PDA

View Full Version : Working out

MAX
01-09-2006, 11:16 PM
What's your gig if you have one and what are your goals?

I swim five miles a week, meaning one mile a day, five days a week. I have lots of toys that work all as well. I also go to the gym three times a week for a lotta light reps for toning with weights.

Now a cupla friends and myself have started boxing heeya nd theya. Already have a speedbag at home. Fuck, now that shit 'tis a workout. Jumpin' the fucking rope and all sorts of shit that looks easy but wears one out.

I've actually sparred in the ring three times now. I'm up to going the distance two rounds. My arms take a fucking beating from being in the defensive pose and getting repeatedly belted whilst protecting both my face and upper body. :o

Fun as fuck though when I land a stellar hook in my opponents jaw. :)

What do y'all do to keep in shape?

boy, u stupid
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
I do my workout routing in California, Pa. at a boxing training camp. This is an isolated area in the mountains which make for a lot of up hill running. People fail to realize what kind of shape you must be in to go 3 minute rounds. I would recomend learning all punch combinations, 1 thru 8, before sparring. The most important aspect of boxing and the most overlooked is defense and patience. I had a lot of knockouts during my amateur career that were obtained through be patient, studying my opponents patterns, waiting for that one opening and then taking advantage of it. If your ever in the Pitts. area, I'd be glad to do some sparring with you and show you a few pointers.

fuckhowardstern
01-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah then he will take you to the steam room for some after work-out relaxation, Thunder-style.

blonddgirl777
01-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by MAX
...Now a cupla friends and myself have started boxing heeya nd theya. Already have a speedbag at home. Fuck, now that shit 'tis a workout. Jumpin' the fucking rope and all sorts of shit that looks easy but wears one out....

I know exactly what you mean by it LOOKS easy...

I have been cardio kick boxing for about 10 years now.
I try to do at least 3 very intense cardio sessions/week (my goal is 5), alternating between step classes, spinning, jogging and... cardio kick boxing.

The kick boxing is the toughest, because you constantly have to think about our posture.
It is easy to swing those arms and legs in a way that you can really hurt yourself.
It took me years to learn not to punch "like a girl" and to lock those kicks so I could save my joints a little but...
I feel sore at times.

A teacher once told me that I could be good at real female boxing but how little did he know me...
I could never take a punch in the stomach... never mind the face!

I also try to lift 2 times/week, so I can keep that booty up... again, not easy when you are a woman.

I no longer dream of Madonna's body... all I want is to stay healthy and fit.

No, my lifestyle is not perfect. I eat terribly; (not enough and irregularely).
Sometimes I feel exausted but my appetite is just "not there"...

Nutrition... gotta work on that new year resolution!

ashstralia
01-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I know exactly what you mean by it LOOKS easy...

I have been cardio kick boxing for about 10 years now.

phwoar!!!!

blonddgirl777
01-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
phwoar!!!!

Yep... and I DO kick ass! :p

blonddgirl777
01-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by MAX
...What do y'all do to keep in shape?

Judging by the popularity of that thread... not much! :p

Except for fingers on the board and hands on... whatever..... :o

Axl S
01-12-2006, 06:31 AM
i use to do boxing so i hit the gym 3 times a week and do cardio stuff on 2 other days

Golden AWe
01-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Power-lifting 4 times a week plus some hockey during the wintertime. Now that I've eased down the heavy drinking I can really cuntcentrate on the sports again...no hangover days.

There have been times when I was paying less attention on training but now I've been able to get better results again and I broke some of my older records last autumn, before having that 8-week pause thanks to the epilepsy and the back I injured during the attack. Now training feels GRETT again.

Well, pretty GRETT, lifting weight is like banging your head in the wall - it feels good after you stop doing it :D

My goals? Feeling good, mostly. It's a mental thing to feel good physically.

It would be nice to break some of my father's records too. His old records on bench-press etc. are ahead of me.

scamper
01-12-2006, 07:11 AM
mountain biking, wakeboarding, windsurfing, motocross, snowboarding, running, whatever time allows

blonddgirl777
01-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by scamper
mountain biking, wakeboarding, windsurfing, motocross, snowboarding, running, whatever time allows

Wow!!!

