PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watch The Shield on FX?

diamondD
01-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Anyone else watch this show. Getting ready to settle down and watch this season's premiere. This show has to be the best cop drama ever. There's never been anybody like Det. Vic Mackey in the history of TV. This show grabs you and doesn't let go.

They keep advertising this season is the beginning of the end. The cop Vic killed that infiltrated his squad is coming back into play this season finally. They kinda made Mackie a "hero" type the last couple of seasons, but the past is gonna catch up.

I haven't been able to find out if this is the final season, and they never say it actually is. Anyone know?

LoungeMachine
01-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Season 1 was killer TV

Don't know why I stopped watching, but it was a great show.

Sopranos with badges.

Matt White
01-11-2006, 12:50 AM
VIC is da man!!!

Haven't seen it much lately...been working too much....

I'll catch up this summer.....

KILLER show

Bluesman
01-11-2006, 12:59 AM
The Shield Rocks! I got the wife into watching the show also! Tonight was like a SuperBowl for us.

Will Lem sell out? Is Vic's ex weak because she chewed the gum? Can the new hottie patrol officer really have a thing for Dutch the dork? Can't wait can't wait.

The Bluesman (Geez my hockey team blow this year)

diamondD
01-11-2006, 08:00 AM
I know. This season has already started off with a bigger bang than the last one. Hard to believe there's only 11 episodes this time around. But it's better than 22 mediocre ones like the others.

distortion9
01-11-2006, 10:24 AM
The show is great, love it. FX really get's it, all of their original shows rock. Dare I say better than HBO, you betcha.

manwiththedogs
01-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by distortion9
FX really get's it, all of their original shows rock. Dare I say better than HBO, you betcha.

Damn right.

amadeus
01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Yea, The Shield is one of the best shows on TV and it is so sad to hear that this will be the last season. I heard it said by Michael Chiklis (Vic) that they wanted to go out on top instead of going out with a whimper which sometimes happens to good shows after they run out of ideas. Now I don't think that would happen to The Shield personally, but I guess they would know more than I do LOL. By the way, anyone ever watch him when he was 'The Commish'???

diamondD
01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Never really got into The Commish. Mainly because I usually avoid network TV shows as far as getting involved in them.

diamondD
01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Sucks this is it. I'd like to see them do some feature movies if possible. Like the X-Files was supposed to do...

hain23x
01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
LOVE The Shield

I'm always waiting for Vic to bitch slap Acaveda!(sp)

Can't wait to see where this IAD storyline goes

I'm still waiting for Dutch to take his cat killing perversion to the next level!

Bill Lumbergh
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
I love this show..........they're running 11 episodes this season, and 10 more next year.........and then it's supposed to end. I wonder when Vic's gonna ball that new Mexican cop..........

diamondD
01-12-2006, 07:37 PM
That's great news that there's more episodes coming next year.

I bet we haven't heard the last of Dutch's cat killing either. I thought he was gonna kill that guy for trying to throw Claudette over the rail.

At least they stopped showing Acevada having to give that guy a bj on every episode recap!

That new Mexican chick is one hot mofo. Glad they got a hot chick on here finally.

Who does everything think the daddy is of the Danny's kid? So far I'm thinking Vic if it's someone we know.

Terry
01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Watched it the first season as well. Liked what I saw.

Still can't get over Chiklis as a badass. Too used to him in the Commish, and as Belushi in that so-bad-it's-good Belushi 'biopic' WIRED.

hain23x
01-13-2006, 07:53 AM
I think Vic is the father of the kid

I don't remember her dating anyone else last season:confused:

but I do remember her and Vic gettin' it on while they were keepin' and eye on Glenn Close:cool:

great to hear there'll be more shows next year.

what happened to the good ole days of a season being 20+ episodes? now every show is 10:mad:

diamondD
01-13-2006, 08:33 AM
What I found last night is that they are shooting 21 episodes with a split in between so Vic can go reprise his role in the Fantastic Four sequel. That's the 11-10 split. A telling sign maybe is that Forrest Whitaker isn't slated for the 2nd half as of now.