Central from showing 'Dogma' again, too!"

Now I REALLY wanna see it, to see what all the fuss is about! :rolleyes:

Matt White
01-04-2006, 09:28 PM
And like I said....I wanna see an episode where they show Moses as being gay...and Abraham as a child molester...maybe Passover as a menstral gag.....and maybe they could have Buddha as a cannibal....and Mohammed as a Alcoholic adulterous car dealer............

They stick to the easy targets........

jhale667
01-04-2006, 09:31 PM
And like I said....I wanna see an episode where they show Moses as being gay...and Abraham as a child molester...maybe Passover as a menstral gag.....and maybe they could have Buddha as a cannibal....and Mohammed as a Alcoholic adulterous car dealer............

They stick to the easy targets........

Sounds like you just mapped out the entire next season. ;)

Matt White
01-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Sounds like you just mapped out the entire next season. ;)

They don't have the balls....and COMEDY CENTRAL won't let them make fun of religious groups who WILL make a stink.....

jhale667
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
They don't have the balls....and COMEDY CENTRAL won't let them make fun of religious groups who WILL make a stink.....

Well, you're probably right there... :rolleyes:

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 09:49 PM
I notice that EVERY SINGLE TIME there is an argument about Christians, it has to do with them complaining and trying to save everybody's soul by controling their surroundings etc...

It often has to do with the fact that they could never just keep their spirituality for themselves... no, they have to spread it and impose it on everyonelse... by controling the medias and what next?

Some people's witch hunt will never end... but it seams they are searching for evil in the wrong places.
(South Park is just a cartoon...)

If we let the religous coalitions dictate us... next, there will be the Christian police entering houses to apply all the; anal sex, blowjobs and other forbiden sexual activities laws (in some states)...
Watch out!

Matt White
01-04-2006, 09:56 PM
But...it's one thing to not want religion to have too much control over peoples lives...another to demean & slander a religious group and their beliefs....even under the guise of a "cartoon"

jhale667
01-04-2006, 09:56 PM

If we let the religous coalitions dictate us... next, there will be the Christian police entering houses to apply all the; anal sex, blowjobs and other forbiden sexual activities laws (in some states)...
Watch out!

Well, any sexual position besides missionary WAS devised by Satan, y'know...that's why they're so much more fun! :D

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 10:02 PM
...They stick to the easy targets........

Yep, the easy targets...
Tell ME about it!

If me and all women (especially the blonds) in America would have made a fuss and put pressure on the medias everytime there was a sexist, blond joke???????
(everytime = many, many times)

Com'on... one has to "let go" and worry about real issues!

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, any sexual position besides missionary WAS devised by Satan, y'know...that's why they're so much more fun! :D

This is exactly why I could never be a Christian... I am a big, big, sinner (according to their book)...
and I don't like to be told I am wrong all the time!

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
But...it's one thing to not want religion to have too much control over peoples lives...another to demean & slander a religious group and their beliefs....even under the guise of a "cartoon"

I just think that Christians should just do their thing and ignore what all others are doing...

No one is obligating them to watch or do anything they don't want to...

And if they get offended... well... too bad, that's life!
(It happens to everybody)

Matt White
01-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Yep, the easy targets...
Tell ME about it!

If me and all women (especially the blonds) in America would have made a fuss and put pressure on the medias everytime there was a sexist, blond joke???????
(everytime = many, many times)

Com'on... one has to "let go" and worry about real issues!

Well...the title of the thread is "Religious nuts get their way again.."

as if that is a "bad" or "odd" thing....

So..."South Park" & COMEDY CENTRAL airs an episode where Catholics and their religious beliefs are made fun of...a Catholic group takes offense and makes extreme demands of COMEDY CENTRAL and it's parent company....

Catholics comprise about 15% of the US population....

Gays...we are led to believe...are about 10% of any given population....

Thus...the Catholics would have MORE political clout...and would then be free to exercise that clout...much as the GAY community would...and HAS...when they deem something in the media or popular culture to be "offensive".....

I don't see the problem here....a religious Minority group is demanding that they not be slandered by a cable television show.....they have the right.

jhale667
01-04-2006, 10:27 PM
...I hopped in my car to go out for dinner, flipped on Tom Leykis...and this was the topic of debate...vuja de! ;)

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 10:28 PM
...I don't see the problem here....a religious Minority group is demanding that they not be slandered by a cable television show.....they have the right.

Well... everybody has rights and I think their rights are interfering with other's... but fortunately... not mine!

NO OFFENSE to my fellow Americans... I love your country very much but your puritanism and sencorship sucks
Big Time!!!

