01-27-2006, 06:32 AM
CHANGING OF THE GUARD
Kerry: Reject Alito 'cause Coulter likes him
Senator invokes columnist's name in debate, brands her 'inflammatory'
Posted: January 27, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Ann Coulter
Defending his opposition to Judge Samuel Alito, Democratic Sen. John Kerry invoked the name of Ann Coulter, contending the popular WND columnist's support of the nomination is a good reason not to vote for it.

Speaking from the Senate floor during debate, Kerry charged President Bush "made this nomination about his political base," seeking an "ideological shift in the Court."

"If you need proof, just look at the response of Ann Coulter," the senator said Wednesday, according to a transcript on his website. "Ms. Coulter is as inflammatory and as conservative as anyone in the country. She makes her living through character assassination. She denounced the nomination of John Roberts."

Kerry continued:

[Coulter] attacked the nomination of Harriet Miers, calling her completely unqualified and lamenting that President Bush had 'thrown away a Supreme Court seat.' Yet she celebrated the nomination of Samuel Alito, stating that Bush gave Democrats 'a right-hook' with this 'stunningly qualified' nominee. This from a woman who said that Republicans need to nominate a person who 'wake[s] up every morning . . . chortling about how much his latest opinion will tick off the left.'

Kerry then referred to support for Alito from Judge Robert Bork, whose nomination by President Reagan to the Supreme Court in 1987 was blocked by Democrats, and commentator and former presidential candidate Patrick Buchanan.

"They say you can tell a lot by somebody's friends," Kerry said. "These three individuals are on the furthest side of the ideological spectrum. Their positions rarely advance the interests of average working folk in America. So perhaps it should come as no surprise that these folks have jumped to support Judge Alito."

Never one to pull punches, Coulter, trained as a lawyer, is praised by supporters as a provocative, witty and incisive writer with a dead-on appraisal of liberalism and the Democratic Party.

In a Nov. 2 column after Bush announced his selection to replace retiring Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, Coulter quipped, "There is no question about Alito's qualifications. Democrats can only oppose him for his record, which will alarm a narrow segment of lunatics commonly known as 'the Democratic Party base.'"

Kerry reportedly is trying to mobilize support for a filibuster to block the nomination.

The Massachusetts senator is making phone calls to Senate colleagues to prevent Republicans from getting the 60 votes they need to overcome a filibuster attempt, reports CNN.

Kerry opened his remarks Wednesday asserting Bush has "nominated a man who consistently defers to the government action regardless of how egregious it may be; a man who erects rather than breaks down barriers in the area of civil rights, a man who, to this day, has never retreated from his declaration that the Constitution does not protect a woman's right to privacy, a man who has demonstrated a persistent insensitivity to the history of racial discrimination in this country and, was even, at the government’s request, willing to ignore overwhelming evidence that African Americans were intentionally stricken from an all-white jury in a black defendant’s capital case."

The Senate is debating the nomination after it passed the Senate Judiciary Committee on a 10-8, partisan-line vote.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist has said that if the Democrats decide to filibuster, he would employ the "nuclear option" to ban the procedure, which requires a majority vote in the Republican-controlled Senate.

Responding to Kerry's call for a filibuster, Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., declared during floor remarks yesterday, "This isn't going to happen."

"I know people get desperate fearing something is going to happen to their liberal agenda," he said, "... but nowhere did our founding fathers say that to approve a judge you had to have a super majority."

ODShowtime
01-27-2006, 07:25 AM
I would brand Coulter "a stupid cunt" myself

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Kerry doesn't have the support to pull off a fillibuster, and he's gonna be sent home when his seat comes up for re-election, i guarentee it.

So he may as well go out swinging with both guns, i expect no less from him.
Bush has made you all look like trolls because he's very good at getting things past you leftist irrational tools, for a stupid moron that is, lol.

Democrats are the only one's responsible for their loss of power in Washington. It won't be until you figure that out and reform your party that any power will be handed to you again.

But hey, you have this Impeachment thing to press since you can't charge him with any crimes, not constitutionally anyway. ;)

DrMaddVibe
01-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Oh, so JOhnKErry is correct as a United States senator to form his opinion on the next Supreme Court justice based on this?

And you approve of this type of decision making?

No wonder you've lost so many elections and so many voters that are open to any viable plan, solution or ideas based on reality.

Keep up with the "gameplan".

You don't mind if I play through?

BigBadBrian
01-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I would brand Coulter "a stupid cunt" myself

Yeah, but you and FORD still think she's hot.

:gulp:

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Oh, and that brings up another hypocritical point.
The Lib's here say all the time that Anne Coulter used to be a man, and they ridicule her for it with statements like, "Ann the Man".

Yet, they support gay relationships and the whole gay marriage issue?
Why doesn't your compassion for the alternative lifestyles apply to Conservatives?

I think i just figured out the core reason i'll never be a Democrat, I am completely against people who wear two faces.

Moving to the center was an eye opener for me.
I can see much more clearly now, and the sad truth is that neither party is worth shit.

But i'll say this, Democrats have zero respect for the office of President when they are so willing to use a fillibuster to stop the opposite from what they want to happen.
Alito is your worst nightmare and there is nothing you can do to stop his confirmation.
This has you all so uptight that you slipped and exposed your real goal when it comes to appointing Justices...You all have made abortion a litmus test for nominee's.

