PDA

View Full Version : Dems exploit King funeral for political gain.

Roy Munson
02-07-2006, 05:53 PM
from the Drudge Report (www.drudgereport.com)

KING FUNERAL TURNS POLITICAL: BUSH BASHED BY FORMER PRESIDENT, REVEREND
Tue Feb 07 2006 15:49:48 ET

Today's memorial service for civil rights activist Coretta Scott King -- billed as a "celebration" of her life -- turned suddenly political as one former president took a swipe at the current president, who was also lashed by an outspoken black pastor!

The outspoken Rev. Joseph Lowery, co-founder of Southern Christian Leadership Conference, ripped into President Bush during his short speech, ostensibly about the wife of Martin Luther King Jr.

"She extended Martin's message against poverty, racism and war. She deplored the terror inflicted by our smart bombs on missions way afar. We know now that there were no weapons of mass destruction over there," Lowery said.

The mostly black crowd applauded, then rose to its feet and cheered in a two-minute-long standing ovation.

A closed-circuit television in the mega-church outside Atlanta showed the president smiling uncomfortably.

"But Coretta knew, and we know," Lowery continued, "That there are weapons of misdirection right down here," he said, nodding his head toward the row of presidents past and present. "For war, billions more, but no more for the poor!" The crowd again cheered wildly.

Former President Jimmy Carter later swung at Bush as well, not once but twice. As he talked about the Kings, he said: "It was difficult for them then personally with the civil liberties of both husband and wife violated as they became the target of secret government wiretaps." The crowd cheered as Bush, under fire for a secret wiretapping program he ordered after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, again smiled weakly.

Later, Carter said Hurricane Katrina showed that all are not yet equal in America. Some black leaders have blamed Bush for the poor federal response, and rapper Kayne West said that Bush "hates" black people.

Developing...

Sick people ...

:mad:

Warham
02-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Jimmy Carter never revealed which party was doing the tapping on MLK, did he?

jhale667
02-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Jimmy Carter never revealed which party was doing the tapping on MLK, did he?

Wasn't that more about J. Edgar Hoover than who was actually in office at the time?

ELVIS
02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Pure scum...

ULTRAMAN VH
02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
It is know surprise that the event turned political, there were over 300 speakers. Someone had to fire a shot across the bow, with all the media coverage who could resist. I have to say that it is tough being a Republican these days. I am not a supporter of the war, I feel we should have gone after Al Qaeda, not a whole country. With that said though, 9-11 was no illusion. Liberals bitch and moan about the violation of civil liberties and privacy, yet they offer no suggestions on how to fight the war on terrorism. Both Dems and Republicans can't seem to get it right. Bush preaches how important National security is yet our borders are wide open. As far as Katrina goe's, blaming Bush is bullshit. Those people were given fair warning to get the hell out of Dodge. Those that were educated and understood the seriousness of the situation packed up and left. The majority that stayed were Government weened welfare recipients, who stayed thinking that Uncle Sam would swoop in knock out the hurricane and drop welfare checks from the sky. There was a fleet of buses ready to transport them to a safer location until the hurricane passed, but the dumb ass Mayor/plumber refused them. Needless to say there was a fleet of fueled buses underwater. Kanye West [aka] DUMB FUCK blames the President???? A hurricane hit New Orleans not The President. The Absurdity Of Life continues.

FORD
02-07-2006, 07:26 PM
This thread reads like a fucking KKK meeting.

Fuck all of you, and God Bless Dr King, Mrs. King, President Carter, and all of those not afraid to speak the truth.

Cathedral
02-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Fuck all of you, and God Bless Dr King, Mrs. King, President Carter, and all of those not afraid to speak the truth.

Relax, Ford....it hardly comes across as a KKK meeting but we can ask Robert Byrd or even my uncle Chuck about that comparison.

I watched the memorial and i saw some jabs taken, but it was nothing like the Paul Wellstone Rally.

If i knew that Mrs. King didn't feel the same way as what was said i would call it disgusting, but since she has pretty much made the same claims herself i didn't see it as something out of place.
Her death didn't remove her passion from these issues, it inspired others to keep her view of it alive.

I respected her husband and i respect her for never giving up on Martin's dream.
may God bless her and keep her, and i know that right now she is walking across the clouds with her husband with not a care in the world...this country is a better place because of them being in it.

jhale667
02-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I respected her husband and i respect her for never giving up on Martin's dream.
may God bless her and keep her, and i know that right now she is walking across the clouds with her husband with not a care in the world...this country is a better place because of them being in it.

Amen.

Nickdfresh
02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Double-dog AMEN!

Unchainme
02-07-2006, 08:26 PM

I agree that Carter and that other guy had the right to call Bush a Dueche Bag etc. But just not a Fucking Funeral, I mean come on If you we dead would you like politics being discussed during a moment which was supposed to honor your life. Bush, While still a Dueche Bag at least didn't mention political policies while the funeral was going on.
BTW Correta and MLK are both great Americans and would be very ashamed at what the Black Community in America has turned into. (See Post 1996 Rap Music, Racial Sterotypes in the media And The Welfare System.),

Nitro Express
02-07-2006, 08:55 PM
I thought funerals were to honor the dead person in the coffin and help give the family some closure.

