PDA

View Full Version : Bush News Conference..?

thome
01-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Did anyone watch it the Live conference just ended.

Topics of discussion ranged from The abramhoff issues to the War on Terror to New Orleans .To the coming 2006 elections.

I thought Bush was well spoken concise and to the point, he seemed
honest and in charge and unwavering in his pursuit of the protection
of the american people within the constitution and legal parameters
set forth in the justice system.

Any comments...welcome..?

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah. He says it, so it makes it so...

jhale667
01-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Were you watching the same conference I was? Chimpy was flustered, confused and yet still managed to attempt condescension...amazing. On a couple of points he cotradicted himself, and when the press called him on it his response was "We're havin' a discussion here!"

DR CHIP
01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
The reality is that Bush feels he is right....that is why is passionate about what he does...fortunately we live in a country where we can all disagree....

The NSA thingy will die out eventually, there is NOTHING there....sorry lefties....

jhale667
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
The reality is that Bush feels he is right...

It's known as being 'delusional'. ;)

thome
01-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Were you watching the same conference I was? Chimpy was flustered, confused and yet still managed to attempt condescension...amazing. On a couple of points he cotradicted himself, and when the press called him on it his response was "We're havin' a discussion here!"

I would be flustered at the fourth time I was aked the Same question in a 10 min period ,What were you watching you make a statement like that and give no reason. if you payed attention you would -Know Why- he was flustered and would never have posted your statement.

No high School BS !!!!

Don't be a Drone !!!

scamper
01-26-2006, 12:29 PM
The power of the mind, two people watching the same thing but seeing two different things.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 12:34 PM
The reality is that Bush feels he is right....that is why is passionate about what he does...fortunately we live in a country where we can all disagree....

The NSA thingy will die out eventually, there is NOTHING there....sorry lefties....

'The road to hell is paved with good intentions...'
BUSH is being a good ROVIAN BITCH-puppet© and doing what he's told to do by a bunch of insular clowns...

Talk to me after Congress holds hearings on the "legality" of spying on Americans. In fact polls have shown the opposite, Americans are increasingly wary of information collection. If the NSA tracking of Americans was indeed "focused" and "narrow," then why not just get a FISA Court warrant?

jhale667
01-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by thome

No high School BS !!!!

Don't be a Drone !!!

You first!!! :D

jhale667
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Speaking of High School BS...that's what it reminded me of (and I was getting ready for work, thome, so sorry if I couldn't pay rapt attention to bust you with some actual quotes ;) )...debate class, when one person (in this case Chimpy) showed up unprepared!

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 01:12 PM
How would crome dome THOME know about "high school BS?" Didn't he drop out after sixth-grade?

FORD
01-26-2006, 01:41 PM

Bush feels he's right, so that excuses every crime he commits?

I imagine Hitler "felt" he was right as well. Osama Bin Laden, by all reliable accounts, certainly feels that he is right in his opposition to the "Great Satan".

So as long as a fucking treasonous criminal "feels" that he's right, we should excuse him taking a shit on the constitution?

jhale667
01-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I imagine Hitler "felt" he was right as well. Osama Bin Laden, by all reliable accounts, certainly feels that he is right in his opposition to the "Great Satan".

So as long as a fucking treasonous criminal "feels" that he's right, we should excuse him taking a shit on the constitution?

Gee, can't really argue with that one! :rolleyes:

thome
01-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
How would crome dome THOME know about "high school BS?" Didn't he drop out after sixth-grade? I GOT NO NEED FUR NO LERNIN I DONE EJACULATED THE FIFTH GRADE YOU IGN......Ig Ignor Ignora m o.....Ignorrrr a mm... Dum Head!!!

thome
01-26-2006, 08:11 PM
BUSH is being a good ROVIAN BITCH-puppet© and doing what he's told to do by a bunch of insular clowns...

Talk to me after Congress holds hearings on the "legality" of spying on Americans. In fact polls have shown the opposite, Americans are increasingly wary of information collection. If the NSA tracking of Americans was indeed "focused" and "narrow," then why not just get a FISA Court warrant?

Dude,,,,,,,," They", "The Them", you know----- "THE ONES".

