PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana!

Unchainme
02-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I am going to get flamed to death for this, BUT I LOVE NIRVANA! They used to be my Favorite band, than I hated then for a while, Now I am starting to appreciate them again.

My Favorite Songs Are:
About a Girl
Sliver
Smells Like Teen Spirit
In Bloom
Come As You Are
Breed
Lithium
Polly
Terriotorial Pissings
Drain You
Lounge Act
Stay Away
On A Plain
Been A Son
Serve The Servants
Heart Shaped Box
Rape Me
Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
Dumb
Penny Royal Tea
All Apologies.

Yes I am going to be bloody flamed for this but you know what FUCK YOU, If you don't like Nirvana, and go cry in your poison CD's. I know There are other Grunge Fans on this Board (Matt White, Rikk, etc.). So come on whats your favorite tunes from Nirvana?

PHOENIX
02-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Good thread. Great fuckin band! The word Nirvana makes a few stuck in the 80's cases go ballistic in here.

Nothing better than some i hate Nirvana they killed Hair Metal rants. Blah blah blah blah blah. Why did it have to be? Blah blah blah Its their fault i had to cut my hair. Blah blah blah blah. Spandex was cool blah blah blah blah

LOL

Unchainme
02-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Good thread. Great fuckin band! The word Nirvana makes a few stuck in the 80's cases go ballistic in here.

Nothing better than some i hate Nirvana they killed Hair Metal rants. Blah blah blah blah blah. Why did it have to be? Blah blah blah Its their fault i had to cut my hair. Blah blah blah blah.

LOL

You should see thread the linkers are trashing him in for not jamming with Eddie LOL.
http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?p=557204#post557204

I love how people try and trash Nirvana and blame them for all this shitty Nu Metal when it really wasn't their fault, its MTV and Clear Channels fault.

Unchainme
02-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I wonder what It would be like if Cobain and Roth had met? I mean both are Polar Opposites of each other, But yet so similiar too, Would love to hear that coversation.

vheddyrmv8
02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
I like Nirvana. I love to play about a girl with my band, it's the only song I can play and sing at the same time...well I guess that goes for any Nirvana song. Most people don't like them because their songs aren't that complex to them but I like them. Nirvana didn't start Nu Metal, Kurt killed himself because Nirvana was getting so big.

RuzDNailz
02-15-2006, 10:19 PM
You know what's sad? If you watch the great concert video for Unplugged, you just look at Kurt playing that wired up acoustic guitar
and notice a man who is basically gone. The look on his face just showed it. Their music videos helped define the early 90's. But also you got to take into account Courntey Love and the affect she had on
him.

RuzDNailz
02-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Heck, who can ever forget about the one Grammy show when they did
'Lithium' completely piss drunk? Krist threw his bass up in the air and clocked himself a good one.

Unchainme
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
one thing I always note is that Nirvana kicked Poison and Winger off the map. BUT....Skid Row and GN'R the best out of all the Hair still pretty much could've still made it and did make it for a couple of years after Nirvana hit., It was there own egos that destroyed them though, not Nirvana.

Unchainme
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
'Lithium' completely piss drunk? Krist threw his bass up in the air and clocked himself a good one.

Yeah and they played a little bit of Rape Me before they did it too, Just to piss of the Record Execs.! We need a band like them back.

BruinJer
02-15-2006, 10:40 PM
I to am a HUGE Nirvana fan... I love to crank Aneurysm (live) as loud as I possibly can. That song KICKS ass!! I first heard their stuff on KNAC showcasing up & coming bands... Breed got played a lot before Smells like Teen Spirit blew up. The Metal/Rock scene had become stayle and Nirvana injected new life into that genre. The heavy punk fusion was a refreshing change... I had a chance to see them at the old Olympic Auditorium with Soundgarden but I turned it down... boy, do I regret that.

My favorite Nirvana tunes...
Aneurysm (Live)
Heart Shaped Box
Breed
Marijuana (from the in utero sessions)
About A Girl
Rape Me
Come As You Are
Lithium
Sliver
Sappy

You've done it Unchainme... now I have to pull out my Nirvana CDs!!

