PDA

View Full Version : MNF Shakeup: Michaels out, Kornheiser in ???

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2006, 06:50 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/61194.htm

ESPN MAY USE KORNHEISER AS 3D MAN ON MNF

By ANDREW MARCHAND
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 30, 2006 -- With Al Michael's future on Monday Night Football in doubt, ESPN is strongly considering putting talk show host/columnist Tony Kornheiser on its telecast next year, The Post has learned.
While ESPN is expected to decide after the Super Bowl if it will force Michaels to honor the eight-year $32 million contract he signed this summer, sources say the network has devised a Plan B around Kornheiser.

If the network allows Michaels out of his contract then the new team is expected to be led by Mike Tirico. Tirico will be joined by Joe Theismann and Kornheiser, if Kornheiser agrees to ESPN's offer that is believed to be for around $1 million.

The addition of Kornheiser, who writes for the Washington Post, would be a radical move in the same vein as when Dennis Miller was named to the Monday Night booth.

ESPN executives, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, recently met with Kornheiser about accepting the role. If Kornheiser takes the offer then he is expected to continue to co-host Pardon the Interruption.

In fact, the show would be aired live from the Monday Night site each week.

Efforts to reach ESPN executives and Kornheiser were unsuccessful.

Kermit The Frog
01-30-2006, 06:54 PM
KornHoler is fucking brutal. Hes an ok writer but listening to that fucktard makes me want to kill his children.

thome
01-30-2006, 06:59 PM
How can these dik bags compare Tony to that dweeb Denis Miller

Tony knows sports........ Miller, Knows from Funny, barely....

I did not watch MNF when miller was on I watched w sound off and radio
dudes overlaying it from my stereo .

Miller was out of his league ....Tony knows Ball

VHdamaco
01-30-2006, 07:07 PM
i think it'd work well...

Brett
01-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Mike Tirico is fucking terrible at play by play. When he's calling NBA games, I turn the sound off.

MAX
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
MNF 'tis going to absolutely suck. Theisman already bugs the fuck outta me and if Al 'tis out...

Fuck, what are they thinking? :mad:

ALinChainz
01-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Does Tony have any booth experience?

Has he done play by play?

EbDawson
01-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
With Al Michael's future on Monday Night Football in doubt, ESPN is strongly considering putting talk show host/columnist Tony Kornheiser on its telecast next year

Why is Michael's future in doubt? Is he wanting to get out of his contract or is it an ESPN thingy? It'll blow if Michaels isn't there. Probably blow anyway.