Matt White
01-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Well... everybody has rights and I think their rights are interfering with other's... but fortunately... not mine!

NO OFFENSE to my fellow Americans... I love your country very much but your puritanism and sencorship sucks
Big Time!!!

No offense taken Luv....

But...AMERICA was built on puritanism & censorship!!!

It's why the pilgrims came here in the first place!!!:D

Well..."puritanism & censorship"...and on the backs of Native American peoples...but that's another discussion all together...;)

jhale667
01-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Funny how the pilgrims came here to escape religious persecution, and now the religious groups that sprouted from that movement now want to start their own crusades, it seems...

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 10:51 PM
No offense taken Luv....

But...AMERICA was built on puritanism & censorship!!!

It's why the pilgrims came here in the first place!!!:D

Well..."puritanism & censorship"...and on the backs of Native American peoples...but that's another discussion all together...;)

Yes, I've learned history of the U-S...

Plus, I lived 8 years in California... trust me, I know about your ancestors!
Ours, although more liberal, have been just as gruesome...

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Funny how the pilgrims came here to escape religious persecution, and now the religious groups that sprouted from that movement now want to start their own crusades, it seems...

No, I beleive that the pilgrims left the mother land because the king was too frivolish and Christianity was taking a turn and becauming to permissive for them...

That's why they are called puritains (like by the book).

Matt White
01-04-2006, 11:06 PM

LOL BG is right...the PURITANS left for the New World because they were so extreme they couldn't get along in Europe....

jhale667
01-04-2006, 11:08 PM
LOL BG is right...the PURITANS left for the New World because they were so extreme they couldn't get along in Europe....

OK, so they FELT 'persecuted' because no one wanted to be hard-asses like them :p

blonddgirl777
01-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Our founders left France, forced by the king... (long story)...
Here, we still have that French, liberal attitude... I love it!

rustoffa
01-04-2006, 11:34 PM

The Puritans were the quaker fuckers....the Patriots were the beer drinking fuckers that told the quakers to get the fuck out of New England. The quakers went and laid low....like persecuting and burning motherfuckers.

It's all twisted. When the Patriots came out of their likker-fuel'd scortched-tea policy, they made amends with the fucked-up skull and bones treaty.

LMFAO.

I'm gonna post it. :D

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The Puritans were the quaker fuckers....the Patriots were the beer drinking fuckers that told the quakers to get the fuck out of New England. The quakers went and laid low....like persecuting and burning motherfuckers.

It's all twisted. When the Patriots came out of their likker-fuel'd scortched-tea policy, they made amends with the fucked-up skull and bones treaty.

LMFAO.

I'm gonna post it. :D

That's an unusual way to teach history... L.O.L.

MAX
01-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Oh dear, what have y'all DONE to this thread? :eek:

I'd rather talk about Dan and his "prancing." lol

blonddgirl777
01-05-2006, 12:18 AM
I noticed that religous threads always get out of control...
"Why can't we all get along"???

MAX
01-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I noticed that religous threads always get out of control...
"Why can't we all get along"???

That's cos all you devil worshippers are muy loco to us Bible Thumpin' folk.

Either way, you're going to Hell. :p

Matt White
01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
OK, so they FELT 'persecuted' because no one wanted to be hard-asses like them :p

They were diffentetly HARD ASSES......

"Join our church...or LEAVE the colony"

"EXTREMISM 101"

DeadOrAlive
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Censorship is hillarious. I go to BET or MTV and watch a pack of Black Folk make fun of White People, and then I scurry to find a channel where White People are making fun of Black Folk. And as always, I never find it. Pretty funny, huh?

Matt White
01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Uhhhhhhh....No

DeadOrAlive
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA Priceless. I loved the reaction Matt.

Matt White
01-05-2006, 12:44 AM
DOA...go google AMOSANDANDY....and you'll see why WHITE-people aren't allowed to make fun of BLACK people...for about another 1,000 years.....BRUTAL

MAX
01-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Mairzy doats, and dozy doats, and little lambsy divy...

Dan
01-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Oh dear, what have y'all DONE to this thread? :eek:

I'd rather talk about Dan and his "prancing." lol

Max,There will be no Prancing on my Nightshift Tonight.:)

*Dan walking the streets at night*

Big Fat Sammy
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Mairzy doats, and dozy doats, and little lambsy divy...

If the words sound queer,
And funny to your ear,
A little bit jumbled and jivey,
Just say them slow,
And you will know that

Mares eat oats, and
Does eat oats, and
Little lambs eat ivy.

:D