RuzDNailz
02-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
one thing I always note is that Nirvana kicked Poison and Winger off the map. BUT....Skid Row and GN'R the best out of all the Hair still pretty much could've still made it and did make it for a couple of years after Nirvana hit., It was there own egos that destroyed them though, not Nirvana.

I'm glad this thread was made. It brings me back to Grade 7 1992 when nirvana (teen spirit) was up against GN'R (use your illusion 1 and 2) on Much Music. Problem was, Van Fagar's Right Now was running
rampant too. I guess you can't have all good. At least Metallica's Enter Sandman made up for it.

BruinJer
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM

Yeah, while Krist was stumbling Dave Grohl grabbed the mic and began shouting "HI AXL HI, I LOVE YOU AXL"....lol

BruinJer
02-15-2006, 10:48 PM
http://altnet.ru/~accords/accords/Nirvana/i/Nirvana.jpg

BruinJer
02-15-2006, 10:50 PM
I wonder what It would be like if Cobain and Roth had met? I mean both are Polar Opposites of each other, But yet so similiar too, Would love to hear that coversation.

What was the story about Eddie wanting to come on stage with Nirvana?? or was it the other way around... I know Ed did something to piss off someone from Nirvana.

vheddyrmv8
02-16-2006, 02:27 PM
I remember hearing something like that as well. I actually just found out the other day that In Utero was recored about an hour from where I live. I love all Nirvana stuff, sometimes they did heavy punkish stuff, sometimes they did slow stuff, and sometimes they did psychadelic stuff...they were true musicians.

My favs are:
Floyd The Barber
About a girl
School
Negative Creep
Smells Like A Teen Spirit
In Vloom
Come As You Are
Breed
Lithium
Drain You
Lounge Act
Stay Away
On A Plain
Something In The Way
Heart Shaped Box
Rape Me
Dumb
Pennyroyal Tea
All Apologies
Silver
Mollys Lips
Aneurysm
You Know Youre Right
Marijuana

Macu
02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
I know There are other Grunge Fans on this Board (Matt White, Rikk, etc.).

Dude,you dont have to drop names to make your point.Be yourself and fuck the rest.I am also a Nirvana fan,and,I dont care who likes it or not.Nirvana was a more of a punk band,anyway.If you had seen Dave Grohl with "Scream"you would appreciate that more."Scream" was D.C. thrash.I saw their last show in some squat-type place in D.C.(Oh shit,now "I" am going to drop a name)I was invited by my friend Larry Hinkle of "soreLosers".After the show we talked to Dave because he and Larry grew up together as best friends.I told Dave he would be famous some day.He said"shut the fuck up!"(in a cool way)Next thing I know,Im a grunt in Berlin,looking at Rolling Stone magazine and reading about Nirvana.When it gets to the part about Dave,I say"Dave Grohl,thats the dude from Scream"I look close at the picture,and,its him!I ran into Dave one other time in a bar years later when he moved back to the area.We spoke and he asked me to tell Larry to call him.I dont know where Im going with this,buuuuut,Im drinking,damnit!Oh yeah,hair metal sucked at that point.It was so cheesy it HAD to die.Nirvana opened the door for that whole seattle scene,but,they were nothing like any of those groups.They were basically punk.And punk,almost by definition ,is a direct reaction of boredom.And hair metal had become fucking BORING!

Macu
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
Kurt killed himself because Nirvana was getting so big.

NOT TRUE! That is the fucking LIE they want you to believe.He was MURDERED!

Macu
02-16-2006, 04:49 PM
You know what's sad? If you watch the great concert video for Unplugged, you just look at Kurt playing that wired up acoustic guitar
and notice a man who is basically gone.

No,he is simply on heroin.Also,at that point he had lived the rock star life,was famous,and,remember,he was basically a punk.Hes just chillin.

Macu
02-16-2006, 04:56 PM
But also you got to take into account Courntey Love and the affect she had on
him.

You mean the negative,right?Fuck that whore!

Macu
02-16-2006, 04:57 PM

What is your point?

Macu
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM

Skid row?BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!GnR wasnt real "hair metal",anyway,but Ill agree about the ego factor.

