PDA

View Full Version : "Good to see you again Alice Cooper" DVD

Mr Badguy
01-29-2006, 05:26 AM
I picked this one up yesterday.

I never heard of it before.

It`s a feature film, kinda like "The song remains the same" meets "A hard days night", where Alice Cooper (the group, not the man) get to be as self indulgent as they want in front of the camera.

It`s based around a bunch of skits intercut with concert footage from the 1973 "Billion dollar babies" tour.

The music is fantastic:

The Lady Is A Tramp (Studio Performance)
Hello, Hooray
Billion Dollar Babies
Elected
I`m Eighteen
Raped And Freezin`
No More Mr Nice Guy
My Stars
Unfinished sweet
Sick Things
Dead Babies
I love The Dead
School`s Out
Under My Wheels

The skits don`t work as well.

They follow a plot of a badly stereotyped German film director wanting revenge on "The Cooper gang" for ruining the film he was going to make about them and these scenes have dated pretty badly.

However, the DVD does contain a "Play concert only" feature so you don`t have to watch that stuff unless you want to.

Usual special features: Audio commentary by Alice cooper, Theatrical trailer, radio spots, original promotional material, band biographies, deleted scenes and outtakes and easter eggs.

Sound is Dolby 5.1 and DDS.

It`s a good show although the concert lighting does leave the stage looking a bit dingey. It`s as good as "Welcome to my nightmare" and serves to remind us how good the original Alice Cooper group were.

Mr. Vengeance
01-29-2006, 12:05 PM
I picked this up after Christmas and enjoyed it a lot. I guess that the thing was supposed to be more of a movie originally, with the band being on trial. They eventually cut out all that plot and left in that wacky stuff with the movie director chasing them around. It really didn't work out too well, but the concert footage is fantastic. I'm surprised that they didn't include the original stuff they shot for the movie in the extras.

Alice's commentary is nice, although at times he doesn't say too much. Every now and then you get a good tidbit of inside info about a scene.

Douglas T.
01-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I have a cool Alice bootleg video where he kills the camera man with his mic stand! Not sure what year it is! I am going to have to get his DVD too! Jeesh I need a birthday to come up or something wanting the RUSH DVD and the ELVIS DVD!
I have a few of his albums and his action figure autographed! always loved the COOP!:cool:

Mr. Vengeance
01-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Alice and the micstand murder was during the comeback Constrictor tour.

Damn I wish I could meet him...he's a longtime idol of mine.

Douglas T.
01-30-2006, 11:42 AM
I met him at a grand opening for a golf coarse! he was there with his racecar and driver who at the time was kicking ass! How he's doing now(driver) I don't know!