PDA

View Full Version : I stand corrected...Bon Jovi doesn't suck...at all!

DLR_EngineRoom
01-31-2006, 04:05 PM
OK, so let me start by saying that about a month or so ago, I said in a post that Bon Jovi had gone down the same road as Def Leppard - which means they now suck.

Well, after seeing 'em last nite, I retract those statements entirely.

Bon Jovi isn't in the same sucky league that Def Lep are in.

I wasn't about to go see 'em. Friend of mine called, said he had an extra seat for the last of 4 sold out shows here in T.O., and he warned me that the seats were both expensive and shit. And because I was in the mood for a concert, I'd realized that I haven't seen Bon Jovi in over 15 years (last one was on the 'New Jersey' Tour in 89/90 with Skid Row opening). So, I went.

You know you're at a great show when you have expensive shit seats last minute, weren't looking forward to going and you still rock out during the concert, and leave excited. And that's exactly what happened last night. I honestly wasn't expecting it, at all.

If you like Rock music in general, then there's no reason why not to love Bon Jovi's music 20 years later. Some, like myself at first, felt that these guys 'wussed out' of the pop metal they had, but even if you feel that's true, so what. They haven't gone Def Leppard in the very least, still release great rock records, and have a great, enthusiastic time on stage. It's pure, it's honest, and as far as I'm concerned, it's still great rock n' roll to me.

P.S. My only complaint was that they didn't play anything from their first 2 albums. Woulda liked to hear "In and Out of Love", "Only Lonely", "Silent Night" and "Runaway". But they did play "In These Arms" only on the night I went, so that was a plus...

P.P.S. Is it just me, or does Bon Jovi's new album cover look like the Kool Aid logo?

Here's the setlists for all 4 sold out shows here in T.O....

BON JOVI - TORONTO ROCKS Night #1

(Sunday, January 22, 2006)
Well, it wasn't easy getting to Toronto for the band but it was worth the trip. In the wee hours of Saturday, January 21st, the band was flying from Buffalo, NY (where they'd finished a show) up to Hamilton, Ontario in order to take up residency in Toronto for a week for sold out shows at the Air Canada Centre. But a routine, short flight was not smooth flying -- upon landing in Hamilton, amidst severe weather and slick runway conditions, the band's Boeing 707 overshot the runway and skidded into the mud. Everyone on board was OK - no injuries. But it was a bit of a scare for all. Everyone deplaned and the show in Toronto went on as planned last night (Saturday, January 21st.) Check out the KICK ASS SET LIST:

LAST MAN STANDING
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD
RUNAWAY
JUST OLDER
COMPLICATED
BORN TO BE MY BABY
THE STORY OF MY LIFE
WILD IS THE WIND
NOVOCAINE
I WON'T BACK DOWN (Tom Petty cover)
HAVE A NICE DAY
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
IT'S MY LIFE
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (acoustic)
BLAZE OF GLORY (acoustic)
BED OF ROSES (acoustic)
BAD MEDICINE
RAISE YOUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

encores:
WELCOME TO WHEREVER YOU ARE
BLOOD ON BLOOD
KEEP THE FAITH
TREAT HER RIGHT
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

Again, Toronto - thank you for your hospitality! It was an incredible night and good to know that despite a scary landing, the band, their staff and the flight crew are all AOK, safe, sound, healthy. Toronto has 3 more shows coming!

—----------------------------------------
BON JOVI: TORONTO, Round #2

(Tuesday, January 24, 2006)
BON JOVI took over the Air Canada Center in TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA last nite (January 23rd) for the 2nd of 4 sold-out shows in the city. Check out another incredible set list from a great concert!:

LAST MAN STANDING
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
COMPLICATED
WILD IN THE STREETS
THE STORY OF MY LIFE
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD
RUNAWAY
BORN TO BE MY BABY
THE RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT
LIVING IN SIN
I WON'T BACK DOWN (Tom Petty song)
HAVE A NICE DAY
IT'S MY LIFE
ALWAYS (acoustic)
BAD MEDICINE
RAISE YOUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

encores:
CAPTAIN CRASH & THE BEAUTY QUEEN FROM MARS
SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT
JUST OLDER
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

BON JOVI: Night #3 in TORONTO

(Wednesday, January 25, 2006)
BON JOVI wrapped up a 3-night stand in Toronto (the 4th sold out show will be at the end of this month) with a great show last night (January 24th) - check out the set list:

LAST MAN STANDING
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
COMPLICATED
WILD IN THE STREETS
THE STORY OF MY LIFE
EVERYDAY
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD
BORN TO BE MY BABY
JUST OLDER
BELLS OF FREEDOM
HAVE A NICE DAY
IT'S MY LIFE
SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT (acoustic)
BED OF ROSES (acoustic)
BAD MEDICINE
RAISE YOUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

encores:
LAST CIGARETTE
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
HEROES (David Bowie cover)
BOUNCE
RUNAWAY
TREAT HER RIGHT