Unchainme
02-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Bottomline is we need another Nirvana. They did the same thing that Van Halen did back in the late 70's. When Disco was King and Punk was dying, and Bands like Foriegner were being defined as Rock, Van Halen came along and completly changed music. Same thing with Nirvana, In The Early 90's people like MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice were selling records, And Rock was starting to become the joke with bands like Poison, Warrant, and Nelson topping the charts, Nirvana came along and completley changed the Music Industry. We needed Change and we needed it bad, and Now we're stuck back in the rut again, You have bands like Nickelback being considered Rock, Rap is taking over everything.With another Nirvana, We would get better bands back and the Scum of the Earth (The Current Music Scene.), would be wiped clean.

jslav06
02-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Bottomline is we need another Nirvana. They did the same thing that Van Halen did back in the late 70's. When Disco was King and Punk was dying, and Bands like Foriegner were being defined as Rock, Van Halen came along and completly changed music. Same thing with Nirvana, In The Early 90's people like MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice were selling records, And Rock was starting to become the joke with bands like Poison, Warrant, and Nelson topping the charts, Nirvana came along and completley changed the Music Industry. We needed Change and we needed it bad, and Now we're stuck back in the rut again, You have bands like Nickelback being considered Rock, Rap is taking over everything.With another Nirvana, We would get better bands back and the Scum of the Earth (The Current Music Scene.), would be wiped clean.

I agree completely. Today's music is 95% garbage.
We need a band that could really bring it all to the table and inspire an entirely new group of artists... it's been too long since rock has been dead now. Let's see, who's selling records... AH, Kelly Clarkson, U2, Mariah Carey, 50 cent, Young JEEZY? (wtf.)
I think music needs to send out an SOS.

Unchainme
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by jslav06
I agree completely. Today's music is 95% garbage.
We need a band that could really bring it all to the table and inspire an entirely new group of artists... it's been too long since rock has been dead now. Let's see, who's selling records... AH, Kelly Clarkson, U2, Mariah Carey, 50 cent, Young JEEZY? (wtf.)
I think music needs to send out an SOS.

Yes Music is beyound Bland at this point. The Big Coporations own everything. you could never see a band like Van Halen, Nirvana, or Appetite Era Guns N' Roses get signed today. They want everything to sound the same. You're either Nu Metal, Emo, Rap, or Pop Rock. The corporate suits back at MTV didn't want Smells Like Teen Spirit to be played, you know why? Its not marketable, MTV could not make money off of Music that spoke to a person or that had auctual talent. I imagine that they woiuld defintly not touch a video like Teen Spirit Oh, wait They don't play videos I forgot :D

Unchainme
02-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
http://altnet.ru/~accords/accords/Nirvana/i/Nirvana.jpg

One of my Favorite Pics of them. They auctually apeared on The Cover of Rolling Stone witht hat pic :D, The ultimate in your face.

Unchainme
02-16-2006, 10:08 PM
http://images.windowsmedia.com/img/prov_u/300_80/00720642463123_800x800.jpg

I am betting Money That Courtney used about 99% of Kurt's Lryics on this. I can just tell from listening to the music, Courtney Love could never write something like this without "Help", (See Album that Billy Corgan wrote For her.)

BruinJer
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I kind of liked that Hole album...

Golden AWe
02-17-2006, 01:09 AM
Another good thing about Nirvana is that their songs are easy to learn...

Only thing I would blame them is that they only made one really good studio album, NEVERMIND, although the other albums had their moments as well and the Unplugged album is grate.

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:23 AM

Hallelujah!Can I get an "AMEN!"?

PHOENIX
02-17-2006, 08:50 AM
I kind of liked that Hole album...

Did you find that it helped you get in touch with your feminin side?

:D

BruinJer
02-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Did you find that it helped you get in touch with your feminin side?

:D

Wellll.... kinda!

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 11:40 AM
How many Nirvana threads do we need?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Grossly overated band. Bleach and Nevermind are very good, and then the rest of their stuff is shit.

I'll spare you my Cobain thoughts.

And why is it that evertime Nirvana comes up, people want to credit them for killing hair metal? Like somehow this was some huge thing....Metal is still around, still gets airplay. Has it's own station on Sirius (Hair Nation). Meanwhile Nirvana will be remembered for one song. One. And the grunge movement is dead as disco.