Have been listening since the phone was invented........listening......................lis tening for..... Bad Words ..Bad Ideas........ Bad ..............things..............

Everything is recorded then sifted for key words and as of late the last
20 yrs key words that form Ideas and If your not a terrorist you have
little to worry about, septin for your filthy lil mouth .

Yes Daves Tape YFLM is listened to by ME....and I don't care if "The Them" are listening to me while i listen to......Dave.......ooooeeewwwwooooooo spooky huh?

Cops, Runnin' Radar, when will it END!!!!!!.?

Cathedral
01-26-2006, 08:24 PM
I don't get it, he didn't answer the questions with his lengthy replies.
In my opinion a direct question should get a direct answer.

I had a hard time understanding what the hell he was saying through most of it.
I liken it to a deer caught in headlights, he just seemed to freeze here and there.

Who's idea was that sperm of the moment press conference?
He wasn't really prepared for it.

thome
01-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I don't get it, he didn't answer the questions with his lengthy replies.
In my opinion a direct question should get a direct answer.

I had a hard time understanding what the hell he was saying through most of it.
I liken it to a deer caught in headlights, he just seemed to freeze here and there.

Who's idea was that sperm of the moment press conference?
He wasn't really prepared for it.
Cat,
I think,Bush called it, and i may be wrong, it was in response to the Monstrosity that
is palestine and their vote for more belligerent leadership.Even tho
that subject was hardly discussed by the press.

He answered the Q on the phone thing -We Will listen to incoming and out going calls from the US- I saw him say it three diff times to three diff reporters.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
[B]Dude,,,,,,,," They", "The Them", you know----- "THE ONES".

Have been listening since the phone was invented........listening......................lis tening for..... Bad Words ..Bad Ideas........ Bad ..............things..............

Only for non-US citizens, or only if they had a warrant...

Cathedral
01-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Cat,
I think,Bush called it, and i may be wrong, it was in response to the Monstrosity that
is palestine and their vote for more belligerent leadership.Even tho
that subject was hardly discussed by the press.

He answered the Q on the phone thing -We Will listen to incoming and out going calls from the US- I saw him say it three diff times to three diff reporters.

Ok, fine, but what's to stop them from going further?
I'll tell you what would have stopped them, following the existing law and going about it under that framework.

Bush said that THAT wouldn't have worked and then the question was, Why?...He didn't answer that one.
Personally, I want to know the particulars for why it wouldn't have worked. being told simply that it wouldn't is not enough for me.

My point is that under the cloak of secrecy, we don't really know what the fuck they're listening to and never will.

I heard him say what you quoted 3 times too, I also saw him swear to uphold the Constitution and then do things that suggest otherwise.
I don't trust the man anymore, I question his true motives and i want direct answers.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2006, 09:36 PM

honest and in charge and unwavering

Get off the Crack you fucking ignorant HICK

:rolleyes:

Well spoken? I guess from the viewpoint of the laundry room at Mobile Acres, you would think he's "well spoken" :rolleyes:

Honest?

Unwavering?????????????????

Fucking SHEEP. Ignorant, brain DEAD sheep.

God, Clem, you HAVE to be the dumbest, most gullible moron to ever log on.

Seriously.

Time for another beer run, aint it?

LoungeMachine
01-26-2006, 09:38 PM

payed attention

Don't be a Drone !!!

A mind is a terrible thing to waste :rolleyes:

Get that GED, Clem... You CAN do it. :rolleyes:

IQ below room temperature? so what.

Prove your sister/girlfriend wrong......

LoungeMachine
01-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Dude,,,,,,,," They", "The Them", you know----- "THE ONES".

Yes Daves Tape YFLM is listened to by ME....and I don't care if "The Them" are listening to me while i listen to......Dave.......ooooeeewwwwooooooo spooky huh?

Cops, Runnin' Radar, when will it END!!!!!!.?

Serious question for you, Clem.

ready?

Do you still play the banjo? Or was Deliverence a one-time thing?