BON JOVI -#4 of 4 Shows in Toronto
(Jan 31)
BON JOVI performed the last of four sold-out shows on the Have A Nice Day tour in Toronto, Ontario. Here then is the final set list from T.O.:

LAST MAN STANDING
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
CAPTAIN CRASH & THE BEAUTY QUEEN FROM MARS
WILD IN THE STREETS
STORY OF MY LIFE
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD
BORN TO BE MY BABY
JUST OLDER
I WANT TO BE LOVED
HAVE A NICE DAY
IT'S MY LIFE
BED OF ROSES (acoustic)
KEEP THE FAITH
RAISE YOUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

encores:
IN THESE ARMS
BAD MEDICINE
SHOUT
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

Thank you Toronto for your hospitality and for greeting the band each night with such love.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Separated at birth?

Diamondjimi
01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Not a Jovi fan but I would've gone last night if I got a free ticket too. Only reason being that I know a couple of guys in the opening band "The Room". Lucky bastages won a contest on Q107 to open up. They've been at it for years. Good to see them get a break !
Lots of Cougartang there I bet !

thome
01-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Jon bon jovi could you ask for a cooler name

If you gonna ba a Rokker..?

Diamondjimi
01-31-2006, 04:46 PM
A cooler name ?

Duke Fame >>>>>>Spinal Tap

Diamondjimi
01-31-2006, 04:57 PM

Dave's Bitch
01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
I LOVE BON JOVI

i wanted to go see him this year but it costs ALOT

Take 'Em
01-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by thome
Jon bon jovi could you ask for a cooler name

If you gonna ba a Rokker..?

Eddie Van Halen?

LoungeMachine
01-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
A cooler name ?

Duke Fame >>>>>>Spinal Tap

What a wanker.

But he did sell out the Enormo Dome ;)

DLR_EngineRoom
01-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Lots of Cougartang there I bet !

oh ho ho DJ!.......there was a PLENTY cougartang everywhere, and there were also other ladies of all ages....kinda like a female circus..

had everything from 18 to 50...I dunno where they hide themselves the rest of the year, but when a hard rock concert hits town, ROCKER CHICKS come out to play, and ROCKER CHICKS RULE!!!

A friend of mine and his P.R. girlfriend snuck back to the hotel they were staying at, ended up sitting 2 tables away (20 feet) from the band's 'private party' that was just roped off from the rest of the bar/restaurant.

Perhaps if I'd be a female I'd be more flattered, but yeah, Jon waived at me.

Say what you want, but when a famous musician is within throw's reach, the feeling is magical, in all seriousness. Couldn't believe it.

Take 'Em
01-31-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm all for a good "Ass Parade" any day.

Especially recently divorced Rocker Chicks that reliving their youth at the Concert, all dolled up for the big show.

It's like going fishin' at the trout farm. Almost not even fair.

MILF Fucking Central.........

DLR_EngineRoom
01-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Takeem5
I'm all for a good "Ass Parade" any day.

Especially recently divorced Rocker Chicks that reliving their youth at the Concert, all dolled up for the big show.

It's like going fishin' at the trout farm. Almost not even fair.

MILF Fucking Central.........

You betcha!

Cougars and MILFs!
Cougars and MILFs!
I'm gonna get me some
Cougars and MILFs!

My motto is: If she's hot, age matters NOT!

Take 'Em
01-31-2006, 09:05 PM
As the old saying goes:

"They don't yell and they don't tell, and then their grateful as hell. So ,give me an older woman every time."

Terry
01-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Cool that you had a good time, but I still have no use for Bon Jovi...

...disagree that they went down the same road to suckitude as Leppard, though; Bon Jovi sucked from day one, so it wasn't a case of them being cool and then stinking later on.

LoungeMachine
01-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Cool that you had a good time, but I still have no use for Bon Jovi...

Ahh, Terry.....but you're so wrong.

I use Bon Jovi Cds as coasters.

I use the jewel boxes to hide things [no one would ever actually open them]

I use his posters for target practice, and anytime I'm down in the dumps, and need a good laugh, I just open the j-card and read the lyrics.

Many good uses for Bon Jovi.

It's a good thing. :cool:

David Lee Rocks
01-31-2006, 10:29 PM
I saw the show here In Dallas two weeks ago, It was awesome!! 25 songs, 2 and a half hours, great show, saw Aerosmith last weekend, they only played 15 songs I think, in a little over 90 minutes, they were great, but I think Bon Jovi was a little better

Rebel
02-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Not my fav band, but they are a damn good one. They still put out good music, catchy as hell.

As far as them "selling out", not like the guys were ever really "hardcore" IMO anyway.

They know what they do well, and they do it. And they play their ass off live, can't complain about that at all.

