PDA

View Full Version : Chimpy is trying to bully other countries again...our ALLIES this time...

Hardrock69
01-26-2006, 01:08 AM
By Daniel Dombey in Brussels, Roula Khalaf in Tehran and Arkady Ostrovsky in Moscow
Published: January 25 2006 19:06 | Last updated: January 26 2006 02:39

Iran nuclearWashington on Wednesday raised the stakes in the confrontation over Iran when it warned India that Delhi’s own nuclear deal with the US could be ditched if the Indian government did not vote to refer Tehran to the United Nations Security Council.

The US’s tough new move came amid increasing signs that Iran’s efforts to delay referral to New York may be gaining ground. On Wednesday, Kofi Annan, United Nations secretary-general, expressed doubts that the UN’s nuclear watchdog would be able to take such a step next week, as the US and the European Union intend. Meanwhile, Russia and Iran emphasised their “fast-growing” ties with each other.

In comments reported by the Press Trust of India news agency, David Mulford, US ambassador to India, said that if India decided not to vote against Iran, the US-India deal on nuclear energy co-operation would “die”. He added: “The effect on members of the US Congress with regard to the civil nuclear initiative will be devastating.”

The US State Department later clarified the ambassador’s remarks, saying he was expressing his analysis of how Congress might react to Indian opposition. Asked for the official US position, he said Washington hoped India would vote in favour of referral as it had done before.

At the last vote at the International Atomic Energy Agency in September, India caused a domestic uproar when it supported a softer resolution against Iran just months after reaching its landmark deal with the US. On Wednesday, India said it “categorically” rejected any link between its own deal, intended to alleviate its chronic energy shortage, and the vote on Iran.

Mr Annan indicated it would be difficult to refer Iran to the Security Council next week, since a wide-ranging IAEA report on Iran’s recent behaviour would be ready only for the following meeting, in early March. “I am not sure that they will be ready to refer [Iran] to the Security Council if the official report of the board has not been released,” he told Reuters.

John Bolton, US ambassador to the UN, responded to Mr Annan’s intervention by saying it was up to the governments to decide, not the secretary-general.

Meanwhile, the joint Russian-Iranian statement that followed a Moscow visit by Ali Larijani, Tehran’s chief nuclear negotiator, indicates that Russia’s position may, if anything, be hardening against swift referral to the Security Council.

The current phase in the dispute is set to climax at the February 2-3 meeting of the 35-country board of the IAEA in Vienna. Foreign ministers from the US, Russia, China and the EU will meet at the margins of a conference in London next week.

Soon afterwards, the EU and the US have to decide whether they will insist on a speedy referral to the UN, as has been their plan since Iran announced its intention to restart nuclear enrichment – the process that can produce nuclear weapons material. They know if they delay again, after having previously scaled back plans for a referral in September and November, it could be seen as a sign of weakness.

But they also know that there are likely to be four votes against them on the IAEA board – Venezuela, Cuba, Syria and Belarus – and that there is more scope for winning over waverers, if, as Mr Annan suggests, they delay a definitive UN referral to a meeting in March.

Already, a draft EU declaration, scheduled for next week, speaks of Europe’s desire to “involve the Security Council” rather than pushing for a Security Council resolution straight away.

On Wednesday, a western diplomat in Vienna suggested “some kind of possible Security Council involvement” could take the form of the UN body issuing a statement that it was “watching and waiting for the results of [Mohamed] ElBaradei’s March 6 report”.

A delay would allow more time for Iranian-Russian negotiations, the main international attempt to broker a deal, and for Mr ElBaradei, IAEA director-general, to report on whether Iran has increased co-operation.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/2fc17d6c-8dd4-11da-8fda-0000779e2340.html

skoolsout
01-26-2006, 01:38 AM
US credibility has been reduced to nil in the last few years.I dont think any country takes our opinion seriously.They just roll their eyes.Why should they this govt makes up absurd allegations on the fly and engages in horrible/wreckless conduct.

