PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Smash Crime!!!

Matt White
02-14-2006, 11:59 AM
LOS ANGELES (Feb. 14) - Would-be criminals beware: you don't want to afoul of Deputy Lou "The Incredible Hulk" Ferrigno.

The former bodybuilder and star of the 1970s TV show no longer turns into a raging green monster when he sees people breaking the law. But since being sworn in Monday night as a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department reserve deputy, he has the power to arrest them.

"I'm having a blast," Ferrigno told The Associated Press after his swearing-in ceremony.

"My father was a police officer with the New York Police Department, I've always had a high respect for officers," he added. "I want to give back to the community, and I want to work with young kids, help them get off drugs."

Ferrigno, 54, began training to become a reserve deputy last September after passing a background check. He completed training in firearms, first aid, and high speed driving techniques and was recognized as "an outstanding trainee" by Sheriff Lee Baca.

"Mr. Ferrigno will certainly help inspire those currently serving as reserves, and he'll be an encouragement to those who may wish to become" reserve deputies, Baca said in a statement.

Ferrigno, who will serve at least 20 hours a month, suffered a partial hearing loss in childhood that will result in his being assigned to duties that likely won't result in his having to make arrests. Instead, he'll focus on helping recruit new deputies and work with the sheriff's Youth Activities League and the Special Victims Bureau, which assists abused children.

Ferrigno was a renowned bodybuilder before he starred in the CBS television series "The Incredible Hulk" from 1977 to 1982. The late actor Bill Bixby played mild-mannered scientist David Bruce Banner who, as Ferrigno, turned into a Herculean, green-skinned monster whenever he lost his temper. He switched back to Bixby's character as soon as he calmed down.

In recent years, Ferrigno has appeared as himself on the CBS sitcom "The King of Queens."

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0b/05/20060214084509990020

Guitar Shark
02-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Awesome. Although he should have worn green paint for the swearing in ceremony.

Matt White
02-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I cun't believe the dudes 54....WOW!

TIME MARCHES ON

DeadOrAlive
02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Yep and he can still whoop any of our asses without a problem. What a stud