DrMaddVibe
02-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Bon Jovi...good?

You're retarded.

Every hit song written by Desmond Child.

Same formula.

You didn't want to liken them to Def Leppard but...they're almost the same type band.

"Have A Nice Day"? WTF a preschooler could craft better lyrics!

I'll pass...and thankfully have every time they come to town.

Free ticket? My time is worth more than that free ticket. Glad you had "fun", but I'm not buying it.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 06:56 AM
And the starter of this thread cuntplains about the nazi-jokes of the site. Ha-ha!!!

This kind of threads make the site look a lot worse, like a cheesy pop site.

Now which is worse, a site with a sense of humour AND especially sarcasm, or a cheesy pop site?

HUMMM...

~BEERS!!!

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 06:58 AM
If Bon Jovi were chicks, or even less gay, this thread might suit The Dump well!

BOTTOM fish BANANAS

This thread is sad, but funnee in it's own way. uhuhuhuhuhuhu

DavidLeeNatra
02-01-2006, 07:31 AM
so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcoooooooome to whereevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah you are.... :D

Warham
02-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

I use his posters for target practice, and anytime I'm down in the dumps, and need a good laugh, I just open the j-card and read the lyrics.

So you are their ex-bass player, huh?

Bob_R
02-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Typical Army bullshit. A member starts a thread and he gets bashed for his tastes. You guys think you're tough because you can't be seen and you can talk tough thru the Internet.

If you guys went out drinking one night with Bon Jovi you'd probably get more pussy than you've had your entire life. Then you wouldn't mind him huh? Most of the stuff I've read in this thread is just juevnile jealous dribble.

Acceptance is the key to life kids. And, sometimes the truth hurts. Bon Jovi is a milion times more popular than Van Halen. With or without Roth!

Bon Jovi puts on a great show by the way. The whole tour is completely sold out.

I took my wife to the Jersey show just before X-Mas.

If you don't like them fine. But, there's alot worse music to listen too.

Glad you had a good time DLR_EngineRoom.

Warham
02-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Yup.

DLR_EngineRoom
02-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
And the starter of this thread cuntplains about the nazi-jokes of the site. Ha-ha!!!

Now which is worse, a site with a sense of humour AND especially sarcasm, or a cheesy pop site?

HUMMM...

~BEERS!!!

let's ask the Toastmaster himself what he prefers, shall we GA?

pro-nazis that pretend to be pro-Dave - which include nasty little shitfucks that joke about the holocaust and the 'n' word on a site dedicated to rocks biggest humanitarian...

or

people that post threads about music they enjoy, race-free

I'll even go as far as daring you to send good ol' Dave a link to this thread, or better yet, a link to the romper room. hell, set up an interview between flappo and Diamond Dave, we'll see how that Jewboy Roth reacts........pick a window

DLR_EngineRoom
02-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Typical Army bullshit. A member starts a thread and he gets bashed for his tastes. You guys think you're tough because you can't be seen and you can talk tough thru the Internet.

If you guys went out drinking one night with Bon Jovi you'd probably get more pussy than you've had your entire life. Then you wouldn't mind him huh? Most of the stuff I've read in this thread is just juevnile jealous dribble.

Acceptance is the key to life kids. And, sometimes the truth hurts. Bon Jovi is a milion times more popular than Van Halen. With or without Roth!

Bon Jovi puts on a great show by the way. The whole tour is completely sold out.

Thanks, EVH Fanatic!

It's members like you that keep me still optimistic about this site.

Open-minded and race-free........5 stars comin' your way...

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 11:41 AM

Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, The Eagles etc. are/have been way more popular than Van Halen too, it's no secret.

It's also possible to find a lot of pussy without being into cheesy pussy ballads and really tough rock - I bet the members on Bon Jovi have scored a lot of pussee but now they have families, and their music is about falling in love, starting families and saving the world. Wow. Just like that band who had the hit single DREAMS.

And how many of you fans get to go out drinking with Bon Jovi and score a lot of pussee...ahahahahah. Do they even drink anymore.

So only thing a lot worse than the wuss playing in Bon Jovi is the guy standing in the audience, with a tear in his eye...ahahahah

I would like to know if Richie Sambora can write any really good stuff though.

And yeah, this is a discussion board. All opinions, also the bashing ones are allowed, discussions include arguing about things, bands and opinions. Don't be such a crybaby if everybody doesn't like your favorite band.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom

pro-nazis that pretend to be pro-Dave - which include nasty little shitfucks that joke about the holocaust and the 'n' word on a site dedicated to rocks biggest humanitarian...

or

I'll even go as far as daring you to send good ol' Dave a link to this thread, or better yet, a link to the romper room. hell, set up an interview between flappo and Diamond Dave, we'll see how that Jewboy Roth reacts........pick a window

do it

"PRO-NAZIS"

you really, seriously think a guy who posts a dancing hitler is a nazi?

get a life

that has got to be the funniest thing i've heard...ahahahahahah

you have to be able to make fun of everything and anything, or you should not make fun of anything

i dare you, e-mail anyone you want

and btw, who's Dave?