I can't remember her name right now, but a Lady Senator directly said on the floor that the United States should never allow justices to the bench if they don't support Roe v. Wade.
So explain to me how that isn't equal to a litmus test?
Abortion is the only damned thing you people are concerned about and it's pathetic, even for a bunch of baby killers.

You are all up in arms over the Supreme Court becoming too conservative yet you want to make them all Liberal Judges....the hypocracy and level of unfairness by you folks is amazingly brazen.

I'm for a government that serves the people, not their party lines.

diamondD
01-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Being in the middle myself, I agree whole heartedly. Too bad the people on the extreme side of both parties are so blinded they can't see the damage they do.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
Being in the middle myself, I agree whole heartedly. Too bad the people on the extreme side of both parties are so blinded they can't see the damage they do.

They see it, they just don't care and will try to pass the buck when shit hits the fan.
Honestly, i've seen more maturity on a 1st grade playground than i currently see in Washington.

I'm just glad i was smart enough to take a step back and get off my own party line way of thinking.

If more people joined us, this country would become a much better place.
But as long as everyone has the "Us or Them" train of thought, we're doomed by our own hands.

scamper
01-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
They see it, they just don't care and will try to pass the buck when shit hits the fan.
Honestly, i've seen more maturity on a 1st grade playground than i currently see in Washington.

I'm just glad i was smart enough to take a step back and get off my own party line way of thinking.

If more people joined us, this country would become a much better place.
But as long as everyone has the "Us or Them" train of thought, we're doomed by our own hands.

So true

Hardrock69
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Kerry is such a windbag that a filibuster is the normal thing for him to try to pull off...

Nickdfresh
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
What? KERRY blew his was all over Anne COULTER? What's this thread about again?

diamondD
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
It's just Kerry's last grasp at straws for relevancy.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 02:54 PM
He's just making a statement, nothing more, and he's not going to be re-elected when his seat comes up for grabs this time.

Say goodnight, John!

4moreyears
01-27-2006, 05:13 PM
John Kerry is a traitor and should be happy that he is allowed to live in this country.

FORD
01-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
John Kerry is a traitor and should be happy that he is allowed to live in this country.

So let me see if I get this right.....

George Bush and Dick Cheney pack their cabinet with Israeli spies and subvert the foreign policy of the United States to serve the interests of the Israeli Likud party, including committing treasonous acts against the American people.

But John Kerry's a traitor.....

Yeah, sure he is, moron :rolleyes:

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Na, Kerry isn't a traitor, he's just a democrat who likes to posture before dinner.
He just wants to go on record to appear as though he was trying to fillibuster Alito.
He's thinking about the future, but as usual, he's off track and has no clue what the hell he is doing.
The people like Alito as a choice, i just wish he'd have been the first choice.

It will come back to haunt Kerry though, you'll see.
I have this strong gut feeling Kerry is going to be replaced when his seat comes up for re-election.
I don't know why, I just feel it.

jhale667
01-27-2006, 05:46 PM

What a moronic statement.

ODShowtime
01-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah, but you and FORD still think she's hot.

False. No adam's apple is a prerequisite for me.

Cathedral
01-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
False. No adam's apple is a prerequisite for me.

LMMFAO, Ya know what?
I'd fuck Anne Coulter so hard her dead grandma would squirt a stream.

She may not be a babe but she ain't and never was no man, baby.

Shit, I ain't proud when it comes to nookie.
My name's Bennet and my dicks init.

Nickdfresh
01-28-2006, 07:50 AM

How is a wounded, combat veteran a "traitor?" When have you ever served you big-mouthed (breathing) little pussy-bitch?

Nickdfresh
01-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Na, Kerry isn't a traitor, he's just a democrat who likes to posture before dinner.
He just wants to go on record to appear as though he was trying to fillibuster Alito.
He's thinking about the future, but as usual, he's off track and has no clue what the hell he is doing.
The people like Alito as a choice, i just wish he'd have been the first choice.

It will come back to haunt Kerry though, you'll see.
I have this strong gut feeling Kerry is going to be replaced when his seat comes up for re-election.
I don't know why, I just feel it.

Yeah, because long-time incumbents always lose their seats in the Senate/Congress.

DrMaddVibe
01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
How is a wounded, combat veteran a "traitor?" When have you ever served you big-mouthed (breathing) little pussy-bitch?

When its self-inflicted and not worthy of a hospital stay...we've covered this before.

As far as serving...I seriously doubt you ever did. Your beliefs are nothing that I've seen or heard and you don't talk the talk or walk the walk.

You're like douchemachine, a pretending stooge seeking acceptance.

4moreyears
01-28-2006, 12:14 PM
You liberal assholes are fucking nuts. The comments
John Kerry made about the Vietnam war after he got out with his hangnail were used by the North Vietnamese being replayed to the POW's. The same thing with our current group of fucksticks that cunt Cindy Sheehan and Michael Moore. I am sure Osama is glad they are Americans.

FORD
01-28-2006, 12:51 PM
LMMFAO, Ya know what?
I'd fuck Anne Coulter so hard her dead grandma would squirt a stream.

She may not be a babe but she ain't and never was no man, baby.

Let's see.....

Adam's apple - check
Huge hands - check
Deep voice - check

She's a MAN, baby!

And here's Ann without his makeup......