PDA

View Full Version : Please! Sarge needs your help!

Sarge
01-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Ok gang..
I need help

On the old site we had a DLR TIMELINE
That was written by The King Of Fools and Myself..

What I want to do is beef it up and finish the last 4 years..

Alot of stuff is left out ... it needs to be beefed up. It needs more quotes and it needs more information.
Most of the years only have a few sentences..

I think that this would be an excellent... excellent thing for someone wanting to know a little bit more about David lee Roth to read.

I will give anyone who adds something credit in the page when I post it.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarge
01-04-2004, 10:01 PM
anyones help would be appreciated..

Seshmeister
01-04-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm Mr Pedantic here but some of the years are out of order there.

i.e. 1984 is after 1985, 1981 after 1982, 1978 after 1979 and 1973 after 1975.

Just in case you didn't notice.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Sarge
01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
I know it doesnt look like that when posted

flappo
01-05-2004, 05:18 AM
1999 - daves album was a total disaster ( some thing's NEVER change )

1999 - eddie's tongue fell off

1999 - valerie had sex with a goat

2000 - sammy and alex formed a frankie goes to hollywood appeciation society

2001 - van halen release a mega-platinum selling masterwork , sadly , mike threw up over the master tapes at the last minute and got fired for being short

2002 - 3 - eddie , sammy , alex and uncle tom cobbley and all sue each other whilst dave's head falls off and is replaced by worzel gummidge and jimmy saville's hairpiece

2004 - flappo gets banned from the army
(again)

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 10:41 AM
"Diamond Dave" is released July, 2003

Track List:

You Got the Blues, Not Me

Made Up My Mind

Stay While the Night Is Young

Shoo Bop

She's Looking Good

Soul Kitchen

If 6 Was 9

Tomorrow Never Knows

Medicine Man

Let It All Hang Out

Thug Pop

Act One

Ice Cream Man

Bad Habits

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 10:52 AM
May 9, 2002-Van Halen guitarist Eddie Van Halen says he has won his two-year battle with tongue cancer. "I wanted to let you all know that I've just gotten a 100% clean bill of health -- from head to toe," Van Halen said in a statement. "I thank you for all your good wishes and prayers along the way. Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun . . . so party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon."
In May 2000, Van Halen visited the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston as an outpatient to undergo what was then described as "prevention treatment." But in April 2001, he confirmed rumors that he did indeed have cancer and was receiving treatment. "I'm sorry for having waited so long to address this issue personally," he posted at the time. "But, cancer can be a very unique and private matter to deal with."

As for the promise about getting back to music and fun, there is still no word as to Van Halen (the band)'s future. Prior to the guitarist's treatment, the group had been in the studio working on tracks for its next album, the follow-up to 1998's Van Halen III.

Former frontman David Lee Roth claimed in April 2001 that he had done some recording with Van Halen, but the band has not confirmed any reunion plans. Meanwhile, Roth has lined up a summer tour with fellow former Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar. It kicks off May 29th in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

ANDREW DANSBY
(May 9, 2002)

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 11:11 AM
"Sans Halen" tour featuring David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar kicked off May 29th in 2003 in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Dec. 13, 2002 David Lee Roth has filed suit against Warner Bros. Records and his former bandmates in VAN HALEN, claiming he was underpaid royalties, Billboard Bulletin reports. According to the suit — filed Wednesday in California Superior Court for Los Angeles county — Warner Bros. Records and VAN HALEN signed a 1996 contract to raise the royalty rate on the band's cat...

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Jan. 20, 2003 Eddie Van Halen made an appearance at NAMM 2003 in Anaheim, California on Saturday morning, Jan. 18 and looked either "feeble" or "healthy", depending on the source, as he greeted the hundreds of fans waiting to ask him questions and take pictures with him.

The following are two separate accounts of Van Halen's appearance at NAMM, as posted on the unofficial VAN HALEN message board, VHForums.com:

"lovemachine97" writes: "I got to NAMM day 2 (for me) at 12:30. Eddie was scheduled to appear and perform at 1:30 and sign autographs 2:30 to 4pm. He showed up and walked RIGHT directly in front of me and looked bad. He was dressed like a bum and looked feeble as he walked. He went upstairs where no one is really allowed and sat where we could sort of see him for about an hour. A Peavey employee looked annoyed and said that he always wants to talk business at the wrong times. He waved a bit, and [CREED's] Mark Tremonti and [DREAM THEATER's] John Pretucci went upstairs and took pictures with him.

"He finally came down and did his performance an hour late. Someone who was in there said he seemed lost and not quite sure what he was doing. He talked a bit, played guitar (just noodling), and that was it. No one really knew his purpose. He went back upstairs and sat in the same spot. Every once in a while he would lean over and talk, but he said weird things, would whisper, then his hat fell. He got mad and screamed saying he needed it, and pleaded and got it back when someone threw it up to him.

