PDA

View Full Version : Actor Chris Penn dead

Matt White
01-25-2006, 01:31 AM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Character actor Chris Penn, younger brother of Oscar-winner Sean Penn, was found dead on Tuesday at an apartment near the Pacific Ocean in the Los Angeles suburb of Santa Monica, police sources said.

No cause of death was immediately determined but there was no signs of foul play, the sources added.

A family spokeswoman confirmed the death and said the Penn family "would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time."

Penn, 43, was a character actor who appeared in dozens of films including "Reservoir Dogs," "Mullholland Falls" and the 2004 film "Starsky & Hutch."

In one of his best known roles, he played baby-faced criminal Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in director Quentin Tarantino's "Reservoir Dogs." He also starred along with his brother in the 1986 film "At Close Range."

Recently, Penn voiced Officer Eddie Pulaski in the video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

RIP

redblkwht
01-25-2006, 01:41 AM
cant forget Corky Romano..lol

or better yet, movies like
the wild life footloose & rush hour, all the right moves as
well with tom cruise was a
great flick.

redblkwht
01-25-2006, 01:41 AM
his pic link in msn makes him
really look like a boozer..

Flash Bastard
01-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Boo-fucking-hoo.

Fuck the Penn family, especially Sean.

1 down, 1 to go.

Matt White
01-25-2006, 01:58 AM
He was GRATE in Reservoir Dogs........

Brett
01-25-2006, 02:18 AM
$50 it was his weight, a heart attack, and drugs.

FORD
01-25-2006, 02:55 AM
Good bye, Sherriff Dullard :(

donanger1
01-25-2006, 02:56 AM
When I found out I was bummed man. Eddie Van Halen scored the music to the movie "The Wild Life." Penn did a fine job in that movie as a muscle headed high school boozehound. What a drag.

fuckhowardstern
01-25-2006, 06:01 AM
NO FUCKING WAY! I always enjoyed his characters.

Dirty Duck
01-25-2006, 09:19 AM
I saw chris in a film not too long ago...i forget the name. He looked horrible. He must have gained about 100 pounds. He looked about 250. What a shame...I loved him in DOGS and TRUE ROMANCE.

R I P chris....

diamondsgirl
01-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Last time I saw him, I guess it was in Starskey and Hutch, I was shocked at his weight gain...I barely recognized him.

When someone does that to themselves, its suicide, IMO.

what a shame.. :(

LoungeMachine
01-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Boo-fucking-hoo.

Fuck the Penn family, especially Sean.

1 down, 1 to go.

Another right winger gleeful over someone's death.

typical

:rolleyes:

1 down 1 to go? Forgetting Michael Penn?

fryingdutchman
01-25-2006, 10:17 AM
It's ashame about Chris Penn.

I actually dig some of Michael Penn's stuff.

His latest offering is a bit too acoustic for my tastes, but his CD's "March" and "Days Without a Lost Time Accident" have some good shit on them.

And Sean...whatever his shortcomings may be, is a pretty damn good actor.

Barring of course "I Am Sam" where he played a retard. It was an obvious attempt at whoring an Oscar.

jslav06
01-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Barring of course "I Am Sam" where he played a retard. It was an obvious attempt at whoring an Oscar.

I liked I am Sam.

Hardrock69
01-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I saw Chris in the movie "To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar" (I think I have the title right).

He played a homophobic sherriff's deputy.

FORD
01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I saw Chris in the movie "To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar" (I think I have the title right).

He played a homophobic sherriff's deputy.

Yep, Sherrif Dullard.

Funny movie, despite the horror of Patrick Swayze in drag.

Dirty Duck
01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Last time I saw him, I guess it was in Starskey and Hutch, I was shocked at his weight gain...I barely recognized him.

When someone does that to themselves, its suicide, IMO.

what a shame.. :( [/QUOte

That was it!!! Starsky and hutch!!! I knew I saw him in a recent movie!
Thanks DG. Hope all is well!

diamondsgirl
01-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck

That was it!!! Starsky and hutch!!! I knew I saw him in a recent movie!
Thanks DG. Hope all is well!

all is well, thanks :)

Terry
01-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Chris Penn was a purty good character actor, no doubt.

His bro Sean is a dinkus offscreen at times, but that man can ACT! Probably the best in the generation of famous actors his age, and the bunch of pretty boys that followed just fuckin' pale in comparison - talkin' shite movie stars like Pitt, Affleck, Damon, Walker, Bloom and all the rest of today's faggy pretty boy wanna-be thespians (although Pitt does have potential, squandered as it may be, and the same goes for Tobey Maguire. Ed Norton is the only one in that age bracket I've seen display any real talent)

Yeah, I'd have to guess it was C Penn's weight as well. Shit, look at that dude in Pale Rider, then sheck him out 5 years later...fuckin' baLOONed, or what?

Kinda hope it WAS a death resulting from too many double quarter pounders with cheese and bolivian chit chat flakes. Least then he wouldn't have went out like a 90 year old senile bitch wearing adult diapers in some cold, impersonal hospital bed. FUCK THAT SHIT.

Got news for all you health fanatics: we're ALL gonna die sooner or later. Think about it and sleep tight!

Flash Bastard
01-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Another right winger gleeful over someone's death.

typical

:rolleyes:

1 down 1 to go? Forgetting Michael Penn?

I honestly have no recollection of making that post.

Goddamn cheap whiskey.

My apologies for a dumb drunken hateful remark.

Alcohol is bad, very bad MMMKAYYYY?

Nitro Express
01-26-2006, 04:31 AM
I lost my brother a month ago. Same type deal. He was found dead in his living room. I don't care who you are, losing a loved one is hard.

Cathedral
01-26-2006, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I lost my brother a month ago. Same type deal. He was found dead in his living room. I don't care who you are, losing a loved one is hard.

My deepest heartfelt sympathies to you and your family, Nitro.

I have two older brothers and i can't even imagine having to deal with losing either of them. my thought's and prayers are with you.

I first saw Chris Penn in a movie called, The Wild Life. And i wasn't impressed at all. the only reason i even watched the film was because the entire soundtrack of the movie was done by Edward Van Halen.
~~(You know you can actually here Ed turn from Edward Van Halen into Edward Van Hagar within the body of that film?)~~~

Anyway, His acting was way over the fence in Wild Life and to the critic was Chris trying to copy his brothers character in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" which was released two years earlier, funny part is that there were few similarities in the two characters.
Spicoli was a stoner, Drake was a Jock, if anything they could have been brothers but, "Oh well", both Penn's have earned my respect professionally, but Chris is my favorite of the Penn's for one reason...Reservior Dogs....what a film.

I also loved him in Starsky and Hutch, that's the last film i saw him in actually and he's got two in Post-Production now that will be coming out this summer.

My condolences to the Penn family. :(

diamondsgirl
01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Sorry about your loss, Nitro. :(

Matt White
01-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

Sorry to here about your Brother Nitro......

My deepest sympathies to you & your family....................

ANY death before senility is tragic......................................

You have to experience it to truly understand................................