Warham
01-26-2006, 09:58 PM

By Sher Zieve – A Rasmussen poll, published on Wednesday, showed that the great majority of the public agrees with President Bush. Of those polled, 64% believe that the National Security Agency should be allowed to eavesdrop on potential terrorists.

The Rasmussen poll results further showed that the 64% also believe that the NSA should be able to conduct surveillance (including wiretaps) between people in foreign countries and those living in the US. 23% of those polled did not agree.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005/NSA.htm

blueturk
01-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Did anyone watch it the Live conference just ended.

Topics of discussion ranged from The abramhoff issues to the War on Terror to New Orleans .To the coming 2006 elections.

honest and in charge and unwavering in his pursuit of the protection
of the american people within the constitution and legal parameters
set forth in the justice system.

Any comments...welcome..?

In the tradition of 4moreyears, we have another Britney...

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens".

Britney Spears, September 3, 2003

DR CHIP
01-26-2006, 10:16 PM

And Ford time has proven that Bin Laden and Hitler ARE problems....time will also tell on Bush......it will be interesting, it may even surprise you!

LoungeMachine
01-26-2006, 11:18 PM
I. Did not. Have. Sexual relations with that man. Mr. Abramoff.

- GWBush press conference. 01/27/06

How many ways could he not answer the simple question " Why won't you release photos of you and Jack Abramoff"

Isn't it CONVENIENT for this Administration, that EVERY time they're cornered with a question that makes their ass crack sweat, they can simply pull out the "there's a "serious" ongoing INVESTIGATION ongoing, and I'm just not gonna comment"

This "pREsident" is a smug, smirking, lying, corrupt, ignorant baffoon that can barely string a sentence together.

I swaer to GOD I can't for the life of me see how you Cons can proudly get behind this chump.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2006, 11:28 PM

I thought Bush was well spoken concise and to the point,

Really?

Go to the transcript, and cut-n-paste one single answer you considered "well spoken, concise, and to the point"

Not a snippet of an answer. I mean an entire answer to a single question.

This should be good. ;)

skoolsout
01-27-2006, 01:28 AM
gw has never seemed to have anything on or in his mind...he seems clueless,disinterested or off topic...bizarre guy for pres.

Nickdfresh
01-27-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Warham
By Sher Zieve – A Rasmussen poll, published on Wednesday, showed that the great majority of the public agrees with President Bush. Of those polled, 64% believe that the National Security Agency should be allowed to eavesdrop on potential terrorists.

Really? No shit? The NSA should be allowed to eavesdrop on terrorists? Get the fook outta' heeya.' (sorry)

Actually, substitute the word "American Citizen" for "Terrorist," and then let's see that poll.;)

In a related poll, 99% of people said criminals should be tried, convicted and put in prison or executed, while 97% said that innocent people shouldn't be tried, convicted and especially executed...

The Rasmussen poll results further showed that the 64% also believe that the NSA should be able to conduct surveillance (including wiretaps) between people in foreign countries and those living in the US. 23% of those polled did not agree.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005/NSA.htm

Well, here's another stilted poll for ya'...

Zogby Poll: Americans Support Impeaching Bush for Wiretapping
By Bob Fertik
Created 2006-01-13 23:34

For Release: January 16, 2006

By a margin of 52% to 43%, Americans want Congress to consider impeaching President Bush if he wiretapped American citizens without a judge's approval, according to a new poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org, a grassroots coalition that supports a Congressional investigation of President Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

The poll was conducted by Zogby International, the highly-regarded non-partisan polling company. The poll interviewed 1,216 U.S. adults from January 9-12.

The poll found that 52% agreed with the statement:

"If President Bush wiretapped American citizens without the approval of a judge, do you agree or disagree that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment."

43% disagreed, and 6% said they didn't know or declined to answer. The poll has a +/- 2.9% margin of error.

"The American people are not buying Bush's outrageous claim that he has the power to wiretap American citizens without a warrant. Americans believe terrorism can be fought without turning our own government into Big Brother," said AfterDowningStreet.org co-founder Bob Fertik.