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks, EVH Fanatic!

It's members like you that keep me still optimistic about this site.

Open-minded and race-free........5 stars comin' your way...

You really sound open-minded if you can't even handle a few racist jokes or pics

DLR_EngineRoom
02-01-2006, 11:47 AM
And yeah, this is a discussion board. All opinions, also the bashing ones are allowed, discussions include arguing about things, bands and opinions. Don't be such a crybaby if everybody doesn't like your favorite band.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

"...and if you were even remotely anti-semitic, you were under my wheels, motherfucker..."

- David Lee Roth from his 1997 book 'Crazy From The Heat'

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 11:51 AM

and yesss

the fact that someone doesn't appreciate cheesy pop bands like Jon Bovi doesn't mean you have to start cuntparing coch sizes

(mine's bigger anyway)

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
"...and if you were even remotely anti-semitic, you were under my wheels, motherfucker..."

- David Lee Roth from his 1997 book 'Crazy From The Heat'

who's david lee roth?

what has jon bovi got to do with jews?

Sarge's Little Helper
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
who's david lee roth?

Diamond Dave is the supreme Toastmaster General of the immoral majority.. the King of Any and All Things Rock n\' Roll. Bar none he is the greatest Frontman in Rock n Roll History!

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
Diamond Dave is the supreme Toastmaster General of the immoral majority.. the King of Any and All Things Rock n\' Roll. Bar none he is the greatest Frontman in Rock n Roll History!

didn't help much :confused:

Jérôme Frenchise
02-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Cool tale, Engine Room. :cool:

I'm no fan, but I used to have BJ's first two albums back in 1987 - not that shameful, as VH had just been fagarized, and well, when you're 16-17...
I used to dig "Wanted dead or alive", above all the rest. Such a damn cool song. I got rid of both tapes as soon as I got "Skyscraper".

DLR_EngineRoom
02-01-2006, 12:00 PM
who's david lee roth?

HUMMM...

~BEERS!!!

I believe you answered your own question there, GA!

and yeah, I was complaining about the nazi so-called jokes on this site. Which is alot more merciful than what Dave woulda done had he have seen you defending the racist shit, not to mention flappo's hatred toward Dave's parents....

you brought this nazi thing up first, and you've answered your own question....

Bob_R
02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, The Eagles etc. are/have been way more popular than Van Halen too, it's no secret.

It's also possible to find a lot of pussy without being into cheesy pussy ballads and really tough rock - I bet the members on Bon Jovi have scored a lot of pussee but now they have families, and their music is about falling in love, starting families and saving the world. Wow. Just like that band who had the hit single DREAMS.

And how many of you fans get to go out drinking with Bon Jovi and score a lot of pussee...ahahahahah. Do they even drink anymore.

So only thing a lot worse than the wuss playing in Bon Jovi is the guy standing in the audience, with a tear in his eye...ahahahah

I would like to know if Richie Sambora can write any really good stuff though.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

ACHTUNG!!

Sorry I hit a nerve dude. You missed my whole point.

Have a nice day! :)

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 12:10 PM

and yeah, I was complaining about the nazi so-called jokes on this site. Which is alot more merciful than what Dave woulda done had he have seen you defending the racist shit, not to mention flappo's hatred toward Dave's parents....

GOOD JOB, SHERLOCK!!!

jon bovi is a crappy musician , but also a jew? bluddy hell

i wish you wouldn't start cuntparing coch sizes as well, we're here to discuss issues

you making threats about kicking ass, or evh_fanatic making threads, include violence - that sounds a lot worse than jokes about ww2, führer or admiration of luftwaffe to me!

GERTCHA .

Ahahahaha...now what about this bon jovi logo? this is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
ACHTUNG!!

Sorry I hit a nerve dude. You missed my whole point.

Have a nice day! :)

you never had a point, it was simple really, someone didn't like your fav band and you got pissed off

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 12:16 PM
OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 12:18 PM
i do agree on one thing with you guys

jon bovi do care about their fans

unlike dave, members of the jon bovi might really visit a website dedicated to them

so who's living in a dreamland? :)

thome
02-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I have a friend who lived in Germany an Lemmi tell you something
if you think U2 is the biggest band in the world, your wrong, it's Bon Jovi.
No BS, these sumbitches fill Gargando soccer stadiums with 200,000
people all day long.Everywhere all over the world they are the biggest
of the biggest.I couldn't really get to the nitty gritty but this lady
said most women she knew were thinkin Richie was hotter than
Jon. I was like, no sh!t, she was like, yeah( feigning interest in a womans
conversation is Mondo Importante)'.

