PDA

View Full Version : Which CVH song gets the "SKIP" button?

WARF
01-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Man, this is a tough one for me.
I'd have to say both the intro and song Jump... I've fucking heard it too many times... I promised myself I'd skip it another 5 years... and see if I can enjoy it again!

diamondsgirl
01-06-2006, 03:28 PM
I'll Wait.

:yawn:

ALinChainz
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I'd have to go with "Jump" also ... it never makes any comps I burn ... nothing.

Warham
01-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I skip 'Little Dreamer' probably the most.

Loons The Great
01-06-2006, 08:01 PM
"Cathedral"

diamondsgirl
01-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Warham

lawdy, lawdy :eek:

just wondering what it is you don't like about this tune?

Flash Bastard
01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
"You're No Good" gets skipped every time. Not a huge fan of "Little Dreamer" either.

DavidLeeNatra
01-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
lawdy, lawdy :eek:

just wondering what it is you don't like about this tune?

me too...

Bob_R
01-07-2006, 05:02 PM
None of them for me.

squib
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I'll Skip...I'll Wait

diamondsgirl
01-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
"You're No Good" gets skipped every time. Not a huge fan of "Little Dreamer" either.

I think Daves's screams are excellent in YNG and I just love his voice in LD as well as the lyrics.

He played LD during his show in '02 and it was amazing.

Loons The Great
01-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I think Daves's screams are excellent in YNG and I just love his voice in LD as well as the lyrics.

Little Dreamer is tremendous...yez yez...lordy lordy nah...:D

MAX
01-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Shoot me but I've never liked "Girl Gone Bad" at all. Don't care much for "Jump" either. Prolly why "1984" 'tis the least played out of the six pack.

DavidLeeNatra
01-07-2006, 08:57 PM

there was a video of it around and it was very good!

diamondsgirl
01-07-2006, 11:12 PM
when I heard the first few chords, I remember thinking "no fucking way" :cool:

what a treat!

ALinChainz
01-08-2006, 12:45 PM

I actually like YNG better than LD.

And right on about the screams in it ... CLASSIC DLR!

It is where I can't take the original YNG anytime I hear it, that I will SKIP.

fe_lung
01-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Probaby any of the guitar sols. Secrets and Hang 'em High as well.

DrMaddVibe
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Most of Diver Down!

WARF
01-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Little Dreamer?!?!

Are you nuts?

Most underated song on VHI

Redballjets88
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
ok the only vh song i dont like is Dancin in the streets

DeadOrAlive
01-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm thinking... I'm thinking... This is a tough one. 1984 the actual track was pretty lame. I could do with out that. I guess that's about it, all the others I LOVE.

doctor roth
01-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Little dreamer hey ? YOWZA!!!!

Personally LOVE that song. On a side note, on Paul Gilberts web site he has little dreamer in his "these are the songs you should learn how to play" section !! And Paul would know !

I always skip sunday afternoon in the park. Kinda funny was fair warning is my fav record

Axl S
01-12-2006, 06:17 AM
one foot out the door usualy and the stupid intro on 1984

spmusicplyr
01-13-2006, 03:10 AM
fools

Vinnie Velvet
01-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Van Halen - "You Really Got Me" (just because I've heard it like too many times)

Van Halen II - "Dance the Night Away" (again, 'cause of it been overplayed on radio, etc.).

Women and Children First - "Could this Be Magic" (while I love this song, I just love the other ones more)

Fair Warning - (back to front, NO SONG on this classic gets skipped).

Diver Down - "Cathedral" and "Big Bad Bill" (depending on the mood, I'd actually listen to Big Bad Bill, but against Hang Em High or the Full Bug, it usually gets the skip button).

1984 - (seriously, even with "Jump", I never skip any song off this baby).

FORD
01-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I'll Wait :sleepy:

NATEDOG001976
01-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Warham

Oh man "Little Dreamer" is classic!

NATEDOG001976
01-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Wow, I really can't think of one to skip. I probably listen to "Diver Down" the least out of the 6 pack.

Cato
01-17-2006, 03:02 AM
I always listen to 1984 from Panama...

knuckleboner
01-17-2006, 04:26 PM
loss of control.

the breakdown where dave keeps repeating, "loss of control, loss of control, loss of control," sounds to me like a big jam session where everyone's just banging on an instrument in no particular order.

jslav06
01-23-2006, 08:30 PM
"Loss of Control"
"Dancing in the Streets"

tjvhou812
02-04-2006, 02:50 PM
not a fucking one.....i dont think they made a bad tune.....

i dont think they know how.......