BigBadBrian
01-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Before you're so damn sympathetic to India, just look at the jobs they are trying to take away from US workers. Bitch about the Bush Administration, and Congress, for this if anything. Other than that, I say to hell with India....I couldn't care less. :mad:

http://www.indiawebdevelopers.com/services/FTE.asp

http://www.india-2000.itgo.com/

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Before you're so damn sympathetic to India, just look at the jobs they are trying to take away from US workers. Bitch about the Bush Administration, and Congress, for this if anything. Other than that, I say to hell with India....I couldn't care less. :mad:

http://www.indiawebdevelopers.com/services/FTE.asp

http://www.india-2000.itgo.com/

Whose fault is that? Bush fiddles away because he's on the corporate take...

Interesting how companies still enjoy huge tax breaks when they're moving off shore...

BigBadBrian
01-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Whose fault is that? Bush fiddles away because he's on the corporate take...

Interesting how companies still enjoy huge tax breaks when they're moving off shore...

READ my post again, Nick. Slowly. Maybe you will comprehend it this time. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
READ my post again, Nick. Slowly. Maybe you will comprehend it this time. :rolleyes:

Actually BigBadBrianne, all I really saw was "fuck India," 'it's all their fault'...

So we're supposed to blame them for the fact that US companies are free to export jobs without any sort of penalty (even when often times it really doesn't save 'em money in the long run), so we should twist their arm, alienating them, to do what we want? Brilliant Brie! Bitch to BUSH? Congress? HA! More like, "Open your pocket book bitch, or we don't hear you."

scamper
01-26-2006, 11:03 AM

So we're supposed to blame them for the fact that US companies are free to export jobs without any sort of penalty

The government can't (and shouldn't) penalize companies for outsourcing, the key is to offer incentives (tax cuts) for not doing it.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by scamper
The government can't (and shouldn't) penalize companies for outsourcing, the key is to offer incentives (tax cuts) for not doing it.

Except for the fact that often times, companies have already received significant tax-cuts in recent times...

And I think companies should lose their "American" designation, and face tax penalties: If the maintain a HQ here yet outsource jobs elsewhere --or if they relocate their headquarters to off-shore Caribbean countries to avoid US taxes, while receiving the majority of their revenue here.

But back on topic, I was just wondering aloud why we should blame INDIA for taking the jobs we essentially give them? Furthermore, I was wondering why we would alienate them over Iran...

scamper
01-26-2006, 11:18 AM

And I think companies should lose their "American" designation, and face tax penalties: If the maintain a HQ here yet outsource jobs elsewhere --or if they relocate their headquarters to off-shore Caribbean countries to avoid US taxes, while receiving the majority of their revenue here.

ditto

thome
01-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Except for the fact that often times, companies have already received significant tax-cuts in recent times...

But back on topic, I was just wondering aloud why we should blame INDIA for taking the jobs we essentially give them? Furthermore, I was wondering why we would alienate them over Iran...

generally the Shoe Sais, -NIKE- made in --China- Nick, is that not plain enough ?

The whole world should have the ability to compete for jobs, contracts,
To the Best go the Jobs.

And PS . what are we talking about that gets outsourced The noses
on.............. BOBBLE HEADS. get off it.!...I'm gittin pissy!!!!!!!

Once again makeing something out of nothing and Blameing America.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by thome
generally the Shoe Sais, -NIKE- made in --China- Nick, is that not plain enough ?

The whole world should have the ability to compete for jobs, contracts,
To the Best go the Jobs.

And PS . what are we talking about that gets outsourced The noses
on.............. BOBBLE HEADS. get off it.!...I'm gittin pissy!!!!!!!

Once again makeing something out of nothing and Blameing America.

I'm not blaming "America" you retard, AMERICA is the victim! I'm blaming the stooges who run it, owned by corporate interests & elected by uninformed, barely literate fuck stumps with their heads firmly implanted in their ass, and that only know how to respond to the simplest of mind-numbing buzzwords like "terra-alerts, fear, liberals, etc."...