I'm telling you they are bigger than Hasslehoff, amazing........

I think some of their music is good I may have seen them in the 80s
and they may have rocked at some, big show? I'd go see them..

:)

DLR_EngineRoom
02-01-2006, 01:06 PM

unlike dave, members of the jon bovi might really visit a website dedicated to them

oh I see......ok...

so as long as Dave doesn't visit this site, anti-semitic remarks and hitler pics and the 'n' word are OK, 'cause bottom line, Dave's just a kike anyway, right GA? who gives a shit about Dave, this is a pro-Dave site musically speaking, but not Jew speaking, right? Great.

and I didn't say shit about nazis or hitler or Jews or the 'n' word or racist shit or anything of the sort on this thread. You brought it up. The comparison between nazi 'jokes' on this site and this thread weren't the least bit necessary, but hey, since when does anyone on this site need a reason to ridicule a filthy kike like me or Dave?
Well, of course not!

have members calling Dave at the radio station sayin' 'Hey Dave, visit our site @ Roth Army.com!'

pfft......why? so you can gfb finish him off too?

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 01:26 PM
oh I see......ok...

so as long as Dave doesn't visit this site, anti-semitic remarks and hitler pics and the 'n' word are OK, 'cause bottom line, Dave's just a kike anyway, right GA? who gives a shit about Dave, this is a pro-Dave site musically speaking, but not Jew speaking, right? Great.

and I didn't say shit about nazis or hitler or Jews or the 'n' word or racist shit or anything of the sort on this thread. You brought it up. The comparison between nazi 'jokes' on this site and this thread weren't the least bit necessary, but hey, since when does anyone on this site need a reason to ridicule a filthy kike like me or Dave?
Well, of course not!

have members calling Dave at the radio station sayin' 'Hey Dave, visit our site @ Roth Army.com!'

pfft......why? so you can gfb finish him off too?

i only talked about sarcasm in the (nazi) jokes, and laugh at you taking them seriously, and you started threatening about someone/dave kicking my ass, that's the funnee point, ahahahah

we have a frontline for the politics, and the dump for our blitzkrieg threads, and the threads are mostly there

now if you seriously suggest that saying something like "prepare the ovens!" or posting a pic of dancing hitler in some thread in the main is too offensive, i say you're out of your mind and a bit dumb

maybe, IF dave was reading the site, and there's a joke like that, he'd think the poster's not funny, or he's an idiot, instead of blaming the site, have you thought about that? people are entitled to have opinions, and the site being very free is why it's THE GRATEST in the web

you have a chance to report posts to us mods and webbies, if you see a post you don't like, report it, or post a thread in the feedback, instead of suggesting something insane like this later on, just because YOU think something doesn't fit here

show me/us the post, threads you thought were offensive

and no, dave still hasn't visited this site

and yesss, sarcasm and joking about everything IS better than a cheesy pop site

Bob_R
02-01-2006, 01:40 PM
you never had a point, it was simple really, someone didn't like your fav band and you got pissed off

Nah, you just don't get it. Next time I'll type slower for ya!

Relax. Go outside and play with your rotweiller! :)

DLR_EngineRoom
02-01-2006, 02:07 PM
i only talked about sarcasm in the (nazi) jokes, and laugh at you taking them seriously, and you started threatening about someone/dave kicking my ass, that's the funnee point, ahahahah

we have a frontline for the politics, and the dump for our blitzkrieg threads, and the threads are mostly there

now if you seriously suggest that saying something like "prepare the ovens!" or posting a pic of dancing hitler in some thread in the main is too offensive, i say you're out of your mind and a bit dumb

maybe, IF dave was reading the site, and there's a joke like that, he'd think the poster's not funny, or he's an idiot, instead of blaming the site, have you thought about that? people are entitled to have opinions, and the site being very free is why it's THE GRATEST in the web

you have a chance to report posts to us mods and webbies, if you see a post you don't like, report it, or post a thread in the feedback, instead of suggesting something insane like this later on, just because YOU think something doesn't fit here

show me/us the post, threads you thought were offensive

and no, dave still hasn't visited this site

and yesss, sarcasm and joking about everything IS better than a cheesy pop site

why on gawd's green earth would I report a post or thread when you yourself, a mod, said that 'oven' jokes are not considered offensive and you yourself post pro-hitler pics like the 'have a nice day' with the hitler moustache? how can you say that you'd even want Dave to come to this site, or even profess that this is a Dave fan site, or even profess to being a Dave fan yourself? You can't, and no site that allows racism and/or anti-semitism can in any way, shape or form be considered a pro-Dave site.

It would be one thing not to tolerate racism on a site dedicated to a humanitarian like Dave (who's done more than Bono and Lennon put together) and actually issue warnings or ban people with repeated racist slurs and/or pics.

It's another thing to see it happen, and say nothing.

