PDA

View Full Version : Queen w Paul Rodgers DVD

Take 'Em
01-27-2006, 10:04 PM
I have an crack at some floor seats for the upcoming Queen w Paul Rodgers show in Chicago. Has anybody seen the DVD from the UK shows yet? The ticket prices are pretty steep, but I had never caught the band live years ago.

Anybody see the thing?

FORD
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
If you're a fan of Paul Rodgers, you'll probably love the DVD, and the show. If you're a fan of Queen because of Brian May, you'll probably love the DVD, and the show. If you believe that Freddie Mercury WAS Queen and that anybody singing his songs is blasphemy, you might not like it all that well.

I'm somewhere in between these positions. I believe Rodgers is a great singer, and at 60 his voice sounds just as great as it did on Free albums made 35 years ago. May & Roger Taylor play just as well as ever (John Deacon chose to sit this one out, so they got some hired gun to play bass, along with an additional guitarist).

Paul does as good of a job as anybody else could on the Queen material. And on the Free/Bad Company stuff, May plays the parts better than Mick Ralphs did on the last Bad Co tour by far.

In other words, they work well as a band, and I'd love to hear what they could come up with as new original material. But it's not Queen, and it never will be, so I really wish they would drop the name. :(

Hardrock69
01-28-2006, 09:01 PM
I will be seeing them soon....

Take 'Em
01-28-2006, 10:32 PM
I am a fan of the "music"! We grew up un this stuff and I have a great respect for the talent that wrote it and still likes to "belt it out" live for us with the same heart they would have years ago.
Let me know how the shows are if you guys catch them before they get to the midwest.

BITEYOASS
01-28-2006, 11:03 PM
It's better to have a legend from the mighty Bad Company take up the mic, than some damn amateur from a contest like INXS did IMO.

Hardrock69
01-29-2006, 12:26 AM
NO FUCKING SHIT!!!

:D

Matt White
01-30-2006, 07:18 PM
I believe PAUL RODGERS was/is Freddies Fav vocalist...so it makes sense

Plexi Head
01-31-2006, 12:23 AM
The Queen with Paul Rogers DVD kicks absolute ass. That mutha sings his frigg'n ringhole off.

DLR'sCock
01-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I saw the first US show of this tour in here in NJ, and let me tell you they were awesome!!

This is not QUEEN.

This is Queen + Paul Rodgers.

Hell they did 5 Paul songs when I saw them, and Brian and Roger do a gerat job at singing as well. They both sing a few songs as well.

Go see this show.

Take 'Em
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I picked up the DVD last night and it does Kick Ass!!!

I have access to seats in the 10th row on the floor @ face value for the Allstate Arena show.

gonna be a blast!!

lesfunk
01-31-2006, 11:44 AM
I'll be in Worcester MA March 10 And can't wait. I think they did a classy job with the DVD.

Cato
02-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by lesfunk
I'll be in Worcester MA March 10 And can't wait. I think they did a classy job with the DVD.
you will be wearing a bra on your head during concert!
show 'em your silliness Les!

flappo
02-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If you're a fan of Paul Rodgers, you'll probably love the DVD, and the show. If you're a fan of Queen because of Brian May, you'll probably love the DVD, and the show. If you believe that Freddie Mercury WAS Queen and that anybody singing his songs is blasphemy, you might not like it all that well.

I'm somewhere in between these positions. I believe Rodgers is a great singer, and at 60 his voice sounds just as great as it did on Free albums made 35 years ago. May & Roger Taylor play just as well as ever (John Deacon chose to sit this one out, so they got some hired gun to play bass, along with an additional guitarist).

Paul does as good of a job as anybody else could on the Queen material. And on the Free/Bad Company stuff, May plays the parts better than Mick Ralphs did on the last Bad Co tour by far.

In other words, they work well as a band, and I'd love to hear what they could come up with as new original material. But it's not Queen, and it never will be, so I really wish they would drop the name. :(

the truth™

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm pretty much happee with Live Magic and Live Killers.

Are there any of those 70's Queen concerts on DVD?

Like that ROCK MASTERS they showed on the telly?

I also saw the best Clapton concert ever, on telly, it was from the 70's and part of the ROCK MASTERS series or something...

flappo
02-01-2006, 04:01 PM
rare live had some grate stuff , it was a vhs tape released in the mid 80's

so was magic years , vol 1-3

that's the best

Jens
02-03-2006, 04:32 AM
I've seenthem in Germany twice last year. Absolutely Kickass show. If you like the music and not only Freddie's voice, don't miss them in the states.
Have fun.
Feed the Phoenix

Shaun Ponsonby
02-03-2006, 12:28 PM
I saw them in Manchester in May-one of the best shows I've ever seen. That just about says it all.

The DVD kicks ass too, apart from the lack of extras.

Cato
02-05-2006, 08:21 AM
I saw their show on TV, which was filmed in Japan last year. it was GRATE and I was very impressed.
the funny thing was...they said "Hello Tokyo" "Konnichiwa Tokyo" many times through the concert, but in fact, it was not Tokyo but Saitama.... how rude.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Ha! That'll teach em.