Recently White House spokesman Scott McClellan cited a Rasmussen poll that found 64% believe the NSA "should be allowed to intercept telephone conversations between terrorism suspects." Of course, that is exactly what Congress authorized when it created the FISA courts to issue special expedited secret warrants for terrorism suspects. But Bush defied the FISA law and authorized warrantless wiretaps of Americans, which has outraged Americans to the point that a majority believe Congress should consider Bush's impeachment.

"Bush admits he ordered illegal warantless wiretapping, but says it began in response to 9/11 and was limited to a small number of calls to or from Al Qaeda," Fertik said. "But recent reports suggest wiretapping affected a much larger number of Americans, and a report in Friday's Truthout says the wiretapping began before 9/11."

"The upcoming Senate hearings on White House wiretapping could be as dramatic as the Watergate hearings in 1973. A majority of Americans have already believe Congress should look into grounds for impeachment, yet we have only seen the tip of the iceberg in the Corporate Media. If Bush ordered warrantless wiretapping long before the terrorist attack on 9/11, then Americans will realize that George Bush came into office determined to shred the Constitution and take away our rights," Fertik said.

Impeachment Supported by Majorities of Many Groups

Responses to the Zogby poll varied by political party affiliation: 66% of Democrats favored impeachment, as did 59% of Independents, and even 23% of Republicans. By ideology, impeachment was supported by Progressives (90%), Libertarians (71%), Liberals (65%), and Moderates (58%), but not by Conservatives (33%) or Very Conservatives (28%).

Responses also varied by age, sex, race, and religion. 74% of those 18-29 favored impeachment, 47% of those 31-49, 49% of those 50-64, and 40% of those over 65. 55% of women favored impeachment, compared to 49% of men. Among African Americans, 75% favored impeachment, as did 56% of Hispanics and 47% of whites. Majorities of Catholics, Jews, and Others favored impeachment, while 44% of Protestants and 38% of Born Again Christians did so.

Majorities favored impeachment in every region: the East (54%), South (53%) and West (52%), and Central states (50%). In large cities, 56% support impeachment; in small cities, 58%; in suburbs, 46%; in rural areas, 46%.

But, but, but.......

Support for Clinton Impeachment Was Much Lower;)

In August and September of 1998, 16 major polls asked about impeaching President Clinton (http://democrats.com/clinton-impeachment-polls). Only 36% supported hearings to consider impeachment, and only 26% supported actual impeachment and removal. Even so, the impeachment debate dominated the news for months, and the Republican Congress impeached Clinton despite overwhelming public opposition.

Passion for Impeachment is Major Unreported Story

The strong support for impeachment found in this poll is especially surprising because the views of impeachment supporters are entirely absent from the broadcast and print media, and can only be found on the Internet and in street protests. The lack of coverage of impeachment support is due in part to the fact that not a single Democrat in Congress has called for impeachment, despite considerable grassroots activism by groups like Democrats.com (http://democrats.com/impeach).

The passion of impeachment supporters is directly responsible for the four polls commissioned by After Downing Street. After the Zogby poll in June, activists led by Democrats.com urged all of the major polling organizations to include an impeachment question in their upcoming polls. But none of the polling organizations were willing to do so for free, so on September 30, AfterDowningStreet.org posted a request for donations to fund paid polls (http://afterdowningstreet.org/polling). People responded with small donations (on average $27) which quickly added up to over $10,000. After Downing Street has spent a portion of that money on the Ipsos Poll and the two Zogby Polls.

Footnotes:

1. AfterDowningStreet.org is a rapidly growing coalition of veterans' groups, peace groups, and political activist groups that was created on May 26, 2005, following the publication of the Downing Street Memo in London's Sunday Times on May 1. The coalition is urging Congress to begin a formal investigation into whether President Bush committed impeachable offenses in connection with the Iraq war.

2. The Ipsos Public Affairs poll and the new Zogby poll results cited above refer to surveys of U.S. adults. The June 2005 Zogby results are from a survey of likely voters. The new Zogby poll produced results for both adults and likely voters:
1/06 Zogby: Adults and Likely Voters
11/05 Zogby: Adults and Likely Voters.
10/05 Ipsos: Adults and definitions of regions.
6/05 Zogby: Likely Voters.