And it's a completely different story when the Mods themselves actually post racist and anti-semitic stuff - then to add to it - profess to being huge Roth fans!

How you don't see that as being the very definition of hypocritical, I have no clue.

Sarcasm and joking is fine, even at Bon Jovi - everyone has their opinions....but racism on a Roth fan site?

no excuse without being a hypocrite.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Nah, you just don't get it. Next time I'll type slower for ya!

Relax. Go outside and play with your rotweiller! :)

i understood you so well you ran out of arguments

i'm better than i thought!

DavidLeeNatra
02-01-2006, 02:26 PM
you are all fags...

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
why on gawd's green earth would I report a post or thread when you yourself, a mod, said that 'oven' jokes are not considered offensive and you yourself post pro-hitler pics like the 'have a nice day' with the hitler moustache? how can you say that you'd even want Dave to come to this site, or even profess that this is a Dave fan site, or even profess to being a Dave fan yourself? You can't, and no site that allows racism and/or anti-semitism can in any way, shape or form be considered a pro-Dave site.

It would be one thing not to tolerate racism on a site dedicated to a humanitarian like Dave (who's done more than Bono and Lennon put together) and actually issue warnings or ban people with repeated racist slurs and/or pics.

It's another thing to see it happen, and say nothing.

And it's a completely different story when the Mods themselves actually post racist and anti-semitic stuff - then to add to it - profess to being huge Roth fans!

How you don't see that as being the very definition of hypocritical, I have no clue.

Sarcasm and joking is fine, even at Bon Jovi - everyone has their opinions....but racism on a Roth fan site?

no excuse without being a hypocrite.

i don't really care if dave cums here or not, i have all his albums and that's all that matters

roth was a by-product of the grate music the guys created

i mod the dump only, not the whole army, but you are right, there are others here who have a sense of humour too, they understand the hitler moustache used for purposes such as FUN and FILTH (some of the things that made VH so grate btw) and would probably laugh at you

i do still say you should show the mods and webbies where you thought someone crossed a line, and let them decide - if you can't do that, do you think the whining will do any good?

btw, save the humanitarian shite for the nobel event

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
you are all fags...

true

some just fags, some others fags with a sense of humour

flappo
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM

or

i'll happily take dave on any fakkin day

:)

you obv. never heard of moi

:D

Coyote
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
(mine's bigger anyway)

BOLLOCKS!

flappo
02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
yeah , i'm anti-simetic and pro nazi

that's why i post pictures of hitler wanking

nuff said..

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
BOLLOCKS!

Originally posted by flappo
yeah , i'm anti-simetic and pro nazi

that's why i post pictures of hitler wanking

nuff said..

double HA!!!

Jérôme Frenchise
02-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't think that GA needs an advocate, but I will add my comment, so that any readers would not mistake him for who he is not:

- Golden Awe is no extremist, except as far as humour; many of us here have great times thanks to that, but some will not get what he is about, either because of different or less wide sense of humour, precisely;

- oven jokes aren't the best ones as far as taste, but there's no doubt that coming from GA they can't be intentionally bad. I mean, I can understand why you won't find any racist joke funny, if for some reason or other you simply can't laugh.

- the main function of humour is cathartic - you laugh about what bugs you, or to undo and ridicule facts of life or wrong behaviours or thoughts. That said, you can choose or feel unable to find a racist joke funny, but it doesn't mean that the joker is racist himself.
Then you can argue that even in that case, the author of the jokes not being racist will not prevent real racists from using them in order to serve their "cause". I say all right.

- a few months ago, GA told about the presence of a svatiska on the planes of the Finnish army, and there was nothing wrong in his words - except maybe a few jokes that not everybody can laugh about; whatever the reasons, I regret they can't, but I respect it, of course. Then there were the "racist jokes" in the Dump: once again, it was only for the sake of fun, and nothing else.
OK, joking about topics like racism can be seen as questionable, if you consider jokes will be misinterpreted by actual dumb racists, or it can hurt some people who think it is nothing to laugh about. But it's unfair to state that GA can be serious about it, for we all know it well here that it's wrong.
Just check out the "racism" thread, or the John the shitty fag Holmes related threads in Non, you'll see that GA was always among the harsher and most insisting members who kept bashing a sinister racist trio.
I don't understand how a long-time member can honestly accuse GA on such a ground, really.

Coyote
02-01-2006, 03:56 PM
double HA!!!

That's what you hear when you drop trou amongst women... :hitch:

flappo
02-01-2006, 03:59 PM

wtf you talking aboot ??

hatred towards dave's parents ???