We've had this arguement before and you can talk to me all you want about Lithium and others. They aren't getting play on rock radio. You're going to hear SLTS and occasionally hear the other tunes. I've said it a dozen times here- no one is interested in hearing Heart Shaped Box when they're driving down the highway, but people will crank up Talk Dirty To Me.......

BruinJer
02-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I've said it a dozen times here- no one is interested in hearing Heart Shaped Box when they're driving down the highway, but people will crank up Talk Dirty To Me.......

LOL..... Talk Dirty To Me ????

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey...It comes on, people are cranking it, and signing along.

Come on, man....HEAVY POISON DENIAL GUYS!!!!!!

The point I'm trying to make is that bands like Poison are certainly not brilliant music. CC Deville is one of the worst guitarists ever. They suck live. (Saw 'em twice- once opening for DLR, other time on one of those summer metal tours) But they have catchy songs and if I'm on the porch, drinking a beer, I'm choosing a so-called hair metal band anyday ahead of a Nirvana cd. Even Nevermind.

Diamondjimi
02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Nirvana killed hair "metal" , thank god.

Kurt Gobang's dead ,Courtney' still sucking air. WTF ????

She should've put her head behind his when he pulled the trigger .................

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Nirvana killed hair "metal" , thank god.

Kurt Gobang's dead ,Courtney' still sucking air. WTF ????

She should've put her head behind his when he pulled the trigger .................

I can pretty much guarantee you that the next post would be "How could she, when she pulled the trigger?", so I'll post it now before they can.

Rikk
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
NIRVANA. One of my very favorite bands...maybe tied for first with one or two other bands.

Incredible stuff.

Their stuff is utterly timeless. Extremely ferocious.

IN UTERO is probably my favorite...or maybe it's BLEACH. I just love that hard-edged fucking heavy punk/metal sound they had. NEVERMIND didn't really represent their sound.

Favorite songs:

BIG CHEESE
NEGATIVE CREEP
SCOFF
SLIVER
LOUNGE ACT
ON A PLAIN
OLD AGE (NEVERMIND outtake, on the box set)
CURMUDGEON (great b-side)
OH, THE GUILT (great one off single with the Jesus Lizard)
AERO ZEPPELIN
SCENTLESS APPRENTICE (favorite NIRVANA song)
FRANCES FARMER WILL HAVE HER REVENGE ON SEATTLE
MILK IT
PENNYROYAL TEA
TOURETTE'S
LAKE OF FIRE (Meat Puppets song, from UNPLUGGED)
YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT (my second favorite NIRVANA song...their last ever)

Just unbeatable. And so raw and uncompromising live.

People thinking that simple songs aren't some of the greatest are dead wrong. I've always believed much more in a punk rock mentality than a metal one.

NIRVANA were it.

http://userwww.port.ac.uk/dis90245/nirvana-stuff/kurt/49.jpg

Rikk
02-17-2006, 04:49 PM
...but people will crank up Talk Dirty To Me.......

LMFAO!!:p

I have never met one person in my entire life that likes that song, let alone even knows what it is.

What a fucking joke.

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Then you 'aint looking....

Ask 100 people if they'd rather crank up a hair metal album or listen to fucking Heart Shaped Box while drinking beers or cruising the open road. Metal will win.

In Utero is the biggest piece of dogshit they ever released. Worse than that fucking abortion Icesticide. The two live albums are uninspired and sound terrible, with the exception of Grohls drumming and excellent backing vocals on the Unplugged album.

Gramma take me home, my ass........

Rikk
02-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Then you 'aint looking....

Ask 100 people if they'd rather crank up a hair metal album or listen to fucking Heart Shaped Box while drinking beers or cruising the open road. Metal will win.

In Utero is the biggest piece of dogshit they ever released. Worse than that fucking abortion Icesticide. The two live albums are uninspired and sound terrible, with the exception of Grohls drumming and excellent backing vocals on the Unplugged album.

Gramma take me home, my ass........

LMFAO.

I have never met a Poison fan. Ha ha...maybe just one.

I sure hang out with a lot of music fans and musicians.

Even young people listen to NIRVANA.