David Van Via
02-04-2006, 05:09 PM
loss of control and girl gone bad (I've never been a fan of the song).

Dirty Duck
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
There is only ONE song that I always skip...since I was a kid.

Jamie's Cryin'...I never liked the song. I have nothing against it

personally...i just never liked the guitar licks or the lyrics.

THAT my friends...is the only..and I DO MEAN "ONLY" classic

VH song I skip.

blueturk
02-10-2006, 07:09 AM
"Runnin' With The Devil". It gets played WAY too much (around here anyway), and I don't think it's that great anyway.

BottomLine65
02-12-2006, 08:08 PM
If I had to name one it might be...........................1984 intro

diamondsgirl
02-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by BottomLine65
If I had to name one it might be...........................1984 intro

welcome to the Army :)

jtw5150
02-19-2006, 04:07 AM
"SKIP" a CVH tune ?? WTF - are you all out of your minds ?! :confused: :D

Grant
02-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Bottoms Up! I just can do without it.

ALMOSTsaved
02-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
loss of control.

the breakdown where dave keeps repeating, "loss of control, loss of control, loss of control," sounds to me like a big jam session where everyone's just banging on an instrument in no particular order.

Agreed. Another one I skip usually without fail is "Top Jimmy." Always loved the instrumentation / solo. But the lyrics just don't cut it for me.

Terry
02-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Some I skip because I've heard them too many times, some i skip because I was never that fond of them in the first place:

Eruption - this just bores me these days

Dance The Night Away - heard it too many times + it was never one of my fave tracks

And The Cradle Will Rock - see 'Dance The Night Away'

Where Have All The Good Times Gone - never really liked this cover

Dancing In The Streets - never really liked THIS cover, either

1984 - Waste of time and album space

Jump - I know Van Halen and Roth solo will be playing this until the day they die, but it's just a little too pop for my tastes

Panama - Heard it too much. Kinda ho-hum about it now

I'll Wait - Never liked this one at all. Jump and this track, to me, clearly illustrate Ed's newer, more commercial direction. Have nothing against synths depending upon how they are used, but Ed should have just stuck to his guitar...he's really got nothing spectacular to offer on keyboards, either in way of songs or technique.

Mr. Vengeance
02-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Why skip any? The albums are short enough to begin with.

If I had to skip one, I'd probably choose Pretty Woman. I just can't get into it as much as other covers they did.

VH80-84
03-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I've always skipped over Atomic Punk. I don't know why, I just did. It's just not among my faves. I think the other I skip every time is Big Bad Bill.

Loons The Great
03-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Agreed. Another one I skip usually without fail is "Top Jimmy." Always loved the instrumentation / solo. But the lyrics just don't cut it for me.

Blashemy!! Top Jimmy is cool lyrically, talks 'bout a legendary West Coast blues shouter nah!! Top Jimmy is cookin'...with gazz...the pot iz on high nah!!

bueno bob
03-19-2006, 04:41 AM
In order of release...

1. Runnin with the Devil...just burnt out on it...
2. Eruption...don't care to be reminded of what he WAS anymore...
3. Jamie's Cryin'...again, just burnt out on it...
4. Outta Love Again...usually because I want the next track!
5. Women in Love...usually listen to the intro, that's about it...
6. Tora Tora...not missing anything by skipping it...
7. Sunday Afternoon in the Park...see #6...

That's it...everything else is on the listen to list...

Terry
03-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
In order of release...

1. Runnin with the Devil...just burnt out on it...
2. Eruption...don't care to be reminded of what he WAS anymore...
3. Jamie's Cryin'...again, just burnt out on it...
4. Outta Love Again...usually because I want the next track!
5. Women in Love...usually listen to the intro, that's about it...
6. Tora Tora...not missing anything by skipping it...
7. Sunday Afternoon in the Park...see #6...

That's it...everything else is on the listen to list...

I can agree with 1 and 2, and even 6 and 7 to a degree...maybe 3 at times as well...

...but I don't care how purty she is, 4 and 5 are damn fine tunes, and....(stares at white shirt).....um....what were we talking about again?