3. The original impeachment question was written by Zogby for their own poll in June 2005. (We tried to persuade them to repeat their question in their regular polls, but they refused - so we had to pay them to do it.) Subsequent questions, including this one, were written jointly by AfterDowningStreet.org and the pollsters. Obviously there are many ways to word polling questions, and wording has an effect on the results. (Joseph Cannon takes issue with the IF-THEN formulation.) The range of possible questions can be seen in the 1998 polls on impeaching President Clinton. That is why, in July 2005, we began asking the Corporate Media pollsters to conduct their own polls, using their own wording. We also support the efforts of MyDD's Chris Bowers to conduct an in-depth poll on impeachment, which should be completed soon. Personally, I think it's a waste of time to quibble over individual words in a poll for any number of reasons. The most important conclusions to draw from our poll are:

1. Polls like the Pew poll and the Pentagon Post poll that purport to show that Americans approve of Bush's admittedly illegal wiretapping are far from conclusive - if not downright wrong - if they fail to make clear that the wiretapping was illegal. (If you don't think it was illegal, then you haven't read any of the in-depth legal analyses, including former CIA general counsel Jeffrey Smith and the non-partisan Congressional Research Service.) If I had more time, I would dissect the wording of the other polls to prove that the flaws in their wording are far greater than the flaws in our Zogby poll. See TomPaine's Conor Clark.
2. As our series of polls has shown, a solid majority of Americans think Congress should consider impeaching Bush for one reason or another. I don't think we've even measured the full extent of impeachment support; I would love to run a poll that asked about all of the possible reasons - including Iraq, torture, Plamegate, New Orleans, the deficit, and global warming - but we don't have enough money. I hope Chris Bowers will cast a wide net on these questions.
3. Since the wiretapping scandal broke in December, the number of Congressional leaders and commentators - both Democrats and Republicans - who are discussing impeachment has increased exponentially. This of course demolishes the excuse given by Gallup's Frank Newport (and seconded by the PentaPost's Richard Morin) last September: "We will certainly ask Americans about their views on impeaching George W. Bush if, and when, there is some discussion of that possibility by congressional leaders, and/or if commentators begin discussing it in the news media. That has not happened to date." It's time for the progressive blogosphere to join us in demanding impeachment polls by the Corporate Media.
4. All of the heavily-hyped polls alleging Bush got a "bounce" after the Iraq elections were just White House propaganda. The 47% approval rating in the ABC/WP poll in December at the height of the "purple finger" media orgasm was a momentary sugar high; the polls that followed registered 41%, 43%, 40%, 38%, 41%, 43%, and 42%. These new polls are in the exact same range as all of the polls that followed Hurrican Katrina.
5. If the upcoming hearings on the NSA wiretapping are conducted seriously (which is highly unlike with Arlen Specter in charge), they are certain to expose all of the White House excuses as just more lies. There could even be some dramatic and devastating testimony from whistleblowers like Russell Tice. These revelations will probably drive Bush's approval ratings down even further, and produce comparable increases in support for impeachment. Any thoughtful assessment of polling must recognize that polls change as facts and events change - and the facts and events of the next few weeks are certain to hurt Bush.

Link (http://www.democrats.com/bush-impeachment-poll-2)

My poll is bigger than your poll...:)

Warham
01-27-2006, 07:15 AM
But you know what guys...

Bush isn't going to be impeached like your hero, Clinton, was. I know, I know, it's tough to swallow, but you'll live with it. :)

LoungeMachine
01-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Bush isn't going to be impeached...

My how Warhamster has lowered the bar now.

Your guy is a moron, ham.

A lying, corrupt moron.

thome
01-27-2006, 10:20 AM
MMMMmmmmm,He said stilted pole......

Reminds me of that chick in Detroit....MMmmmm. She said she like the way my pole stilted, mmmAhhh Good Timesssssssssssssss..YES!

Sugar .............Then, There I was....

Bush, Rules !!!!!

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

A lying, corrupt moron.

And your party has so much more integrity, right?
I swear man, i don't know which is worse, being a Busheep or being a Demsheep.
Both are a challenge and require a certain level of shit eating.

