PDA

View Full Version : Cream To Play More Concerts!!!!

Hardrock69
02-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Cream plan further reunion dates

Legendary rock trio Cream are to reunite again for a handful of city concerts, according to bassist and singer Jack Bruce.

Bruce joined guitarist Eric Clapton and drummer Ginger Baker last year for a number of shows in London and New York.

It was the band's first return to the stage since they split in 1968.

Speaking hours before Cream were due to receive a Grammy award career honour, he said: "We will play more, but where and when I'm not at liberty to say."

Hall of Fame

Bruce added: "What we feel is that it's so special, and also so emotionally draining that it's not something we could do every day."

But he declined to say when an official announcement might be made, joking that he would "get chopped" if he said anything.

Cream - whose hits include Sunshine of Your Love - split acrimoniously in 1968, with Clapton going on to carve out a successful solo career.

Apart from last year's reunion, the last time they appeared together was for a three-song performance 13 years ago when the trio were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The 2005 concerts at London's Royal Albert Hall in London and New York's Madison Square Garden proved a huge success - selling out in hours and raking in millions of pounds for the band.

Cream's publicist Kristen Foster said at the time the band - who have sold more than 35 million albums worldwide - had "no plans for the future".

Bruce, 62, is in Los Angeles to collect a Grammy Award Lifetime Achievement award on behalf of the band.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4692496.stm

Golden AWe
02-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I should be there!

Larve the ROYAL ALBERT HALL live.

FORD
02-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Hmmmm..... is Clapton anywhere near LA right now?

Hardrock69
02-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Beats the tarnation outta me.....

:confused:

OfficerJimmy
02-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Anybody hear Roth criticize Cream's reunion on his radio show?