CHINA makes everything because trailer bumpkins like you turned Wal-Mart into a retail giant that dictated to American companies that they needed to outsource their production to CHINA, to keep prices down, while they increasingly shat on their work force. All this despite record profits...

Meanwhile, the Pentagon is spending billion$ to upgrade for the Chinese threat (while largely leaving Iraq on a back-burner), but my question is, what will be left to defend in 10 or 20 years?

thome
01-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Nick i think your generalizing, making a mountain out of a mole hill, as they say.

Dude, i have no soothsayer knowledge but if your really thirty five you
have led a sheltered life .

Life is out of our hands all you can do is maintain, if possible the area
around yourself, if you become president your only King of the \world
for Four to eight years then your once again another fukkin dowel-rod tryin to get by.

The Sun will rise tomorrow, the only thing I can say is america
the US is the best of the best and every other country in the world, like every other person in the world is working with us or against us.

I want a strong republican bust your MF ASS foreign policy and president!

Always !!!!!always!!!!! every fukkin day!!!!! for ever!!!!!!

And local Government should have a Democratic peace loving soft
handed approach.For the people By the People equal Rites and Justice.
for all.

I want to Stop any MF who is dominating the downtrodden or Infirmed
or Mind fukking people thru Ignorance of the outside world with lies in order to proliferate their sick agenda .

It's a simple plan and all I know. Black or White and the grey are is
where i would like everyone know the fighting is about.

Someone is WRONG and all these politicals do is mix you up with the grey area Never solving the Issue .Its how they stay in power.

Bush is attempting to DO SOMETHING!!!and I like it.

Take a real hard look at Ted Kennedy and you will see the truth
in prolonging issues for the reason of "as long as I never solve a
issue, i will always have my Ego to Feed!"

bobgnote
01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by skoolsout
US credibility has been reduced to nil in the last few years. I dont think any country takes our opinion seriously.They just roll their eyes.Why should they this govt makes up absurd allegations on the fly and engages in horrible/wreckless conduct.

We will suffer severe attacks by 2008, the 126th year since the 1882 invasion of Palestine by Euro-Zionists, awaiting the conquest of Palestine and the Ottoman Turks who formerly governed this, so they could start the war we suffer, today.

Problem is with the Chimpster, he is like a lousy MONKEY the Chinese know how to eventually capture and employ as a coconut chaser. He has his paws BOTH caught in virtual monkey-traps, like the coconuts used by Pacific islanders, hollow and filled with rice or another bait, left in a holed coconut, so the opening is just large enough for a monkey to put his hand in, but if he closes his fist on the rice, he is gammoned by his own greed, until the trapper takes him away.

In this way, GW is playing against himself and us, as he sacks us with cop-expenses incurred in bad faith, as he KNOWS he started all the trouble by allowing and encouraging enactment of the illegal, inflationary power deals of 2000-1, which bottom line AND deadline US military aid to Israel AND US finances at large!

So we cannot afford EITHER the illegal power deals OR aid to Israel, which belongs NOWHERE, after it USED to be in the West Bank area ONLY, until 126 AD, when the Romans renamed it Syria-Palestina, since the Judeans revolted in 66 and 126, and that is where YOUR beliefs in afterlife come from, if you are Judeo-Christian. The Judeans wanted revolt, so they spread bogard about afterlife.

GW is like a triple-threat dritter, a SQUID underwater, a MONKEY with his paws caught, so now he's knocking other critters around with his ill-gathered coconut boxing gloves which will take his paws off in time, and like a FLYING PIG (actually, SON of FLYING PIG), in the air.

Too much fuel, too much FOOL, Son of Flying Pig will die, like his dad.

And the attacks he incited will say to the candy-asses who refused to do the MATH or get the concept of peace, 'M or W?'

