PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry may see duty in Iraq war?

Unchainme
01-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Prince Harry may see duty in Iraq war

By SUE LEEMAN
Associated Press

LONDON - Prince Harry, the third in line to the British throne, will join one of the army's oldest and most prestigious units, making him eligible for service in Iraq, the Ministry of Defense said Wednesday.

Harry, 21, will serve in the Blues and Royals regiment of the venerable Household Cavalry, which already has been deployed to Iraq. The regiment is the one most closely associated with Queen Elizabeth II, Harry's grandmother.

"It's fair to say that if his squadron goes to Iraq, he will probably go with it," a ministry spokesman said.

News reports said Harry hopes to lead an armored reconnaissance troop, which deploys in Scimitar vehicles and acts as the eyes and ears of the force commander.

There are two divisions within the Household Cavalry: the armored division, where Harry will train; and the mounted regiment, which performs ceremonial duties, including guarding the queen on ceremonial and public occasions, decked out in red or blue tunics and plumed helmets.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/3613050.html

I highly doubt This'll happen, but will be intresting how the Government of England handles this.

FORD
01-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Prince Andrew served in their little assault on the Falkland Islands, so it's not without precedent.

Certainly doesn't mean Chimpy's going to sign up Jenna & Tonic any time soon.

Cathedral
01-27-2006, 11:57 PM
ROTMFFLMMFAO @ jenna and tonic....damn, i wasn't ready for a belly laugh.
But i needed it, so Thanks. :)

I'm not so sure this is a good idea though. imagine the prize capture Harry would be for an insurgent?

Charles would move Europe to save his son, as a good Dad should for their young.
I see it as trouble unless the boy has security while on the battlefield.

FORD
01-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Just by the name "Blues and Royals regiment", I get the impression these guys probably don't see much combat duty.

Now if word got out that Harry was in a particular building and somehow a truck bomb got in there, I suppose that's always possible. But no more than a similar attack would have been back home from the IRA a few years ago.

Don Corleone
01-29-2006, 02:00 PM
It's good to see he's taking after his (biological) dad

singerman
01-29-2006, 09:20 PM
the closest Harry will get to Iraq, is seeing it on a map.....and i guess someone will still have to show where it is

Don Corleone
02-01-2006, 12:22 PM
He'll go out to Iraq, but he won't be put in danger.

Angel
02-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Charles would move Europe to save his son, as a good Dad should for their young.

I doubt that, the kingdom I'm sure, means more to him.

Mr Grimsdale
02-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
It's good to see he's taking after his (biological) dad

you rascal!

Mr Grimsdale
02-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Prince Andrew served in their little assault on the Falkland Islands, so it's not without precedent.

that little assault was probably the largest naval operation since ww2!

Mr Grimsdale
02-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Just by the name "Blues and Royals regiment", I get the impression these guys probably don't see much combat duty.

http://www.army.mod.uk/armcorps/royblues/#POST

Nickdfresh
02-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
that little assault was probably the largest naval operation since ww2!

I sometimes post on a WWII board where there is a lot of animosity between the British and Argentine posters, and several fight threads on the War...

Unchainme
02-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I sometimes post on a WWII board where there is a lot of animosity between the British and Argentine posters, and several fight threads on the War...

Link?

BITEYOASS
02-02-2006, 06:34 PM

Certainly doesn't mean Chimpy's going to sign up Jenna & Tonic any time soon.

Jenna & Tonic would probably be the typical barracks slut and get a bad conduct discharge for fratenization. But ole' Bush Jr. will hide that one perty quick! LOL

Nickdfresh
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Link?

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=ad6ca93dde21caf617a0fd39110b20cb

They had to create a special "user-group forum" because people were nuts. Kind of like this forum...

Don Corleone
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
you rascal!

It's bloody true though. He's looking more like Hewitt as he gets older.

Mr Grimsdale
02-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

heheheh, just remind them about the general belgrano