PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates has got too much money

Jérôme Frenchise
02-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Microsoft founder Bill Gates, the world's richest man, said the tax office in the US has to store his financial data on a special computer because his fortune is so vast...

Poor guy... :(

One more reason to slapstick him! :)

http://www.noname.fr/obligement/down/images/billoutarte.jpg

scamper
02-02-2006, 08:11 AM
If it wasn't for gates you wouldn't be posting on this board.

ULTRAMAN VH
02-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Since when is it a crime to work hard and become rich off of the fruits of your labor. For cryin out loud, President Clinton [aka] President Cigar went after Gates as if he was a criminal. Meanwhile Osama a real trouble maker was wreaking havoc on the world and he didn't lift a finger against him.

Seshmeister
02-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by scamper
If it wasn't for gates you wouldn't be posting on this board.

That's not true.

All Gates did was buy MS-DOS for a couple of hundred thousand and then steal Apple's ideas to create MS Windows.

The World Wide Web was invented by an English scientist and was driven through academia.

There is no reason at all to believe if there was no Microsoft then boards like this wouldn't exist. This forum software wasn't written by MS and probably runs on a Linux server, most of these sites do.

Cheers!

:gulp:

blonddgirl777
02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Bill Gates...
Talk about "American Dream"!

I admire that he is giving out a lot for charity... unlike the big majority of billionnaires out there!

fe_lung
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
That's not true.

All Gates did was buy MS-DOS for a couple of hundred thousand and then steal Apple's ideas to create MS Windows.

Microsofts dominance of the softwarre market forced a level of compatibilty that makes the web possible. I remember the old days when you couldn't view half the sites on the web because they were formatted for specific operating systems.

fe_lung
02-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Bill Gates...
Talk about "American Dream"!

I admire that he is giving out a lot for charity... unlike the big majority of billionnaires out there!

But think of how much more successful he could be if he'd just finished college......

Jérôme Frenchise
02-02-2006, 03:46 PM
I meant he desserves being slapstuck wherever he goes not because it's wrong for me to get rich - IMO it's neither good nor wrong :rolleyes: - but because he founded his wealth on swindles and intellectual theft. It's just me, sorry, I just can't stand that kind of robbery: the robbing of ideas.
Then, you can consider that getting rich is glorious whatever the means are, but then, excuse me for a minute, I've got to throw up! :cool:

blonddgirl777
02-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
... he founded his wealth on swindles and intellectual theft. It's just me, sorry, I just can't stand that kind of robbery: the robbing of ideas...

I hear you but unfortunately Jérôme , those screwed up strategies happen at all levels...

Think about me, for example... I've always created garment collections out of my mind.
The first time I saw a knock off of one of my styles...
I flipped!

Worst than that, now in my feild, the cies. ask you to kindly E-Mail them sketches
and you should have faith that if they decide to addopt one of your styles, they will actually pay you!

In all creative fields... copy is almost unevitable...

Jérôme Frenchise
02-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Think about me, for example...

Oh, yeah! :)

I've always created garment collections out of my mind.
The first time I saw a knock off of one of my styles...
I flipped!

Worst than that, now in my feild, the cies. ask you to kindly E-Mail them sketches
and you should have faith that if they decide to addopt one of your styles, they will actually pay you!

In all creative fields... copy is almost unevitable...

Wow, you have to be tough and nervously solid in your job... It must be hard to bear when you realise some other company stole your own creation.
I could never stand it. I've always been so attached to who said what or who's done what, since I was a child.
It drove me mad when a schoolmate would use my jokes (I made so many, though), I went as far as telling them to quote me ("'bla-bla-blah', as Jerome said")... Crazy, wasn't it? :D
I invented a paper plane when I was 8. It would never stop flying, up to 2 minutes up in the air. I managed to keep my secret foldings away from the other kids' eyes for weeks, until one day one of them stood behind me while I was making one... :cato: And it got me more crazy than if he had stolen my bike! :)
Over the years I've got cooler and cooler about that, teaching implying that you share your knowledge with no restrictions - but then it's different, because I didn't invent the English language of course. :D

Anyway, claiming something as yours, as far as intellectual, technical, artistic innovations, be it for money or not, is worse than material robbery IMO. It's got to do with personality. Like stealing part of your intimacy. Unbearable. :cool:

blonddgirl777
02-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh, yeah! :)...Wow, you have to be tough and nervously solid in your job...