The difference in the two parties is like the difference in a Ford and Mercury...though a Crown Victoria isn't as nice as the Grand Marquise, they are the same fucking car.

Same goes for Repub's and Dem's, the differences are all cosmetic, broham.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 10:56 AM

A lying, corrupt moron.

By the way, hows proving he's everything you say going?
Doesn't it bother you that you have played judge and jury without giving him the due process that is granted everyone under the Constitution?

Unless you can get some action going against him on the crimes you claim he's guilty of, it's just slander.
Why is it slander?
Because you are taking things that haven't been proven or disproven in a court of law and running off saying he's guilty of them all and it has an effect on his reputation.

I'm not defending Bush, I'm just tired of all the empty bullshit posted here that is taken as fact when the man hasn't had his day in court.

Don't tell me you care about the Constitution when you so openly engage in stripping his right's from him in much the same way you accuse him of doing.
Would you like to be tried and convicted in the public court without due process?

Hell no you wouldn't, so do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

If Bush is a crook, get him the fuck out of the White House.
Or will we just have to hear the same old shit for another 3 years?

I judge people by their actions, and so far all anyone has to offer is a bunch of talk.

You want Bush impeached?
Then get on with it for cryin out loud, i'm tired of the conspiracies based on fiction and hatred.

Nickdfresh
01-27-2006, 11:20 AM
But you know what guys...

Bush isn't going to be impeached like your hero, Clinton, was. I know, I know, it's tough to swallow, but you'll live with it. :)

Well, we don't know that...

But...

Do we want him impeached? It's a very distracting nationally traumatic process, impeachment should only be used as a last resort. But he definitely should be censured and marginalized. Well, he is being marginalized already.:)

He should have his little paws slapped...

I any case, an Independent Council should be investigating him...

Nickdfresh
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM

Reminds me of that chick in Detroit....MMmmmm. She said she like the way my pole stilted, mmmAhhh Good Timesssssssssssssss..YES!

Bush, Rules !!!!!

Thanks for adding the 3rd grade angle to the conversation. You can go back to "My little Pet Goat" now...

LoungeMachine
01-27-2006, 11:29 AM
And your party has so much more integrity, right?
I swear man, i don't know which is worse, being a Busheep or being a Demsheep.

You know what Cath? I'd like you to point to ONE SINGLE post of mine that shows Im a "Demsheep"

You can't. I hate most Dems as well, but guess what

THEY'RE NOT IN CONTROL OF THE WH AND CONGRESS

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-27-2006, 11:33 AM

Or will we just have to hear the same old shit for another 3 years?

Count on it. :cool:

And before W gets his day in court, he wants to make sure his friends are there first to judge him.

Harriet Mieirs ringing any bells, Catheter??????

Yeah, she was qualified for the Supreme Court :rolleyes:

Back on tiopic of the thread.........CAN YOU POST A SINGLE COHERENT ANSWER HE GAVE AT THE "PRESS CONFERENCE"

LoungeMachine
01-27-2006, 11:34 AM

Bush, Rules !!!!!

You are simply the dumbest fuckstump on these boards.

And that's saying something.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 01:19 PM
You know what Cath? I'd like you to point to ONE SINGLE post of mine that shows Im a "Demsheep"

You can't. I hate most Dems as well, but guess what

THEY'RE NOT IN CONTROL OF THE WH AND CONGRESS

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sure i can, just look at every post you back Ford up on.
No, your not exactly what i meant by the term Demsheep, you have some level of sanity left.

But wasn't it the voters that gave the Republicans the control of the WH and Congress?
Liberal's just aren't in tune with America and every election shows that.
They lost their seats on their own and until they learn how to reach the people again every election is going to be the same until there are no Lib's left in office.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Count on it. :cool:

And before W gets his day in court, he wants to make sure his friends are there first to judge him.

Harriet Mieirs ringing any bells, Catheter??????

Yeah, she was qualified for the Supreme Court :rolleyes:

Back on tiopic of the thread.........CAN YOU POST A SINGLE COHERENT ANSWER HE GAVE AT THE "PRESS CONFERENCE"

I have a post in this thread that explains my view on that joke of a press conference.