That will be the likely pattern of terror strikes, on the US mainland. Usama spoke of a book ROGUE STATE, which describes the situation, where the US is actually commanded by an RICO, which expects to as a seditious conspiracy, unlawfully de-base the US with unlawful BRAC hearings and undermine all funding infrastructure for UNLAWFUL PROFITS, so as to make a taking at real estate.

And his jerk Sam Alito is in contempt of Congress and court, in his home state of Pennsylvania. One filing of contempt, and he should get a license restriction AND be out of the running for geek of the decade, having punked by telling the Senate he'd surely recuse in a Vanguard Mutual case, then he SAT on it, 2002, after he steadily accumulated $390K worth, OVER YEARS. All those idiots are in some kind of contempt of process, and GW will get us NBC'd, poisoned, nuked, all messed up, for his lousy conquests and his lying covers.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
The two previous posts brought to you by Red Balls: Crack in a Can!

"A-humuna-humuna-HUMUNA!!!

http://wizbangblog.com/images/2005/chappelle_drugie.jpg

BigBadBrian
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM

CHINA makes everything because trailer bumpkins like you turned Wal-Mart into a retail giant that dictated to American companies that they needed to outsource their production to CHINA, to keep prices down, while they increasingly shat on their work force. All this despite record profits...

Nick, this is my point entirely.

I don't like what is happening with all the outsourcing of jobs and goods. I do blame Bush, Congress, and even the previous two Administrations, and even American corporations. It's a bi-partisan issue and it needs to be FIXED MUCHO PRONTO. Look what is happening to the auto industry.

As for Wal-mart, I don't like their politics. Don't blame the consumers, however. As the saying goes: The customer is never wrong. The American Consumer NEVER dictated to Wal-mart where to do it's sourcing for goods. You can't blame the American public for trying to get a good deal on some of the necessities of life. I wouldn't buy a lot of crap in Walmart because it is just that....crap. But you sure as hell can get a good deal in there on socks, underwear, CD's, and DVD's. :D

WACF
01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by scamper

You are right on the last part of that...why don't they do it?

One the first part though I think in some cases their should be a penalty.

Some companies create "Free Trade Zones" in these countries.
For a sum they buy a chunk of land and build their factory.
Once there they don't pay very well and are exempt from laws meant to protect workers rights and health.
Things like being exposed to toxic dyes or dust particles.
Some countries cut up old tankers...exposing workers and the enviroment to toxic elements.
When someone dies on the job they are replaced...no fines, no jail time for creating a dangerous work place.

For this I think companies involved should be fined.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Shit, no tax incentives would equal what the employer saves in labor by out sourcing the work.
Look, our leaders have sold us out and it began with Poppy Bush and his NAFTA bullshit.
There is no fucking way they will do anything to keep jobs here at home and they don't give a flying fuck who it hurts outside of their own personal circles.

However, on the auto industry issue, I do blame the consumer completely for not buying from american companies.
I also blame american auto makers for not being more competitive in the quality of the products they do make.

For that, i blame the Unions and there shitty work ethics.
Say what you want but i know from personal experience that union members are for the most part, lazy.
Their attitude is that they will absolutely not do anything they don't have to do and when they do something it is with an arrogance that almost dares an employer to fire them, but they can't because of that union card.

Not all union members are like that, but a majority are, and they have contributed to their own unemployment problems.

I always go above and beyond the call of duty in any job i've held, it's the quickest way i have found to climb the ladder to the big bucks.

It's not the Unions that are bad, it's some of the members who do their best to do the least they can do and still get paid.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah, I have two really good friends that work at the Batavia Ford plant, and guess what?
They just lost their jobs due to more out sourcing, and this shit has got to stop.

They were told flat out that the tranny production was going over seas, and just last year when 30,000 Ford employees were discarded they were told they would never close that plant.

Anyone who thinks they have job security better wake the fuck up. Job Security is a myth these days.
Bush contradicts himself when he talks about people owning their own homes...how in the fuck can we afford them without good jobs?

