PDA

View Full Version : GnR Reunion?

PHOENIX
02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
GUNS N' ROSES And METALLICA To Play U.K.'s DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL? - Feb. 4, 2006

Will GUNS N' ROSES's classic lineup and METALLICA perform at this year's Download Festival? Legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin seems to think so. According to a February 3, 2006 posting on Halfin's official web site, "the original lineup [of GUNS N' ROSES] is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, METALLICA, if Lars [Ulrich, METALLICA drummer] can be bothered to turn up." (UPDATE: Halfin has since removed the posting from his site.)

This year's installment of the Download Festival is set to take place June 9-11 at Donington Park in Leicestershire, England. Confirmed acts so far include THE PRODIGY, TRIVIUM and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, with the full lineup expected to be around 100 rock bands over the three days, according to eFestivals.co.uk.

Tickets went on sale on February 3, priced at £110 for the three days, or £135 including camping and parking. Campervans cost £35, and parking is £5 in advance or £10 on the day.

jslav06
02-06-2006, 08:59 PM
BS beyond imagination. Just recently in an interview, Axl still stood by his G&R will most likely NEVER reunite. I highly doubt that he cahnged his mind in a month.

Terry
02-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, Velvet Revolver ain't gonna be around forever, 'cuz Weiland is gonna relapse again, and eventually he's gonna O.D. into the Big Sleep. He's playing a zero-sum game...so I suppose after that happens, I'd consider a GnR reunion more likely.

Can't say as I'd care too much if it did happen, though. Already saw them in 1988.

Would it really be that big? I don't really hear a huge clamoring for Axl and the rest to get back together...suppose it would fill arenas, but doubt we'd be talking multiple satdium dates.

Could be wrong.

The above rumor, however, smells like poo.

FORD
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Even aside from the unlikely GnR reunion, isn't it also a fact that Metallica completely despises Axl because of all the shit he pulled the last time they toured together in 1992?

If such a tour actually did happen, I'd probably see the show. But I'm not holding my breath.

Terry
02-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Even aside from the unlikely GnR reunion, isn't it also a fact that Metallica completely despises Axl because of all the shit he pulled the last time they toured together in 1992?

If such a tour actually did happen, I'd probably see the show. But I'm not holding my breath.

Tell you one thing, the Hawks got some BAD calls by the refs last night

Pisses me off

Have been waiting for those fuckers to make it the SB forever...

...oh well. See you in another 25 to 30 years.

Matt White
02-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I saw Velvet Revolver twice when they toured...

UTTER PANDEMONIUM when they played a G'N'R song.....

They'd be the BIGGEST BAND in the UNIVERSE tomorrow if they got back together..............

MAX
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
They'd be the BIGGEST BAND in the UNIVERSE tomorrow if they got back together..............

Taeo,

I'll have to respectfully disagree witcha on dis one.

W. Axl No Shows voice seriously sucks. I wish that Velvet Revolver would just get another singer and carry on as if they were Guns and Roses. Sorry but I think Scott Weiland sucks. I still don't get why they let Axl have the name? He's a fuckin' moron.

Diamondjimi
02-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I personally could'nt care less if they ever got back together again.

But if they did , the only place worth seeing them would be a small club
with crappy lights and a killer P.A. system. And of course the place would reek of VO5 , BEER, 'n PUSSY ......

But seeing that Axhole Pose is a piece of crap sociopathic backstabbing
fuck up , I can't blame the other original guys for not wanting to reunite. Pose is a front man. Not a musician. If he was , he would be
putting out new material over the past decade.

He's done to G'N R what the VH sisters have done to Van Halen !

Diamondjimi
02-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I still don't get why they let Axl have the name? He's a fuckin' moron.

I call it blackmail. What kind of arrogant cocksucker tells his bandmates -"Sign over ownership of the name , or I'm not going onstage .They'll tear this place apart and you'll be on the hook for it !"
Un-fuckin-believable !

What an absolute GUNT !

BruinJer
02-06-2006, 10:30 PM

Yeah... Axl (being the complete asswhipe that he is) caused a riot in Montreal after Metallica Couldn't finish their set. No.. I don't think Metallica wants to relive that mess.

jslav06
02-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I do still believe that a reunion would be one of the biggest reunion tours EVER.

bru87tr
03-01-2006, 08:03 AM
they did say this was gonna happen and that it was 2 shows only.

management has now said its not true and again rumors just floating around. kinda funny cause some good sources said it was on.

oh well.

PHOENIX
03-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
Yeah... Axl (being the complete asswhipe that he is) caused a riot in Montreal after Metallica Couldn't finish their set. No.. I don't think Metallica wants to relive that mess.

I was in that fucking mess. I will never forget that night.

amadeus
03-24-2006, 11:18 AM

I agree with you, Axl had the opportunity to make a bad situation much better but he didn't and I think they probably still hold that against him. I know I would-friggin' baby!!

Mr Grimsdale
03-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
UTTER PANDEMONIUM when they played a G'N'R song.....

Exactly exactly.

EXACTLY EXACTLY.