PDA

View Full Version : What America has accomplished

Steve Savicki
01-19-2006, 04:13 PM
"I've been hearing a lot of talk about what we're up against in the critical 2006 elections as we take on the corrupt, power-abusing, Swift Boat style-attacking Republican Party.

But, truth is, they need to worry about what they're up against.

Just look at what we've done in the last twelve months. Time and again, we've demonstrated that we have the power and political will to fight for the things we value most and for the candidates who embody those values.

This past November, our 3 million citizen volunteers helped spearhead Get Out The Vote efforts in critical Democratic victories across the nation ... And since the end of 2004, together we gave $4.5 million to Democratic candidates, committees, state parties, and progressive causes.

We mobilized to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from the Bush-Cheney drill-at-any-cost onslaught... And we garnered endorsements from over 700,000 citizens, from every state in the nation, for our Kids First Act to provide health care for the 11 million uninsured children.

Our national lawyers' network helped ensure that the voting problems of 2000 and 2004 were not repeated in 2005, and it is poised to do it again in 2006.

You also helped me travel around the country to rally citizens, engage grassroots volunteers, and help raise funds on behalf of Democrats.

In Pennsylvania, we've helped Bob Casey wage a strong Senate campaign that has incumbent Rick Santorum on his heels. Long a poster boy for mindless support of Bush policies and the right-wing agenda, Santorum is now scrambling to convince Pennsylvania voters otherwise.

In Washington state, we've stood by Senator Maria Cantwell. She joined me in leading the fight to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - and now powerful oil company special interests are coming after her with everything they've got.

In Florida, we're helping Senator Bill Nelson, who is running for re-election against Katherine Harris. As you know, Harris made a name for herself by playing a leading role in the 2000 Florida voting fiasco, and we will not allow her to parlay her partisanship into a seat in the Senate.

And that's just a small sampling of the dozens of candidates who have come to count on us to be there for them. Together in 2006, we're going to do even more to help pull through to victory Democrats running at the local, state, and federal levels.

We'll defeat candidates who refuse to challenge the Bush/Cheney administration's illegal, warrantless spying ... We'll replace Republicans who have refused to lift a finger to end the Bush administration's mind-numbing incompetence... We'll end the careers of Republican politicians who have cozied up to unethical lobbyists and sold out the American people.

And, we'll be there, each and every day, to make sure no Democrat stands alone in the face of the Republicans' desperate, underhanded election tactics and facts-be-damned campaign ads.

Thanks for all you've done to help Democratic candidates set the stage for victory. And stay tuned for the next steps in our work together.

Sincerely,

John Kerry"

Can America accomplish as much this year as last year?

McCarrens
01-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Who the hell is John Kerry?

Big Train
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
and what has he done. In the 25 years he was my representative, I don't know, was hoping one of these helpful articles could tell me.

Hardrock69
01-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Can't deny what he has to say about Chimpy though...

Big Train
01-20-2006, 01:25 AM
All I see is his list of things he "mobilized" against, which means next to nothing to me. It's like saying how many times he got his ass kicked to get back up and get his ass kicked again.

How bout some wins coach? Maybe then I could take him seriously.

DrMaddVibe
01-20-2006, 06:37 AM
JOhnKErry left off America's largest accomplishment.

Leaving his "holier than thou" ass in the senate.

When will people from Massachusetts learn?

FORD
01-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
JOhnKErry left off America's largest accomplishment.

Leaving his "holier than thou" ass in the senate.

When will people from Massachusetts learn?

That was Diebold's largest accomplishment. "America" had nothing to do with it.

As far as your opposition to anyone from Massachussettes being President, you DO know that Chimpy was born in Massachussettes, don't you?

Warham
01-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Being born somewhere and living there are two separate things.

My three year old daughter was born in Mass, but she as hell isn't going to be a liberal like those nuts that live down there.

Cathedral
01-20-2006, 04:28 PM
In all honesty Warham, there is no telling how our kids will lean politically when they grow up.
The odds are that kids will lean to the left simply because of the culture in the public school systems.
Kids today are influenced to accept anything and everything, the line between right and wrong, proper and improper have been so distorted that if we don't control what our children are exposed to, someone else will and i guarentee we won't like it.

We can only guide them, trying to program them turns them away and they rebell. At 3 they want to be like Dad, at 13 they want to be individuals, lol.

Warham
01-20-2006, 05:03 PM
As Darth Vader would say...

"Noooooooooooooooooooo!"

Don't tell me that, Cath.

She'll probably have a social studies teacher like FORD.

jhale667
01-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Warham

My three year old daughter was born in Mass, but she as hell isn't going to be a liberal like those nuts that live down there.

Your daughter is going to rebel against everything you stand for, if for no other reason than to piss you off. That's what they do. :p

My neice is now 21, and turned into a little fricking Busheep...it's OK, I'm gonna strangle her next time I visit...:D

DrMaddVibe
01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That was Diebold's largest accomplishment. "America" had nothing to do with it.

As far as your opposition to anyone from Massachussettes being President, you DO know that Chimpy was born in Massachussettes, don't you?

You moron.

I was referring to the dumbasses that keep voting in JOhnKErry and Ted "I'm okay to drive home" Kennedy.

You can take your Diebold myths and shove them up your liberal ass!