PDA

View Full Version : Osbournes Say Kelly Entering Rehab

ALinChainz
04-03-2004, 02:41 AM
LOS ANGELES - Kelly Osbourne (news), the 19-year-old daughter of heavy metal star Ozzy Osbourne, has checked into a drug rehabilitation center for an addiction to painkillers, her parents said Friday night in a televised interview.

Kelly Osbourne's younger brother, Jack, 18, checked himself into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic last year and Ozzy Osbourne has been candid about his decades of battles with substance abuse.

The siblings became international stars following the success of the MTV reality show "The Osbournes," which shows an oft-dazed Ozzy doting over his dysfunctional family with wife-manager, Sharon. The Osbourne's oldest daughter, Aimee, has not taken part in the show, which returns April 6 for its third season on MTV.

Ozzy, 55, and Sharon Osbourne, 51, talked about their daughter's drug problem Friday night on CNN's "Larry King Live."

Sharon Osbourne said that an English tabloid notified them Friday that they had a photograph of Kelly in an apparent drug deal.

Kelly Osbourne was confronted and eventually acknowledged a drug problem "after a lot of twisting," Sharon Osbourne said.

Ozzy said that his daughter denied having a stash of drugs, but the family's maid said she had found a bag of pills underneath her bed.

"So the bag was delivered to me, and I opened this bag and it was full of pills. ... There must have been 500 pills," he told King.

Within hours, Kelly's brother drove her to the Promises rehabilitation center in Malibu.

When asked on the interview show if she had advice on how to steer children away from drugs, Sharon Osbourne responded somberly.

"I'm a failure," she replied. "How can I give anybody advice?"

The Osbournes said that for every good thing that has happened to their family, there also have been difficulties. Sharon Osbourne announced in 2002 that she was undergoing treatment for colon cancer, which is now in remission, and Ozzy last year was injured in an all-terrain vehicle accident in England.

Jack Osbourne celebrates one year of sobriety April 23, his mother said.

lucky wilbury
04-03-2004, 02:59 AM
they should just sell their home and move into a rehab center. it'll be cheaper in the long run.

Panamark
04-03-2004, 05:09 AM
I wonder what drug it was ? Percodan I bet...

Elitest
04-03-2004, 07:53 AM
senocot

Susie Q
04-03-2004, 08:25 AM
ROTFLMAO! :bananna:

Viking
04-03-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm surprised that they're all still alive at this point.

PHOENIX
04-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Fucking spoiled brat is what she is.

alexpgrimes
04-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Now we just gotta wait for Aimee to screw up now..

Flash Bastard
04-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Oxycontin. It's a miraculous pain reliever but it's terribly addictive.

Got some in my medicine cabinet but it's not my style... I prefer morphine. ;)

ALinChainz
04-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Cancer, bike accident for Ozzy, not to mention his already fucked up health.

The two kids in rehab. And it seems like I heard where Aimee and Nicole Ritchie were at odds over a boyfriend or some shit.

Enough would be enough. Sharon would have to get a grip on the spending and Ozzy should just shut it down.

Panamark
04-04-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Oxycontin. It's a miraculous pain reliever but it's terribly addictive.

Got some in my medicine cabinet but it's not my style... I prefer morphine. ;)

I think Percodan and Oxycontin are pretty much the same beast. I was given Oxycontin (Oxycodone Hydrochloride) recently after breaking my arm badly. I found after a few days, it stops killing the pain, but it makes you feel good. You want to keep taking it for the "feelgood" instead of its pain killing properties. I believe that Oxycodone is a synthetic non-opiod copy of morphine. So its probably as close as you are going to get to morphine.

I can see how people get hooked to these buggers. Ive still got a box of them in the fridge from hospital, but Im in no hurry to pop any. I think I could learn to like them too easily. :)

ELVIS
04-04-2004, 05:27 AM
You people are heartless...