PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Lonnie Latham: Oklahomosexual!!

FORD
01-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Tulsa Pastor Arrested In OKC On Lewdness Charge

POSTED: 4:03 pm CST January 4, 2006
UPDATED: 11:34 pm CST January 4, 2006

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An executive committee member of the Southern Baptist Convention was arrested on a lewdness charge for propositioning a plainclothes policeman outside a hotel, police said.

Lonnie Latham, senior pastor at South Tulsa Baptist Church, was booked into Oklahoma County Jail Tuesday night on a misdemeanor charge of offering to engage in an act of lewdness, police Capt. Jeffrey Becker said. Latham was released on $500 bail Wednesday afternoon.

Latham, who has spoken out against homosexuality, asked the officer to join him in his hotel room for oral sex. Latham was arrested and his 2005 Mercedes automobile was impounded, Becker said.

Calls to Latham at his church were not immediately returned Wednesday.

When he left jail, he said:

"I was set up. I was in the area pastoring to police."

Oh, is that what they call it now? :blow:

The arrest took place in the parking lot of the Habana Inn, which is in an area where the public has complained about male prostitutes flagging down cars, Becker said. The plainclothes officers was investigating these complaints.

The lewdness charge carries a penalty of up to one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Latham is one of four Southern Baptist Convention executive committee members from Oklahoma.

He spoke out last year against a measure, ultimately approved by voters, to expand tribal gaming.

Hmmm....can we find a tie to Jack Abramoff here as well?

He has also spoken out against same-sex marriage and in support of a Southern Baptist Convention directive urging its 42,000 churches to befriend gays and lesbians and try to convince them that they can become heterosexual "if they accept Jesus Christ as their savior and reject their 'sinful, destructive lifestyle."'

"See how well it worked for me!!"

The Southern Baptist Convention is the nation's largest Protestant denomination.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Hardrock69
01-07-2006, 05:01 PM
HAHA....

Fucking reverend got busted....

LMFAO!!!

:cool:

Jerry Falwell
01-07-2006, 07:00 PM
There was a lot circulating about this guy before he ever got caught. He was dirty for some time now. I hate it that people like this give the Church a black eye.
He was seen at a gay bar by a friend of mine (yup, I even have gay friends) not too long ago that attends his church. This moron wips out $3000 and hands him $1000 of it to not say anything to anyone at church. Freakin hypocrite. This really sucks.

Hardrock69
01-08-2006, 04:37 AM
No shit.