PDA

View Full Version : How far have you been from your home?

Macu
02-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Its simple.How far have you been from your home?I was born in Maryland,close to D.C.(Dodge City),and,have been as far as United Arab Emirates.Also,who has been around the world?(geographically,smart-asses)I would think maybe Lounge.Winger was pretty big back in the day.:D No reason,its not a contest,just curious.I hope to circumvent(?) the globe before I die.Thank you for sharing:)

jslav06
02-15-2006, 06:27 PM
I live in CT, and I went to Florida this one time... Oh yeah Aruba... great times... I'm a real world traveler. :D

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Well last year I was in the pits of hell otherwise known as Iraq. And now with Iran enriching Uranium, I'll probably be going back there. :gun: :anger: makes me wanna do the Sam Kinison yell: OH OH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Macu
02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by jslav06
I live in CT, and I went to Florida this one time... Oh yeah Aruba... great times... I'm a real world traveler. :D

Thats cool,jslav,Ive never been to Fla.,or,the Carribean.Would like too,though.After submitting the thread I was wondering if people would think I am trying to brag.I just love new places,and,want to see everywhere.Like I said,its not a contest.Maybe I could have set up the thread differently,buuuut,whats done is done.Maybe I should ask for people to share an experience as well?Thanks for the reply.Macu...

jslav06
02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
No problem, that's what I do. I reply... I reply, goddamit.

Macu
02-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Well last year I was in the pits of hell otherwise known as Iraq. And now with Iran enriching Uranium, I'll probably be going back there. :gun: :anger: makes me wanna do the Sam Kinison yell: OH OH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Once you have experience you get first consideration.I was back for about 5 seconds before being asked to go to Turkey,and, Macedonia.(I was in HELL pt.1)My wife was 7 months pregnant with our second,and,I had a fractured spine,so,I declined.They told me if I changed my mind...Once was enough for me.I wish you the best,bro.And thanks for the reply.

Macu
02-15-2006, 06:50 PM
No problem, that's what I do. I reply... I reply, goddamit.

:cool: :) :D

sagebrush
02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Born in west virginia went to north carolina , 29 palms cali , texas, virginia , ohio , boston , mexico , iraq , china , france , and back home ! thank you uncle sam.

singerman
02-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Born in England flew to New Zealand via U.S.A lived in NZ for a year came back to England via Malaisia...total flying time....52 fucking hours!!!! round the world yyyaahhoooo!!

Macu
02-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by sagebrush
Born in west virginia went to north carolina , 29 palms cali , texas, virginia , ohio , boston , mexico , iraq , china , france , and back home ! thank you uncle sam.

Nice tour.China?What the fuck were you doing in China?Or is it one of those things where you would have to kill me if you told me?:D oh,and,thanks for the reply.

Macu
02-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by singerman
Born in England flew to New Zealand via U.S.A lived in NZ for a year came back to England via Malaisia...total flying time....52 fucking hours!!!! round the world yyyaahhoooo!!

Around the world in 52 hours!Although not a contest,we have a WINNER!For the first person to reply with a round the world post,you win,...wait for it............................no really,its not a contest.:D Do you feel any differently with this experience?Also,I have never been to the southern hemisphere.I believe you get different energies from different places,so,I am curious.And,of course,from all of us here at Macu World Headquarters,thanks for the reply...

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Macu
Once you have experience you get first consideration.I was back for about 5 seconds before being asked to go to Turkey,and, Macedonia.(I was in HELL pt.1)My wife was 7 months pregnant with our second,and,I had a fractured spine,so,I declined.They told me if I changed my mind...Once was enough for me.I wish you the best,bro.And thanks for the reply.

Well I haven't received the phone call yet, but instinct tells me they will. I wasn't in the shit the last time I was there, yet I was pretty close to it. The heat, worrying about helos colliding into the 7-ton was more likely than the occasional rocket attack, although one time there was a whole barrage of them when that story about the Koran being flushed down the toilet hit. And it especially isn't fun when your working around 10,000 tons of explosives!

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Well I haven't received the phone call yet, but instinct tells me they will. I wasn't in the shit the last time I was there, yet I was pretty close to it. The heat, worrying about helos colliding into the 7-ton was more likely than the occasional rocket attack, although one time there was a whole barrage of them when that story about the Koran being flushed down the toilet hit. And it especially isn't fun when your working around 10,000 tons of explosives!

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Damn computer

Macu
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM

I hear you,man.Bottom line is:there is no real safe place.More people died in accidents than in combat when I was there.And yeah,the fucking heat.You feel like your brain is cooking inside your kevlar.I left my tracks all over that mother-fucking,and,when I think back on it,I am one lucky dude.I was more paranoid on MSR Dodge than in Kuwait city.Saw more death there as well.I also just missed the scud missile that killed those 28,or,so nogos from PA.The accident that fucked up my back claimed a few as well.Saw one guy get run over in a fucking motor pool! Stress...

blonddgirl777
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Its simple.How far have you been from your home?:)

From Montréal, Canada to Canton, China and Hong Kong (for work)... :cato2:
I had to dig for a while! L.O.L.

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 10:35 PM
I hear you,man.Bottom line is:there is no real safe place.More people died in accidents than in combat when I was there.And yeah,the fucking heat.You feel like your brain is cooking inside your kevlar.I left my tracks all over that mother-fucking,and,when I think back on it,I am one lucky dude.I was more paranoid on MSR Dodge than in Kuwait city.Saw more death there as well.I also just missed the scud missile that killed those 28,or,so nogos from PA.The accident that fucked up my back claimed a few as well.Saw one guy get run over in a fucking motor pool! Stress...

Hell, one time me and some other Marines were doing a pickup of expired ordnance from a CH-46 at night. The first thing that goes wrong is that PC (Production Control) forgot to call base security and we would have been shot had one of us not turned the 7-ton lights on, then the CH-46 Landed in the wrong spot right behind us, then the SOB decided to taxi forward, so we ran like hell as the CH-46 went along side the 7-ton with the blades a few feet above the top. What a fun time that was! (sarcasm)

BITEYOASS
02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Speaking of accidents, one of the Sgt's from my squadron got killed in Afghanistan when he was going from the FOB to the main base about less than a year ago.

Macu
02-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
From Montréal, Canada to Canton, China and Hong Kong (for work)... :cato2:
I had to dig for a while! L.O.L.

That must have taken a long time.I have always wanted to go to China.I tried to go when I was a kid,but,my mom stopped me.:mad:
Aaaaaaaand,she made me put the dirt back in the hole!Things were never the same between us after that.:D Thanks,BG

Macu
02-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Hell, one time me and some other Marines were doing a pickup of expired ordnance from a CH-46 at night. The first thing that goes wrong is that PC (Production Control) forgot to call base security and we would have been shot had one of us not turned the 7-ton lights on,

Reminds me of that saying,"Theres no such such thing as "Friendly fire"".

Macu
02-16-2006, 05:55 AM
Speaking of accidents, one of the Sgt's from my squadron got killed in Afghanistan when he was going from the FOB to the main base about less than a year ago.

Sorry to hear that,man.Fucking incredible.

Golden AWe
02-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Oh I've been soooo hiiiiigh...this is Golden AWe can you hear me galaxy...

Millermoos
02-16-2006, 10:01 AM
I have been quite far. I enjoy travelling around.
M.

Macu
02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Oh I've been soooo hiiiiigh...this is Golden AWe can you hear me galaxy...

GAWe,you are like the Jimi Hendrix of the RothArmy.:cool: Thanks for sharing.:)

Macu
02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
I have been quite far. I enjoy travelling around.
M.

Dont be shy,M,tell us,tell us!Details,we need details!Pleeeeeeease?:)

Golden AWe
02-16-2006, 11:56 AM
GAWe,you are like the Jimi Hendrix of the RothArmy.:cool: Thanks for sharing.:)

ahahah...gotta say that's something I've never ever heard before, ahahha...kewl...

Nitro Express
02-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I've been on every continent including Antartica. Traveled a ton with my parents growing up and had seen much of Europe, South America, and Asia by the time I was 12. We even went to Russia in the communist days. Still have fond memories of Russian soldiers harrassing some of the Americans on the train but they were very nice to me. Hey, kids are liked everywhere I guess. LOL!

I've been around the world and took a special trip to say I did it. Went from the US to Iceland, Iceland to Norway, Sweden, and Finland. Findland to Russia. Took the Trans Siberian Railway to Vladiovostok (the longest fucking trainride you will ever take, I forgot how many time zones on that one). Vladiovostok Russia to Japan, Japan to the US.

Macu
02-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I've been on every continent including Antartica. Traveled a ton with my parents growing up and had seen much of Europe, South America, and Asia by the time I was 12. We even went to Russia in the communist days. Still have fond memories of Russian soldiers harrassing some of the Americans on the train but they were very nice to me. Hey, kids are liked everywhere I guess. LOL!

I've been around the world and took a special trip to say I did it. Went from the US to Iceland, Iceland to Norway, Sweden, and Finland. Finland to Russia. Took the Trans Siberian Railway to Vladiovostok (the longest fucking trainride you will ever take, I forgot how many time zones on that one). Vladiovostok Russia to Japan, Japan to the US.

WOW! I have too many questions.Please feel free to expound on your experiences.I am truly envious.Were your parents diplomats,or something?Antarctica?Woah,dude,I cant imagine a situation where I would be in Antarctica.You have truly earned the title,"World Travelor".Thanks for the reply.

Macu
02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
ahahah...gotta say that's something I've never ever heard before, ahahha...kewl...

Put it in your sig...

Coyote
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Furthest I've been so far: Brighton, England, during the '99 soccer championship finals. Germany vs. Britain. Easy to remember when the locals mistake you for Germans...

Macu
02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Furthest I've been so far: Brighton, England, during the '99 soccer championship finals. Germany vs. Britain. Easy to remember when the locals mistake you for Germans...

It sounds like you may have had some trouble?I am conjuring up images of drunken,rowdy,football hooligans.Thanks,man...

Coyote
02-16-2006, 07:09 PM
It sounds like you may have had some trouble?I am conjuring up images of drunken,rowdy,football hooligans.Thanks,man...

Rowdy? Definetly. Drunk? Not sure.

I did tell 'em to fuck off. Much to the dismay and subsequent surprise of my classmates'n'teachers also present at the time.

(Forgot to mention that it was a one week class trip back in 9th grade. Fond memories of wall-to-wall carpeting in a British bathroom spring to mind...)

Caught the eye of the girls a bit more after that... Albeit yours truly was 1 of 5 guys in a class of 25 students.

singerman
02-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Around the world in 52 hours!Although not a contest,we have a WINNER!For the first person to reply with a round the world post,you win,...wait for it............................no really,its not a contest.:D Do you feel any differently with this experience?Also,I have never been to the southern hemisphere.I believe you get different energies from different places,so,I am curious.And,of course,from all of us here at Macu World Headquarters,thanks for the reply...

oh shit...didnt mean my post to sound like a contest!.....just thought it was a bloody long flight!!....NZ is a fantastic place, yes it was life changing but missed my family and friends too much to stay there.

jslav06
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
I forgot to add that I've also been to Neptune. True Story. Very nice there. The people there are SOOOO nice. :D

franksters
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
From Montreal to Africa.

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
Albeit yours truly was 1 of 5 guys in a class of 25 students.

I like those odds!:D

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by singerman
oh shit...didnt mean my post to sound like a contest!.....just thought it was a bloody long flight!!....NZ is a fantastic place, yes it was life changing but missed my family and friends too much to stay there.

Dude,relax!I was trying(operative word"trying")to be funny.Your post is great!Dont be paranoid,thats MY job!:D Cheers!

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:43 AM
I forgot to add that I've also been to Neptune. True Story. Very nice there. The people there are SOOOO nice. :D

This trip to Neptune,did it involve a glass pipe?:D

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by franksters
From Montreal to Africa.

Thanks franksters,only,what were the circumstances?And where in Africa?Enquiring Macus would like to know.:)

sagebrush
02-17-2006, 02:31 AM
Nice tour.China?What the fuck were you doing in China?Or is it one of those things where you would have to kill me if you told me?:D oh,and,thanks for the reply. [/QUO[QUOTE]Originally posted by Macu
Nice tour.China?What the fuck were you doing in China?Or is it one of those things where you would have to kill me if you told me?:D oh,and,thanks for the reply.

No i don't have to kill you .lol I just wanted to go had some time so i spent 3 days 4 nights . didn't understand a damn thing while i was there .

Nitro Express
02-17-2006, 03:21 AM
I have a world map full of colored pins of everywhere I've been. Antartica was the only continent without a pin so the trip there was to get the pin. Not an easy place to get to and you wear bright orange so you are visable at all times. The ship I was on was an icebreaker that once belonged to Jacque Cousteu and the sea was so rough in the Drake Passage dinner was canceled because the cook couldn't keep anything in the cooking pots, that's how bad the ship was rocking. The seats in the dining area even had seat belts to strap you to your chair. You would think Antartica would have nice fresh air but the coast is covered in penquins that shit all over the place. Penquin shit smells really bad. There are also nasty seals that will attack and kill you. Antartica is one of those places visiting once is enough. LOL!

To be honest, the more the world modernizes, the more it's all becoming the same. I'm glad I got to see China in 1980 when you still could see thousands of people riding bicycles. Now they have LA styled freeways .

As far as relaxing places go, you still can't beat Maui. I've been to most of the world's greatest beaches and in my book, Maui is hard to beat.

I can still draw a 100 mile radius circle around my home and find lots of things I didn't know about. Sometimes the best vacations are close to home.

Macu
02-17-2006, 06:16 AM
No i don't have to kill you .

-Macu wipes sweat from brow,sighs in relief-

Macu
02-17-2006, 06:25 AM
The ship I was on was an icebreaker that once belonged to Jacque Cousteu and the sea was so rough in the Drake Passage dinner was canceled because the cook couldn't keep anything in the cooking pots, that's how bad the ship was rocking. The seats in the dining area even had seat belts to strap you to your chair. You would think Antartica would have nice fresh air but the coast is covered in penquins that shit all over the place. Penquin shit smells really bad. There are also nasty seals that will attack and kill you. Antartica is one of those places visiting once is enough.

I think thats one pin Im not gonna get.

Macu
02-17-2006, 06:29 AM

To be honest, the more the world modernizes, the more it's all becoming the same. I'm glad I got to see China in 1980 when you still could see thousands of people riding bicycles. Now they have LA styled freeways .

Excellent point!

Macu
02-17-2006, 06:30 AM

As far as relaxing places go, you still can't beat Maui. I've been to most of the world's greatest beaches and in my book, Maui is hard to beat.

Now THATS more my speed!

Douglas T.
02-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Ive never been to Fla.,or,the Carribean.Would like too,though.After submitting the thread I was wondering if people would think I am trying to brag.I just love new places,and,want to see everywhere.Like I said,its not a contest.Maybe I could have set up the thread differently,buuuut,whats done is done.Maybe I should ask for people to share an experience as well?Thanks for the reply.Macu...

COOL THREAD! No worries! I'll provide plenty o' Florida pics ;D
I have been as far as Mexico, Carribean and Canada. When I felt the farthest from home was when I was in a N.C. jail. LOL! That's part of my True Stories of the Highway Patrol story! There are lot's of nice places here in the U.S. to enjoy! I tried to get some posters to share their vacation pics a few weeks back! Thanks for sharing!
Here's a few pics. There is a secret place in Pennsylvania that is nice to visit! I'll bet someone here lives near BUSHKILL FALLS!
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/slideshow.do?albumId=18663.820.1122252239364.1&shareInfo=

blonddgirl777
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
That must have taken a long time.I have always wanted to go to China....

Like I said, I went for work. Those are very expen$ive trips...

Montreal/Vancouver = 5 hours flifgt.
Vancouver/Hong Kong = around 14 hours flight.
After that,
A 3 hours train (with extremely sad sight seing) from H.K. to Guanzhou (Canton).
A total of 22 fuck'n hours sitting still + about 6 hours of waiting in airports...

I spend more than A WHOLE DAY just getting there...:o :rolleyes: :(
Then, the "adventure" started. I was there for 16 days. ALONE!

That trip had changed a part of me and although it was far from being easy (I work in the garment industry)...
I recomend that experience to every well fed, capitalist, spoiled westerners like myself.

blonddgirl777
02-17-2006, 09:28 AM
WOW! I have too many questions.Please feel free to expound on your experiences.I am truly envious....

Your questions are good and interesting!
Now how about this (for envy)... :p

I also got to go to Paris, Nice, Cannes, and Lyon in France.
Also... Rome, Italy.

I get to search the fashion trends (swimwear and lingerie) in very glamorous places... for work as well.
Hell... my business trips cannot ALL be tough! :rolleyes:

For vacation, I went to Amsterdam and down south (for a dose of fun in the sun);
CUBA, Mexico, Dominican Republic etc...

Douglas T.
02-17-2006, 09:36 AM
When I was in Mexico a native boy tried to put white shoe polish on my Converse .. and in the Bahamas when I was with my parents at age 15 some big dude tried to sell me weed! I told him go away but he kept wanting me to trade my watch for weed! I have a picture here smewhere my dad took of this guy talking to me! LOL! great pic! I'll round it up!:D

blonddgirl777
02-17-2006, 10:07 AM
I also "studied" in Amsterdam, Holland... :p

Nitro Express
02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Every Florida and Carribean hideway I used to enjoy has been discovered. What used to be small hotels, bungalos, or beach houses now has high rise condominiums or resorts there.

If you want a fun overseas trip, London is hard to beat. They speak English (some would debate this LOL!) and it's a fun down to run around in.

Third world countries are far from relaxing. I was in the Dominican Republic when revolution broke out. All a sudden shooting started and there were police and soldiers everywhere. Haiti was the worst, I actually saw a mother put her dead baby in the gutter and they bring carts around to pick up the dead bodies. It also stunk, you could smell Port Au Prince from the ocean.

You still can have fun traveling but the increase in terrorism has everyone on alert and if you are American, theres more anti-American setiment than ever. Also, rich drug cartels are taking over third world nations. Mexico has become a lot more dangerouse in recent years.

The world is slowly falling into a caotic situation and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. Trips you could take a decade ago, you can't now because it's dangerouse or you flat out can't get a visa. As the world economy continues to weaken, it will only esculate the hate and blame.

Douglas T.
02-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Every Florida and Carribean hideway I used to enjoy has been discovered.

Seems that way! The spot WAY BACK in the woods here is a thing of the past! Can't go to deep in the woods without coming out the other side! I guess this is the place to live because every square inch is being bulldozed! Plenty of WATER adventures here in Florida! You can take the airboat out for hours and not see a house! Beaches on three sides ... DAVE likes to start and finish his tours here! It's all good!!

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Born in west virginia

I forgot to mention,I have been to W.VA. many times.As a child my parents would take us to country/bluegrass festivals,and sometimes go up to skyline drive,luray caverns,etc. for a week-end.Later with my friends to the many wicked quarries to party.My mom even lived there for a time.She ran a concession stand and later a small restaurant type of deal for the jockeys and track employees at Charlestown.It is definitely one of the most beautiful places Ive seen.I am a traveling musician and still play in the street often.(its a nice experience even if you dont need the money)and have played "Country Roads" all over Europe.EVERYONE knows and loves that song.Take me home,indeed...

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Maybe one day...

Douglas T.
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
GAR! Where did I hear that name before?! Ya know those snow globes you shake! I had two of these GARs in a tank one time. A bit smaller than this one. You toss a few shiners(shiney fish) in there with them and the GAR would grab it and shake it around. next thing you know you have a 80 gallon snow globe with shiney scales all over! I don't know who this guy is but he's asking for a tail slap right in the kisser!

Douglas T.
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Some crazy from West Viginia about ran me of that lil road that runs to the bottom of New River Gorge Bridge! :D

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
COOL THREAD! No worries! I'll provide plenty o' Florida pics ;D
I have been as far as Mexico, Carribean and Canada. When I felt the farthest from home was when I was in a N.C. jail. LOL! That's part of my True Stories of the Highway Patrol story! There are lot's of nice places here in the U.S. to enjoy! I tried to get some posters to share their vacation pics a few weeks back! Thanks for sharing!
Here's a few pics. There is a secret place in Pennsylvania that is nice to visit! I'll bet someone here lives near BUSHKILL FALLS!
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/slideshow.do?albumId=18663.820.1122252239364.1&shareInfo=

I know what you mean about N.C. jails.I mean,you know,you hear things,people talk,...yeah,thats it.Actually I was set up like a bowling pin.Civil rights dont apply when youre from out of state,I suppose.Maybe we can change this to the "Travel Thread".People are always traveling and this could be a place to,like you say,share vacation/travel photos,stories,good and bad.I tried the link,only,it didnt work for me.Id love to see the pics.Thanks D.T.,we may be onto something with this thread.Cheers!

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Like I said, I went for work. Those are very expen$ive trips...

Montreal/Vancouver = 5 hours flifgt.
Vancouver/Hong Kong = around 14 hours flight.
After that,
A 3 hours train (with extremely sad sight seing) from H.K. to Guanzhou (Canton).
A total of 22 fuck'n hours sitting still + about 6 hours of waiting in airports...
I spend more than A WHOLE DAY just getting there...:o :rolleyes: :(
Then, the "adventure" started. I was there for 16 days. ALONE!

That trip had changed a part of me and although it was far from being easy (I work in the garment industry)...
I recomend that experience to every well fed, capitalist, spoiled westerners like myself.

Wait a minute!I thought you said you "dug" your way there.:mad: :D
And I dig(no pun intended)what youre saying about the experience from a "Western"perspective.Very insightful.:cool:

Douglas T.
02-17-2006, 01:58 PM
GOIN' PLACES! What's an adventure without a story to tell!

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Your questions are good and interesting!
Now how about this (for envy)... :p

I also got to go to Paris, Nice, Cannes, and Lyon in France.
Also... Rome, Italy.

I get to search the fashion trends (swimwear and lingerie) in very glamorous places... for work as well.
Hell... my business trips cannot ALL be tough! :rolleyes:

For vacation, I went to Amsterdam and down south (for a dose of fun in the sun);
CUBA, Mexico, Dominican Republic etc...

Ive done Paris a couple times.Once with my girlfriend.We had the romantic,heads in the clouds week,or so,spent ALL our money,and had to escape by taking "Paranoid"trains(no tickets)back to Barcelona.Also Roma.I spend lots of time here in Italia.If you want to study fashion,go to Milano.BTW,mi Amore(girlfriend)is now in fashion school.What a corinkydink!I went to A-dam for an intended week and stayed for one year.Its a trap.Everytime I tried to leave,something would make me stay.Cuba and Mexico are DEFINITELY on my list.And,yes,IM JEALOUS! HAPPY NOW!:D

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:16 PM
When I was in Mexico a native boy tried to put white shoe polish on my Converse .. and in the Bahamas when I was with my parents at age 15 some big dude tried to sell me weed! I told him go away but he kept wanting me to trade my watch for weed! I have a picture here smewhere my dad took of this guy talking to me! LOL! great pic! I'll round it up!:D

I can just imagine some kid trying to shine your "chucks",lol.As far as the dude with the weed,its like,being in the right place at the wrong time.:p I hope you can find the pic.It sounds like "sig"material to me.:D

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:18 PM
I also "studied" in Amsterdam, Holland... :p

:killer:

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Every Florida and Carribean hideway I used to enjoy has been discovered. What used to be small hotels, bungalos, or beach houses now has high rise condominiums or resorts there.

If you want a fun overseas trip, London is hard to beat. They speak English (some would debate this LOL!) and it's a fun down to run around in.

Regarding FLA.,and,the Carribean,the same is happening in Spain with the coastal/beach towns,and,sadly the Canary Islands.Its like being in Germany.As far as London,I have a great friend from Chile that married a Londoner and is begging me to visit.I think Ill wait until the winter is over.Youve heard the joke,"the British and the Americans are two people(s?) divided by a common language.:p

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:37 PM

Third world countries are far from relaxing. I was in the Dominican Republic when revolution broke out. All a sudden shooting started and there were police and soldiers everywhere. Haiti was the worst, I actually saw a mother put her dead baby in the gutter and they bring carts around to pick up the dead bodies. It also stunk, you could smell Port Au Prince from the ocean.

You still can have fun traveling but the increase in terrorism has everyone on alert and if you are American, theres more anti-American setiment than ever. Also, rich drug cartels are taking over third world nations. Mexico has become a lot more dangerouse in recent years.

The world is slowly falling into a caotic situation and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. Trips you could take a decade ago, you can't now because it's dangerouse or you flat out can't get a visa. As the world economy continues to weaken, it will only esculate the hate and blame.

As far as third world countries are concerned,I want to go to India,and,my friends that have been there advise me to be prepared for some intense shit like you mention.I dont worry about terrorism because I also can use a Hungarian passport,and speak Hungarian.No one seems to be pissed-off at the Magyars.When I go to Mexico I will go with my Chileno friends,speak Chileno-Castellano,and,of course,hide the American passport.You make good points about the changing conditions.I hope there is still time to see everything I want.

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Seems that way! The spot WAY BACK in the woods here is a thing of the past! Can't go to deep in the woods without coming out the other side! I guess this is the place to live because every square inch is being bulldozed! Plenty of WATER adventures here in Florida! You can take the airboat out for hours and not see a house! Beaches on three sides ... DAVE likes to start and finish his tours here! It's all good!!

Aaaaaah,Gator country!I can almost hear the Skynyrd now!:rockit:

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
GAR! Where did I hear that name before?! Ya know those snow globes you shake! I had two of these GARs in a tank one time. A bit smaller than this one. You toss a few shiners(shiney fish) in there with them and the GAR would grab it and shake it around. next thing you know you have a 80 gallon snow globe with shiney scales all over! I don't know who this guy is but he's asking for a tail slap right in the kisser!

:eek: :D

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Some crazy from West Viginia about ran me of that lil road that runs to the bottom of New River Gorge Bridge! :D

Holy shit! Nice pic.,though.:cool:

Macu
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
GOIN' PLACES! What's an adventure without a story to tell!

Hallelujah,bro!

Macu
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
BTW,I cant keep up this pace.I will try,buuuuut,I am not necessary.Simply try to share your travel adventures as much as you can,and,I will try to respond.However,ideally,this is for everyone to comment,inquire,etc.If I cared about my post-count,it would be different.And soon I will be off on an adventure of my own,so,have fun,enjoy,and I hope this may turn into something nice for the Army.Peace,respect,Macu...

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I've gone to Carolina in my mind.......

PumpedUpMidget
02-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Munich

franksters
02-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks franksters,only,what were the circumstances?And where in Africa?Enquiring Macus would like to know.:)

maroco!

honeymoon!

Macu
02-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I've gone to Carolina in my mind.......

Me too,bro,me too...:cool:

Macu
02-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Munich

But from where?And what happened?

Macu
02-17-2006, 07:29 PM
maroco!

honeymoon!

Niiiiiiiice!Especially if you like to smoke.Its a beautiful place.Nice choice for a honeymoon.I LOVE AFRICA!!! (sorry,I was taken back):p

jtw5150
02-17-2006, 07:38 PM
The wife is from Romania, spent 16 days there in 2004.

Macu
02-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by jtw5150
The wife is from Romania, spent 16 days there in 2004.

Yeah,where?Did you enjoy your stay?My father is from Transylvania(when it was Hungary).In Romanian they call the city Cluj.Maybe she speaks/knows a little Magyarol?Regardless,thanks for the post.:)

PumpedUpMidget
02-17-2006, 09:08 PM
But from where?And what happened?

Oops, Chicago, went on a tour of Italy, Austria, and Germany with a choir group of my niece's. Highly recommend going there.

Macu
02-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Oops, Chicago, went on a tour of Italy, Austria, and Germany with a choir group of my niece's. Highly recommend going there.

Cool!I am curently in Italia,have passed through Austria,and,have spent a bit of time in Germany.(some of my best wives are there:D )but,seriously,this is prime-time,we need DETAILS!PLEEEEEEEASE! If not,as always,thank you for for your contribution to this fine thread!

PumpedUpMidget
02-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Landed in Milan from Amsterdam, went to Florence, Venice, Innsbruck, and finally Munich. Went to a castle in Hohenschwangau that was huge. Toured the concentration camp in Dachau. Favorite stop in Italy was Venice, stayed in a great hotel on the outskirts of Venice. The other point of interest was when we were there (2003), it was the hottest summer of the last 50 years.

Macu
02-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Landed in Milan from Amsterdam, went to Florence, Venice, Innsbruck, and finally Munich. Went to a castle in Hohenschwangau that was huge. Toured the concentration camp in Dachau. Favorite stop in Italy was Venice, stayed in a great hotel on the outskirts of Venice. The other point of interest was when we were there (2003), it was the hottest summer of the last 50 years.

Yeah,that was a hot one.I ended up shaving the sides of my head.I hope you had a chance to try some good Italian food/wine.

sagebrush
02-18-2006, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Macu
Holy shit! Nice pic.,though.:cool: [/Q

Killer thread ! 5 stars .

sagebrush
02-18-2006, 10:28 PM

Im 25 min from there . It looks stunning when the sun is going down on the bridge . great pic .

BITEYOASS
02-18-2006, 10:46 PM

Now that is one bad-ass place and time of day to do some bungee jumping. Then have someone wait for me at the bottom in a fishing boat when I unbuckle the rope while dangling from 10 ft. That will start a fuckin legend of the vanishing bungee jumper! :D

blonddgirl777
02-19-2006, 01:57 AM
maroco!

honeymoon!

In other words... you got "screwed" in Marocco! :p

Jesus Christ
02-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Came from Heaven.... spent 33 years on Earth. Was crucified and spent the weekend in Hell, came back to Earth for a few weeks and then returned to Heaven.

But I'll be coming back to Earth again pretty soon :)

Douglas T.
02-21-2006, 02:50 PM
^Please HURRY!

Jesus Christ
02-21-2006, 02:58 PM
^Please HURRY!

As I told My disciples back in the day, the return trip is on Dad's schedule, and even I don't know when that is. But I also gave them the signs to look for to know when My return was near, and if ye hath read what I said, then ye should know that ye are living in those days of which I spoke.

Jérôme Frenchise
02-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
As I told My disciples back in the day, the return trip is on Dad's schedule, and even I don't know when that is. But I also gave them the signs to look for to know when My return was near, and if ye hath read what I said, then ye should know that ye are living in those days of which I spoke.

I bet you can't get back. Anyway, there's no use, I've seen you in the end of "The Meaning of Life", you've become more behind the times than Atari games. You'd be crucified again at once, talking about a return! :D
It seems you've got ADSL up there... How would you have acted if you had come down to earth 20 centuries later? ;)

jacksmar
02-22-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.indo.com/distance/

4057 mi from one point to the next

BITEYOASS
02-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Probably the only places I want to go for a vacation internationally are in the south pacific, the caribbean or any snowboarder friendly ski resort. As for the desert, fugetabout it!!! Can't stand to see another raghead and worry about a bomb going off. But if it's AZ or NV, then count me in! :D