Do you live at the beach?
You are lucky to be able to afford all these toys...

diamondsgirl
01-12-2006, 11:48 AM
when I work out its generally 30-45 minutes of cardio and then circuit.

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I generally wake up and take a shit.

Wiping burns a good 500 calories easily.

Then walking from the couch to the fridge rounds out my cardio.

Vagina aerobics and titty boxing are also good exercise.

Jimmy Jingles
01-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by boy, u stupid
I do my workout routing in California, Pa. at a boxing training camp. This is an isolated area in the mountains which make for a lot of up hill running. People fail to realize what kind of shape you must be in to go 3 minute rounds. I would recomend learning all punch combinations, 1 thru 8, before sparring. The most important aspect of boxing and the most overlooked is defense and patience. I had a lot of knockouts during my amateur career that were obtained through be patient, studying my opponents patterns, waiting for that one opening and then taking advantage of it. If your ever in the Pitts. area, I'd be glad to do some sparring with you and show you a few pointers.

Then you wake up and realize your sheets are sticky.

Angel
01-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I just started skating again after 15 years being off the ice. 45 minutes every other day. Hurts like hell right now but give me a couple of months and I'll be mastering the triple jumps again! :D

BruinJer
01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Lift 5 days a week

Monday: Arms & Chest ( top it off with a 20 minute run-200 sit-ups, 100 after workout, 100 before bed)
Tuesday : Sholders & Back (20 minute run, Sit-ups)
Wednesday: Legs[squats, quads & calves] (30 minute run sit-ups)
Thurday: Arms (20 minute run, sit-ups)
Friday: chest (20 minute run sit-ups)

Weekend... YARDWORK!!! ...and drink, of course!

DeadOrAlive
01-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Here we go...

Water Polo Season: 15 Miles a day
Swim Season: 10 Miles a day (simply because we can use the pool for so long)
Off season I go to the gym and lift weights. So I'm always doing something.

blonddgirl777
01-13-2006, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Angel
I just started skating again after 15 years being off the ice. 45 minutes every other day. Hurts like hell right now but give me a couple of months and I'll be mastering the triple jumps again! :D

This sounds like a great challenge!...

Good Luck!!! :D

blonddgirl777
01-13-2006, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by BruinJer
Lift 5 days a week

Monday: Arms & Chest ( top it off with a 20 minute run-200 sit-ups, 100 after workout, 100 before bed)
Tuesday : Sholders & Back (20 minute run, Sit-ups)
Wednesday: Legs[squats, quads & calves] (30 minute run sit-ups)
Thurday: Arms (20 minute run, sit-ups)
Friday: chest (20 minute run sit-ups)

Weekend... YARDWORK!!! ...and drink, of course!

Wow...
Some muscles, you are building there?

Thanks for the details!

blonddgirl777
01-13-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Here we go...

Water... the best exercise.
Swimming keeps you trim, if you can eat right...

I used to water ski every summers...
It would be great to do it again!

ashstralia
01-13-2006, 05:17 AM
i gave up swimming, 'cause i saw WAY to many sharks.
and i hate pools.

can't stand running, so i ride my pushy 7 days a week.
that and a bit of light weights does me.

scamper
01-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Wow!!!

Do you live at the beach?
You are lucky to be able to afford all these toys...

I live in the Black Hills so some things are seasonal. My toys are a collection through out the years the only brand new thing I own is a racquetball racquet.

BruinJer
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow...
Some muscles, you are building there?

Thanks for the details!

Thanks!

scamper
01-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Here we go...

impressive

bastardog
01-13-2006, 11:02 AM
5 days of weight training of about 45 minutes a day

Mon: Chest
Tue: Back
Wed: Legs
Thu: Arms (biceps and triceps only)
Sat: Shoulders, traps and forearms

I try the heaviest weight I can on every exercise. My goal is to be a little big but hardrock solid......Is a long term goal so I'm now just trying to gain muscle size.

Take 'Em
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Hockey 2 times a week.
Weights 3 times a week.
Pheasant hunting while chasing my Lab a couple miles once a week.
Jamming in the drummers basement with my amp turned up and drinking beer, any chance I get (Priceless):killer:

BruinJer
01-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
5 days of weight training of about 45 minutes a day

Mon: Chest
Tue: Back
Wed: Legs
Thu: Arms (biceps and triceps only)
Sat: Shoulders, traps and forearms

I try the heaviest weight I can on every exercise. My goal is to be a little big but hardrock solid......Is a long term goal so I'm now just trying to gain muscle size.

