PDA

View Full Version : Stern's crappy reviews...

Northern Girl
02-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Howard Stern is featured in the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine, but the word “tedious” in the teaser is a clue it’s not such a flattering piece.

Rolling Stone writer Rob Sheffield feels that Stern's new Sirius Satellite show puts the "um" in "tedium" and that Stern “sounds like he no longer has to deal with anybody” who’s not a brown-noser, and, “as a result he sounds like a bored, gloomy fifty-two-year-old man.”

Sheffield feels that Stern may be bored because “he's got nobody to piss him off anymore” and suggests that Stern’s terrestrial radio replacement David Lee Roth “is more interesting just because it's so skin-crawlingly awful.” He adds that in these days of bland corporate radio, “it's bracing to hear a guy (Roth) who has no idea what he's doing.”

Matt White
02-03-2006, 12:33 AM
WELL WELL WELL

"The Emperor has no clothes"

Fuck Hop-a-long Howie

bueno bob
02-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Stern was bound to fail at sat radio, anyway...he's already done everything, and now that he has no boundaries nobody's interested in hearing what he "might" be able to squeak away with...or who he's going to get pissed at because there's nobody left to piss him off...

Maybe Howard will learn, in the long (or short) run that a little conflict goes a LONG ways...and that being in paradise can get really fucking boring really fucking quickly...

Give him a year before he shoots himself on air in desperation...lmao

twonabomber
02-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Rolling Stone has sucked balls for so long that they have no business saying anyone else sucks.

bueno bob
02-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Except Howard Stern, because Howard Stern has actually sucked for quite a few years now.

:)

bueno bob
02-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Oh, and they can say that Van Hagar sucks, too, that's alright.

twonabomber
02-03-2006, 07:18 AM
you're not one of those pests, are you?

bueno bob
02-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
you're not one of those pests, are you?

No, I'm just a coch.

And a cunt.

Macu
02-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
Rolling Stone has sucked balls for so long that they have no business saying anyone else sucks.

Good point.

Macu
02-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Except Howard Stern, because Howard Stern has actually sucked for quite a few years now.

:)

Another good point.

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Rolling Stone reviews don't mean shit! 50% of the 5 star reviews either involve Bob Dylan or some shitty band from the bay area. Seems to me that RS doesn't just kiss Bob Dylan's ass, they practically toss his salad!

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Besides, I think the NFL and a lot of the sports broadcast they are playing will provide for the majority of Sirius' revenues.

Macu
02-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Stern was once brilliant.I hope he can get back to his once greatness.I agree that he needs some conflict,or,resistance.I havent heard the new show,so,I have no comment on that.But Rolling Stone IS the biggest piece of shit out there.Remember"Home grown radio"?Cool stations that had the best music,formats,etc.?Then the big companies bought them because the people liked them,then changed them into corporate shit-holes.Rolling Stone is Van Hagar.Its riding on a once respectable reputation.Stern needs to find his way back to the "Zone".

Matt White
02-15-2006, 11:59 AM
FUCK Hop-a-long Howie & his minions........

And Rolling Stone has decent movie reviews...they HATE 95% of all movies...which I agree with......