PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Ford says Indiana Jones 4 "on the front burner"...

Hardrock69
02-02-2006, 01:44 AM
He was on Jay Leno last night....and Jay asked him if we were ever gonna see Indy Jones 4, and Harrison thought for a moment and then just said "Yes. Uhhhhhh....it's on the front burner...".

And I heard on the 2nd Stern show a clip of George Lucas where he said his immediate focus was Indiana Jones.

I wanna see the Road Warrior film "Fury Road", but I am not sure Mel Gibson will decide to do it. At one point an announcement was made that they were working on a good script, and then I heard nothing....

http://www.starseeker.com/films/madmax4.htm

bueno bob
02-02-2006, 06:45 AM
I won't see "Fury Road" without Mel Gibson...the Mad Max story needs to be ended correctly, either with Max's death or him going back home to...well, something rewarding. Tina Turner seeing Max off was, ahem, ill-advised at best...not a most triumphant follow up to The Road Warrior...

Hopefully George Miller's got something going on with this...the world could REALLY use a good Mad Max movie right about now.

However, in regards to Indy 4, I could care less. IMO, the franchise has ran it's course and there's nothing left to do with it. Other than maybe have him get married, settle down, retire and pass the business on to his kids or something...and then FOLLOW his kids, not Grandpa Jones with the pierced ear...what is Harrison now, 70? Close to? A wee bit past his prime for another Indiana Jones romp, I think...

Maybe, but the script had better be FUCKING OUTSTANDING...Last Crusade was a disappointment to me, worse the ToD - although Sean Connery killed...and ToD was worse than RotLA...but it still makes it a franchise that gets worse with each sequel, not better...

All IMO only, but I've thought since I was a kid that Indy was best done as a stand-alone single movie called "Raiders of the Lost Ark"...no better entry than that...never will be...and I hate thinking that the whole series (which stands on thin ice for me as is) will be totally butchered by a bad 4th entry - which will make me hate the wholke damn thing ten times more...

I'm hesitant.

bastardog
02-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Both movies sounds like Rocky VI to me...

Jimmy Jingles
02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I love Indy!!!

I want that midget Asian from 'Temple of Doom' back as well.

Hardrock69
02-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Fuck Temple Of Doom.

I bought the Indiana Jones Trilogy just to get Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Indiana Jones & The Final crusade.

I still have not watched Temple Of Doom on DVD, nor do I intend to for the rest of my life.

That said, how in the fuck can you make a better story than A) THE Ark Of The Covenant (basically having the power of God as your co-star) or B) Having Sean Connery as your co-star in a tale of the search for one of most sought-after religious artifacts of the past 2,000 years??

No way.

They may as well write a story about Indiana's race against the Nazi's to find the 10,000-year-old Ultimate Buttplug Of The Ancients or some shit.

There is still a lot of story left to tell about Mad Max though...

bastardog
02-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Yes....he can still fuck Tina Turner...........count my money out of that movie revenues

Jimmy Jingles
02-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Fuck Temple Of Doom.

I bought the Indiana Jones Trilogy just to get Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Indiana Jones & The Final crusade.

I still have not watched Temple Of Doom on DVD, nor do I intend to for the rest of my life.

That said, how in the fuck can you make a better story than A) THE Ark Of The Covenant (basically having the power of God as your co-star) or B) Having Sean Connery as your co-star in a tale of the search for one of most sought-after religious artifacts of the past 2,000 years??

No way.

They may as well write a story about Indiana's race against the Nazi's to find the 10,000-year-old Ultimate Buttplug Of The Ancients or some shit.

I never said I actually liked Temple of Doom...I just liked the Asian midget. I agree that film reeked of ass. Raiders and Last Crusade were the shit for me. I must have saw Raiders about 20 or 30 times in the theater when it first came out. Fucking kick ass!!!

I will be honest and say that I never really got into the Mad Max stuff. I think I have only seen the first one and that was many years ago.

fe_lung
02-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Kill me then, I like Temple of Doom. Not as much as the other two, but I loved it as a kid and still enjoy it now. It does have a high cheese factor, but I'm ok with that. To this day whenever someone calls a person mister my first instinct is to shout "Hey, you call him Dr. Jones - DOLL!"

I'm totally on board for Indy 4 (but it should be the last) especially if they have Connery as well.

Matt White
02-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I can see the marquee now...

"INDIANA JONES & THE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY OF GLOOM"

No need to ever see anything other than RAIDERS.....

Of course...I'm a guy with a bachellors in History...and a minor in Anthropology....I was obsessed...what can I say.....:D

ULTRAMAN VH
02-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Harrison's career has been smoldering a bit, guess he figures going back to basics with a new Indi film is a sure hit. He is getting up there in age. He was 37 when filming the 1st StarWars back in 77. Sheesh?? A new Road Warrior flick would be just what the doctor ordered. An older wiser Mad Max would be something to see.

Jimmy Jingles
02-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I can see the marquee now...

"INDIANA JONES & THE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY OF GLOOM"

No need to ever see anything other than RAIDERS.....

Of course...I'm a guy with a bachellors in History...and a minor in Anthropology....I was obsessed...what can I say.....:D

LMFAO!!!

Harrison is looking his age these days.

I think he still have enough in him for one more Indy.

Vinnie Velvet
02-02-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm also hesitant about an Indy 4.

I didn't dislike Temple altogether (though it reeked at times), and Last Crusade was indeed an improvement, but both just didn't do any justice to the original Raiders of the Lost Ark, which is a classic IMO.