"At 4:00pm, after I'd been in line for 3.5 hours, others for 4 or 5, we get the word he is not signing. This is AFTER we chanted his name and he leaned over, giving us the 'hush' sign and whispered 'Stick around a while, ok?'. So we did for nothing. There were probably 700 or so people there for him and that was it. The crowd dispersed, and I stuck around. Some others did too.

"Finally he came downstairs to leave about 4:30. This is where it gets sad. He looked lost. He kept repeating, very slurred, 'I'll take care of everyone next time, next time. Tell everyone I'll take care of them next time, next time.' He had a small entourage around him of security, yet he was walking right by me again. He was soft-spoken, but very slurred. He stopped for about one autograph and one picture and then said to everyone else again what I wrote above. He kind of stumbled then walked past me.

"You know how bums can just [reek] of old alcohol. I got a huge wiff of that as he past. It took me about 5 seconds to say aloud, 'He's fucking hammered!' The guy next to me said, 'Yeah, he [reeks] of booze.'

"It hit me. He was hammered. Flat out fucking drunk.

"A lot of people were pissed and booed him. Conversations everywhere about how he was done. People talking about burning their VH CDs.

"I hate to make this report, but its so true. I am 24 and have waited 10 years for this, and I waited in line 3.5 hours while he jacked off upstairs and then told us to stick around, then he decided to not sign or meet anyone at all. I don't think they LET him. I think he was too drunk and they didn't want to embarrass him. Honest to god. I felt so stunned and sad. My ears were ringing and my shoulders slumped."

"mfgtr" writes: "O.K. guys here's what happened. I was in the booth with Edward. Ed arrived late because of overcrowding around the booth and they had to ensure security. I was 4th of only 8 people to be allowed in who were not connected to Peavey. Ed walked in, greeted the crowd, mentioned the people responsible for his Peavey gear then said quote. 'I've had a lot of personal problems in the past 3 years, but I'm happy and healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually. I see the light at the end of my tunnel and it's not an oncoming train so I've got some shit coming out next year that's gonna blow you away.' He was talking of Peavey gear not music ... sorry. He said he already had a patent on one device of his coming out but he has to wait to make sure it works and won't break. As for new music, he said he has some film music coming out as well as a T.V. sitcom score coming out. Then someone in the crowd said 'Eddie, everyone loves you,' to which he replied, 'I love you, too, and that's why I haven't put anything out in a while.. Ya know, people at the gas station keep tellin' me, 'How come you're not doin' stuff anymore... Ya know, just because I haven't put anything out doesn't mean I'm not doing anything.' He said for the past 4 years he has been playing mostly piano and cello and that the guitar felt like a 2x4. As for the future of VAN HALEN, he said, 'I'm not going to put my name on something that isn't going to last, my shit lasts after I'm dead and gone which isn't gonna be for a long time.' He then took his Wolfgang guitar and banged it hard against a mike stand. It stayed in tune and Edward said, 'I don't sell you guys shit that breaks,' and it was clear that he was talking not just about his gear but about VAN HALEN's music as well. The room was a little tense. It was hard to believe it was really Edward after so long. But he joked around a lot to ease the tension, even going so far as to say that he would sing next for VH. 'I'm gonna sing, I've got some new moves I've been working on.' He then proceeded to do a series of pelvic thrusts and hip shakes. It was hysterical. He looked good and once he had relaxed became the ed we all know ... Then he played guitar and spoke some more."

Sarge's Little Helper
01-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Jan. 20, 2003 Eddie Van Halen made an appearance at NAMM 2003 in Anaheim, California on Saturday morning, Jan. 18 and looked either "feeble" or "healthy", depending on the source, as he greeted the hundreds of fans waiting to ask him questions and take pictures with him.

The following are two separate accounts of Van Halen's appearance at NAMM, as posted on the unofficial VAN HALEN message board, VHForums.com:

"lovemachine97" writes: "I got to NAMM day 2 (for me) at 12:30. Eddie was scheduled to appear and perform at 1:30 and sign autographs 2:30 to 4pm. He showed up and walked RIGHT directly in front of me and looked bad. He was dressed like a bum and looked feeble as he walked. He went upstairs where no one is really allowed and sat where we could sort of see him for about an hour. A Peavey employee looked annoyed and said that he always wants to talk business at the wrong times. He waved a bit, and [CREED's] Mark Tremonti and [DREAM THEATER's] John Pretucci went upstairs and took pictures with him.

