PDA

View Full Version : ***Coming Soon*** US Festival 'Old No.7' DVD

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Some of you know that ive been in contact with the dude who sent me the 'Old No.7' audio...the source for that audio is a VHS copy of the master video. I've finally heard from him and he expects to send me the DVD soon...

He sent me a few screen shots, and I compared one of them to the BTB version...it's clear that this will be an upgrade...

I will update this thread with more info.

This will be torrented at www.jamtothis.com when I recieve it.

If you havent already, go sign up over there and figure out how to Bit Torrent...there probably won't be a better audio/video version of the US Festival available for a long time.

screen shot 1: BTB version

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
screen shot 2: New version

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
sharper contrast, brighter colors...

by the way, the pic of the BTB version is a 137 kb jpeg, and the pic of the new version is a 36 kb jpeg...

In other words, the new version is probably MUCH better than the picture is portrays...

thome
01-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Please, I will be in your debt notify me of these happenings.

Thank you..

Alex Mogilny
01-16-2006, 08:38 PM
cool

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2006, 08:44 PM
BTB audio

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2006, 08:45 PM
'Old No.7' audio

SGV
01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Wow...can't wait for this!

sv

Romeo Delight
01-16-2006, 11:19 PM
That is the shit!

Keep us posted. I love my copy, but I can't tweak it any more.

I thought the sound was pretty good, but had to fix the video too much. It didn't make too much difference - too grainy if I try to sharpen it. Like you say the colors were for shit.

Great stuff!

Romeo Delight
01-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I have a three song version of US Festival that the band put together (RWTD, Pretty Woman, YRGM) that has some sync problems with video and audio in some spots. (In my version off Kazaa)

Way too much video editing and I prefer the uncut version. But, I wonder if the quality of this new one you promise will approach the quality of that one video wise?

One thing I noticed is that band had more camera angles to choose from for their 3-song promo (contractually bound to produce it).

Again, way cool

Hardrock69
01-17-2006, 11:08 PM
I only have a heavily generated VHS copy, so somebody pleeze trade me a copy of this. Me can no hava BT.
:D
:cool:

Dave's PA Rental
01-20-2006, 06:51 PM
I got this in the mail today and am watching it right now...

Notes from Matt Fuggi:

"First of all, remember that this tape is over 20 years old and was recorded on a 20 year old VCR at the LP speed. That being said, it still looks pretty damn good. There are a few glitches in the audio and video that I left intact. The story goes that this was recorded by someone in the remote truck who in turn copied it and traded it with my friend Kevin, who was nice enough to loan me his master.* "You Really Got Me" cuts and was filled using the video from the TV broadcast. The audio used for that portion is from the US Festival bootleg and runs past the end of the video portion. The last little blurb from the stage announcer about taking his mother to the Van Halen show is from the next day's stage announcements."

* I thought that Matt Fuggi's buddy was the dude in the truck, but it was his friend's friend...-DPAR

Disc One
1. Romeo Delight
2. Unchained>Drum Solo
3. Full Bug
4. Running With the Devil
5. Jamie’s Cryin’
6. So This Is Love
7. Little Guitars
8. Bass Solo>Dancing In the Streets
9. Somebody Get Me A Doctor>Girl Gone Bad Jam>I’m So Glad>Somebody Get Me A Doctor
10. Dance The Night Away

Disc Two
1. Cathedral>Secrets
2. Everybody Wants Some
3. Ice Cream Man
4. Intruder>Pretty Woman
5. Guitar Solo
6. Ain’t Talkin’ Bout Love
7. Bottoms Up
8. You Really Got Me>Happy Trails>You Really Got Me

Bonus Tracks
Oakland ‘81
Hear About It Later
So This Is Love
Unchained

Promos
Dance the Night Away
You Really Got Me
Intruder> Pretty Woman

Source Information:
Video - Master video (remote truck)>VHS copy>DVD**>DVD Decrypter>Nero 6
Video mode: NTSC
Aspect ratio: 4:3
Quality: Standard play (5073 kbps)
Resolution: 720 x 480 (CCIR-601 D1)
Audio – Master video>VHS>CDR>equalization done at WHCN studios using various equipment>Nero 6
Dolby 2.0 Digital

The Oakland bonus material contains the original video with VH1 upgrades for “So This Is Love” and “Unchained”. The original audio was re-mastered using Nero Wave Editor 6 and used throughout, as the VH1 audio was clearer but heavily compressed and at a low (128) bit rate.

** I asked him if this part of the lineage meant 'VHS Copy>standalone DVD recorder' and he said yes.-DPAR

Notes from Dave's PA Rental: after a preliminary viewing, I can say that this is definately an upgrade in audio and video from the BTB version. It is by no means 'crystal-clear'. It lacks some of the bells and whistles of the BTB version, but it does include an upgrade (as compared to 'Rare Videos: The DLR Years') of two of the three tracks of Oakland '81, taken from a recent VH1 Classic broadcast of 'So This Is Love' and 'Unchained'. It also includes three promo videos that might have been on one of Cato's releases.

One last thing for now: as im watching this, all I can think of is a big 'F-U' to all the haters who say this performance isnt one of their best...

Dave's PA Rental
01-21-2006, 04:23 PM
here it is:

http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=2924

Romeo Delight
01-21-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm all over it!

Nicely done!:rockit:

Hardrock69
01-22-2006, 02:51 AM
I will have to trade someone for this....

