PDA

View Full Version : Who cares

Simplywonderful
04-05-2004, 06:02 PM
All polititains present the same gift only in different wrapping paper. Then people sit around and bitch that who they voted for is not doing things as they had hoped. And why would they. Once elected for office they no longer give a shit what you think becuase they are already in office. They start care again only when election time comes around. I have heard all the same shit over and over about health care and yet me a person who works everyday and pays her taxes can't have health insurance. I have a busted arm that hurts me on a regular basis and I can't get any treatment. And the clinics set up for poor people give me horrible care and diagnosis me with running any nessesary test. So bottom line , who cares. :confused:

ELVIS
04-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Come to Louisiana.. We have a simplywonderful charity health care system here...

Send me a pic first though...

Simplywonderful
04-05-2004, 07:58 PM
No pics sorry. New comer to on-line but no computer stupid

Viking
04-05-2004, 10:43 PM
LMAO@ELVIS......... :killer:

knuckleboner
04-05-2004, 11:10 PM
because you hear some stories about some (admittingly) bad national politicians, don't assume ALL politicians are bad. some national ones are good.

and i can personally attest to a few local and state politicians in my area.

they're out there if you look. but not too many people pay attention tot their state/local elections, anyways. unfortunately.

John Ashcroft
04-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Would you feel better if Dubya went on TV and "Felt your pain"?

Ally_Kat
04-06-2004, 01:26 PM
I care.

Satan
04-06-2004, 02:08 PM
I care. I'm a compassionate Devil. :)

BigBadBrian
04-06-2004, 03:06 PM
I care. This person speaks the truth in alot of cases.

Simplywonderful
04-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Sometimes I am just sick of being screwed by the system. All my life I have fall through every crack when I need help. Be a citizen, born and raised here I should have the right to certain things, but I don't. Thing I need I can't get because there is always someone standing there to say no.Then the things I do to cure myself is illegal. Bull shit.

ELVIS
04-08-2004, 10:03 AM
The system ain't screwing you.. you're screwing yourself...

BTW.. are you Diamond Den ???

:elvis:

John Ashcroft
04-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Simplywonderful
Sometimes I am just sick of being screwed by the system. All my life I have fall through every crack when I need help. Be a citizen, born and raised here I should have the right to certain things, but I don't. Thing I need I can't get because there is always someone standing there to say no.Then the things I do to cure myself is illegal. Bull shit.

See the Bill of Rights (http://www.archives.gov/national_archives_experience/bill_of_rights_transcript.html) and The Constitution (http://www.archives.gov/national_archives_experience/constitution_transcript.html) for your rights.

You have no more or less "rights" than they specify.

ELVIS
04-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Seriously dude..

This person sounds like Dennis...

John Ashcroft
04-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Well then disregard the U.S. Bill of Rights and Constitution... You're screwed.

Go by a fatty at the local coffee shop, and ponder your little country's place in the world. ;)

ELVIS
04-08-2004, 02:06 PM
:D

knuckleboner
04-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

You have no more or less "rights" than they specify.

uh...unless you live in the 9th circuit's purview...;)

John Ashcroft
04-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Naturally, but those newfound "rights" are short lived.

Golden AWe
04-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Btw...Am I the only homeless here at the Roth Army?

ELVIS
04-10-2004, 02:35 PM
I was at one time...;)

Golden AWe
04-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Cool...

Actually I'm only officially homeless.

I can't afford to pay rent for a student apartment, I have no income from Denmark or Finland since January...I borrow money to buy food

However, I got 4000 crones (app. 500 bucks) from the bar work I did last semester - I used it to go on a study trip to Balkan, and now I'm living in a caretaker room of this one student apartment with paint buckets and stuff,

it's a dump but who cares, as long as I finish the final project I'm ok

There's only 2 months left anyway...

Ally_Kat
04-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Well then disregard the U.S. Bill of Rights and Constitution... You're screwed.

Go by a fatty at the local coffee shop, and ponder your little country's place in the world. ;)

JA, Den got his green card by marrying Suzie.

John Ashcroft
04-10-2004, 04:25 PM
You'll make it. Keep the chin up. I used to live in the basement (unfinished, naturally) of 3 chicks' house (up in Needham, MA. The life of a guitarist in a struggling band). Now that I think back, that was kinda cool...

John Ashcroft
04-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
JA, Den got his green card by marrying Suzie.

Congrats Den! So, consult my first post for your newfound rights. :D

Simplywonderful
04-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I know my right for the most part, or a least what I need to know. The point is that there are a lot of people who fall through the cracks. If there weren't cracks there wouldn't be constant improvements. Thats all I am saying.

John Ashcroft
04-12-2004, 08:07 AM
That's why you should rely on no one but yourself for your well being.

If there's medical issues, you can't be denied care in an emergency room. Not to mention there are dozens upon dozens of charitable organizations that deal will helping folks who need it. Hell, you can even get a house built for you if needed (Habitat for Humanity). America's the most generous nation on Earth, period. But reliance on politicians for your basic needs (other than Defense) is a recipe for disaster.

Simplywonderful
04-12-2004, 04:46 PM
I never expect thing to land in my lap by there are guild lines for all those things. Sometimes i fall between the lines. As for the emergency room there is only so much they can do. They give me pain medicine and send me home with a referral for another doctor, which is where I get screwed w/o insurance. I could just rack up a huge bill and not pay it, but then doctors rates go up and screw others. besides I already filed bankruptcy on all my other medical bills from when my kidneys gave out and I needed surgery.And to answer what you also said I don't depend on politians but I wish they worked for the little people who fall through a lot of cracks every once and a while.

ELVIS
04-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Nah..

Get a job!

Pay for your own shit!

Satan
04-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Nah..

Get a job!

Pay for your own shit!

That's easier said than done with the BCE in the White House.

ELVIS
04-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Bullshit you paranoid motherfucker!

Get real for a change...

Simplywonderful
04-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Well of course I pay for my own shit but I don't have a couple thousand dollars in my ass.And medical problems don't ask for your premission.