Good workout.... I can't seem to lose my belly completely (which is normal for someone 35 & older) but the rest of me is pretty solid. I hope to keep it going as long as possible. After the age of 30, you need to workout to stay young!

bastardog
01-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
Good workout.... I can't seem to lose my belly completely (which is normal for someone 35 & older) but the rest of me is pretty solid. I hope to keep it going as long as possible. After the age of 30, you need to workout to stay young!

I started like a year ago just wanting to loose my belly but eventually when there was no more fat I started to intensify the weight part
Right now I have a little belly again but nothing to worry about and my muscle are growing.....I feel good...as when 21:D

Angel
01-13-2006, 07:08 PM
This sounds like a great challenge!...

Good Luck!!! :D

I'm going to need it! My knee is already yelling at me. Damn, who says getting in shape is good for you. It fucking hurts!

blonddgirl777
01-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Angel
I'm going to need it! My knee is already yelling at me. Damn, who says getting in shape is good for you. It fucking hurts!

Watch out for that... (be VERY careful)! :eek:

Knees are literally irreplacable... :(

BruinJer
01-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Watch out for that... (be VERY careful)! :eek:

Knees are literally irreplacable... :(

Oh dear God, that is SOOOOO true... I played basketball for 10-15 years straight, mostly on asphault, there were days that I couldn't walk (after playing several games). When I started lifting, I made it a point to work out my legs (to take the load off of my knees) and it worked! I can run & jump like I used to but I don't DARE go out onto the court anymore... all it'll take is one time out there and the pain will be back in a big way!

BITEYOASS
01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I've been doing cycling for go knows how long, most of the time to get from point A to point B. That's probably the reason why my lower body is bigger than my upper body. I lift weights on a periodical basis. But it does help to do stretching exercises, especially when I attempted skiing at Big bear in SoCal. I surprised I survived all of those Jackass-like falls, and snowboarding is a hell of a lot easier for me. But that is the last time I go to a ski resort during the weekend; Uptight bitches from LA that won't talk to you, enough people to turn the slopes into a human slalom course and parents failing to discipline there spoiled kids were the overall factor in that decision. I also tried cliff diving at Senators Wash, near the Yuma Proving Ground; and that was my last time, as I belly-flopped from over 25 ft. :D

Anonymous
01-14-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't know if it can be considered 'working out', but I'm currently training jiu-jitsu. Awesome fighting style... NON VIOLENT FIGHTING! Can you believe that? It's all about not letting your opponent do anything while you're searching for an ocasion to either choke him 'till he passes out or getting his arm into a position that can be easily broken if the motherfucker doesn't quit. Easier than it seems, actually.

Of course, if you're a more violent sort, there's also a ton of ways to get to sitting on his chest and start punching the lights out of him while you make him count the punches... :D

Cheers! :bottle:

boy, u stupid
01-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
I don't know if it can be considered 'working out', but I'm currently training jiu-jitsu. Awesome fighting style... NON VIOLENT FIGHTING! Can you believe that? It's all about not letting your opponent do anything while you're searching for an ocasion to either choke him 'till he passes out or getting his arm into a position that can be easily broken if the motherfucker doesn't quit. Easier than it seems, actually.

Of course, if you're a more violent sort, there's also a ton of ways to get to sitting on his chest and start punching the lights out of him while you make him count the punches... :D

Cheers! :bottle:

Correct, it is not considered fighting and is a very good choice for a faggot like yourself. Please leave this discussion for the more masculine and more aggressive. Thank you. T.

Nickdfresh
01-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by boy, u stupid
Correct, it is not considered fighting and is a very good choice for a faggot like yourself. Please leave this discussion for the more masculine and more aggressive. Thank you. T.

Yes JOE, you just want to hear the details of rat-tail-ass-whipping in the showers of the local YMCA, right?

Anonymous
01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Have I given you the permission to address me, Joe?

Cock whore! :wow2:

Mr. Vengeance
01-14-2006, 06:07 PM
I pull my pud vigorously several times a day. Why work out if chicks think you're hideous anyway?