I think i said something to the tune of, he didn't answer the questions with his lengthy replies.
And i certainly got no answers from it other than him saying, We don't spy on domestic calls, or some shit like that.

Nothing i'd consider an answer to what was actually asked.

I'm not defending Bush, Lounge, I am into defending the Constitution at this point. that in my opinion is what really matters, upholding that document as more than just a piece of paper.

diamondD
01-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Just curious Lounge, if you hate most Dems as well, can you give an example of it?

If I was a strictly Dem voter too, I'd be furious with my party's leadership. If Howard Dean is the best they can put out there, they are truly a rudderless ship.

LoungeMachine
01-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Just curious Lounge, if you hate most Dems as well, can you give an example of it?

If I was a strictly Dem voter too, I'd be furious with my party's leadership. If Howard Dean is the best they can put out there, they are truly a rudderless ship.

I've got issues with most of the DLC. They've let me/us down in many ways.

Just when you think one of 'em may sac up, they drive straight to the center.

And It's well documented I don't worship at the Dean Alter like FORD, but he's a helluva lot better than most on the other side of the aisle.

Doubt that answered any of your questions, but maybe it did ;)

McCain / Hagel in 2008, with a Democrat Led Congress :cool:

LoungeMachine
01-27-2006, 02:26 PM
BTW, wasn't it the REPUKES that used to be for smaller government, out of our lives, reduced spending, etc etc etc

Where'd those guys go?

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 02:52 PM
BTW, wasn't it the REPUKES that used to be for smaller government, out of our lives, reduced spending, etc etc etc

Where'd those guys go?

One of us is right here, lol.
Now your getting to the core of my dilemma.

Warham
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM

And It's well documented I don't worship at the Dean Alter like FORD, but he's a helluva lot better than most on the other side of the aisle.

This comment right here marginalizes you from ever being taken seriously here.

Yeeeaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!

Warham
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM

Where'd those guys go?

No, the Republicans wanted to make the Democrats happy, which isn't the way to run the country.

FORD
01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Howard Dean is the ONLY leader the Democratic party has at the moment. The DLC zombies and AIPAC shills couldn't lead their way out of a wet paper bag.

Clearly I'm no "Demsheep" either.

Warham
01-27-2006, 03:40 PM
But you'd never vote for a Republican in an election, so you really are a Demsheep when the cards are being played.

thome
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
You are simply the dumbest fuckstump on these boards.

And that's saying something.

I'm cool with that but as you've been told again and again
Get your damn hand out of your pants, you'll rub that thing off!

Bush answered all questions put to him up to the point of
revealing strategies of his office, if he let them go, you'd Bitch
that he talks to much.

The problem here and at all news conferences as 30 yrs back the
Reporters think their running the world and ask stupid questions.

Many of wich are purposefully written to badger the person and
give the appearance that he' is hiding something and don't dare
tell me otherwise .
---------------------------------------
Bush Uses Humor to Deflect the Heat

By NEDRA PICKLER( i got a pickle fur yu to )
----------------------------------------

Dubya Deflects Tough Questions Expertly
-----------------------------------------

Here is a prime example; The questions are answered by the reporter
not Bush go reread the clap trap in the Front ,90% of wich is constructed
to sway OP instead of reporting on the Situations Bush must deal with.

FORD
01-27-2006, 04:34 PM
But you'd never vote for a Republican in an election, so you really are a Demsheep when the cards are being played.

I voted for McCain in the 2000 primary. I wouldn't vote for him now though, because he's kissed far too much BCE ass.

Would I vote for a non-fascist Republican over a fascist enabling DLC fake Democrat?

You bet your ass I would.

Of course there aren't many such Republicans left, so the odds of that happening aren't too great.

Nickdfresh
01-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Doesn't FORD do this by "denouncing" the DNC all the time? So how is FORD a "Demsheep?"

Warham
01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
FORD denounces the DNC, sure, but who's the chairman of the DNC?

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Doesn't FORD do this by "denouncing" the DNC all the time? So how is FORD a "Demsheep?"

Ok, Ok, let's play the semantics part then, lol.