(Drools)

Coyote
03-20-2006, 07:08 PM
The instrumentals mainly.

vistadelrey
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Cradle will rock and everybody wants some. these two songs get played day in and day out. sick of it. another one that gets plays too much is unchained but i don't get tired of that for nobody.

all solos and instrumentals get played double time. they just freak me out some times.

i can understand most of the skips here other than 'girl gone bad.' blasphemy!! IMHO

"lazy eyes in the summer heat
fresh from outta town
now she's workin on the street
shaking poor boys down!!"

WOAHYEAH
03-24-2006, 05:04 PM
One foot out the door.
Loss of Control.
Happy Trails.

vheddyrmv8
03-24-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm surprised with all of these answers. Girl Gone Bad is a great song.

What surprises me even more is the lack of people skipping over Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails.

Loons The Great
03-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Happy Trails is an awesome cut. Only Van Rothin' could take a country classic and vett it up an' makes it their own nah yez YEAH!!!!!!

bueno bob
03-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Terry
I can agree with 1 and 2, and even 6 and 7 to a degree...maybe 3 at times as well...

...but I don't care how purty she is, 4 and 5 are damn fine tunes, and....(stares at white shirt).....um....what were we talking about again?

(Drools)

We were talking about KELLI WILLIAMS.

She's PURTY!

bueno bob
03-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
I'm surprised with all of these answers. Girl Gone Bad is a great song.

I agree. I don't understand where a lot of the dislike of GGB comes from...IMO, I think it's one of the three best songs on the whole damn album...

:confused:

Loons The Great
03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Girl Gone Bad is a helluva tune. You won't hear me whinin' 'bout it nah no sah. A great tune to roll down de street, fo' deep in a Benzo, wearin' Versatchee, biddin' on some hohs...dem hohs is fo dough, not fo' show...:D

trueblue
04-06-2006, 08:06 AM

i've heard quite a few ppl put down YNG as useless and the same is done in some crappy reviews...somehow, by instinct, I hate covers but I feel it was another cover tune by CVH that far surpassed the original mainly due to Eddie's simple blues-rock riff attack on it, and Dave's adorable falsetto screams that makes u wanna hug him tight, not for the first time....Little Dreamer is surely not the best song on the debut, but I like it quite a lot anyway....

Only 3 CVH songs almost always get the 'skip' treatment from me...'Girl Gone Bad', 'Dancing in the Street', and "Big Bad Bill(Is Sweet Willian Now)..

trueblue
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM

i've heard quite a few ppl put down YNG as useless and the same is done in some crappy reviews...somehow, by instinct, I hate covers but I feel YNG was another cover tune by CVH that far surpassed the original mainly due to Eddie's simple blues-rock riff attack on it, and Dave's adorable falsetto screams that makes u wanna hug him tight, not for the first time....Little Dreamer is surely not the best song on the debut, but I like it quite a lot anyway....

Only 3 CVH songs almost always get the 'skip' treatment from me...'Girl Gone Bad', 'Dancing in the Street', and "Big Bad Bill(Is Sweet Willian Now)..

floyd95
04-06-2006, 08:28 AM
I never skip a song on the 6, I'm just used to listening to them from start to finish, harkens back to the day of LP's and cassettes when you listened to the whole damn album.

I love the flow of good albums and when I hear a song it sounds strange not to hear the following song in sequence.

With that said, I could do without I'll Wait. I can just imagine Hagar writing some bad lyrics to that song, something about Love, Dreams or his ass.

DeadOrAlive
04-13-2006, 07:39 PM
1984 Intro... AGAIN.

tjvhou812
04-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Fakk

DeadOrAlive
04-22-2006, 04:17 AM
Tora Tora would go there also

Jérôme Frenchise
04-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Ah, CDs and DVDs, that enabled us to become harder to please than we are good-looking ourselves...
When it came to "skipping" songs, LPs and tapes would require some kind of an effort. Getting to the following track or the to other side or to any other fucking song would mean a bit of handling, that is...
Now we've come to snobbing certain tunes that we used to easily let play... Mmh...
I do skip certain tracks as well, "Dance the night away", "Dancing in the Street" and "I'll wait"...
But this is it: digital discs have made listeners harder to please than reasonable.
Technologies will make life much simpler, but won't make us humans any better. :cool:

DeadOrAlive
04-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I have some vynals and cassettes, just love them because they way they work and stuff, but CDs are SO MUCH EASIER to deal with. Gotta love the HUGE vynals though.