Nothing makes any sense anymore...

WACF
01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
As a union member I would like to take offense to that...but I can't.

To a degree you are right on the money.
Some people set their pace with the slowest moving guy...it just kills ya to work with people like that.

But, I can tell you...I would not want to be in my mining industry without a union.

Seshmeister
01-27-2006, 01:16 PM

I don't like what is happening with all the outsourcing of jobs and goods. I do blame Bush, Congress, and even the previous two Administrations, and even American corporations. It's a bi-partisan issue and it needs to be FIXED MUCHO PRONTO. Look what is happening to the auto industry.

It's called capitalism and just like China trying to somehow hold off the inevitable the same is happening to the US protectionism.

Your auto industry is in trouble because they make crap cars expensively.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by WACF
As a union member I would like to take offense to that...but I can't.

To a degree you are right on the money.
Some people set their pace with the slowest moving guy...it just kills ya to work with people like that.

But, I can tell you...I would not want to be in my mining industry without a union.

Man, Unions aren't bad, they protect the worker, and that i agree with.
But like you said, the slowest guy sets the pace and that is just wrong.

My point is that i have met more with shitty, do nothing attitudes than i have that actually had pride in their work.

Hey, my work represents me, so it's going to be done right the first time and in a timely manner.

scamper
01-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Your auto industry is in trouble because they make crap cars

bullshit

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 01:43 PM
It's called capitalism and just like China trying to somehow hold off the inevitable the same is happening to the US protectionism.

Crap cars my ass, I've owned one lemon in my life and it was a Camry i inherited.
As a matter of fact, when i drove a wrecker i picked up more foreign cars than american cars off the side of the road.

But there is no denying that quality was an issue for many years.

The auto industry is in trouble because people have been conditioned to think that foreign cars are more reliable, and that is simply not true.

diamondD
01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I drove my last Dodge (2000 model) almost 200k miles in 3 years and the only thing I had to do to it was change the battery and a headlight and clean my K/N air filter. Best car I've ever owned. I'm not getting caught up in that higher insurance, higher replacement part foreign car crap.

Seshmeister
01-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Look at something like the new Corvette.

Stone age suspension and cheap plastic interior and that's meant to be aimed as a top of the range car.

BigBadBrian
01-27-2006, 03:56 PM

Not true, at least for the most part.

That's the impression, though.

The American Auto industry, on the whole, makes a good product. It does, however, have a reputation problem to live down.

That's why in any industry brand reputation is one of the most important commodities. Once you lose it, it's damned hard to get back.

:gulp:

FORD
01-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
I drove my last Dodge (2000 model) almost 200k miles in 3 years and the only thing I had to do to it was change the battery and a headlight and clean my K/N air filter. Best car I've ever owned. I'm not getting caught up in that higher insurance, higher replacement part foreign car crap.

Apparently, you never owned any Chrysler products from the 1980's :(

No doubt they have improved in recent years......after the Germans bought them out ;)

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD

No doubt they have improved in recent years......after the Germans bought them out ;)

Even I won't defend an automobile built in the 80's.
I had an 87 Chrysler Lebaron with all the digital dash shit and it developed a serious wiring problem that set the car on fire a couple of times.
By the time i gave up trying to fix it the bottom of the dash was a huge glob of melted plastic.
And the car had an awful burned electronics stink to it too.

I junked it.

But actually Ford, Chrysler was on a roll before Diamler joined in.
At first i was against the whole Diamler/Chrysler deal but they came out of the stall with some kick ass designs and pretty much WOW'd me.
It's Diamler that green lighted the Challenger, it's Chrysler that has a hearing problem with their consumers. just take a look at the new Charger.

By the way, the grapevine has it that the Charger is getting re-styled for 08 or 09.
The LX platform the cars are currently built on is being re-designed to an LY platform.
Some very mean muscle is going to come from this.