"He finally came down and did his performance an hour late. Someone who was in there said he seemed lost and not quite sure what he was doing. He talked a bit, played guitar (just noodling), and that was it. No one really knew his purpose. He went back upstairs and sat in the same spot. Every once in a while he would lean over and talk, but he said weird things, would whisper, then his hat fell. He got mad and screamed saying he needed it, and pleaded and got it back when someone threw it up to him.

"At 4:00pm, after I'd been in line for 3.5 hours, others for 4 or 5, we get the word he is not signing. This is AFTER we chanted his name and he leaned over, giving us the 'hush' sign and whispered 'Stick around a while, ok?'. So we did for nothing. There were probably 700 or so people there for him and that was it. The crowd dispersed, and I stuck around. Some others did too.

"Finally he came downstairs to leave about 4:30. This is where it gets sad. He looked lost. He kept repeating, very slurred, 'I'll take care of everyone next time, next time. Tell everyone I'll take care of them next time, next time.' He had a small entourage around him of security, yet he was walking right by me again. He was soft-spoken, but very slurred. He stopped for about one autograph and one picture and then said to everyone else again what I wrote above. He kind of stumbled then walked past me.

"You know how bums can just [reek] of old alcohol. I got a huge wiff of that as he past. It took me about 5 seconds to say aloud, 'He's fucking hammered!' The guy next to me said, 'Yeah, he [reeks] of booze.'

"It hit me. He was hammered. Flat out fucking drunk.

"A lot of people were pissed and booed him. Conversations everywhere about how he was done. People talking about burning their VH CDs.

"I hate to make this report, but its so true. I am 24 and have waited 10 years for this, and I waited in line 3.5 hours while he jacked off upstairs and then told us to stick around, then he decided to not sign or meet anyone at all. I don't think they LET him. I think he was too drunk and they didn't want to embarrass him. Honest to god. I felt so stunned and sad. My ears were ringing and my shoulders slumped."

"mfgtr" writes: "O.K. guys here's what happened. I was in the booth with Edward. Ed arrived late because of overcrowding around the booth and they had to ensure security. I was 4th of only 8 people to be allowed in who were not connected to Peavey. Ed walked in, greeted the crowd, mentioned the people responsible for his Peavey gear then said quote. 'I've had a lot of personal problems in the past 3 years, but I'm happy and healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually. I see the light at the end of my tunnel and it's not an oncoming train so I've got some shit coming out next year that's gonna blow you away.' He was talking of Peavey gear not music ... sorry. He said he already had a patent on one device of his coming out but he has to wait to make sure it works and won't break. As for new music, he said he has some film music coming out as well as a T.V. sitcom score coming out. Then someone in the crowd said 'Eddie, everyone loves you,' to which he replied, 'I love you, too, and that's why I haven't put anything out in a while.. Ya know, people at the gas station keep tellin' me, 'How come you're not doin' stuff anymore... Ya know, just because I haven't put anything out doesn't mean I'm not doing anything.' He said for the past 4 years he has been playing mostly piano and cello and that the guitar felt like a 2x4. As for the future of VAN HALEN, he said, 'I'm not going to put my name on something that isn't going to last, my shit lasts after I'm dead and gone which isn't gonna be for a long time.' He then took his Wolfgang guitar and banged it hard against a mike stand. It stayed in tune and Edward said, 'I don't sell you guys shit that breaks,' and it was clear that he was talking not just about his gear but about VAN HALEN's music as well. The room was a little tense. It was hard to believe it was really Edward after so long. But he joked around a lot to ease the tension, even going so far as to say that he would sing next for VH. 'I'm gonna sing, I've got some new moves I've been working on.' He then proceeded to do a series of pelvic thrusts and hip shakes. It was hysterical. He looked good and once he had relaxed became the ed we all know ... Then he played guitar and spoke some more."

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Apr. 30, 2003 David Lee Roth apprehended and detained a knife-wielding man who trespassed on the singer's Southern California estate.

At 3:00 AM on Saturday April 26, the former VAN HALEN frontman was awakened by the sounds of breaking branches to discover a man had scaled his manor's 10-foot high wall. Roth grabbed his shotgun and went onto the grounds where he encountered the man who was carrying a knife.

Roth cornered the man and held him until the Pasadena Police arrived to take him away in handcuffs. Says Roth: "Anyone found bearing arms here at night ... will be found here in the morning."

Roth was home preparing for a summer tour in support of his forthcoming release, "Diamond Dave" (due July 8 on Magna Carta Records).

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 11:47 AM
June 14, 2003 Ed Condran of The Oregonian chatted with David Lee Roth and asked if there was any chance of a reunion with his ex-VAN HALEN bandmates. "There will have to be an intervention with Eddie [Van Halen] before we even start talking again about going out on tour or making an album," he said. "I don't want to get everybody worked up again with all of the millions of dollars of expectations. On the positive side, I think 'hope springs eternal' is an axiom to live by."