I know more NIRVANA fans than I could count on ten hands.

But POISON fans?

Not a one.

Wait...yes...one guy that is also into WINGER and KROKUS.

INCESTICIDE is an outtake album of early recordings, dumbass.

IN UTERO has been called one of the best albums of the decade. It truly is. Three hit singles. Uncompromising punk, produced by a legendary producer that produced THE PIXIES and later worked with JIMMY PAGE and ROBERT PLANT.

POISON vs. NIRVANA? The fact that you even made the comparison or tried to claim you could meet way more NIRVANA fans in a random draw makes me laugh my fucking ass off...you sure killed you credibility there...:D

BTW, nice try with the "metal will win" comment. First off, you're dead wrong. Second, the biggest bands are the ones that don't need to be lumped in with a stupid classification like that. NIRVANA are a wonder on their own...they don't need a lump like "hair metal"...a genre that was almost as commercial and unartistic as boy bands...

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Haven't we had this same argument 50 times?

No one's comapring Poison to Nirvana in terms of importance or even talent. I very clearly say that they suck live and CC is a terrible guitarist. But in terms of having fun and listening to tunes, Poison, or most matal bands will kick Nivana's overated ass!

I KNOW Incesticide is an outakes album. IT STILL SUCKS BALLS!!!!!! They should have remained outtakes, or been saved for that useless fucking box set, that Cuntney needed to buy more smack.

In Utero is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. Not a single good song on it.

I don't know a single kid under the age of 18 that listens to Nirvana. I hardly know any over 18 that still listen to anything other than Nevermind. Of the people I do know that own Nevermind, maybe 10% own Bleach. MOST people I know who own Nevermind have never even heard Bleach. They think Nirvana's debut was Nevermind.

Again...Nirvana will go down in history as being known for one song, and a signer who blew his head off because he was a pussy who couldn't handle his fame..sniff sniff...

Nirvana IS classified. They are always lumped in as starting the grunge revolution. The band that KILLED HAIR METAL! Hell, they'll be better known for that, than their music!

Grunge comes out, starts the whole boom of Alternative music, to the point where the alternative section of the record store is the biggest section (tell me there's no irony there) and then dies as quick a death as the original punk scene or disco scene.

One song, man. One song. No one is playing Negative Creep or Polly or Heart Shaped Box or Milk It, etc on rock radio. hell, no one is playing Lithium much either. Maybe Come as You Are gets some play. But I'll bet you someone's playing Every Rose has it's Thorn or Unskinny Bop somewhere on rock radio..

But, as I say, we've HAD this argument before.

Unchainme
02-17-2006, 05:45 PM
You're saying that In Bloom doesn't get radio play? Heart Shaped Box? All Apologies? The Man Who Sold The World? Rape Me?. I hear those all the time on The Radio. The only time I hear Poison is occasionly on those 80's Flashback specials, and mainly they make fun of them.

No kids listen to Nirvana? WTF? Nirvana, along with Led Zeppelin is what the kids are starting to where out here, I guess to rebel against
Emo and Rap.

Macu
02-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Oh!Unchainme!Dude!I have seen you put music videos in,well,lets say,almost EVERY thread(not really,buuuuuut)you have been in,and yet,you start a "Nirvana" thread,aaaaaaaand,.....NOTHING!If its not too much to ask,(and even if its too much to ask) can you do a brotha right and hook us up? I understand youve been "Baptised with LARG".Use the force,Uke! (I just made that shit up.Uke.Without fucking thinking I just figured that shit out!)Uke,Bob is your father!O.K.,Ill stop,buuuuut,can a nigga get a Nirvana video?All of us here at M.W.H.(Macu World Headquarters)would be greatly appreciative!

Rikk
02-17-2006, 05:51 PM
You're saying that In Bloom doesn't get radio play? Heart Shaped Box? All Apologies? The Man Who Sold The World? Rape Me?. I hear those all the time on The Radio. The only time I hear Poison is occasionly on those 80's Flashback specials, and mainly they make fun of them.

No kids listen to Nirvana? WTF? Nirvana, along with Led Zeppelin is what the kids are starting to where out here, I guess to rebel against
Emo and Rap.

