PDA

View Full Version : Got 3 new discs tonight...some amazing shit...

Hardrock69
01-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Stopped at ye olde record shop tonite and got 2 DVDs and a 20-bit remastered edition of Rush's 2112 (for only 8 fucking dollars on sale! :D )

1. The Legend Of DOLEMITE!!!

A kickass DVD with lots of interviews and old footage and audio clips of Rudy Ray Moore.

Highly entertaining.

Yeah...he bad!

Oh...here is a link to a post I made about him awhile back (for those of you ignorant in the ways of Dolemite):

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25515&highlight=Dolemite

2. Girlschool - Live In London..

Filmed at the Camden Palace Theater, London, UK 12/7/84.

I had heard some of their stuff a long time ago. Thought I would give this a whirl.

They were ok, but did not kick my ass. Standard rock music, but fun to check out.
They played in front of what looked like a full house.

Headbanging for all!

3. 2112 - The Remaster....

Christamighty.....fucking astonishing. I was hearing all kinds of shit I never heard before...without even having to trip haha!!

Incredible production. Very grate job of remastering.

It had been quite some time since I just sat down to listen to an album, and did not do anything else while listening.

One of THE Classic Hard Rock/Metal albums of the 70s.

Diamondjimi
01-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Nice !
The Rush remasters are killer.
Stopped off @ HMV tonight , bought Deep Purple Live in Copenhagen '71 + Live in New York '73 DVD . Ass kickin !

I have them on bootleg vhs.Cool to have 'em on DVD.
Good price too...$16.99

EbDawson
01-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
3. 2112 - The Remaster....

Christamighty.....fucking astonishing. I was hearing all kinds of shit I never heard before...without even having to trip haha!!

Incredible production. Very grate job of remastering.

It had been quite some time since I just sat down to listen to an album, and did not do anything else while listening.

One of THE Classic Hard Rock/Metal albums of the 70s.

Cool! I may have to pick that up. You got the "Spirit of the Radio"? It's their greatest hits package remastered. 16 tunes.

I've got a Girlschool LP in storage somewhere. Listened to it in college.

Alex Mogilny
01-07-2006, 09:59 AM
$8????

What store is that HR?

Hardrock69
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Tower West End.....I think I got the last copy of 2112....but then I never went to look at the copies in the "Rush" section. They had this section of cds for 7.99 to your right as you walk through the front door..but before you get to the magazine rack....I just looked through all the cds they had on the table there, so there might still be some left in the Rush section.

There is a buncha stuff on sale right now. One thing I remember is that 2-disc sets of the Jimi Hendrix Woodstock DVD are $9.99.

Fucking figures...I spent 20 bucks only a couple of months ago...

:rolleyes:

Alex Mogilny
01-07-2006, 07:22 PM
cool...I'll be up there un Tuesday. I'll have to check it out.

It seems like they rotate the 7.99 and the 9.99 bin every month or so. I've picked up alot of cool stuff in those bins over the years.