PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw, Montana Skip SB XL

ALinChainz
02-07-2006, 12:30 AM
NFL | Bradshaw skips Super Bowl XL
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 17:36:50 -0800

ESPN.com reports former Pittsburgh Steelers QB Terry Bradshaw turned down his invitation to Super Bowl XL over money, according to Newsday and the San Francisco Chronicle. The NFL invited the Super Bowl MVPs from the previous 39 Super Bowls, but Bradshaw was one of three not in attendance. The former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as tickets to the game, car rentals, and plane tickets. Bradshaw denied the report that the dispute was over money, claiming he wanted to spend time with his family.

NFL | Montana skips Super Bowl XL over money
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 17:36:25 -0800

ESPN.com reports former San Francisco 49ers QB Joe Montana turned down his invitation to Super Bowl XL over money, according to Newsday and the San Francisco Chronicle. The NFL invited the Super Bowl MVPs from the previous 39 Super Bowls, but Montana was one of three not in attendance. The former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as tickets to the game, car rentals, and plane tickets. Montana reportedly asked for a guarantee of $100,000 in appearance money.

KFFL (http://www.kffl.com/hotw)

ALinChainz
02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
The third was Jake Scott, who was travelling in Austrailia for the first time.

Flash Bastard
02-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Montana said earlier in the week his son had an important basketball game on Super Sunday, thus he was unable to attend.

Romeo Delight
02-07-2006, 12:57 AM
I hear it is bullshit for Bradshaw as well. He wanted to spend time with his family, keep his committments minimal.

fryingdutchman
02-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Why would Bradshaw miss an opportunity to see his former team win another Superbowl?

He can see his family the other 364 days of the year....

Romeo Delight
02-07-2006, 10:11 AM
I know for a fact that he has vehemently denied the story immediately after it came out.

Don't kid yourself, the NFL puts people through a logistical nightmare.

Terry hates wasting time. They would have him do numerous rehersals and to him it is just not worth it.

Romeo Delight
02-07-2006, 01:27 PM
I don't even blame them if they skipped event over money.

$1000 bucks for an appearance, when the league is making money hand over fist?

Easy for us to sit here and say "Ther league made them ...helped them make their money..."

People have blasted Montana because he was there earlier in the week, being paid by some company to do so.

He says he promised his kids that he would attend their weekend basketball games and we are in no position to critisize.

The dude is still looking out for his family and earning a living. If he doesn't want to participate in an event with his FORMER employer, that his call and no one else's.

I am so sick and tired of this Pollyanna attitude toward pro atheletes. we have no idea what is involved here, what they were asking of Joe, be it time, or some ridiculous hype.

Maybe Joe is content with his accomplishments and is disgusted with the current state of affairs in the NFL and its over-commercialization.

redblkwht
02-08-2006, 01:28 AM
I listened to terry & dan patrick
on sunday in detriot..(xm radio)
dan had him on for an extended time..thats bs, yet another
coverup..i hope the media burys both of these greedy shitbags.
this is the sport that got them to all their materialistic things..
they couldnt even pay back the league for 1 day..rediculous.

IMO they both slapped the NFL in the face.

I have now lost respect for both.:monekyr:

Romeo Delight
02-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Yes greedy shitbags who have better things to do than spend 3 days going through rehersal after rehersal, rather than spend time with their family.

I might agree with you if the NFL were to adhere to some of the values you are hinting at.

They cut their players on a whim, and rest assured they are paying others to make appearances, when they expect x-players to show up "for the love of the game"

The NFL slaps players in the face every week when they are cut for cap reasons. Can't have it both ways. Expect players to be loyal when you fuck the players at the first and every opportunity.

Grow the fuck up.

redblkwht
02-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
I hear it is bullshit for Bradshaw as well. He wanted to spend time with his family, keep his committments minimal.
think again montana was
there till sunday as was bradshaw..
they were looking for a payday & got called on it.

redblkwht
02-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Yes greedy shitbags who have better things to do than spend 3 days going through rehersal after rehersal, rather than spend time with their family.

I might agree with you if the NFL were to adhere to some of the values you are hinting at.

They cut their players on a whim, and rest assured they are paying others to make appearances, when they expect x-players to show up "for the love of the game"

The NFL slaps players in the face every week when they are cut for cap reasons. Can't have it both ways. Expect players to be loyal when you fuck the players at the first and every opportunity.

Grow the fuck up.
from a team standpoint i get it..

from a all mvp & these 2 cats were too good?
what the fuck ever smalls..
all MVP's had been asked 6 months prior..
via according to
mvp allen from dallas, he was on dan patrick today..LMFAO
read your facts brilliant one.
you better lock it up!

Romeo Delight
02-09-2006, 02:49 AM
The facts are that the NFL is made up of owners who discard players as soon as they can find a younger, cheaper alternative.

The facts are that injuries spell certain cuts as soon as the team is legally advisable to do so.

What Pollyanna world do you live in where these players owe a former employee anything?

What kind of hoops would they have to jump through in the media circus that is the Super Bowl? Especially Montana!

Who are we to question Joe fucking Montana?

Just because you would give your left nut to be on the sideline of an NFL game doesn't mean that these guys have to ask how high when the NFL comes calling.

Only these guys know the "facts" as they pertain to them on this matter. Everyone else should worry about Katie Holmes and her imminent abduction by aliens, or whether the Desperate Housewives can really get along.

boy, u stupid
02-09-2006, 10:30 AM
I talked to Brad after the parade in which we were honored in front of 250k. They had Thunderstruck blasting for my arrival by the way. Anyway, Brad said that's all bullshit, he had a committment with cbs.

ALinChainz
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Proves you're an idiot Joe.

CBS had nothing to do with it.

He works for FOX dumbfuck.

You weren't a the parade, they didn't play Thunderstruck, and you're a fag.

Brad?

You must be thinking of that guy you blew at the halfway house, the only thing you would call a "Super Sunday".

Bob_R
02-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Montana and Bradshaw are entitled to do whatever they chose. If they wanted to be with their family that's their decision. Someone without a family wouldn't understand that.