PDA

View Full Version : Attacks Across IRAQ Kill 134

Nickdfresh
01-05-2006, 11:39 AM
At least 134 killed in attacks across Iraq
80 killed in one attack

Thursday, January 5, 2006; Posted: 11:04 a.m. EST (16:04 GMT)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/01/05/iraq.main/t1.iraq01.ap.jpg

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/05/iraq.main/index.html) the December 15 elections, at least 134 people were killed in Iraq and scores were wounded in separate insurgent-bomb attacks, authorities said Thursday.

In Ramadi, 80 people were killed and dozens wounded when a bomber detonated near an Iraqi police recruitment and screening drive, according to a U.S. Marine news release.

About 1,000 people were waiting in line to apply for positions on the new Iraqi police force being reconstituted, officials said.

Ramadi is the capital of restive Anbar province, where U.S. and Iraqi military forces conducted several operations just before the elections, aimed at rooting out a strong insurgency there.

A blast in Karbala, a Shiite holy city, killed 45 people and wounded dozens more on Thursday morning in a pedestrian mall that runs between the Imam Hussien and Imam Abbas holy shrines, police spokesman Rahman Mishawi said.

The area has been closed off and police are investigating, Mishawi said.

Karbala, located about 50 miles (80 kilometers) south of Baghdad, has been relatively free of violence for the past year.

Among the 130 dead were five U.S. soldiers with Task Force Baghdad, according to a U.S. military news release.

The soldiers were patrolling in the Iraqi capital when their Humvee was hit by a roadside bomb, the release said.

With the deaths, 2,187 U.S. service members have been killed in the Iraq war.

Meanwhile in central Baquba, four police officers were killed and another four were wounded about 9 a.m. when insurgents ambushed a police patrol using small arms fire, authorities said.
Spike in violence

The attacks marked a second day of widespread violence in Iraq.

The most deadly incident on Wednesday was in Muqdadiya, about 100 kilometers (60 miles) north of Baghdad, where a suicide bomber killed 36 people and wounded 40 others at funeral procession, officials said.

Those attending the funeral were on foot when the bomber mixed in among them.

The funeral was for Mohammed al-Bakka, nephew of Ahmed al-Bakka, Ahmed al-Bakk, ahead of Muqdadiya's Dawa party and director of the town.

Ahmed al-Bakka survived an assassination attempt Tuesday, but a bodyguard and his nephew were killed.

Dawa is the party of Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari.

Earlier Wednesday, five people were killed and 15 wounded in a car bomb attack on an Iraqi police patrol in northern Baghdad neighborhood of Kadhimiya. The casualties included police officers and civilians.

A short time later, Iraq police commandos battled insurgents for about 30 minutes in western Baghdad's Gazaliya neighborhood.

The firefight left one commando dead and 17 other people wounded, including 16 commandos.

Also Wednesday, three people died and 11 more were wounded when a parked car bomb remotely detonated in an attack on an Iraqi police commando patrol in southern Baghdad's al-Dora neighborhood, Baghdad police said.

An Iraqi police commando was among the dead, and six commandos were wounded in the 3 p.m. attack, the official said.

Meanwhile, attackers used rocket-propelled grenades and machine guns Wednesday to destroy 20 fuel tankers in two attacks on a convoy traveling from a refinery in Baiji to Baghdad, an official with the Salah al-Din Joint Coordination Center told CNN.

The first attack took place in Tikrit, where gunmen hit a tanker with an rocket-propelled grenade and killed the driver. An hour later, gunmen attacked the same convoy in Mashahda, about 90 kilometers (60 miles) north of Baghdad, destroying 19 more tankers, the officials said.

The fate of those 19 drivers was unknown, the official added.

CNN's Cal Perry, Barbara Starr and Mohammed Tawfeeq contributed to this report.

4moreyears
01-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I guess we should leave iraq and let these maniacs run free.

Nickdfresh
01-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears

Good idea. They already are running free, in IRAQ.

LoungeMachine
01-05-2006, 01:07 PM

What do expect to happen?

We kill 'em all [ they breed too, moron]

They change their minds? [ this conflict is 1,000 years old, dumbass]

We wait until we have over 3,000 dead, like 9/11.....and then declare "victory" and leave?????

What exactly is left to accomplish, fuckstump?

God damn I'd love to see one coherent post from your addled mind

:rolleyes:

4moreyears
01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
What do expect to happen?

We kill 'em all [ they breed too, moron]

They change their minds? [ this conflict is 1,000 years old, dumbass]

We wait until we have over 3,000 dead, like 9/11.....and then declare "victory" and leave?????

What exactly is left to accomplish, fuckstump?

God damn I'd love to see one coherent post from your addled mind

:rolleyes:

You wish you had my intelligence.

ODShowtime
01-05-2006, 08:37 PM

Ignorance is bliss, or so I've heard.

blueturk
01-05-2006, 08:47 PM

What the hell ever, Britney.

"Anyway I think if someone is in charge you support him while he is there." - posted by 4moreyears today, in a not too intelligent defense of Bush

Phil theStalker
01-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeh, doon't ya know Cheney and Bushit keep saying tit's getting better all da time!

Mmmaybe tit's just mmme.

:spank:

DrMaddVibe
01-05-2006, 10:45 PM
nicker00, you forgot to smile and wave your pom-poms when you cheered the death of Americans!

Nickdfresh
01-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
nicker00, you forgot to smile and wave your pom-poms when you cheered the death of Americans!