DrMaddVibe
01-14-2006, 10:31 PM
BREASTS

blonddgirl777
01-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I pull my pud vigorously several times a day. Why work out if chicks think you're hideous anyway?

To show that at least, you are "trying"?

sammysucks65
01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
to keep in shape i play for my high schools varsity football and tennis teams

i lift 3 times a week in the summer (offseason) to stay in shape

plus i get to enjoy my favorite sports and stay in shape yeeea!!

football, tennis = the shit

MAX
01-24-2006, 04:26 AM
Water... the best exercise.
Swimming keeps you trim, if you can eat right...

I used to water ski every summers...
It would be great to do it again!

The only problem with swimming (cos I do it everyday) is that the body builds up a layer of fat. Just like seals, polar bears or what have you. 'Tis a natural thing in the body to fight the cold water. I mean I'm lean as can be but that's why I have to tone with lotsa weight reps. Regardless, swimming 'tis the healthiest one can do. Works every muscle, keeps one limber and your cardio 'tis superior. You also burn so many calories, you can seriously eat whatever you want. Again, just swimming alone ain't gonna give you a "tight" and toned body. I'm not into that anyway. I like being healthy and having a "comfy" and trim body and not that of a bodybuilder. I think a little body fat 'tis a good thing. Like you chicks dig Dave. He had it goin but was never a skinny, slinky dink, rubberband, skin to ribs like Edward. He had mass, if that makes any sense?

One other thing I've started doing that was recommended for someone my age was knee dips. Fuck, my knees POPPED the first few times but boy, how it helps my posture and strut. lol. I know a lot of professional football players close to our collective ages do it for leverage. Also, I'm an avid skier and when one skiis powder, you're generally "sitting in a chair" while standing and going down a mountain. That is the posture needed to do it properly.

What you do is just drop like literally into a froggy position, walk a cupla steps forward and then use your leg muscles back upright. No using your arms whatsoever. Then drop all the way down again. The object is to make all of your lower extremities do all of the work. It gives your calves, hamstrings, thighs and butt a massive burn but tightens like no other. It's a stellar way to stretch out or "warm up" so to speak as well. You'll have joints and cartilage a poppin' but flexibility of a kid.

blonddgirl777
01-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by MAX
... One other thing I've started doing that was recommended for someone my age was knee dips....

I'm not quite sure if I understand that movement clearly but let me tell you that over the years, I've had aerobics and body sculpting teachers making us do all sorts of "crazy" things for the lower body...

Some moves where so funny...
Try to imagine a whole class walking in lunges, jumping in squats and all those floor exercises...
Where you literally have to get down on your knees, doggy style (on your elbows):rolleyes: and then you lift your legs in all sorts of ways...
I swear, they had to cover the glass walls that where separating the class from the rest of the gym. 'cause some women complained!

It is important for women to work on their lower bodies but I also like to build my shoulders and arms...

...And the abs... fuck! I haven't hit the gym in a while... :(

Sometimes it gets really old and I just can't stand the routine of "getting there" anymore... :(

blonddgirl777
01-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Went bowling (for the first time) last saturady and my whole body got sored...
I kept on falling on my right knee so now I've got this huge nasty bruise...
Boy, am I getting old?

To cure bruises: ARNICA ointment does miracles...

MAX
01-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm not quite sure if I understand that movement clearly but let me tell you that over the years, I've had aerobics and body sculpting teachers making us do all sorts of "crazy" things for the lower body...

Some moves where so funny...
Try to imagine a whole class walking in lunges, jumping in squats and all those floor exercises...
Where you literally have to get down on your knees, doggy style (on your elbows):rolleyes: and then you lift your legs in all sorts of ways...
I swear, they had to cover the glass walls that where separating the class from the rest of the gym. 'cause some women complained!

It is important for women to work on their lower bodies but I also like to build my shoulders and arms...

...And the abs... fuck! I haven't hit the gym in a while... :(

Sometimes it gets really old and I just can't stand the routine of "getting there" anymore... :(

Yeah, what I'm referring to are like squats but you also walk forward while "down" so to speak.

I wasn't even thinking about the chick aspect. lol :o I was just explaining how stellar they've made my legs, etc feel and look.