When asked about the possibility of VAN HALEN being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and how the current and former members of the band would sort everything out for an evening, Roth said, "I'm going to look at [bassist] Mike Anthony and say, 'It was a great time, and you were there.' I will look at the drummer [Alex Van Halen] and say, 'We were creative and fearless, and you were there.' I will look at Eddie and say, 'Hey man, we made a contribution, and you were there.' I will look at Sammy [Hagar, who succeeded Roth as VH frontman] and say, "You weren't there." [laughs hysterically]

With regards to Eddie Van Halen's 1997 statement that Roth and Hagar should back up Sammy's successor Gary Cherone for the VAN HALEN induction at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Dave said, "It sounds like Ed needs a better writer. That was back when Gary was his singer and his soulmate. I'm hesitant to attack Ed since he's neither in a physical or spiritual place to defend himself. It's only fun to crucify people with hilarity if they can respond to it. I don't even think Eddie is aware of what's going on around him. Darkness is over him, and it's all-consuming at this point."

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Sep. 21, 2003 Former VAN HALEN frontman Dave Lee Roth has postponed his September 20 show at House Of Blues in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in order to spend a couple of extra days recovering from injuries sustained in a bar-spinning incident at Kenswick Theatre in Glenside, Pennsylvania last Wednesday (September 17).

The incident, which resulted in Dave having to get 21 stitches about an inch above his eye, happened when Roth "hit himself with a microphone stand or cable he was swinging [during the encore, 'Jump']," Roy Snyder, the executive director of Kenswick Theatre, told Bucks County Courier Times.

Roth, 47, finished the show for the audience of about 1,000 fans. After he left the stage, someone called for a wet cloth, said Snyder, who was on the opposite side and didn't see the incident.

A fan posting to DLRArmy.com said, "Blood started rushing down his face," though the poster finished the note, "Still love ya Dave ..."

Snyder said Roth went to a local hospital in his tour bus. No ambulances were called to the scene.

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Sep. 22, 2003 Legendary axeman Eddie Van Halen was one of 11 guitarists that auditioned for LIMP BIZKIT during their lengthy search for a replacement for Wes Borland earlier this year, according to a MTV.com news feature on the making of BIZKIT's new album, "Results May Vary".

Not being 100% satisfied with any of the candidates, LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst eventually called a guitarist he remembered feeling chemistry with a year earlier and asked him to come back. Mike Smith, formerly of SNOT, jammed with the band for 20 minutes before he got the invitation to join.

"He's what we've been looking for," Durst said. "We need an actual guitar player."

"I feel like I play really well with these guys," Smith said.

LIMP BIZKIT would later liken their guitar search to a relationship, saying they could not commit to someone else until they had completely gotten over Borland.

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Oct. 3, 2003 Former VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth's lawsuit against the band over unpaid royalties has been dismissed "without prejudice" at the request of the singer, according to the case information available on the web site of the Los Angeles Superior Court (case number: BC286832). Roth filed his suit on December 11, 2002, claiming the group didn't include him in a 1996 renegotiation of its contract with Warner Brothers Records.

"If you buy 'Van Halen I' now, if I make 10 cents, the bass player (Michael Anthony) makes 30 cents," he said shortly after the news of the lawsuit was made public. "And if I make a hundred dollars, the drummer (Alex Van Halen) will make close to three hundred dollars. And I've always maintained since I wrote all the words, and all the lyrics, and all of the harmonies, and structured the tunes, designed most of the album covers — and when MTV happened for everybody, I wrote and directed the videos — with all of that, I should make 25 percent. What do you think?"

Roth, who reportedly claimed that the new deal caused him to lose out on a total of at least $200,000 as of the end of 2001, handled vocal and lyric-writing duties for VAN HALEN from the band's inception through the mid-1980s, when he left to pursue a solo career.

Roth returned to record two new tracks with the band in 1996, but a much-rumored reunion tour never materialized.

David was recently forced to cancel the rest of his North American tour because of a martial arts accident during a performance. He is expected to resume touring in November, with dates in the U.K. currently being finalized.

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I hope that helped!!

ELVIS
01-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ryanpday
"Sans Halen" tour featuring David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar kicked off May 29th in 2003 in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

Wrong..

ELVIS
01-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Hey.. my birthday is August 24th...

flappo
01-05-2004, 04:04 PM
..this site gets owned by hitch

..eternally

ryanpday
01-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Huh??

flappo
01-05-2004, 06:02 PM
..huh??

..you say summit , boy ?

Figs
11-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Oh fuck you. Fuck the lot of you. Fuck you all.