PDA

View Full Version : FUCK the Academy!!! (Oscars)

Vinnie Velvet
02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Fuck the whole Academy.

Fuck the Oscars.

Revenge of the Sith was no doubt the biggest movie in terms of SOUND, VISUAL EFFECTS and so on and it doesn't get nominated for either.

Its obvious the Academy (Hollywood) still hates Lucas for being an independent filmaker who basically does what he wants and does not have to listen to studio execs., etc.

The first Star Wars Lucas had to get buy in to get it done -- it won 7 oscars.

Empire, he financed himself as well as Jedi. Both only received a special achievement award for visual effects.

By Episode I, Lucas had everything. Not only an effects company but also everything else (THX, LucasArts, etc) and so on (and ushered in the era of digital movie making -- instead of using standard film).

Fuck the Oscars.

bueno bob
02-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Absolutely.

RotS was without a doubt the best sounding, best looking, best special effects movie of the year...of the last THREE years...

I guess they were pissed because Obi Wan and Anakin didn't realize an undying passion for each other on Planet Brokeback?

Vinnie Velvet
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Absolutely.

RotS was without a doubt the best sounding, best looking, best special effects movie of the year...of the last THREE years...

I guess they were pissed because Obi Wan and Anakin didn't realize an undying passion for each other on Planet Brokeback?

Yeah, no kidding.

Forgot to mention though
, that the Academy (without completely looking like a bunch of dumb fucks) did nominate ROTS for Best Makeup in that category.

But NOTHING for sound, visual effects, etc.

Cathedral
02-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Lucas has our money, support, and our respect, he doesn't need that little statue.
It comes as no surprise to me as these stupid awards shows became a sham several decades ago.

In Golden Holywood it meant something to actors because it meant a pay raise....These days salaries have become standardized so it doesn't do much more than make more casting directors look your way.

That hardly means much to high caliber stars like Pacino, Hoffman, Willis, Kidman, Cruise etc. they pick their projects.

Maybe if Oscar was real Gold?

It's all politics and i'm sure Lucas doesn't give a shit, the movie was still the best of the year.

Vinnie Velvet
02-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

It's all politics and i'm sure Lucas doesn't give a shit, the movie was still the best of the year.

I know, he doesn't give a shit and never has.

The people responded making it the #1 grossing movie in the US (Fag boy Potter dipped just past it for the top movie worldwide).

Afterall, it did win favorite movie at the People's Choice Awards.

Nitro Express
02-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm starting the think that little gold statue is nothing more than a dildo to pleasure your gay lover with. Does it come with lube?

fe_lung
02-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Didn't Lucas quit all the guilds over problems with the opening credits of Empire? That might have something to do with his continued snubs.

DavidLeeNatra
02-09-2006, 04:28 PM
RotS sucked...

BigBadBrian
02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Look at the Grammy's.

Another Award Show that needs to have a bullet put in it.

Worthless.

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
RotS sucked...

Shut up.

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Didn't Lucas quit all the guilds over problems with the opening credits of Empire? That might have something to do with his continued snubs.

Yeah, that has something to do with it as well.

He's not a part of any guild or association.

The director's guild threatened to postpone the release of Empire and Lucas had just had about enough and said "FUCK YOU".

DavidLeeNatra
02-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Shut up.

I can do so...but it still sucks...fucking CGI orgie with absolutely no atmosphere...like a playstation game...

fe_lung
02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah, that has something to do with it as well.

He's not a part of any guild or association.

The director's guild threatened to postpone the release of Empire and Lucas had just had about enough and said "FUCK YOU".

Didn't he get fined out the ass as well for having the credits at the end rather than the beginning? Pissed off the writers guild, directors guild, producers guild, etc...

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I can do so...but it still sucks...fucking CGI orgie with absolutely no atmosphere...like a playstation game...

Oh poo!

How can you deny the intensity of my "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" at the end of the film?!?!?

I worked my ASS off on getting that just right! :mad:

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 12:12 PM

Go and play with your puppets then.

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Didn't he get fined out the ass as well for having the credits at the end rather than the beginning? Pissed off the writers guild, directors guild, producers guild, etc...