It all goes to show you politicians in any party are all rats using a high profile funeral for political stabbing. It's tottaly beyond good taste and decency. Shameful.

Roy Munson
02-07-2006, 10:30 PM

LOL!!!

Show us that liberal spirit, FORD. Nice. I know you know what's right. Quit shilling for your coward party puppets.

What Jimbo Carter and that doofus minister did was desecrate the honor of Mrs. King. Plain and simple. There is a time and place for political shenanigans and A MOTHER FUCKING FUNERAL FOR A PERSON OF SUCH CULTURAL IMPORTANCE AS MRS. KING IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Jimmy Carter is a mother-fucking coward. Always has been and always will be. He showed some of that festering weezil pizazz today and basically made a fool of himself and the people that egged him on.

Gotta love that black reverend, too. Way to taint the final farwell to a person who tried as hard as she could to stick up for his rights and credibility as a black person.

It's just fucking dispicable...but certainly NOT surprising.

FORD
02-07-2006, 10:33 PM
When you honor the dead, you cannot do so without speaking of their life.

You cannot avoid politics, civil rights, and the struggle for peace, freedom, and equality when discussing Coretta Scott King's life.

That WAS her life. And to pretend it wasn't just because a fucking chimp who hates those things was in the audience, would be like pretending that the dear lady and her husband never walked this earth at all.

Which would be just fine with the neocons, of course :mad:

Nickdfresh
02-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
LOL!!!

Show us that liberal spirit, FORD. Nice. I know you know what's right. Quit shilling for your coward party puppets.

What Jimbo Carter and that doofus minister di was desecrate the honor of Mrs. King. Plain and simple. There is a time and place for political shenanigans and A MOTHER FUCKING FUNERAL FOR A PERSON OF SUCH CULTURAL IMPORTANCE AS MRS. KING IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Jimmy Carter is a mother-fucking coward. Always has been and always will be. He showed some of that festering weezil pizazz today and basically made a fool of himself and the people that egged him on.

Gotta love that black reverend, too. Way to taint the final farwell to a person who tried as hard as she could to stick up for his rights and credibility as a black person.

It's just fucking dispicable...but certainly NOT surprising.

Wow. What an issue this is! I mean, is sooooo much more important to talk about politicized funeral orations, as opposed to, I don't know, civil liberties being trashed via NSA electronic surveillance...

Yeah, would Matt "packing ass fudge" DRUDGE have ever commented on circumstance involving Republicans bashing Democrats (like KARL ROVE bullshitting about liberals). Funny, but I doubt it. I mean, you think a gay hack or a journalist that rips most of his website off from the AP or "liberal newspapers" would be more contrite, but I guess not... Buddy, you just got your whole shtick from a Republican ball-fluffer.

He jumped the shark the minute CLINTON left office, and exposed himself as a ass-humping partisan as opposed to the anti-establishment underground Indy-journalist he once pretended to be...

Warham
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
When you honor the dead, you cannot do so without speaking of their life.

You cannot avoid politics, civil rights, and the struggle for peace, freedom, and equality when discussing Coretta Scott King's life.

That WAS her life. And to pretend it wasn't just because a fucking chimp who hates those things was in the audience, would be like pretending that the dear lady and her husband never walked this earth at all.

Which would be just fine with the neocons, of course :mad:

FORD, cut the crap.

More 'neocons' voted for the Civil Rights Act in 1964 by percentage than did the party you belong to. Not to mention it was a Republican that freed them in the first place.

Neocon shmeocon.

Nickdfresh
02-07-2006, 10:44 PM
FORD, cut the crap.

More 'neocons' voted for the Civil Rights Act in 1964 by percentage than did the party you belong to. Not to mention it was a Republican that freed them in the first place.

Neocon shmeocon.

Yeah, only LINCOLN would have been horrified and repulsed by the religious right...

Cathedral
02-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Double-dog AMEN!

Oh no, not the double dog amen....lol.

jhale667
02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah, only LINCOLN would have been horrified and repulsed by the religious right...

What the Republican party has morphed into in the past few decades hardly resembles Lincoln's party....

Cathedral
02-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
What the Republican party has morphed into in the past few decades hardly resembles Lincoln's party....

Triple-dog Amen!

They ran me off and i turned GREEN..:eek:

FORD
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM

He would have shot himself in the back of the head before he would have stayed in today's Republican party.

Nickdfresh
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM
That being said, Republican President DID kick off the Civil Rights Movement...

Eisenhower doesn't get the credit he deserves...

Warham
02-07-2006, 10:52 PM

What about the Democratic party? I'm sure John Kennedy would be proud, huh?

FORD
02-07-2006, 10:55 PM
That being said, Republican President DID kick off the Civil Rights Movement...

Eisenhower doesn't get the credit he deserves...

Yeah, but Truman deserves some props for desegregating the military. That could be considered the beginning.

Warham
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but Truman deserves some props for desegregating the military. That could be considered the beginning.

Truman wasn't really a Democrat by today's standard. No Democrat today would have the gonads to drop a nuke on another country.

FORD
02-07-2006, 10:59 PM
What about the Democratic party? I'm sure John Kennedy would be proud, huh?

No, I think he'd be pretty pissed off about the pussification of the party caused by the DLC. Aside from that, he'd probably kick Arlen Spector's ass for the "Magic Bullet" theory, and then head up to Kennebunkport with Bobby to even up a certain score.

DR CHIP
02-07-2006, 11:00 PM
George W Bush....yes, George W Bush has placed more blacks in positions of power than ANY President ever.....

The insults hurled at him (the President), and if you can't see that they were insults hurled at him then your an idiot, were COMPLETELY out of place at a funeral....

Love or hate the President, the office itself IS important, and letting potshots by any party go unchecked is ridiculous...

Bush showed more character today in the Spirit of tolerance than those that hurled the insults...period...

You can dislike, or even hate the President, but I can't sit back and call the behavior today appropriate...it sucked....

Nickdfresh
02-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Truman wasn't really a Democrat by today's standard. No Democrat today would have the gonads to drop a nuke on another country.

Really? What were the Republicans saying about the the NAZI threat in 1938?

DR CHIP
02-07-2006, 11:05 PM
No, I think he'd be pretty pissed off about the pussification of the party caused by the DLC. Aside from that, he'd probably kick Arlen Spector's ass for the "Magic Bullet" theory, and then head up to Kennebunkport with Bobby to even up a certain score.

Ford, history channel did a show on the "magic bullett" and concluded through today's technological ability to replicate the exact shot, that one bullett could have done exactly whatvthe Warren Commission decided years ago...unbiased Australlian scientists did the shot exactly into replicated torsos of Kennedy and Connelly...the result almost exactly the same as the Warren Commission report....

I would even send you a copy of the DVD.....interesting vid

Warham
02-07-2006, 11:07 PM

Kennedy, a Democrat who actually believed in tax cuts. Amazing!

Nickdfresh
02-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
George W Bush....yes, George W Bush has placed more blacks in positions of power than ANY President ever.....

You mean he placed a four-star general as Secretary of State? Say, where did Powell go anyway?

The insults hurled at him (the President), and if you can't see that they were insults hurled at him then your an idiot, were COMPLETELY out of place at a funeral....

he wasn't insulted actually. Policies were, you know, like COINTELPRO?

Love or hate the President, the office itself IS important, and letting potshots by any party go unchecked is ridiculous...

Yeah, cause BUSH's lackeys have never fired potshots at every opportunity, like KARL ROVE that has claimed that "liberals want to help terrorists"...

Bush showed more character today in the Spirit of tolerance than those that hurled the insults...period...

What a hero! I'm sure he had a choice...

You can dislike, or even hate the President, but I can't sit back and call the behavior today appropriate...it sucked....

Um dude, they mentioned a couple of his policies (indirectly), and one of which touched Dr. KING personally....

http://www.icdc.com/~paulwolf/cointelpro/cointel.htm

rustoffa
02-07-2006, 11:10 PM

That WAS her life.

You sure can't avoid it when your dead and there's a bunch of assholes' turning your funeral service into a circus.

Fucking mind numbing.

Jokes, weapons of mass destruction, new orders' rising?

Sheesh....it was like a poorly produced Oscars'.

Warham
02-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the Kings were involved with WMDs.

:rolleyes:

DR CHIP
02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Nick did you say ANYTHING worth while...seriously.....

The facts are facts: Bush has placed more blacks in positions of power than ANY other President...

Bush showed more toerance today than ANYONE else...he even hugged the black Rev. that was bashing him....

FORD
Really? What were the Republicans saying about the the NAZI threat in 1938?

"Nice investment you made there, Prescott! We could use a few boys like Adolf over here instead of that pansy roosevelt"

Warham
I liked Bill Clinton's comment...

'We've got to remember...there's a dead body in that box right there.'

DR CHIP
02-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Today was a circus....

FORD
02-07-2006, 11:18 PM

Taking Clinton out of context... now there's a shock. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
02-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
Nick did you say ANYTHING worth while...seriously.....

I don't know...

Why don't you quote where I didn't say anything worthwhile.... You sure commented on it.

The facts are facts: Bush has placed more blacks in positions of power than ANY other President...

Yeah! Yet minorities continue to lose ground under his presidency, along with most other races (except for Indians and Chinese)...

Bush showed more toerance today than ANYONE else...he even hugged the black Rev. that was bashing him....

What was he supposed to do? Kick him in the nuts on camera. Funny how you find BUSH acting like a politician to be so heroic...

Warham

I'm not taking him out of context at all.

Not only that, he made sure to point at it, just in case nobody noticed the casket in the middle of the auditorium.

rustoffa

He said "woman", but it really didn't matter. Can you imagine the outrage if Dubya had busted jokes on Clinton with his wife giggling along side?

Shit, maybe it happened...did I miss it?
:confused:

Warham
02-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, Rusty.

"We've got to remember...there's a dead woman in that box right there."

Shame on you, Mr. Philanderer, I mean Mr. President.

Cathedral
02-07-2006, 11:36 PM

Oh c'mon, it was a mis-quote by one word, lol.
My jaw hit the floor when he said that, i even got chills.

But hey, I've spoken at a funeral before and let something roll off my tongue that i immediately wished i could have taken back, it happens.

People are more forgiving than normal at a funeral, it's tough to speak of the dead when they're right there in front of you.

I'm not surprised at all of the tone it took, she was a controversial woman who was married to an influential and controversial man, she went out much like she lived, in the thick of it all so let's show some respect and not nit pick the crap out of the details.

Warham
02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I'd expect a Christian like Jimmy Carter to show some class, but he goes off infering Bush violating everyone's civil rights.

FORD
02-07-2006, 11:42 PM
What Clinton was saying was that Mrs. King should be remembered not just as a symbol, or even as MLK's wife, but as a real human being in her own right. And President Clinton knew her as a human being (as did President Carter) so he was right to say it.

Warham
02-07-2006, 11:43 PM
What Clinton was saying was that Mrs. King should be remebered not just as a symbol, or even as MLK's wife, but as a real human being in her own right. And President Clinton knew her as a human being (as did President Carter) so he was right to say it.

Yeah, only Democrats knew Mr. and Mrs. King. :rolleyes:

How did Clinton ever have time to get to know her, being so busy in the White House those eight years?

rustoffa
02-07-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm not surprised at all of the tone it took, she was a controversial woman who was married to an influential and controversial man, she went out much like she lived, in the thick of it all so let's show some respect and not nit pick the crap out of the details.

Maybe that's why they tried to lighten it up? You're right Cat.
;)

Cathedral
02-08-2006, 12:21 AM
What Clinton was saying was that Mrs. King should be remembered not just as a symbol, or even as MLK's wife, but as a real human being in her own right. And President Clinton knew her as a human being (as did President Carter) so he was right to say it.

Ford, what did Clinton do for African Americans?
How many did he employ that weren't part of the domestic staff?

Seriously, I'm at a loss as to why he is held in such high regard when it comes to race.

The facts are facts and the Republicans have crossed the racial barrier more than any Democrat ever thought of.

I know why they like Democrats, and the reason is entitlements. I also remember things getting rough for Clinton when he started messing with welfare. but once they learned it wouldn't change all that much the support came back.

The simple anwser for everyone is that Democrats BUY the African American support...that's a fact, history is undeniable.
And Entitlement Programs are the Democrats Security Alert Code.

"Vote for us and you'll eat steak for free and drive Cadillacs while you live in assisted housing for $30 a month!".

I've seen it, I've jammed with it in a band for as long as i could stomach it, it's the truth and it's history.

FORD
02-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I believe Clinton connected well with African Americans because he knew what it was like to grow up poor in the segregated South. LBJ might sign civil rights acts, but he was an oilman. Nixon & Reagan deliberately played to the racists (see "Southern Strategy") When Clinton said he "felt their pain", in many ways, he literslly had.

and it didn't hurt that he went on the Arsenio Hall show either ;)

FORD
02-08-2006, 12:35 AM
And as for Chimpy being so "supportive" of blacks, I wouldn't say that a 4 star general, and a woman with an oil tanker named after her are exactly a realistic representation of the average African-American in the 21st century.

Cathedral
02-08-2006, 12:53 AM
So, he did nothing for them?
Well, i'll give you the "connecting" thing, that's what politicians are supposed to do to get votes. You know, kiss the babies, shake the hands, etc.

By the way, this may shock you but i don't think Bush has made any strides in that area either, that wasn't my point though.
But interesting how you use Powell and Rice's good fortune against them to discount the fact that they were both blacks placed in positions of political power.

You basically went on the defensive for something i wasn't even implying.

That tells me way more than i even asked.

diamondD
02-08-2006, 01:07 AM
I believe Clinton connected well with African Americans because he knew what it was like to grow up poor in the segregated South.

Oh puh-leeze. It's because he pandered to them as their Democratic governor.

diamondD
02-08-2006, 01:10 AM
And as for Chimpy being so "supportive" of blacks, I wouldn't say that a 4 star general, and a woman with an oil tanker named after her are exactly a realistic representation of the average African-American in the 21st century.

They aren't exactly a realistic representation of the average American either. They are ACHIEVERS.

FORD
02-08-2006, 01:11 AM
So, he did nothing for them?
Well, i'll give you the "connecting" thing, that's what politicians are supposed to do to get votes. You know, kiss the babies, shake the hands, etc.

By the way, this may shock you but i don't think Bush has made any strides in that area either, that wasn't my point though.
But interesting how you use Powell and Rice's good fortune against them to discount the fact that they were both blacks placed in positions of political power.

You basically went on the defensive for something i wasn't even implying.

That tells me way more than i even asked.

Actually, the Chimp reference was more for "DR Chip" who recited the FAUX news talking points earlier in the thread.

Nitro Express
02-08-2006, 01:22 AM
The only thing that didn't happen at the funeral is a big brawl breaking out with chairs being thrown. Someone gets slammed into the coffin knocking it over and the dead corpse of Mrs. King goes rolling out.

Cathedral
02-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by diamondD

As i said, The Republicans historically went to the mat for them before any Democrat did and the Republicans have gone farther to help them than any Democrat has.
The difference is that the Republicans position beyond that is, "Do for yourselves, this is the land of opportunity", where the Democrats say, "You can't do it on your own, here's a check since you have babies, and here's a domicile equipped with food stamps, we're here for ya!"...

So, what are they to do?
Go out and bust their ass (like I have) for a weekly check to survive?
Or just kick back and tell themselves that the White Man has kept them down and owes them a living becaise they are opressed?

I happen to have more faith in people than that, and i know that if they taste pride just once they'll be out looking for a job, applying for student loans to get better educated and actually give a damn about themselves.
Then a Democrat Liberal fuck will tell them I am their opressor because I don't want to give them anything.

But the reality is I support giving them a fishing pole as opposed to just giving them fish.

The bible even speaks of this, and i quote:

Thessalonians II 3: 8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Somehow i beleive the good Dr. King and his wife, Coretta would be agreeing with me here, not thinking i'm the speaker at a KKK meeting.

Entitlement Programs keep people down, and it has been politically advantageous for the Democrats to keep these programs up and running.
Martin Luther King wasn't a supporter of the public tit, folks, and if you suggest otherwise then you have no clue what his DREAM was all about.

He was fighting for equality for his people, not entitlement. he wanted to be treated equally, not taken care of.
The welfare system is oppressive, and the Democrats support it.
I do not, and if it is being used as a means to make a living instead of a helping hand it is being abused, and that is NOT the fault of the Republicans.

Warham
02-08-2006, 07:49 AM
I believe Clinton connected well with African Americans because he knew what it was like to grow up poor in the segregated South. LBJ might sign civil rights acts, but he was an oilman. Nixon & Reagan deliberately played to the racists (see "Southern Strategy") When Clinton said he "felt their pain", in many ways, he literslly had.

and it didn't hurt that he went on the Arsenio Hall show either ;)

Clinton also said he was one of the first white boys in Arkansas to not give up his seat in the front of the bus too. Call him the male version of Rosa Parks.

DLR'sCock
02-08-2006, 09:30 AM
While I agree with the message, I don't agree with the time and place, as there is always a time and a place for everything.

Then again, the repukes are just as guilty in the past as well. I can why the preacher did it, it was his only chance and his 2 minutes.

Carter should have refrained, even though he is correct. He will have plenty to say when he is called in to testify.

DLR'sCock
02-08-2006, 09:37 AM
On a side note, I only heard about what happened last night, I didn't see it, but I could see what the headlines would be and I knew the usual suspects would try their best to make a big deal out of this. The repukes and the right wing lunatic nut jobs who have no probelm murdering people so that business as usual may continue are quite desperate and in a corner.

It's pretty funny.

Nickdfresh
02-08-2006, 09:43 AM

Oh, so only ARKANSAS blacks support CLINTON...

Actually, CLINTON was a much better President for working people in general. And for everyone here that wants to make the vaguely racist claim that "da' blacks like Clinton 'cause he give dem' welfare." That's largely bullshit! In fact, welfare reform such as 'workfare' was initiated under Clinton's administration....

The bottom line is better economy, no jobs outsourcing, and no big oil connections=popular president with the underclass

He relates to them in many ways. "Bill Clinton was the first black president!" --Chris ROCK

Warham
02-08-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't think paying high taxes during the 90's was a kind thing for Clinton to do to me.

I noticed after the 2000 election that my paychecks started to get bigger. Go figure.

diamondD
02-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Oh, so only ARKANSAS blacks support CLINTON...

Actually, CLINTON was a much better President for working people in general. And for everyone here that wants to make the vaguely racist claim that "da' blacks like Clinton 'cause he give dem' welfare." That's largely bullshit! In fact, welfare reform such as 'workfare' was initiated under Clinton's administration....

The bottom line is better economy, no jobs outsourcing, and no big oil connections=popular president with the underclass

He relates to them in many ways. "Bill Clinton was the first black president!" --Chris ROCK

No Nick, once again you've overreacted without trying to understand what I meant and gone off on your own tangent. I was talking about how he became connected with blacks and it wasn't from growing up with them. It was the relationship he built as governor that cemented his role with black people before he took it nationwide.

Nickdfresh
02-08-2006, 11:39 AM
I don't think paying high taxes during the 90's was a kind thing for Clinton to do to me.

I noticed after the 2000 election that my paychecks started to get bigger. Go figure.

Think of it as a credit card your children will have to payoff...

Woo-hoooo! That extra $300-$400 dollars a year you can just put in your gastank!

Nickdfresh
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
No Nick, once again you've overreacted without trying to understand what I meant and gone off on your own tangent. I was talking about how he became connected with blacks and it wasn't from growing up with them. It was the relationship he built as governor that cemented his role with black people before he took it nationwide.

Yes I went off on a tangent. But CLINTON did have some real relations with blacks growing up which enabled him to relate to blacks. Also class, not race, plays a huge part in this. Since about 75% of what passes for racism is actually "classism."

Warham
02-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Think of it as a credit card your children will have to payoff...

Woo-hoooo! That extra $300-$400 dollars a year you can just put in your gastank!

How do you know the money isn't going to my kids?

Hey, you know what, you can always ask the feds to take more out of your paycheck if your so worried about the feds' credit card debt. I somehow doubt that's going to happen though. In fact any of you liberals here who think they pay too little in taxes have the option of donating more to the feds any time you like. You might find it invigorating.

FORD
02-08-2006, 01:15 PM
How do you know the money isn't going to my kids?

Hey, you know what, you can always ask the feds to take more out of your paycheck if your so worried about the feds' credit card debt. I somehow doubt that's going to happen though. In fact any of you liberals here who think they pay too little in taxes have the option of donating more to the feds any time you like. You might find it invigorating.

As long as warmongering fascists illegally occupy my nation's capitol, I shouldn't have to pay taxes at all.

4moreyears
02-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Did he tell you that?

4moreyears
02-08-2006, 01:34 PM
As long as warmongering fascists illegally occupy my nation's capitol, I shouldn't have to pay taxes at all. They do not occupy the White House, they were eleceted by the people of this country.

Nickdfresh
02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Did he tell you that?

Well, since to the best of my knowledge he was an atheist, or perhaps a pantheist/new ager at best --religiously speaking, I think it's a pretty strong inference...

Roy Munson
02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
As long as warmongering fascists illegally occupy my nation's capitol, I shouldn't have to pay taxes at all.

No. You should be returning the extra money you've received from the Bush tax-cuts. That way your actions would be consistent with your mouth.

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/messageboard/smiley/kfan/box.gif

FORD
02-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
No. You should be returning the extra money you've received from the Bush tax-cuts. That way your actions would be consistent with your mouth.

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/messageboard/smiley/kfan/box.gif

Well, that would be an idea......except I never got a penny from the Chimp bastard.

4moreyears
02-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Well, that would be an idea......except I never got a penny from the Chimp bastard.

Why Ford, don't you pay taxes?

FORD
02-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Why Ford, don't you pay taxes?

Yes, I actually pay them. As opposed to what most rich Republicans do, which is avoid paying them any way possible.

Warham
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM

Not paying your taxes, FORD?

Can the IRS get you for evasion?

FORD
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Not paying your taxes, FORD?

Can the IRS get you for evasion?

Not a chance....unlike neocon propagandist and false messiah Sun Myung Moon :D

Cathedral
02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
The whole dog and pony show didn't do anything but generate sympathy for Bush.
It came across as an attack and he rose above it and did what he went there to do.

I hope this trend keeps up so the people finally undertsand how manipulative the Democratic Party has become.

I'll seriously be surprised if the party gains any seats at all this year.
I see more loses ahead for the Democrats, but i don't think it is really a good thing for the country to see half of it collapse.

Y'all better get your heads out of your asses and step up to the plate or we'll all get swallowed up.

VOTE GREEN!

FORD
02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Anybody remember Reagan's funeral?

Better yet, how about the 6 weeks of idolatrous worship that surrounded it?

Of course, that wasn't partisan..... :rolleyes:

Cathedral
02-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Sure it was, and it was disgusting just the same.
This idea that we have adopted, the do unto others as they do unto you, is sad.

We should be speaking out against our political leaders acting like children instead of rallying behind them in support of such behavior.

but hey, that's just me...

ELVIS
02-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Well, since to the best of my knowledge he was an atheist, or perhaps a pantheist/new ager at best --religiously speaking, I think it's a pretty strong inference...

Executive Mansion
Washington, Nov.21, 1864

To Mrs. Bixby, Boston, Mass.
Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons
who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But
I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have
laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.

Yours very sincerely and respectfully
A. Lincoln

Yeah, he was an atheist...:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
02-09-2006, 12:23 AM
I refuse to even read this thread, let alone participate in it.

Fuck ANY of you Cons in here that agree with this thread title.

Just Fuck You.

You're too stupid to even get it.

ELVIS
02-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Get what ??

diamondD
02-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Who the fuck cares?

Nickdfresh
02-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Executive Mansion
Washington, Nov.21, 1864

To Mrs. Bixby, Boston, Mass.
Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons
who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But
I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have
laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.

Yours very sincerely and respectfully
A. Lincoln

Yeah, he was an atheist...:rolleyes:

LINCOLN never belonged to a church, and never said he was a Christian. He was also accused of being an "infidel" and a heathen....

Warham
02-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Anybody remember Reagan's funeral?

Better yet, how about the 6 weeks of idolatrous worship that surrounded it?

Of course, that wasn't partisan..... :rolleyes:

Ron Reagan took a cheap shot at Bush at that funeral too.

Warham
02-09-2006, 07:17 AM
LINCOLN never belonged to a church, and never said he was a Christian. He was also accused of being an "infidel" and a heathen....

I think you're confusing him with his wife, who liked to do seances.

ULTRAMAN VH
02-09-2006, 09:03 AM
I agree with Cathedral, vote green. Both parties behave like school children.

Nickdfresh
02-09-2006, 09:28 AM

Atheist is the wrong word LINCOLN. Be he was a primal, intuitive when it came to religion and rejected organized religion. He also believed in precognition/ESP...

It's been said that he dreamt his own death, as President, on more than one occasion...

Warham
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I've got precognition as well. I'm usually able to tell you which tune is coming on the musak system at the grocery store before the song is actually played.

I don't think that'll make me any money though.

FORD
02-09-2006, 03:53 PM

No, that was Nancy Reagan.

Warham
02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
No, that was Nancy Reagan.

No, Nancy was just interested in astrology.

Cathedral
02-09-2006, 11:58 PM

Abraham Lincoln didn't talk much about religion, even with his best friends, and you're right, he didn’t belong to any church.

But he once confided to a friend that his religious code was the same as an old man he knew in Indiana, who said, “When I do good, I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad, and that’s my religion.”

4moreyears
02-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Abraham Lincoln didn't talk much about religion, even with his best friends, and you're right, he didn’t belong to any church.

But he once confided to a friend that his religious code was the same as an old man he knew in Indiana, who said, “When I do good, I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad, and that’s my religion.”

Good way to live life. Simple but effective.

FORD
02-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Ron Reagan took a cheap shot at Bush at that funeral too.

Ron Reagan took a shot at all the neocon shitbags who were hijacking his father's corpse for their own agenda. And he was right to do so.

diamondD
02-10-2006, 01:10 PM
It's only right when the left does it is what you are saying...

Warham
02-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Ron Reagan took a shot at all the neocon shitbags who were hijacking his father's corpse for their own agenda. And he was right to do so.

Funerals aren't a place to take cheap shots at people, no matter how wrong your opinion is.

FORD
02-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Funerals aren't a place to take cheap shots at people, no matter how wrong your opinion is.

Well, if it had been me at my father's funeral, and a bunch of neocon shitbags were constantly implying that he endorsed their fascist, American-hating agenda, I wouldn't have been as diplomatic as Ron Jr. was

(Just an example, as my father is still very much alive, but not a politician)

Another thing that happenned at Jellybean head's funeral is that the neocon shitbags, in their attempts to hijack Reagan, made constant references to the myth of the "failed" Carter presidency.

They didn't care that Jimmy Carter was in the room.

And yet you expect people with a history of oppression that goes back centuries to modify their funeral service for a Chimp who represents the very same fucking mentality that enslaved them?

Ever consider the fact that the Black church has been the one consistent refuge that these people have had from the racist bastards over the years?

These people weren't there to bash the Chimp. They were there to honor Mrs King and to speak the truth. And there's no reason they shouldn't have done exactly that.

It's just too bad that it takes a funeral to have the truth told in public anymore :(

Warham
02-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey, I said take 'cheap shots', not 'don't tell the truth'. Jimmy Carter did have a failed presidency, and the numbers he put up while in office prove it.

Who's been racist? Republicans? Hardly!

jhale667
02-10-2006, 01:45 PM

And yet you expect people with a history of oppression that goes back centuries to modify their funeral service for a Chimp who represents the very same fucking mentality that enslaved them?

Ever consider the fact that the Black church has been the one consistent refuge that these people have had from the racist bastards over the years?

These people weren't there to bash the Chimp. They were there to honor Mrs King and to speak the truth. And there's no reason they shouldn't have done exactly that.

He's got you guys there. ;)

Warham
02-10-2006, 01:48 PM
No he doesn't.

They did bash the 'Chimp', while Bill Clinton eloquently remarked...

'gee, there's a dead woman in that coffin right there in front of us.'

diamondD
02-10-2006, 01:51 PM
He's got you guys there. ;)

Where exactly? Which part of that mumbo jumbo is supposed to convince me that taking shots at ANYONE at a funeral isn't low class, Republican or Democrat.

Angel
02-10-2006, 02:55 PM
No he doesn't.

They did bash the 'Chimp', while Bill Clinton eloquently remarked...

'gee, there's a dead woman in that coffin right there in front of us.'

And from then on, I stopped focussing on Bush, and switched my focus to Mrs. King. Everyone needed to be reminded that there was an actual human being in that box, not just a political figure.

