PDA

View Full Version : A Fucked Up Night...

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 05:28 AM
So I went and picked up my wife from work earlier tonight...all things as normal...brought her home, and then I realized that I hadn't really been out grocery shopping, so there wasn't jack shit in the house to make for dinner. Obviously, I've got three starving to death children begging for food before they all die, so I decided to go up to the store (about a three minute drive from our place) to get some dinner.

I parked, walked inside the store and picked out some easy shit - a couple of microwavable pizzas (for Cody and Mikk), a chicken nugget TV dinner (for Austin) and two cans of Beefaroni (for Arletta). Myself, I'm moderating my food intake, so I opted to pass on dinner (I wasn't really hungry, anyway).

I paid, got everything put into one plastic bag (as there wasn't all that much), walked outside into the parking lot, and the wind had picked up again. Now, it's important to clarify that the wind has been REALLY strong here as of late and gusting VERY heavily.

I was putting the bag of food into the passengers side of my car, and as I looked up, I noticed there were a few loose shopping carts standing around in the lot...and that the wind was blowing them! I thought "Oh, shit...this is going to suck for some people right about now", and the carts rolled off and hit two or three different vehicles. Not bad, you know...no damage or anything. I'd have stopped them if I had had a chance, but there wasn't really any time to do so.

Anyway, I got in my car and began to drive off when all of a sudden this car with two kids (and by kids, I mean maybe 22-25ish, age-wise) pull up right next to me and start flagging me. Being the inquisitive sort, I rolled down my window to see what they needed.

"Hey man - you ARE aware that you just bashed my car with two of your shopping carts, right?" says the one. "Yeah, we just fucking saw you do it," his passenger kicks in.

At this point, I'm figuring these guys have the combined intelligence of a garden hoe, so I kinda roll my eyes at them and say "Is that the case? Really and truly?".

"Yeah - we fucking saw you do it, dude," the first guy says.

"BOTH of my carts hit your car, hunh?", I asked, exaggerating as much as I can for effect.

"That's right," they say.

"Oh really? Well, that's a damn shame I guess...considering I didn't have a shopping cart, let alone two of them, and the wind's blowing them around the lot here like crazy still...so you boys just have yourself a good night now," I say, rolling up my window.

Of course, they give me the "FUCK YOU!"s and middle fingers and so forth, but I don't put much stock behind that out of brats barely out of their teens, so I drive off and head back home.

Remember I said I only lived a few minutes away?

I pulled into my drive-way, drove around the corner to my place, put the car in it's spot, etc...I get out and rushing up behind me is the car from the grocery store.

Mother fuckers followed me home.

I said to myself, "OK then", crossed my arms and just waited - and they drove on by. Now, I figured they'd be circling around or something, so I used the opportunity to take the food inside and had the kids go get their mother (figuring I may end up needing a witness here).

So we go outside and wait to see what's going to happen, and the kids come out and start advancing on my car. OK then. I begin to walk forward towards them when one of them pulls out a FUCKING TASER and begins to threaten us with it.

Now, it's one thing to be dickheads in the parking lot because you're attention starved.

It's yet another thing to follow me home after I brush you off.

IT IS QUITE ANOTHER to threaten me, my family or my property outside of my house. Now I possess about six or seven guns and other forms of self-defense, but I'm not allowed to keep any of them in the house (her rules with the kids, and that's what I got), so she decides that we're going to call the police. Since I don't have any other form of self-defense for either myself or them, I follow her lead and we call the cops...she tells them most of what happens, they later talk to me for the details, and meanwhile I've got two mid-20's kids outside armed with at least a taser (and God knows what else), probably waiting for me to leave...

Anyway, it's been dark, so I can't give them TOO awful much in the way of description, so I give them what I've got and figure that, given five minutes or so, the kids'll be long gone.

The police showed up about five minutes later and nabbed them hiding outside my house. When they were talking to me, they asked me if I wanted to look at them again to make sure I can identify them...I said sure...about that time, they told me they just scanned their car and had just pulled out a taser.

Anyway, the kids ended up getting arrested and I ended up making dinner.

Isn't it grate? I have such a strong effect on people! :D

Hope it was worth it to them...lmao

Douglas T.
02-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Good job Bob! Maintain coolness through the rift!

fryingdutchman
02-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Isn't maintaining composure in the face of danger one of the bedrock principles of LARG?

:D

fryingdutchman
02-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Or maybe that's Scientology...

I always get those two fucked up!

:D :D :D :D

Douglas T.
02-10-2006, 08:26 AM
I have a friend .. a little guy ... if those guys would have approached him. They'd have had both their doors kicked in a broken windshield and and a taser needing surgically removed! Jon saying "NOW you got something real to complain about!" he doesn't get out very much. This is not recommended as we have picked him up off the floor a few times!
Once there was a time I ended up with bullet holes in my car! Not the only time I've dodged a bullet! I'll save that for later ... this is BB's thread. Always do your best to stand down if needed. People get pretty bold on medication!

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 09:00 AM
You know, the sad thing is, I was fully ready to defend my wife/kids and property...had NO ISSUES at all about doing so...but since I can't keep a weapon on my property, and since those two little squirts couldn't bring themselves to party without backup, there goes your night... :rolleyes:

Kids today, I tell ya...chicken-shits, every single one of them...

Oh well...

:)

Douglas T.
02-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Right ON! .. Family first!

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You know, the sad thing is, I was fully ready to defend my wife/kids and property...had NO ISSUES at all about doing so...but since I can't keep a weapon on my property, and since those two little squirts couldn't bring themselves to party without backup, there goes your night... :rolleyes:

Kids today, I tell ya...chicken-shits, every single one of them...

Oh well...

:)

Shit, Bob.

That was indeed a fucked up night.

Glad that the Mrs. and the kids are okay.

Fucking kids these days. Think they can take on the world.

Cathedral
02-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Tazers are illegal here, get caught with one and it's a felony, pull one on me and you get shot in a matter of seconds as i am always armed, ALWAYS!

I agree, kids today are chicken shit punks who are unpredictable, but then again, so am I in such a situation as you found yourself, bueno.

I was raised never to point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them, so if you find yourself in the bead of my barrel i'd suggest not being a smart ass.
Watch your back, retaliation for their legal troubles is a very real possibility.
Maybe now is the time to re-visit this no weapons in the home thing.
I respect the spouses feelings on the subject but times dictate that you can't have your guard down, especially in the one place you should never feel threatened, your home.

manwiththedogs
02-10-2006, 11:07 AM
You played it just right Bob.
Good for you.

bastardog
02-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Here to carry a gun you have to have a permission......You guys are lucky to live in states that allow that.
I can posses one but not carry it......it is stupid

bastardog
02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
And Bob, I think you did the proper
I would went better if you used the force choke on them....not before make them say something stupid with your powers

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Tazers are illegal here, get caught with one and it's a felony, pull one on me and you get shot in a matter of seconds as i am always armed, ALWAYS!

I agree, kids today are chicken shit punks who are unpredictable, but then again, so am I in such a situation as you found yourself, bueno.

I was raised never to point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them, so if you find yourself in the bead of my barrel i'd suggest not being a smart ass.
Watch your back, retaliation for their legal troubles is a very real possibility.
Maybe now is the time to re-visit this no weapons in the home thing.
I respect the spouses feelings on the subject but times dictate that you can't have your guard down, especially in the one place you should never feel threatened, your home.

Which is exactly the way I feel about it, but she doesn't like guns...and with three kids in the house, they stay in storage...and that's about it...

Actually, my Dad has them, now that I think about it...but still...

Well, the police called a few minutes ago and said that they were releasing them, but that they were under strict orders not to be 150 ft near us, our home, our property (car), place of work, etc...

Right now, they're looking at a slap on the wrist, more or less...there's the taser charge, maybe something for harassment, but that won't amount to too much, I don't think.

I think if there's any sort of retaliation, they're smart enough to figure out the police are going to be all over them...nobody else would have any reason to target us, and vandalism of the car at night wouldn't seem very random, exactly...but on top of that, I'm thinking about hooking up the camcorder with night vision to look outside the kitchen window (perfect line sight of the car) so that there's visual evidence...

As far as any physical confrontation, I think they'll know better at this point...they're just punks, anyway...on the "real life" threat scale, 1-10, the both of them are probably a 2 1/2 to me unarmed...

...so I guess we'll see what we'll see...

bueno bob
02-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Shit, Bob.

That was indeed a fucked up night.

Glad that the Mrs. and the kids are okay.

Fucking kids these days. Think they can take on the world.

lol...no shit...the Playstation Generation has grown up, haven't they?

Thanks for the concern, my man.

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
lol...no shit...the Playstation Generation has grown up, haven't they?

Thanks for the concern, my man.

No prob.

:cool:

Hardrock69
02-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Way to go Bob.

Fuck those motherfuckers.

Ozzy Fudd
02-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow Bob Between you and Rustoffa you guys got some wild stories.
I agree Kids today need to be ass wooped and put in their place. this little 17 year old shit head that roams our streets needs it bad. we have had two arson cases here and i know it is this fucker. if he hopps my fence one more time to fuck around in my back yard( last year someone threw a garbage bag full of all kinds of shit in our pool) i say all the one of these nights i will be all dressed up in black waiting in the shadows and ....................the fucker is gettin FUCKED UP. whoops sorry Officer i must have flashed back to Viet Nam i thought they were runnin the wire,.:gun: LOOK OUT HERE THEY COME AGAIN . Fuckin punk dickhead. sorry Bob for rantin . punk kids like these make pissed.

Cathedral
02-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Which is exactly the way I feel about it, but she doesn't like guns...and with three kids in the house, they stay in storage...and that's about it...

Actually, my Dad has them, now that I think about it...but still...

Well, the police called a few minutes ago and said that they were releasing them, but that they were under strict orders not to be 150 ft near us, our home, our property (car), place of work, etc...

Right now, they're looking at a slap on the wrist, more or less...there's the taser charge, maybe something for harassment, but that won't amount to too much, I don't think.

I think if there's any sort of retaliation, they're smart enough to figure out the police are going to be all over them...nobody else would have any reason to target us, and vandalism of the car at night wouldn't seem very random, exactly...but on top of that, I'm thinking about hooking up the camcorder with night vision to look outside the kitchen window (perfect line sight of the car) so that there's visual evidence...

As far as any physical confrontation, I think they'll know better at this point...they're just punks, anyway...on the "real life" threat scale, 1-10, the both of them are probably a 2 1/2 to me unarmed...

...so I guess we'll see what we'll see...

I'm sure you're right, but keep your eyes open just the same, like you've already sort of pointed out, kids today ain't too bright and don't exactly think things through that well.

Rebel
02-10-2006, 09:36 PM
fuckin punks. let them lay down that damn taser. that kinda shit pisses me off.

Macu
02-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Dont worry,Bob,they wont be back.A good thing to keep on hand is pepper spray...

FORD
02-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Bob, do you think the Mrs. would be as strongly opposed to the presence of weapons if you kept them secured in a gun safe, and away from the kids?

Seems like an incident like this one might give you a great opportunity to re-negotiate the terms. These little bastards had a taser, the next ones might have something with a little more range.

Remind me of the time I had some crazed drunken asshole chasing me through town trying to hit my car with a fucking sledgehammer. While driving. drunk.

Would have loved to had a video of that one. I have no idea who the asshole was, or why he suddenly thought he was in a demolition derby right in the middle of fucking Pacific Avenue. If I had been armed for that one, I probably would have slammed on my brakes and then popped one of his tires out.