Romeo Delight
01-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I will help you, but I really don't need anything in return.

Well, maybe some Zep.

I don't care though, as long as you realize I am not too quick about these things.

thome
01-22-2006, 12:49 PM

69, is it out of line to ask, as you led into, before why you can't torrent?

:confused:

Jérôme Frenchise
01-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks a lot once more, Dave's PA R. ...
I'm not sure I'm able to handle .torrent stuff, but thank you! :D

Damn, the '83 US Festival! I saw parts of it back then on TV, something like 3 CVH songs, I've had the soundtrack on cD for years like most of us, and to think there's a possibility now to get the video with great image and sound quality... :cato2:

Romeo Delight
01-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by thome
69, is it out of line to ask, as you led into, before why you can't torrent?

:confused:

His Mom won't let him;)

thome
01-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
His Mom won't let him;)

Mother Knows best ,Not!:D

Romeo Delight
01-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Hardrock doesn't have access to highspeed in his area.

thome
01-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Hardrock doesn't have access to highspeed in his area.

Last I heard Fornax *9* was the Next Hot Spot Tara Reid was
going for her -Drinking with Tara, TV Show- and she only goes to
trendy up-beat -with all the modern convieniences- Worlds of pleasure and high speed internet .lol

Hardrock69
01-22-2006, 08:00 PM
LMAO!

Yeah I have shitty dialup with no hope of getting broadband before 2007 at the earliest.

I have DSL at work, but cannot have BT or any file-sharing software there.

Hey, I would gladly give up the thought of broadband if I could bend her over a table and fuck the living shit outta her...
:cool:

Hardrock69
01-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Oh and judging by the screen caps above, the BTB version looks clearer, but the colors are not so vivid.

Yes the new version has higher contrast but if you compare the edge of his arm against the black background on each shot, you will see what I mean.

Hardrock69
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
I would want to use the BTB version and increase the color saturation on the video then burn to disc. It would then be the best of both worlds.

Dave's PA Rental
01-22-2006, 08:33 PM
The BTB version is also more pixelated...which suggests to me a few extra VHS generations...

People, its not perfect. It was taken from a tape that was recorded at LP speed 20 years ago. I think that it is an upgrade...I would take brighter colors and less pixelation any day...plus the audio is a huge upgrade...

Romeo Delight
01-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
The BTB version is also more pixelated...which suggests to me a few extra VHS generations...

People, its not perfect. It was taken from a tape that was recorded at LP speed 20 years ago. I think that it is an upgrade...I would take brighter colors and less pixelation any day...plus the audio is a huge upgrade...

30 minutes left and then I'm finished download.

I will check it out and seed.

Like Christmas again!

Romeo Delight
01-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Dave's motherfucking PA!

Nice! Nice liitle gem of extras!

1981 Oakland songs are best quality I have seen.

Didn't have that!!!

Sound is wicked, and video seems a tad better than BTB to my eyes.

Thank You!

Hardrock69
01-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah I am making commentary by looking at a couple of screencaps.

Ya can't hear a screen cap LOL!

Romeo Delight
01-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Yeah I am making commentary by looking at a couple of screencaps.

Ya can't hear a screen cap LOL!

"No torrent for you"

Internet Nazi

Hardrock69
01-23-2006, 02:44 PM
LMAO!

jgdrag
02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
You could of used Limewire and searched Memorial day and there you have it,anyway, enjoy, I have for the last 10 years, look for Largo 82 next and Buenos Aires as well
Oakland is a 3 song set , there was apparently 3 shows taped in Oakland 81, but 2 of the shows were shit and this is what we have left, remastering the remaining tape would cost VH alot of cash and maybe they couldn't recoup the price in sales

Romeo Delight
02-06-2006, 09:56 PM
This is a significant upgrade on the US Festival you have.

jgdrag
02-06-2006, 10:29 PM
This is my 3 version and it keeps getting better

Romeo Delight
02-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Rest assured, this one is the best there is, save for David Lee's copy

jgdrag
02-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh I know, I have it already

Roy Munson
02-10-2006, 03:33 PM
GUys, is it simple to do this torrent thing?

I gotta learn how to do this shit.

Cato, if you're reading this...I still got that 2nd little something coming to you homeboy.

jgdrag
02-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes it is fairly simple but with routers and firewalls opening ports etc. it is not that bad if somebody will help you
there are help pages out there also, plus here just post a question if you have a problem.

Cato
02-14-2006, 08:34 PM
got this yesterday.

image quality - a little better than BTB's. but it looks like it lost something in the process of encoding.
audio quality - very good
menu - really sucks. I'm sure this author has no sense of art.

as for the bonus footage,...some parts looking crushed.

Cato
02-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
GUys, is it simple to do this torrent thing?

I gotta learn how to do this shit.

Cato, if you're reading this...I still got that 2nd little something coming to you homeboy.
PM me about it.

ODShowtime
03-15-2006, 11:39 AM
awesome! This is just what I need. I have been D/Ling nothing but Grateful Dead lately and it's driving me crazy. I need some guitar with some cojones!!!

Hardrock69
03-16-2006, 10:13 AM
LMAO!

ODShowtime
03-19-2006, 11:57 AM
wow that d/L'd quickly. I was getting around 200kbs for awhile. Can't wait to watch this tonight...

Lord of ect...
05-30-2006, 02:17 AM
Wow, Thanks for this.