Well... it took me years to be able to "let go" of that and focus just on the good aspects; creativity, trips to Europe, Asia, shopping, styling models etc...

I guess one can't have it all in one job!

blonddgirl777
02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh, yeah! :)... It drove me mad when a schoolmate would use my jokes (I made so many, though), I went as far as telling them to quote me ("'bla-bla-blah', as Jerome said")... Crazy, wasn't it? :D
I invented a paper plane when I was 8. It would never stop flying, up to 2 minutes up in the air. I managed to keep my secret foldings away from the other kids' eyes for weeks, until one day one of them stood behind me while I was making one... :cato: And it got me more crazy than if he had stolen my bike! :)...:cool:

Soooo funny! :D

bueno bob
02-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The World Wide Web was invented by an English scientist and was driven through academia.

And all this time, I thought it was created by Al Gore... :confused:

Nitro Express
02-07-2006, 05:13 AM
I've met Bill Gates. My sisters best friend married Steve Balmer who is currently CEO of Microsoft and an original founder of Microsoft. Anyways, they had a party at their place on Mercer Island and Bill Gates and his wife came over. We played games and Bill is fiercly competative. It's hard to believe he's worth as much as he is. Bill kind of looks at life as a game of cards.

None of the Microsoft people struck me as great visionaries. I would like to meet Steve Jobs. There's a visionary for you.

I would say Bill Gates is more of a clever deal maker than a technological innovator. What has Microsoft ever invented? They steal and reverse engineer other people's products and sell an inferior product for less.

That companys success still rides on the huge deal they made with IBM. By the way, MS-DOS was purchased for $7,000 from a Seattle computer programmer. All Microsoft did was redesign the prompt. They made a shit load of money and because MS-DOS became the standard, they could shove Windows up our ass.

Apple missed the boat by having expensive machines that didn't appeal to the business users of PC's. What made the PC revolution was business software. Microsoft got that share of the market and then people wanted computers at home that were compatable with their business computers.

With broadband internet connections and huge security issues, Windows has become obsolete. It's too full of holes and people are losing confidence in Microsoft to deal with the security issues.

Seshmeister
02-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
My sisters best friend married Steve Balmer who is currently CEO of Microsoft and an original founder of Microsoft.

Did she marry him for his personality or his looks...:)

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=263

bastardog
02-07-2006, 11:15 AM

Yeah when you can't sleep well thinking in those poor guys you rip out to make your money, you start to give a lot for charity.

Is a shame that the guy that invented DOS (the operating system that makes him what he is) is not receiving a cent of revenue for his invention and others are receiving cents from the revenues just for been poor.

Jérôme Frenchise
02-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I would say Bill Gates is more of a clever deal maker than a technological innovator. What has Microsoft ever invented? They steal and reverse engineer other people's products and sell an inferior product for less.

That companys success still rides on the huge deal they made with IBM. By the way, MS-DOS was purchased for $7,000 from a Seattle computer programmer. All Microsoft did was redesign the prompt. They made a shit load of money and because MS-DOS became the standard, they could shove Windows up our ass.

Apple missed the boat by having expensive machines that didn't appeal to the business users of PC's. What made the PC revolution was business software. Microsoft got that share of the market and then people wanted computers at home that were compatable with their business computers.

With broadband internet connections and huge security issues, Windows has become obsolete. It's too full of holes and people are losing confidence in Microsoft to deal with the security issues.

You put it so well! Thumbs up Nitro! :cool:

Originally posted by bastardog
a shame that the guy that invented DOS (the operating system that makes him what he is) is not receiving a cent of revenue for his invention and others are receiving cents from the revenues just for been poor.

Ditto. :cool:

Nitro Express
02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
I can't say why my sisters friend married Steve Balmer. He actually comes across as a cheap salesman and is very loud and annoying. With that being said I had a good time at his place and hey, I got to meet Bill Gates.

Quick and Dirty DOS was purchased legally for $7000 and Microsoft owned it. It was not theft, the guy that sold it didn't know how much his own product was worth.

Bill Gates is a deal maker and made the deal of the century. That's basically it. But now the company he founded is awash in money but no vision. What is Microsoft anymore? I don't even think Steve Balmer knows. Meanwhile, Apple is coming back out of obscurity going into consumer electronics and even stealing computer sales from Dell. The new X Box was a huge dissapointment and now Sony will eat it's lunch. Microsoft is becoming a dinosaur. They throw money at things but have no vision. The never had any. They are deal makers and mediocre software producers. Period.