PDA

View Full Version : Serious Matter

jslav06
02-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Sorry for being a complete downer but today I found out another student in my class in school commit suicide most likely due to bullies. Seriously I myself make fun of people all the time, and I'll probably go to hell for it, but there's definitely a point to stop. I'm just a junior in high school. Last year in my sophomore year another student killed himself. In seventh grade another student in my class, a J Daniel Scruggs (you might have heard of him) commit suicide. Fuckin' ridiculous the bullying problem. There is definitely a point to stop this shit and I like to just as offensive and have a sense of humor as possible, but come on. Sorry for being a downer but I had to get this out.

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Whoa.

That's pretty rough, dude.

Bullying is one thing -- poking fun at your friends, playfully is another.

I remember some kids getting picked on constantly when I was going to school.

Lucky they didn't take life into their own hands.

There's a line that one shouldn't cross, I think.

bastardog
02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Only the good die young
All the evils seem to live forever

Diamondjimi
02-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your classmate.

Kids can be nasty and cruel 'lil fuckers. No different than some adults.
Most people grow out of it. Unfortunately for kids , their social lives pretty much revolve around school. And when you add constant bullying to the equation , life can feel pretty heavy for a young kid.
You're only a kid once . It's sucks when a bully makes it lousy for them.

jslav06
02-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Yeah, man. I gotta fuckin' cheer up. Been a long week. I'm gonna go out and party to some Dave tracks. Don't tell. ;)

Roth On.

jhale667
02-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear that. Go hoist a few in honor of your friend.

Here's what I never understood about that ( as a kid who WAS picked on...until I got bigger and meaner than the bullies in question :rolleyes: )---I would have NEVER considered suicide. That would have been like admitting defeat, or that I somehow thought I deserved the abuse. I guess I was lucky in that I knew better, thanks to my supportive parents....

It's like that old adage goes "Living well is the best revenge"...;)

Dan
02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by jslav06
Sorry for being a complete downer but today I found out another student in my class in school commit suicide most likely due to bullies. Seriously I myself make fun of people all the time, and I'll probably go to hell for it, but there's definitely a point to stop. I'm just a junior in high school. Last year in my sophomore year another student killed himself. In seventh grade another student in my class, a J Daniel Scruggs (you might have heard of him) commit suicide. Fuckin' ridiculous the bullying problem. There is definitely a point to stop this shit and I like to just as offensive and have a sense of humor as possible, but come on. Sorry for being a downer but I had to get this out.

Sorry to hear about this.Go hang out with Friends and take it easy.