AND, this is my favorite nugget...The Cuda' IS coming back under the Chrysler badge if the Challenger does well, and it will.

diamondD
01-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Sweet. I wanted to get a Charger, but I never buy the first year model after a redesign. I'll probably hold out until the '08 if that's the case.

diamondD
01-28-2006, 12:02 AM

We're not talking about the '80s. We're talking about now. Catch up and post relevant. I'm not buying 80's models.

Cathedral
01-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Staying away from the Charger right now is probably a good idea.
I picked up an Auto Trader today to find a total of 4 Charger's for sale, all with the 5.7 Hemi's, and all for less than $25,000.

They are $35,000 cars, so the low low price on them is very suspect.

I do recommend the 03 Magnum though, the service records for them since 03 is pretty amazing for a totally new ride.

Plus, if you wait you will be able to get the Charger with a stick once they switch to the LY platform.

It's worth waiting a little bit i think.

Nickdfresh
01-28-2006, 08:01 AM

As for Wal-mart, I don't like their politics. Don't blame the consumers, however. As the saying goes: The customer is never wrong. The American Consumer NEVER dictated to Wal-mart where to do it's sourcing for goods. You can't blame the American public for trying to get a good deal on some of the necessities of life. I wouldn't buy a lot of crap in Walmart because it is just that....crap. But you sure as hell can get a good deal in there on socks, underwear, CD's, and DVD's. :D

I'm as guilty as anyone at buying shit from Wal-Mart, but I do try to buy American made products (i.e. motor oil is still refined here)...

One thing I hate about Wal-Cunt is that they really don't have the best prices, especially on the big stuff like electronics. It's largely a lie, the truth is that you won't really save a hell of a lot because there's a lot of the classic bait and switch that goes on there. I like TARGET personally though I realize they're not perfect either. But they do treat they're workers a lot better though...

I actually worked for TARGET, for about five minutes about ten years ago.:D I got a better job, but still got a decent little paycheck for beer money for going to an orientation.

Nickdfresh
01-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Actually, American cars are more reliable than those made in Europe these days. I wouldn't touch a Volkswagen these days...

But the Japanese (save Mitsubishi, which is shit, and NISSAN which is mixed at best), still kick our asses in over all reliability and resale value...

Nickdfresh
01-28-2006, 08:21 AM

Not true either. My father has an old late-80's Chrysler he drives as a beater, since he doesn't drive much. That little K-Car frame is laughable and crude on the one-hand, yet the four-banger is very, very durable once you get the bugs and ticks fixed...

Chrysler's biggest problem was Mitsubishi, which has a very questionable record and may go under. And Mercedes is another overrated white elephant, despite a huge reputation as a status symbol, they've made a lot of crappy cars with severe quality control issues. BMW is a little better, but I know a lot of people that have had issues with a Beamer only a few years old...

I bought a 90's Pontiac with the 3800-engine in it as a winter-"beater" to get me through 'til spring, since it has 167,000 miles on it. But I'm shocked to find that the car runs flawlessly as a champ and gets decent mileage, save the waterpump I had to replace. In fact, I may keep it for a while if I decide I wanna' fix it up...

BigBadBrian
01-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm as guilty as anyone at buying shit from Wal-Mart, but I do try to buy American made products (i.e. motor oil is still refined here)...

One thing I hate about Wal-Cunt is that they really don't have the best prices, especially on the big stuff like electronics. It's largely a lie, the truth is that you won't really save a hell of a lot because there's a lot of the classic bait and switch that goes on there. I like TARGET personally though I realize they're not perfect either. But they do treat they're workers a lot better though...

I actually worked for TARGET, for about five minutes about ten years ago.:D I got a better job, but still got a decent little paycheck for beer money for going to an orientation.

Agreed.

Target is my big-box store of choice.

Much cleaner store and the prices aren't too much higher than Wally World overall.

You're also right about electronics. I was looking for a new digital camera awhile back and Wal-mart isn't any cheaper than anyone else.

:gulp: