PDA

View Full Version : 5 worst calls in this years NFL playoffs

Bob_R
02-11-2006, 10:39 AM
The refs had a rough playoff to say the least. These are the 5 worst calls IMO. Do you guys agree? Have any to add?

Not listed in any order.

1) The pass interference call on NE in the Denver game.
2) The non delay of game call against Chicago.
3) Whatever the heck that guy's name is on the Steelers. He recovered his own fumble late in the Indy game.
4) Big Ben did not score that first TD in the Super Bowl.

Shit, I forgot the 5th one I was thinking of. :(

BITEYOASS
02-11-2006, 04:14 PM
No, the worst call had to be in the Super Bowl. In which the Seattle Seahawks made a touchdown right smack dab in the middle of the endzone and the ref decided that the play wasn't any good! :mad:

Bob_R
02-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
No, the worst call had to be in the Super Bowl. In which the Seattle Seahawks made a touchdown right smack dab in the middle of the endzone and the ref decided that the play wasn't any good! :mad:

That was the 5th one! :)

monkeythe
02-12-2006, 09:09 AM
I think the worst was when Hasselbeck got flagged 15 yards for tackling a guy.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-12-2006, 05:53 PM
You need to scratch off #4...

That's a TD my friend....

Bob_R
02-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
You need to scratch off #4...

That's a TD my friend....

Where did you get that pic dude? That's pretty conclusive that it was a TD.

Some guy at work said that Big Ben admitted it wasn't a TD. Did you hear him admit this? Was the guy at work mistaken?

POJO_Risin
02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
The worst call was the interception that Troy had against the Colts that was called an incomplete pass...

Bob_R
02-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The worst call was the interception that Troy had against the Colts that was called an incomplete pass...

Are you serious broham?

POJO_Risin
02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I got that picture from a newspaper the day after the game...posted it in the Steeler thread...

Most people couldn't see the ball when Roeth fell...and that's when the ball crossed...

POJO_Risin
02-12-2006, 06:13 PM
The interception?

You know...the one in which Troy intercepted the ball...rolled all the way over fumbled it...and recovered...

Far and away the most horrible call I HAVE EVER seen...

Pass interference calls any more are judgment calls...

I agree it sucked in the NE...but not any more than the one in the Pittsburgh/Indy game...or the Pittsburgh Seattle game...

IMO...if you are looking at Pass Interference...and calling them poor calls...well...blame the PI rules...because it's all subjective now...

That play with Roeth...even if he didn't score...he was so fucking close...replay couldn't even clear it up...not until that picture came out the next day...

my point?

When did judgement calls become wrong?

because had he said Roeth didn't score...a BIGGER part of the country would have said the ref was wrong...

lmfao...

POJO_Risin
02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
That call on Hasselbeck was nearly as bad as the Troy INT that was called back...

there should have been no flag for that tackle...

I'd say those are the top 2...and the rest...more or less...a few shades of gray...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Where did you get that pic dude? That's pretty conclusive that it was a TD.

Some guy at work said that Big Ben admitted it wasn't a TD. Did you hear him admit this? Was the guy at work mistaken?

He said on Letterman that he didn't "think" he crossed...

I think he was a little busy at the time, rather than looking over to see if he crossed the goal....

knuckleboner
02-13-2006, 09:20 AM
worst call of the playoffs?

holmgren calling in a running play on the steelers 40 with 48 seconds to go and 1 timeout left in the 1st half. ;)

POJO_Risin
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Holmgren's play calling sucked ass...

scamper
02-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

During the superbowl (game of the week) replay on the NFL channel, they had the Pittsburgh bench miked and none of them thought it was a touchdown. That picture in this thread was after he was down he ball never got that far during the play and by the way, Congrats to all the Pittsburgh fans the team had a great season, probably the best playoff run ever.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-17-2006, 07:01 PM
So he bounced two feet in the air AFTER he hit the ground ??

POJO_Risin
02-17-2006, 10:32 PM
lmfao...

that picture was before he was on the ground...

a second after that picture he hits the ground...and sticks the ball over again...

but the ball...pretty conclusively...went over the goalline...before he hit the ground...