Yeah, that's true.

I think that was mentioned in the documentary that came with the Trilogy DVDs.

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Fuck the Academy!!!

Revenge of the Sith, bitch!!!!

:D

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Fuck the Academy!!!

Revenge of the Sith, bitch!!!!

:D

HELL YEAH!!!

FUCK THE BITCHES!!!

SITH ROCKS!

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Yoda vs. Sidious...Obi Wan vs. Anakin = 2 of the top 5 fights ever filmed...for any film genre...ever.

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Yoda vs. Sidious...Obi Wan vs. Anakin = 2 of the top 5 fights ever filmed...for any film genre...ever.

Damn straight.

HEAR THAT, BITCHES??!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
02-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Go and play with your puppets then.

I can't...they are computer animated...and if I'd do...the movie still sucks...

Vinnie Velvet
02-13-2006, 08:50 AM
I can't...they are computer animated...and if I'd do...the movie still sucks...

Thank you.

Now please leave.

:p

DavidLeeNatra
02-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Thank you.

Now please leave.

:p

come on...serious...was it nessecary to CGI everything??? chewbaka? yoda? I don't mind having an actor in a suit from time to time...

the movie was far away from what I expected...so were the sound F/X...it just has the "star wars" brand on it...

Vinnie Velvet
02-13-2006, 09:00 AM
come on...serious...was it nessecary to CGI everything??? chewbaka? yoda? I don't mind having an actor in a suit from time to time...

the movie was far away from what I expected...so were the sound F/X...it just has the "star wars" brand on it...

Well, I guess when you've got the technology, use it.

Yoda was CG'd so that he could obviously be more mobile than a puppet.

How much of a joke would it be to have a puppet Yoda fight the Emperor??

Remember fights scenes in the Muppet movies?? Yeah, you get the point.

Chewbacca wasn't CG'd. However, some of the lesser known Wookies during the fight scenes were.

DavidLeeNatra
02-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Well, I guess when you've got the technology, use it.

agree on that...but don't just use it to use it...if you see "batman begins" they find a perfect mixture of real studio settings, models and CGI...they use it to make a "real" scenario perfect. same with "lord of the rings". if it's just CGI it looks like a computer game.

Vinnie Velvet
02-13-2006, 11:56 AM
agree on that...but don't just use it to use it...if you see "batman begins" they find a perfect mixture of real studio settings, models and CGI...they use it to make a "real" scenario perfect. same with "lord of the rings". if it's just CGI it looks like a computer game.

Not all of ROTS was CG.

Creating "Star Wars" type of worlds is different than other movies.

Sure, there are similar enviornments to our world, but what if you could do even more??

Lucas had the whole Anakin-Obi-Wan fight on a lava planet in his head since he started writing Star Wars in the early 70s.

Now imagine trying to film a fight scene in that kind of environment in 1977!

It was impossible.

But now, they can create that type of environment digitally.

DavidLeeNatra
02-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Not all of ROTS was CG.

Creating "Star Wars" type of worlds is different than other movies.

Sure, there are similar enviornments to our world, but what if you could do even more??

Lucas had the whole Anakin-Obi-Wan fight on a lava planet in his head since he started writing Star Wars in the early 70s.

Now imagine trying to film a fight scene in that kind of environment in 1977!

It was impossible.

But now, they can create that type of environment digitally.

I give you that...but they've taken it too far IMO. the movie is "flat"...and they should have paid more attention to the characters, story and dialogues as well...it's a good "popcorn"-movie but has absolutely no potential to become a "classic"...

Vinnie Velvet
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
I give you that...but they've taken it too far IMO. the movie is "flat"...and they should have paid more attention to the characters, story and dialogues as well...it's a good "popcorn"-movie but has absolutely no potential to become a "classic"...

That's a matter of opinion.

;)

DavidLeeNatra
02-13-2006, 02:30 PM
That's a matter of opinion.

;)

no...it's a matter of quality...no one will talk about I-III while IV-VI will still be seen on special occasions and retros...at the end it's all about the story...as billy wilder said...to make a good movie, you need three things...a good book, a good book and a good book...