I can only imagine that Mrs. King was smiling down on that service, and enjoying every minute of it.

I missed Carter, so can't comment on his remarks.

I found it quite ironic looking at GWB while one of the most peace-loving activists in your country was being laid to rest. Damn, you "frozen chosen" have to lighten up for fucks sake.

You need to experience an Irish wake, with the body right there in the room with you while you party away....

Nickdfresh
02-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey, I said take 'cheap shots', not 'don't tell the truth'. Jimmy Carter did have a failed presidency, and the numbers he put up while in office prove it.

Who's been racist? Republicans? Hardly!

Well pot fucking kettle WARHAM...

The pResident's spying-on-Americans policy IS ILLEGAL, and BUSH's idiotic political appointments caused needless deaths in New Orleans and embarrassed the US by leaving bodies floating in the water for weeks after. And oh yeah, the War started on faulty intelligence...

Nickdfresh
02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Where exactly? Which part of that mumbo jumbo is supposed to convince me that taking shots at ANYONE at a funeral isn't low class, Republican or Democrat.

Really, when the last time you spoke out against a Republican giving out cheap shots, at a funeral or anywhere else?

Yeah right, you're so "unbiased" DD...:rolleyes:

Warham
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM

The pResident's spying-on-Americans policy IS ILLEGAL, and BUSH's idiotic political appointments caused needless deaths in New Orleans and embarrassed the US by leaving bodies floating in the water for weeks after. And oh yeah, the War started on faulty intelligence...

Well, apparently if it's illegal, the Justice Dept didn't know about it when they told him he could do it in the first place.

Uh, actually if the levees were built and maintained correctly, lives could have been spared. How is that Bush's fault when we are going back some thirty plus years? What about the state and local people who were in charge of seeing that the money was correctly allocated all those years?

Warham
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Really, when the last time you spoke out against a Republican giving out cheap shots, at a funeral or anywhere else?

Republicans don't dish out cheap shots at funerals. They are dignified that way.

Cathedral
02-10-2006, 05:06 PM

You see, since a Republican did it that makes it ok for a Democrat to do it, and vice versa.
Decency has nothing to do with it anymore when it's a high profile person.

I attended a funeral this afternoon and oddly enough there wasn't any political spin or applause going on at all, just people paying their last respects and mourning a beautiful 37 year old woman who died way too young.

It just showed me that most people are on a different level than the rest, and what they see as appropriate doesn't jive with what i see as appropriate.

Would you be richer than the king's?
Find pleasure in simple things.................

jhale667
02-10-2006, 07:38 PM

Uh, actually if the levees were built and maintained correctly, lives could have been spared. How is that Bush's fault when we are going back some thirty plus years?

OK, correct me if I'm wrong here...was there not a pre-Katrina (by a couple of years) push to reinforce the levees that was SHOT DOWN by the Chimp administration as "too costly"? Seems like I recall hearing that on the news....:confused:

Cathedral
02-10-2006, 09:02 PM
OK, correct me if I'm wrong here...was there not a pre-Katrina (by a couple of years) push to reinforce the levees that was SHOT DOWN by the Chimp administration as "too costly"? Seems like I recall hearing that on the news....:confused:

There was a funding cut that Bush proposed, but the levee issue was ignored by the local government for 30 years, so they weren't allocating the funds to the levee issues where they should have been and they were apparently spending it on other things or pocketing it through some form of corruption or another.

They sure did raise a stink when those cuts were proposed though, as if they finally after 30 years were all of a sudden going to do something about the levees.

And then came Katrina, and they broke.

Liberals though, would like to pin it on Bush, and they try, oh Lord they try.

jhale667
02-10-2006, 09:20 PM
There was a funding cut that Bush proposed, but the levee issue was ignored by the local government for 30 years, so they weren't allocating the funds to the levee issues where they should have been and they were apparently spending it on other things or pocketing it through some form of corruption or another.

They sure did raise a stink when those cuts were proposed though, as if they finally after 30 years were all of a sudden going to do something about the levees.

And then came Katrina, and they broke.

Liberals though, would like to pin it on Bush, and they try, oh Lord they try.

Thanks for the clarification. ;) I can totally see the local gov't. not doing their part either, what with the legendary reputation for corruption they have.....

4moreyears
02-10-2006, 09:31 PM

Bush ordered the Hurricane!!!

diamondD
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Nick, I think you are one of the last people I will ever care about talking about being unbiased...

Nickdfresh
02-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Nick, I think you are one of the last people I will ever care about talking about being unbiased...

Yeah well, your little "I'm a sensible moderate" act is stale...

rustoffa
02-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Angel
You need to experience an Irish wake, with the body right there in the room with you while you party away....

:confused:

diamondD
02-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah well, your little "I'm a sensible moderate" act is stale...

There's a difference between fucking with FORD and how I vote.

Now go call 4moreyears a fag 100 more times and then get back to me about being stale.