Ford is NOT a Demsheep...he's a Deansheep, lmmfao.

That's not an insult either, he's proud to be a Deaner Beaner.

diamondD
01-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Where did I call FORD a Demsheep?

diamondD
01-27-2006, 06:20 PM
But by his own definition, he is a sheep to every conspiracy theory that he can try to pin on his BSCE.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Where did I call FORD a Demsheep?

It wasn't you, it was me, i'm ruffling feathers here today, lol.

Someone tell Loungemachine that i still love him. I think he got a little pissed at me earlier.

FORD
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM
FORD denounces the DNC, sure, but who's the chairman of the DNC?

I denounce the DLC which is a private corporation made up of Republican infiltrators trying to destroy the Democratic party from within. It has nothing to do with the DNC.

Though the DNC's previous chairman, Terry McUseless was clearly an operative of the DLC.

The DNC, due to it's previous mis-administration, is still in recovery, but thanks to Dr. Dean it has come a long way in the last year. Despite corporate media lies to the contrary, Dr. Dean set fundraising records for an off-year, and he did so without pandering to corporations - which is something that most of us, Democrat, Republican, or otherwise, claim to want from our parties.

Dr. Dean has also restored local control to all of the state Democratic parties instead of the centralized control demanded by the DLC types. This is important because it allows the state parties to tailor their own platforms to the issues facing their states. What is true for New York city is not always true for rural Minnesota or vice versa, so why not let those things be determined by those who know the state?

Dr. Dean has done a great job, but he's not finished. This party's got a long way to go, and the cancer of the DLC must be eliminated.

FORD
01-27-2006, 06:53 PM
But by his own definition, he is a sheep to every conspiracy theory that he can try to pin on his BSCE.

Absolutely wrong.

I don't believe any theory without examining the evidence for it thoroughly.

I have done massive research into the crimes of the BCE over the last several years and most of what I've said about them is either concrete fact, or in some cases such as BCE involvement in the JFK assassination, a logical deduction, based on the facts available. In some cases, there may be more than one theory that logically holds up. Usually that's why they remain "theories".

As for 9-11, there are very few proven facts in the case. The official story is just that, a story. Most things that people assume to be facts are that just because of the popular acceptance of the theory, and nothing more. And again, these things shall remain "theories", since most of the evidence was willfully and prematurely destroyed.

Which in itself only spawns more theories.

ODShowtime
01-27-2006, 08:31 PM
This comment right here marginalizes you from ever being taken seriously here.

Yeeeaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!

No, you guys take that WAY too seriously. gw says dumber things than that yell every god damn day. :rolleyes:

diamondD
01-27-2006, 11:56 PM
I denounce the DLC which is a private corporation made up of Republican infiltrators trying to destroy the Democratic party from within. It has nothing to do with the DNC.

Though the DNC's previous chairman, Terry McUseless was clearly an operative of the DLC.

The DNC, due to it's previous mis-administration, is still in recovery, but thanks to Dr. Dean it has come a long way in the last year. Despite corporate media lies to the contrary, Dr. Dean set fundraising records for an off-year, and he did so without pandering to corporations - which is something that most of us, Democrat, Republican, or otherwise, claim to want from our parties.

Dr. Dean has also restored local control to all of the state Democratic parties instead of the centralized control demanded by the DLC types. This is important because it allows the state parties to tailor their own platforms to the issues facing their states. What is true for New York city is not always true for rural Minnesota or vice versa, so why not let those things be determined by those who know the state?

Dr. Dean has done a great job, but he's not finished. This party's got a long way to go, and the cancer of the DLC must be eliminated.

That settles it. I'm convinced you are a BCE operative on a mission to destroy the Democratic party from within. It's obvious as hell.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Okay, now that's funny.

Cathedral
01-30-2006, 01:11 PM
One more thing on this:

If i hear Bush say, "I need to remind the people", just one more time i'll explode.

I don't need to be reminded of a fuckin thing, i got eyes and i grew up on a farm so i know bullshit when i see it.
Let ME remind Bush of something....YOU work for ME, Bud, and you ain't cuttin the mustard, so don't tread on me, cuz.