WTF ???

flappo
02-01-2006, 04:00 PM
no wonder grimsdale and cato think you're a dumbfuck

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
I don't think that GA needs an advocate, but I will add my comment, so that any readers would not mistake him for who he is not:

- Golden Awe is no extremist, except as far as humour; many of us here have great times thanks to that, but some will not get what he is about, either because of different or less wide sense of humour, precisely;

- oven jokes aren't the best ones as far as taste, but there's no doubt that coming from GA they can't be intentionally bad. I mean, I can understand why you won't find any racist joke funny, if for some reason or other you simply can't laugh.

- the main function of humour is cathartic - you laugh about what bugs you, or to undo and ridicule facts of life or wrong behaviours or thoughts. That said, you can choose or feel unable to find a racist joke funny, but it doesn't mean that the joker is racist himself.
Then you can argue that even in that case, the author of the jokes not being racist will not prevent real racists from using them in order to serve their "cause". I say all right.

- a few months ago, GA told about the presence of a svatiska on the planes of the Finnish army, and there was nothing wrong in his words - except maybe a few jokes that not everybody can laugh about; whatever the reasons, I regret they can't, but I respect it, of course. Then there were the "racist jokes" in the Dump: once again, it was only for the sake of fun, and nothing else.
OK, joking about topics like racism can be seen as questionable, if you consider jokes will be misinterpreted by actual dumb racists, or it can hurt some people who think it is nothing to laugh about. But it's unfair to state that GA can be serious about it, for we all know it well here that it's wrong.
Just check out the "racism" thread, or the John the shitty fag Holmes related threads in Non, you'll see that GA was always among the harsher and most insisting members who kept bashing a sinister racist trio.
I don't understand how a long-time member can honestly accuse GA on such a ground, really.

"i demand to see a lawyer - preferably a female nudie one!"

the dump is the place for our art, and we like to keep it there, but mostly because other forums cuntsist too many humourless kants like these jon bovi fans

the problem and the difference with john holmes was that he wasn't funny.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
That's what you hear when you drop trou amongst women... :hitch:

ahahahah

i hope to test that this friday!

(i better turn the lights off)

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by flappo
wtf you talking aboot ??

hatred towards dave's parents ???

WTF ???

hey flappo, it must be true

"10000000000 fans can't be wrong"

Coyote
02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
ahahahah

i hope to test that this friday!

(i better turn the lights off)

Just remember not to use your fingers first. She might be confused by the sheer size of your...

thumb. :D

Northern Girl
02-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Like whatever music you like, and don't give a flying fuck what anyone else has to say about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all!

DLR-ER and EVH Fanatic have got balls, baby!! Cheers!!

BTW...I saw Bon Jovi Friday night and the audience was 50/50 female/male...;)

flappo
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM

uhuhuh

so very very true

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Like whatever music you like, and don't give a flying fuck what anyone else has to say about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all!

DLR-ER and EVH Fanatic have got balls, baby!! Cheers!!

BTW...I saw Bon Jovi Friday night and the audience was 50/50 female/male...;)

they've got balls alright

it takes a true man to be forced into a jon bovi cuntcert and then hang around there with all the other turds under their wives thumb

Bob_R
02-01-2006, 04:43 PM
they've got balls alright

it takes a true man to be forced into a jon bovi cuntcert and then hang around there with all the other turds under their wives thumb

You're talking stupidity again man.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
You're talking stupidity again man.

the truth hurts, eh?

Northern Girl
02-01-2006, 05:08 PM
They've got balls, because they aren't afraid to say Bon Jovi's all right knowing full well that every other Bon Jovi thread at this site is started with the sole purpose of a circle jerk, so you can all feel like big men because you joined the crowd saying they suck or they're gay. Why else do you do it? There's plenty of threads here about bands I can't stand, I don't feel the least bit compelled to jump into everyone to say they suck. I couldn't care less what other people like.

It takes balls to go against the grain around here, greatly evidenced in this thread, I'd say.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:18 PM
"go against the ground"

there's no war here, there are bands that make good music and there are bands that make bad music

pretty much every music thread has opinions for and against, but for some reason jon bovi fans are so sensitive that if you bash the band it's always something very evil

ahahah

you know what takes balls? to tell a woman you love "i will not go to this cuntcert with you"

also, if you're with a grate person, she/he doesn't force you to cuntcerts you don't really like

Warham
02-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Anybody that complains about Bon Jovi but yet doesn't have a problem with listening to some stuff on Dave's 1994 album have no room to talk.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Anybody that complains about Bon Jovi but yet doesn't have a problem with listening to some stuff on Dave's 1994 album have no room to talk.

sorry honey, i will not go to a jon bovi cuntcert with you

didn't mean to hurt your feelings but hey, crocodile's tears

Warham
02-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Talk's tough when you are complaining about Bon Jovi while listening to Dave do a duet with Travis Tritt.

I don't even care really. I've never owned an album of theirs.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Talk's tough when you are complaining about Bon Jovi while listening to Dave do a duet with Travis Tritt.

I don't even care really. I've never owned an album of theirs.

Who's listening to a Dave duet with travis tritt?