I'm in Teacher's College. I was doing a lot of volunteer teaching last year too.

I've seen 10-year-olds with NIRVANA shirts. I've seen 14-year-olds with NIRVANA shirts.

And BTW, the idiots whole argument also started by him trying to claim that POISON is more popular than NIRVANA...what a joke.

NIRVANA is the best-remembered rock band of the 90s...and for the music. And yes, Cobain's mystique.

Sometimes, there's no use in fighting with useless mullet-heads that think rock reached its peak with OPEN UP AND SAY AHH...or whatever the fuck it's called...

Unchainme
02-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Macu
Oh!Unchainme!Dude!I have seen you put music videos in,well,lets say,almost EVERY thread(not really,buuuuuut)you have been in,and yet,you start a "Nirvana" thread,aaaaaaaand,.....NOTHING!If its not too much to ask,(and even if its too much to ask) can you do a brotha right and hook us up? I understand youve been "Baptised with LARG".Use the force,Uke! (I just made that shit up.Uke.Without fucking thinking I just figured that shit out!)Uke,Bob is your father!O.K.,Ill stop,buuuuut,can a nigga get a Nirvana video?All of us here at M.W.H.(Macu World Headquarters)would be greatly appreciative!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GumB-xuQEY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GumB-xuQEY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ask and you shall recieve mate. Nirvana's Most well known song and video. Its impact is still felt to this very day. This Vid is auctually based on Cobain's Favorite Movie called OVER THE EDGE, Coincidently Classic Van Halen is on The Soundtrack in The Movie with You Really Got Me.

Unchainme
02-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
I'm in Teacher's College. I was doing a lot of volunteer teaching last year too.

I've seen 10-year-olds with NIRVANA shirts. I've seen 14-year-olds with NIRVANA shirts.

And BTW, the idiots whole argument also started by him trying to claim that POISON is more popular than NIRVANA...what a joke.

NIRVANA is the best-remembered rock band of the 90s...and for the music. And yes, Cobain's mystique.

Sometimes, there's no use in fighting with useless mullet-heads that think rock reached its peak with OPEN UP AND SAY AHH...or whatever the fuck it's called...

I mean honestly do more kids know the lryics to Smells Like Teen Spirit or Unskinny Bop, Are more kids learning the Riffs to Heart Shaped Box or Every Rose Has it Thorn?, Hell Nirvana's songs are probably even more known to todays youth than CVH (I'm going to get killed for that comment.)

Macu
02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Haven't we had this same argument 50 times?

No one's comapring Poison to Nirvana in terms of importance or even talent. I very clearly say that they suck live and CC is a terrible guitarist. But in terms of having fun and listening to tunes, Poison, or most matal bands will kick Nivana's overated ass!

I KNOW Incesticide is an outakes album. IT STILL SUCKS BALLS!!!!!! They should have remained outtakes, or been saved for that useless fucking box set, that Cuntney needed to buy more smack.

In Utero is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. Not a single good song on it.

I don't know a single kid under the age of 18 that listens to Nirvana. I hardly know any over 18 that still listen to anything other than Nevermind. Of the people I do know that own Nevermind, maybe 10% own Bleach. MOST people I know who own Nevermind have never even heard Bleach. They think Nirvana's debut was Nevermind.

Again...Nirvana will go down in history as being known for one song, and a signer who blew his head off because he was a pussy who couldn't handle his fame..sniff sniff...

Nirvana IS classified. They are always lumped in as starting the grunge revolution. The band that KILLED HAIR METAL! Hell, they'll be better known for that, than their music!

Grunge comes out, starts the whole boom of Alternative music, to the point where the alternative section of the record store is the biggest section (tell me there's no irony there) and then dies as quick a death as the original punk scene or disco scene.

One song, man. One song. No one is playing Negative Creep or Polly or Heart Shaped Box or Milk It, etc on rock radio. hell, no one is playing Lithium much either. Maybe Come as You Are gets some play. But I'll bet you someone's playing Every Rose has it's Thorn or Unskinny Bop somewhere on rock radio..