And now with Indy 4 and Harrison a grey old man -- I just don't think it'd work.

I have a better feeling about Rock VI than Indy 4!

Ally_Kat
02-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
He was 37 when filming the 1st StarWars back in 77. .

He was?! God, he looked so young in that...and so hot.

Hardrock69
02-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
I never said I actually liked Temple of Doom...I just liked the Asian midget. I agree that film reeked of ass. Raiders and Last Crusade were the shit for me. I must have saw Raiders about 20 or 30 times in the theater when it first came out. Fucking kick ass!!!

I will be honest and say that I never really got into the Mad Max stuff. I think I have only seen the first one and that was many years ago.

Well no wonder.

Mad Max was ok I guess, but The Road Warrior was the shit.

You ought to at least see that one.
:cool:

Hardrock69
02-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Jay Leno was asking him if when he went to movies these days he took a senior citizens discount....

If he was 37 in 1977, that makes him 65 now...and he is aging VERY well...

jslav06
02-02-2006, 02:50 PM
65? Seriously what is gonna be able to do on Indiana Jones 4.

PHOENIX
02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Mel was all set to shoot Mad Max 4 a few years ago. The film crew was getting all set up in the Morrocan desert but then the Afghanistan war broke out and filming was scrapped for fears of Muslim Jihad shit. Mel went off to do Passion of the Christ instead.

bueno bob
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
That sucks... :(

Nickdfresh
02-02-2006, 09:55 PM
He was on Jay Leno last night....and Jay asked him if we were ever gonna see Indy Jones 4, and Harrison thought for a moment and then just said "Yes. Uhhhhhh....it's on the front burner...".

And I heard on the 2nd Stern show a clip of George Lucas where he said his immediate focus was Indiana Jones.

I wanna see the Road Warrior film "Fury Road", but I am not sure Mel Gibson will decide to do it. At one point an announcement was made that they were working on a good script, and then I heard nothing....

http://www.starseeker.com/films/madmax4.htm

Last I heard, "Fury Road" was a done deal, with filming well under way, if not finished by now...

Warham
02-02-2006, 10:00 PM
I think Harrison Ford was 33 in 1977, at least what Carrie Fisher said.

That would make him 61.

Nickdfresh
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Mel was all set to shoot Mad Max 4 a few years ago. The film crew was getting all set up in the Morrocan desert but then the Afghanistan war broke out and filming was scrapped for fears of Muslim Jihad shit. Mel went off to do Passion of the Christ instead.

Actually, upon further review, it was Namibia, and it was cancelled due to the Iraq war, but same result...:(

Cathedral
02-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Harrison Ford was born July 13, 1942...He'll be 64 this July.
But then again, he was frozen in carbonite for awhile, maybe his metabolism slowed down a bit, lmmfao.

I dunno, the ark sailed on this project several years ago...it won't be any good.

bueno bob
02-03-2006, 03:28 AM
The window of opportunity has come and gone...long ago...had they wanted to follow it up with anything, it should have been done two, maybe three years after Last Crusade was out...no longer...

Why in the fuck don't they just move "Fury Road" to Australia, then? I mean, these are AUSTRALIAN films, ya know...there's plenty of desert there to go around, if that's what's needed... :rolleyes:

See, that's why I need to direct shit, I know what's best for franchise movies...

Warham
02-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
The window of opportunity has come and gone...long ago...had they wanted to follow it up with anything, it should have been done two, maybe three years after Last Crusade was out...no longer...

Why in the fuck don't they just move "Fury Road" to Australia, then? I mean, these are AUSTRALIAN films, ya know...there's plenty of desert there to go around, if that's what's needed... :rolleyes:

See, that's why I need to direct shit, I know what's best for franchise movies...

So you were the one who told George Lucas to wait 16 years between SW movies? :D

bueno bob
02-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Warham
So you were the one who told George Lucas to wait 16 years between SW movies? :D

Actually, I was. I told him that in sixteen years, technology would be improved...and his story would actually be improved (as it would NOT prominently feature Ewoks in Anakin's fall to the dark side)...and, within sixteen years, something called "The Internet" would be in full swing and people would use it to argue about his new trilogy almost non-stop.

Pretty cool of me, hunh!

:D

Vinnie Velvet
02-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Actually, I was. I told him that in sixteen years, technology would be improved...and his story would actually be improved (as it would NOT prominently feature Ewoks in Anakin's fall to the dark side)...and, within sixteen years, something called "The Internet" would be in full swing and people would use it to argue about his new trilogy almost non-stop.

Pretty cool of me, hunh!

I knew it!!

God damn you!

But I guess, "Through the force, the future you did see."

Douglas T.
02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Cool ... Time to be on the lookout for more rolling giant boulders!

bueno bob
02-04-2006, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I knew it!!

God damn you!

But I guess, "Through the force, the future you did see."

You know, you just can't stop me.

I'm just THAT DAMN GOOD.

:)

Terry
02-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah, can't say as I'm very excited about a new Indiana Jones flick at this point.

Agreed that THAT series is a case of diminishing returns with each new sequel.

Would rather see Ford do a sequel to Blade Runner, with Ridely at the helm, than anything with Spielberg and Lucas.

Doubt Gibson would even bother with the Mad Max franchise at this point. The dude is taking himself way too seriously...

...but Road Warrior 2:Mad Max was a kick-ass flick, no doubt.

That Thunderdome shit was lame, 'specially when Master Blaster turned out to be a 'tard.

I would've stuck it in Tina Turner's bum back then, though. Even though she was about 80 years old in those days, she still had a slammin' set of legs.