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:27 PM
"Now as you close your eyes
Know I'll be thinking about you
While my mistress she calls me
To stand in her spotlight again
Tonite I won't be alone
But you know that don't
Mean I'm not lonely I've got nothing to prove
For it's you that I'd die to defend

I want to lay you down in a bed of roses
For tonite I sleep on a bed of nails
I want to be just as close as the Holy Ghost is
And lay you down on a bed of roses"

oh i'm moved alright!

Warham
02-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Who's listening to a Dave duet with travis tritt?

People in this thread. They'll fucking bend over and grab their ankles for anything Dave does, including duets with run-of-the-mill country music stars, but then they rip on some bubblegum artist like BJ.

It doesn't matter in the end. At least the guys going to the BJ concerts see some hot ass. How many chicks that see Dave in concert are under 40?

(no slight to the women here)

Warham
02-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Seeing if you can score with some hot chicks at a concert. Sounds like something Cato wouldn't have any interest in. He's too busy staying at home burning bootlegs.

Northern Girl
02-01-2006, 05:36 PM
there are bands that make good music and there are bands that make bad music

Good or bad is subjective; it's your opinion. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they suck or people that like them suck. I'm sure I don't like music that you do. Does that mean that that music sucks?

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Good or bad is subjective; it's your opinion. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they suck or people that like them suck. I'm sure I don't like music that you do. Does that mean that that music sucks?

pretty much every music thread has opinions for and against, but for some reason jon bovi fans are so sensitive that if you bash the band it's always something very evil

Bob_R
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
the truth hurts, eh?

Nah, you still never comprehened my first post from this AM. :rolleyes:

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
People in this thread. They'll fucking bend over and grab their ankles for anything Dave does, including duets with run-of-the-mill country music stars, but then they rip on some bubblegum artist like BJ.

It doesn't matter in the end. At least the guys going to the BJ concerts see some hot ass. How many chicks that see Dave in concert are under 40?

i don't see travis tritt fans in this argument really.

there's some hot ass in right places anyway - no need to pay expensive tickets to see hot asses.

Warham
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I think Dave fans can be acused of the same thing, GA.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Seeing if you can score with some hot chicks at a concert. Sounds like something Cato wouldn't have any interest in. He's too busy staying at home burning bootlegs.

i prefer going after chicks during festivals, there it's not so bad if you miss a band or two

Warham
02-01-2006, 05:43 PM
there's some hot ass in right places anyway - no need to pay expensive tickets to see hot asses.

Well, you're right about that. I see quite a bit at work every day.

Warham
02-01-2006, 05:44 PM
i prefer going after chicks during festivals, there it's not so bad if you miss a band or two

ah yes, a perfect time to grab a chick...or two...or three...

:p

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I think Dave fans can be acused of the same thing, GA.

pretty many of them, yesss.

Golden AWe
02-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Nah, you still never comprehened my first post from this AM. :rolleyes:

your fault then.

Bob_R
02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
your fault then.

OK whatever.

Have a nice day! errr.. I mean Good night! :D

Diamondjimi
02-01-2006, 08:56 PM
What a wanker.

But he did sell out the Enormo Dome ;)

:lol:

Dirty Duck
02-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Please wake me up from this thread...

I"m having this weird dream where people actually think

Bon Jovi is cool....

I'm bustin chops.

But I STILL aint no fan...

BigBadBrian
02-03-2006, 11:25 AM

Jealous, huh? :)

BigBadBrian
02-03-2006, 11:31 AM
OK, so let me start by saying that about a month or so ago, I said in a post that Bon Jovi had gone down the same road as Def Leppard - which means they now suck.

Well, after seeing 'em last nite, I retract those statements entirely.

Bon Jovi isn't in the same sucky league that Def Lep are in.

Glad you had a good time at the concert. :)

I agree...listen to the music you want and to hell with what everyone else thinks.

Anyway, I introduced my son to his first rock concert a few years back at a Def Leppard show. We had good seats and we both had a good time. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks.

We've gone to several concerts together since.

At least I got him listening to rock instead of some of that other crap out there. :D

Shaun Ponsonby
02-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I said in a post that Bon Jovi had gone down the same road as Def Leppard - which means they now suck.

Bon Jovi now suck? They've always sucked. A LOT. OF ASS.

Casemeister
02-08-2006, 08:04 AM

Tritt is very cool. He's one of the few country artists out there who understands and appreciates the artists who came before him (Waylon, Cash, Willie, Hank Sr and Jr, George Jones, etc).

Travis Tritt is one of the coolest country artists around today.

mako_kimura
02-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I find it ironic that you find Bon Jovi gay, but if you ever listen to Dave's solo stuff, some of it sounds a lot like an average Bon Jovi song. I really don't care what any of you people think, I like 80's Bon Jovi, and whoever don't like it can kiss my ass