Dan
01-24-2006, 08:50 PM
6pack in each hand will do me.lol

I try and keep myself in good shape,I'm a Lean Mean Fighting machine.:)

blonddgirl777
01-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MAX
... I wasn't even thinking about the chick aspect. lol :o I was just explaining how stellar they've made my legs, etc feel and look.

Hhhhmmm... :p ???

audiospectrum
01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
OK, get up early and run/walk/run for around 30mins-1hour, then toast with honey and vegemite. Then yoga for 1 hour a day, with meditation, before a breakfast of vita brits with musili and yoghurt. If I have the day off I will try and work out with 5kg weights sporadically during the day, go for another walk ( I try and walk everywhere) or play tennis. Lunch is usually a salad sandwich or two. For snacks it's almonds, apples, bananas, fruit and veg kinda stuff. After tea I usually spend a good 1,1 and a half hours of moderate weights, working as many muscle groups as I can (ya know, work upper body for 10 mins, switch to legs, then torso etc. just so I can last). Swing the baseball bat as well. I try to do this every day except Thursday (baseball practice) and the day before the game (either friday or saturday). To recover after the game I'll just relax and maybe stretch a bit, and have a half workout the following day.
This is obviously my ideal training, and when things go well I'm usually doing this everyday. But lately it's been too bloody hot for working out, so I've scrapped the weights and have just been bumming around playing tennis. Australian Open is on in Melbourne, it gets ya going!
I don't drink much anymore but when I do, wowza, it's go for broke stuff. And I'll toke after baseball and after training, but I really try not to do it more than that. Balance I guess.
And of course I whack off religiously, or I just go and see my ex-girlfriend when I have a few spare days and we work out together (walking/hiking, swimming, sex)
I could do more though, I'm just a typical lazy Aussie.

blonddgirl777
01-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by audiospectrum
OK, get up early and run/walk/run for around 30mins-1hour, then toast with honey and vegemite. Then yoga for 1 hour a day, with meditation, before a breakfast of vita brits with musili and yoghurt. If I have the day off I will try and work out with 5kg weights sporadically during the day, go for another walk ( I try and walk everywhere) or play tennis. Lunch is usually a salad sandwich or two. For snacks it's almonds, apples, bananas, fruit and veg kinda stuff. After tea I usually spend a good 1,1 and a half hours of moderate weights, working as many muscle groups as I can (ya know, work upper body for 10 mins, switch to legs, then torso etc. just so I can last). Swing the baseball bat as well. I try to do this every day except Thursday (baseball practice) and the day before the game (either friday or saturday). To recover after the game I'll just relax and maybe stretch a bit, and have a half workout the following day.
This is obviously my ideal training, and when things go well I'm usually doing this everyday. But lately it's been too bloody hot for working out, so I've scrapped the weights and have just been bumming around playing tennis. Australian Open is on in Melbourne, it gets ya going!
I don't drink much anymore but when I do, wowza, it's go for broke stuff. And I'll toke after baseball and after training, but I really try not to do it more than that. Balance I guess.
And of course I whack off religiously, or I just go and see my ex-girlfriend when I have a few spare days and we work out together (walking/hiking, swimming, sex)
I could do more though, I'm just a typical lazy Aussie.

Quite an impressive drill!!!
(Are you also a Madonna fan?) L.O.L.

DeadOrAlive
01-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by scamper
impressive

Haha thanks. It's a real bitch when swim first starts because you're not used to being in the pool (Even though It's just a month off.) But yeah I start swim on the first. So that will be good to be back in the pool again.

MAX
01-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Sorry BG but Madonna sucks many things, not just her "music." lol

blonddgirl777
01-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Sorry BG but Madonna sucks many things, not just her "music." lol

Yep, that Madonna gets to suck and fuck whatever she wants... she admitted it!
She also admitted to being a bitch a manipulator and a user at some point in her life.
A bad and mean person...

Nonetheless...
I always admired her for other things; her determination, her power, her dancing talents and eaven the songs that can be a little cheesy at times.

And talk about working out...
THAT, you have to admitt... 2 kids, 47 yrs old... yes she has all the time and help in the worls but still...

To me, Madonna is some kind of an inspiration... (the sucking aside L.O.L.)!

bantonelli
01-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
Yeah then he will take you to the steam room for some after work-out relaxation, Thunder-style.

That's a scarry thought :rolleyes: