PDA

View Full Version : A third suspect was arrested in the beating of a homeless man.

NATEDOG001976
01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Updated: 8:45 a.m. ET Jan. 17, 2006
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A third suspect was arrested in the beating of a homeless man, one of three similar beatings last week that left one man dead.

William Ammons, 18, was arrested Monday and charged with aggravated battery causing bodily harm or disability. He was being held at the Broward County jail on $5,000 bond and a hearing was set for Tuesday.

Two other teens, Brian Hooks and Thomas Daugherty, face murder charges in the death of Norris Gaynor, 45, and aggravated battery charges in the beating of Jacques Pierre, 58, police Capt. Michael Gregory said.

The teens are also suspects in the beating of Raymond Perez, 49, authorities said. All three attacks happened early Thursday.

The attack on Pierre on the Fort Lauderdale campus of Florida Atlantic University was videotaped by a surveillance camera and the pictures were broadcast widely.

Ammons was accused of taking part in one of the attacks but not the fatal one, The Miami Herald reported.

On Monday, Circuit Judge Steven P. DeLuca ordered Daugherty, 17, held for 21 days under juvenile detention and ordered a psychological examination. Prosecutors have not yet decided whether to charge Daugherty as a juvenile or an adult.

A hearing for Hooks was delayed until Tuesday. Because he is 18, Hooks is charged as an adult. His attorney, Jeremy Kroll, said the charges against his client “do not appropriately reflect Brian’s responsibility,” which, he said, was “far more limited than has been speculated.”

Information on Daugherty’s attorney was not available on Monday.

Surveillance video images of Pierre being beaten with what appeared to be baseball bats led to tips that helped police track down Hooks and Daugherty, who turned themselves in to police Sunday, police said.

It was not immediately known if Ammons turned himself in voluntarily Monday.

Authorities are investigating whether as many as four suspects were involved in the beatings, Gregory said Sunday.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Lock these fucks up for life, or just do the same to them.

jhale667
01-17-2006, 03:04 PM
I say do the same to them. Couple of months in the hospital would make them think twice....:mad: But then, somebody died....so lock 'em up for good.

Douglas T.
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Gotta wonder.....

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=827796#post827796

jhale667
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Gotta wonder.....

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=827796#post827796

...if they didn't get their asses kicked as kids by their parents? Probably not....:p Or was that more of a 'What's wrong with kids today' thing?

NATEDOG001976
01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
What the hell is wrong with kids today? I just don't remember this kind of stuff happening when I was a kid? I simply knocked over mailboxes and used to get bloody drunk in public parks. See no harm done!

jhale667
01-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Same here, only I wasn't it to destruction of property or anything like that...we just used to get drunk and act stupid...

My theory is, if you got your ass beat by an authority figure in your youth, you:

A) Realize getting beat on sucks
B) Recognize the behavior that GOT your ass kicked, and stop immediately
C) Are probably LESS likely to go commit an act of random violence, or any act that would have potentially negative repercussions

NATEDOG001976
01-17-2006, 04:30 PM
My Parents never beat me, I have gotten punched (who hasn't?) in the face a few time..not cool. I think these kids deserve a beat down. Man, i'm still pissed after seeing that video, seriously..really pissed!

sammysucks65
01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
that video was uncomfortable to watch
those kids just ruined their lives

jhale667
01-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
My Parents never beat me, I have gotten punched (who hasn't?) in the face a few time..not cool. I think these kids deserve a beat down. Man, i'm still pissed after seeing that video, seriously..really pissed!

My parents never BEAT me either...if I acted up, I would get spanked/whipped/smacked whatever, but they never used a closed FIST on me, y'know? I turned out OK. But yeah, after watching that video, you just want to stomp those kids. :mad:

Douglas T.
01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Haven't seen the video? Just captured frames!

jhale667
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Haven't seen the video? Just captured frames!

Dude, it will PISS YOU OFF. Those kids should be repeatedly kicked in the balls...

sammysucks65
01-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Dude, it will PISS YOU OFF. Those kids should be repeatedly kicked in the balls...

and left him there in pain :mad:

jhale667
01-17-2006, 07:09 PM
You know the bit in Jackass where they had the 2nd graders line up and kick Johnny Knoxville in the sack? Same deal, only replace the 2nd graders with NFL place-kickers ;)

BigBadBrian
01-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Bastards!!!!!

Fuckin' little ingrates.

I think their day is comin'.