PDA

View Full Version : Boy o boy, check out this eBay feedback!

kentuckyklira
01-05-2006, 07:20 AM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=alisher71&items=25&page=2&frompage=-1&iid=-1&de=off

Jérôme Frenchise
01-05-2006, 07:31 AM
:eek: I've registered for 6 months, haven't bought a thing yet... this won't encourage me to start!
Poor folks, crooks are everywhere...

ThrillsNSpills
01-05-2006, 08:29 AM
I bought about 6 things off ebay and have been very fortunate.
I almost was in a position to bid to one of the ebay criminals, but I asked him a couple questions and he fell off the radar and ended up ripping someone else off. The things I got were a perfect fit and I use daily, but I'm done, except maybe for small ticket items.

Hardrock69
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
That guy was in the news the other day....he and his girlfriend are from Ukraine or some place like that, and are wanted by the police.

He was based out of Florida...

Jimmy Jingles
01-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Must be Joey T.

Hardrock69
01-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Joey is not that smart.

DeadOrAlive
01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
That's why I have a friend do my eBay business. Creepy I know. Only bought like 3 things from their.

bueno bob
01-05-2006, 07:09 PM
I've been using ebay for five years and have never had a problem.

A good rule of thumb? LOOK at the person's feedback BEFORE bidding. Moreover, don't trust 15-20 positive feedbacks on small ticket items from people who have tiny feedback amounts themselves, that's too easy to be done (and scammers can always win auctions on small ticket items, pay for them all and have a 100% positive feedback very easily before the scamming starts).

The only half-bad experience I ever had was that I sold one guy a copy of a CD for $5.00; he told me that he didn't get it...it was a junk, throwaway CD ( and no, I'm not going to say what it was but it had "III" in the title ;) ), and I went out and bought another one for $3, sent it out to him again...again he e-mails me and says "I didn't get it" (again)...sent him out a 3rd CD (!!!) and put a tracker on it; three weeks later he starts sending me nasty e-mails about "not sending him the CD"...after researching it, I found out that he'd refused to sign for it once he found out there was tracking on it...he left me negative feedback, the works...

All things considered, though, I've had a great run with ebay and have had surprisingly little in the way of any problems...

Mad Poet
01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I hope this yokel kept the money for his attorney's fees and court costs. What a bonehead!

gburt_lagnaf
01-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Looks like someone needed extra money for Christmas.

What a dick.

frets5150
01-06-2006, 01:12 AM
I don't get it after the first 3 or 4 negative's you would think people would catch on. :rolleyes:

Hardrock69
01-06-2006, 02:16 AM
Bidder Uncovers $100,000 eBay Fraud
FBI Is Investigating Case

UPDATED: 9:21 am EST December 22, 2005

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A scammer on auction site eBay has stolen more than $100,000 from innocent bidders all over the continent, Kansas City television station KMBC reported.

The station said it is the biggest scam ever reported on the site.

Danielle Stange said she was ripped off and has no way to get her money back.

"I was bidding on an iPod for my brother. I was buying it for my parents for him for Christmas," Stange said.

Before Stange placed her bid, she did what the FBI suggested. She checked the seller's reputation and asked the seller if he or she used PayPal.

But the seller in this case did not use PayPal, which is an online payment system.

"Which was a red flag. But I called him before I bid and asked him to explain why he didn't take PayPal. He explained that he had been burned a few times by PayPal," Stange said.

But the green star, eBay's stamp of a super seller, boosted Stange's confidence.

For a month, Stange said she read nothing but good things about the seller, so she decided to bid. She won and sent in a money order for more than $200.

"About a week later, I hadn't heard anything, so I called him. He said he had received my payment that day and would send me confirmation via e-mail. And everything was fine. Then, about a week later, I still hadn't heard anything," Stange said.

Stange said she got back on eBay and saw that complaints canceled out the previous compliments she had seen.

"He had gotten more than 100 negative feedbacks from people with the same experience as me. They'd sent in money, had gotten confirmation of the payment but had not seen any of their items," Stange said.

Moritz said hundreds of people were affected.

"Just today, I've received more than 300 e-mails from people who have been hurt by this," Stange said.

The online auction site closed down the seller's account. Investigators in Collier County, Fla., said that they are looking for Alisher Mardonov, 34, and his girlfriend, Shahnoza Khakimova, 31. Authorities said Mardonov traded on eBay under the screen name alisher71.

Investigators said Mardonov and Khakimova are reported to be Uzbekistan citizens. Investigators are working with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. A nationwide notice has been sent to law enforcement agencies.

http://www.wftv.com/technology/5610160/detail.html

Romeo Delight
01-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

A good rule of thumb? LOOK at the person's feedback BEFORE bidding. Moreover, don't trust 15-20 positive feedbacks on small ticket items from people who have tiny feedback amounts themselves, that's too easy to be done (and scammers can always win auctions on small ticket items, pay for them all and have a 100% positive feedback very easily before the scamming starts).

The only half-bad experience I ever had was that I sold one guy a copy of a CD for $5.00; he told me that he didn't get it...it was a junk, throwaway CD ( and no, I'm not going to say what it was but it had "III" in the title ;) ), and I went out and bought another one for $3, sent it out to him again...again he e-mails me and says "I didn't get it" (again)...sent him out a 3rd CD (!!!) and put a tracker on it; three weeks later he starts sending me nasty e-mails about "not sending him the CD"...after researching it, I found out that he'd refused to sign for it once he found out there was tracking on it...he left me negative feedback, the works...

All things considered, though, I've had a great run with ebay and have had surprisingly little in the way of any problems...

You bought 3 copies of that shite! Hilarious! What was his angle? Trying to resell each copy for $7? WTF?

jero
01-06-2006, 04:34 AM
he stole about $60000 in a few weeks!

Mr Grimsdale
01-06-2006, 06:56 AM
PENIS

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

I often buy stuff on eBay - I bought ALAE, YFLM and DLR Band at $0.01 - and never had a problem.

I would ask you your eBay identity through PM Bob, since I know I could trust you and maybe I'd buy a couple of things from you if I was interested, but you say you bought the VH III album [B]THREE[/] times, so I don't like you anymore.

In fact, I think you should get in the Pen.

Cheers! :bottle: