PDA

View Full Version : What Movies Should NEVER Be Remade?

ALMOSTsaved
01-29-2006, 04:50 PM
It seems that Hollywood has run out of ideas and is in the business of remaking classic movies with updated effects for the MTV generation. Usually it's classic horror films like "The Amityville Horror" and now "The Omen" and "When A Stranger Calls." Hell, even a Kubrick masterpiece like "The Shining" was remaded for TV. So my question is, what movie would absolutely kill you if it were remade?

For me it would be John Carpenter's "Halloween." That movie relied on mood, imagery and a fucking great soundtrack rather than gore. If it were remade today, I'm sure computer graphics and blood would be incorporated, thus killing the suspense factor.

Keep in mind, your pics do NOT have to be of the horror genre.

Cathedral
01-29-2006, 05:06 PM
I just watched The Fog, the remake, and it sucked compared to the original film.
Hell, it sucked period...
Wouldn't mind taking Selma Blair around the matress for a romp, but other than her in skimpy panties...My attention wondered.

I hate remakes, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Tough call...because I don't think any movies should be remade in the strictest of senses...

I would put the Unforgiven on that list...because it's the only Western of it's kind...and totally depended on the actors involved in making it a great film...

I think Die Hard (in the 30 story high...Nakatomi version) in the action front...because it really became a movie that others ripped off from to no avail...and again...depended much on the actors...

Those are just 2 off the top of my head...and don't feel like putting any more thought into it...because they'll all be remade at some point...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Isn't Selma Blair the chick that has no tits?

ALMOSTsaved
01-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Selma Blair, while hot loses points for being married to that dickhead leach Ahmet Zappa.

I'm wondering if because of all the "gansta" rappers obsession with Pacino's "Scarface" if we'll ever see a remake, but with a black actor. Goddamn that would suck...Dealin' coke and killing by day...rapping by night.

Coyote
01-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Keep in mind, your pics do NOT have to be of the horror genre.

Any movie with Jack Nicholson in it.

wiseguy
01-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Damn Die hard was mine, any of bruces actually...
Ok, how about Waynes World...Lol That was gay.

I really wanted to say Die Hard though!

Damn this cheese is a nice compliment.

jslav06
01-29-2006, 05:42 PM
The King Kong remake was actally incredible. Way better than the original. But if I was going to pick a movie that couldn't ever be remade... Kazaam with Shaq. Hell, that movie should never see the light of day actually.

manwiththedogs
01-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Dawn Of The...Oh yeah, shit...nevermind

Mr. Vengeance
01-29-2006, 06:25 PM
I HATE remakes. Just shows the stupidity of youth, that they can't go and search out the old movies and the laziness of movie makers, that they can't develop ideas.

I'd flip out if they remake Bullitt (don't worry, it'll happen)

Rock n' Roll High School should never be remade, even though Howard Stern has it in development. However, Howard's projects often never see the light of day.

The Good The Bad and the Ugly or any of the classic Clint " man with no name" movies

Carnal Knowledge

To Sir With Love

In the Heat of the Night (even if it was a tv show)

Evil Dead (they're doing it as we speak)

Any of the Dirty Harry Movies

Rebel without a Cause

East of Eden (been done I think)

Giant

I could go on and on....

Jérôme Frenchise
01-29-2006, 06:31 PM
There should never be ANY movie remade at all IMO... The crap never should because they're crappy, and the great ones never should either because those dead losses of today's standardized productions ought to change jobs instead of trying to compensate their total lack of real creativity by pillaging old masterpieces to make dull dough with them...

Damn, did you notice the number of remakes over the last few years? My take is that it's symptomatic of an obvious unability to worthwile creation. Isn't it? :cool:

Take 'Em
01-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Blue Velvet

Slapshot

SpinalTap

Goodfellas

stringfelowhawk
01-29-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm sending this out to Howard Stern!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE PORKY'S ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a remake for every generation but American Pie CAN NOT touch the original PORKY'S! The principal's office scene is one of cinema's funniest moments. ANY cinema on ANY continent! I'm not gonna mention Kim Cattrel's "LASSIE"! Well, yeah I am.

Anyways, I'm so damn disgusted with Hollywood right now its unbelievable. I can't see how they can remake "The Sons Of Katie Elder" and call it "Four Brothers" or WTF ever! How can you grow the sack to think you can replace "The Duke" with Marky Mark?

Let me testify to this! I'll name two movies that if remade will push me to commit an all out mayhem and carnage spree that will give Hollywood enough new material to last them ohhhhhh, at least till Armaggedon!

"Dirty Harry" and "Outlaw Josey Wales"
If I have to give reasons it'll make me feel like you're too young or misinformed to understand why I chose them.

But I'll tell you bout an interview I once saw with Mel Gibson. I forget who it was but the question was, "Have you ever met anyone in Hollywood that you were scared of or intimidated by"?

Mel said, "Yes! I was invited to meet Clint Eastwood at his office one time and I didn't know what he was like. Everyone told me he was this very jovial and witty guy but when I got there I noticed I was about to meet "Dirty Harry" you know? I've seen his movies and he don't have to speak to scare the sh*t outta you. Have you ever seen "Josey Wales" or "A Fist Full Of Dollars? He gives you a little squint and its like trying to stare down a doberman. You can see his teeth but he damn sure ain't smilin!"

I thought that was funny.

Nickdfresh
01-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Citizen Kane

American Beauty

Any Star Wars film

The Graduate

Any Hitchcock film

ALMOSTsaved
01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The Graduate

Jesus, that movie was a fucking classic. The late Anne Bancroft was Goddamn hot in that movie.

jslav06
01-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Baseketball. I know what you're thinking. How could such a modern day classic be even brought up in a thread like this. Because it cannot and will not ever be remade. Why? People are intimidated by the... sheer amazingness that is Baseketball. And because I'm the only person that likes it. Oh yeah, and because its only like 8 years old.

Ally_Kat
01-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Casablanca and The Dirty Dozen

Cathedral
01-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Isn't Selma Blair the chick that has no tits?

Yeah, that's her, reminds me of an old girlfriend, lol.
Her ass and her face, that's the draw for me.

I'm not a big tit guy though, so that really has little to do with my attraction to females.

My brothers wife is a double D cup, and though they were nice some years ago, their not sitting so high these days, makes her look deformed, lmmfao.
I prefer the medium to smaller tits, they last a lifetime with virtually no change in consistancy or appearance.

I am the President of the IBTC (Itty Bitty Titty Commitee) ;)

Jimmy Jingles
01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Brianna Loves Jenna

Fooking classic! No remakes!

Mr Badguy
01-30-2006, 01:02 PM
"Jaws".

I`m sure they could CGI the Shark to fuck these days but it would never be any good.

I hear that they`re going to remake "The Warriors".

That will be shit.

So will the proposed "The A Team".

Who the fuck could play any of the A Team apart from the original actors?

It would be like someone else playing Captain Kirk or Indiana Jones or Dirty Harry.

Mr. Vengeance
01-30-2006, 01:20 PM

Any Hitchcock film

How about the ridiculous Psycho remake where it was a shot by shot identical copy of the original. The ONLY reason for this piece of shit was that kids today are fucking morons! They wouldn't want to watch the old one because it's black and white and they don't know Anthony Perkins or Janet Leigh, so they have to remake it in colour with modern "actors"....

Now that I'm nearly 39, I have to say that I understand fully why my parents couldn't understand me as a teen. And I was 100 x more in touch with the past as any of today's morons are....

Vinnie Velvet
01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Citizen Kane

American Beauty

Any Star Wars film

The Graduate

Any Hitchcock film

Those other movies have a better chance of getting some kind of re-make --- not any of the Star Wars flicks.

No studio owns them -- only LUCASFILM.

And as long as Lucas is alive or dead (his kids will take over the company), it will NEVER happen.

The whole premise for Lucas was to be an independent filmaker (that included exclusive rights to his work).

bastardog
01-30-2006, 05:01 PM
if someone remakes "Enter the Dragon" will be stupid enough to remake "Star Wars: A New Hope"

Terry
01-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Tough call...because I don't think any movies should be remade in the strictest of senses...

I would put the Unforgiven on that list...because it's the only Western of it's kind...and totally depended on the actors involved in making it a great film...

I think Die Hard (in the 30 story high...Nakatomi version) in the action front...because it really became a movie that others ripped off from to no avail...and again...depended much on the actors...

Those are just 2 off the top of my head...and don't feel like putting any more thought into it...because they'll all be remade at some point...

Fuckin' A...

...just no need for a remake, of ANYTHING.

We won't be getting any future classics if Hollywood just keeps redoing what came before.

Fuck, rather than remake a film, I'd just as soon Tinsel Town just re-release the originals for limited theatrical runs.

I'd love to go see Halloween in a movie theater. Or the original The Fog. Or The Warriors. Or the original Bad News Bears, vs. a pointless remake (thought Billy Bob was a bit cooler than that).

Too much emphasis on making the big bucks coupled with a contempt for the American moviegoer. By and large, movies seem to be made with a mentaltiy on the part of the filmakers that dictates you have to aim for the lowest common denominator in order to have mass appeal...

..although I will say I really dug Sin City. That was a decent flick that came out in the last 12 months, not a remake or anything, but what the hell?

ALMOSTsaved
01-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Let me try this again!

ALMOSTsaved
01-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Fuck, rather than remake a film, I'd just as soon Tinsel Town just re-release the originals for limited theatrical runs.

I'd love to go see Halloween in a movie theater. Or the original The Fog. Or The Warriors. Or the original Bad News Bears, vs. a pointless remake (thought Billy Bob was a bit cooler than that).

I agree with you 150% percent!

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2006, 06:11 PM
remakes mostly suck like sammy hagar trying to "remake" a CVH-song...

a remake of ANY clint eastwood movie? impossible...

john wayne? ridiculous...

hitchcock? no way...

BITEYOASS
01-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Anything done over fifteen years ago does not need a fucking sequel, especially with the same leading actor!?!?!

Cathedral
02-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I've got a head full of ideas that would bring Hollywood mass money and awards.
They just aren't taking unsolicited material from unpublished writers.

That all changes in April when my first kit review is published in Scale Auto. actually it comes out in March, but it's the April '06 issue.

This is only the beginning....

Ally_Kat
02-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I've got a head full of ideas that would bring Hollywood mass money and awards.
They just aren't taking unsolicited material from unpublished writers.

That all changes in April when my first kit review is published in Scale Auto. actually it comes out in March, but it's the April '06 issue.

This is only the beginning....

Indy films, my bro. Lots of indy stuff that made mad money recently.

Matt White
02-01-2006, 12:43 AM
THe BIG studios have been re-making films ever since they had a hit....

I personaly HATE remakes.....