Whatever pee-stain. Did you have fun being a cowardly old man fighting to the death of other people, from the privacy and cuntfort of the internet Gay Aiken-boy.

C'mon tough guy, even 40+ year olds can re-up pussy boy...Put your money where your big fat stupid mouth is.

Ooooh, th'wo tough with the Thw'ith avatar....

Nickdfresh
01-06-2006, 06:36 AM
C'mon AssVIbe, the laughing stock of the Frontline, simply too think to get it....

DrMaddVibe
01-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
C'mon AssVIbe, the laughing stock of the Frontline, simply too think to get it....

You're a moron.

You're more obsessed about Clay Aiken. You can't stop talking about him or posting his pics. I suppose you believe it to be some dig at me, but you can come clean with the fact that you're a homosexual with delusions of being an internet political power broker.

Nickdfresh
01-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
You're a moron.

You're more obsessed about Clay Aiken. You can't stop talking about him or posting his pics. I suppose you believe it to be some dig at me, but you can come clean with the fact that you're a homosexual with delusions of being an internet political power broker.

Ooooh, touchy touchy....

By posting a news article, like I'm cheering anything....

LOL, yeah, look for my polictical website coming in June (or
not).
http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0018-0402-2706-1057_SM.jpg

BigBadBrian
01-06-2006, 04:02 PM
More dead US Soldiers = More Rejoicing Democrats.

Pathetic. :mad:

Nickdfresh
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
More dead US Soldiers = More Rejoicing Democrats.

Pathetic. :mad:

Nice try Brian, I know you'd like to cover up their deaths because US service members mean nothing to you, and you gladly use them to cover for the the stench of failure you elected...The one that can never admit error.

Actually, the number's 11 now, the BushEEP better bury 'em quick so no one notices and they can continue to pretend we don't have a serious problem in IRAQ (and then not join up and serve themselves).

Six U.S. Troops Killed in Iraq, Military Says

By Nelson Hernandez and Fred Barbash
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 6, 2006; 10:27 AM

BAGHDAD, Jan. 6 -- The military announced Friday the deaths of six troops in the violence that swept Iraq Thursday, bringing to 11 the number of military deaths on that day.

The American deaths, combined with at least 182 civilian fatalities Wednesday and Thursday, made it one of the most lethal few days in recent months.

The bloodshed comes at a time of increasing Bush administration discussion of drawing down slightly the number of U.S. troops in Iraq, now that the election there is complete.

In a brief news release Friday, a military spokesman said that a Marine and a soldier died in the attack on an Iraqi police recruitment center in Ramadi that was said to have killed 80 others Thursday. The release said the two were killed in action by a suicide bomb.

Separately, the military said Friday that two soldiers were killed in the Baghdad area Thursday after their vehicle was attacked by a roadside bomb. No further details were provided.

And in Fallujah, the scene of intense fighting last year, two Marines were killed by small-arms fire in separate attacks during combat operations Thursday, the military said.

The deaths of another five troops Thursday had been previously announced. Those five American soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in the capital, the U.S. military said.

At least 80 Sunni Arabs were killed and 61 wounded Thursday at the recruiting center in Ramadi, the capital of the Sunni-dominated province of Anbar, when two suicide bombers detonated explosive vests outside the building, said Majeed Tikriti, a doctor at the city's hospital. In an e-mailed statement, U.S. military authorities said 30 people had been killed in the attack.

In the Ramadi attack, more than 1,000 men had gathered at the center to apply for new jobs with the Iraqi police, Marine Capt. Jeffrey S. Pool said in the statement. A suicide bomber detonated an explosive vest in the middle of the crowd, witnesses and Iraqi police said.

Those killed in Ramadi were among more than 140 people killed in attacks Thursday in Iraq.

The attacks came a day after insurgents killed 42 people at a funeral in the city of Muqdadiyah.

Before Wednesday, the country had enjoyed a measure of calm and even optimism as rival politicians talked of arranging a broad-based coalition government following the Dec. 15 elections.

In a sermon at the Um al-Qura mosque in Baghdad Friday, the Sunni sheikh Ahmad Khider Abbas condemned the attacks.

"In Iraq today there is weakness, and insecurity. Yesterday's bloody attacks were a stark proof of that," he said. "I can assure you all that it is foreign hands which came from beyond the borders that were behind these attacks. These are hands . . . that are trying to settle old historical scores.

"There will be no security and we will not get through this ordeal unless the Iraqi Army is reborn on the basis of a nationalist, professional ideology whose sole objective is the service of this country."

Sadr Qubbanchi, a Shiite mosque preacher in the city of Najaf, accused U.S. forces of contributing to the escalation of violence in Iraq. Qubbanchi said in his Friday sermon that "America gave the green light for the terrorists in Karbala . . . and other bombings when they interrupted the work of the ministries of defense and interior. And now, they release terrorists from the prisons under the call for human rights."

Barbash reported from Washington. Post special correspondents K.I. Ibrahim in Baghdad and Saad Sarhan in Najaf contributed to this story.

© 2006 The Washington Post Company (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/06/AR2006010600232.html)

Phil theStalker
01-06-2006, 04:27 PM
There were 7 yesterday.

Oh well, we're int2o that Vietnam culture sleep again.

7, 11, 14 from my Brook Park, Ohio.

WHO CARES?!

Warham, BBB, jacksmar?

:spank:

"They know not what they do."