But, as I say, we've HAD this argument before.
With all due respect,if you dont like Nirvana,fine.But you are starting to sound like the comparable Hagar sheep with regards to CVH.Its like this:For people that ride Harleys,no explanation is necessary,for those that dont,no explanation is possible.Theres no debate,no argument.If you want to try and prove a point,it wont happen here.If you like Poison,good for you.I dont care.I think its extremely GAY,but,this world also has gay mother-fuckers as well.So,without making this out to be personal,or,a big deal,let it rest,dude.

Macu
02-17-2006, 06:46 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GumB-xuQEY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GumB-xuQEY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ask and you shall recieve mate. Nirvana's Most well known song and video. Its impact is still felt to this very day. This Vid is auctually based on Cobain's Favorite Movie called OVER THE EDGE, Coincidently Classic Van Halen is on The Soundtrack in The Movie with You Really Got Me.

Just finished jammin on the video.Uke,you are the proverbial"shit".You have restored my faith in,well,whatever,aaaaand,definitely made my night.The next 2 beers and bottle of strong southern Italian wine are in honor to you!You have displayed LARGE(in caps),aaaaaand,have restored my faith in,oh shit,I already tried that line,well,anyway,uh,SALUTE!

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 06:50 PM
NO, this is the same argument I have with Rikk every fucking Nirvana thread, because he DOESN'T FUCKING READ. I CLEARLY stated off the top that Nirvana is overated. I then said that if you're cruising down the highway or having some beers, would you rather hear a fucking POS song like Heart Shaped Box or would you rather crank Talk Dirty to Me? To be honest the reason I threw out a Poison tune is because Poison is the first fucking band that gets trotted out when this topic comes up every two months...but I digress....I'm a casual Poison fan.

I then said that Poison is not brilliant music or are they great musicians. I NEVER compare them in terms of talent to your precious fucking Nirvana. I AM SAYING THEY ARE MORE FUN TO LISTEN TO THAN A FUCKING DOWNER BAND LIKE NIRVANA.

However, I will stand by my claim that NO ONE under the age of 30 cares about Nirvana. They're not listening to Poison either. No one.

Nirvana is as dead as their whiney singer. No one plays In Utero at a fucking party. No one plays Incesticide at a fucking party. No one plays them at a bar. No one plays them PERIOD. And Nirvana fans that claim they listen to them regualarly are LYING. I have them. I never play them. I have the two fucking live records. I never play them. I pay Bleach and Nevermind, and that's one more album than 99% of Nirvana fans listen to. I ACTUALLY LIKE NIRVANA...I'm just sick of hearing this horsehsit that somehow they're such an important and great fucking band that "killed" hair metal. Hair Metal is still around! Much more than grunge is. They made two very good records. They have a song that was an instant classic. That's it.

Then they went and ruined their legacy by putting out shit, and a fucking cunt singer who blew his head off, because being famous was too hard.

The 10 year olds wearing Nirvana t-shirts are about as into Nirvana as 20 year olds wearing Jim Morrison t-shirts are into the Doors. They like the legend and it's cool to wear the t-shirt.

If t-shirt sales meant jack shit, The Ramones would be the biggest fucking band of all time. (And they'd deserve it too- my second favorite band.)

Macu
02-17-2006, 07:13 PM
NO, this is the same argument I have with Rikk every fucking Nirvana thread, because he DOESN'T FUCKING READ. I CLEARLY stated off the top that Nirvana is overated. I then said that if you're cruising down the highway or having some beers, would you rather hear a fucking POS song like Heart Shaped Box or would you rather crank Talk Dirty to Me? To be honest the reason I threw out a Poison tune is because Poison is the first fucking band that gets trotted out when this topic comes up every two months...but I digress....I'm a casual Poison fan.

I then said that Poison is not brilliant music or are they great musicians. I NEVER compare them in terms of talent to your precious fucking Nirvana. I AM SAYING THEY ARE MORE FUN TO LISTEN TO THAN A FUCKING DOWNER BAND LIKE NIRVANA.

However, I will stand by my claim that NO ONE under the age of 30 cares about Nirvana. They're not listening to Poison either. No one.

Nirvana is as dead as their whiney singer. No one plays In Utero at a fucking party. No one plays Incesticide at a fucking party. No one plays them at a bar. No one plays them PERIOD. And Nirvana fans that claim they listen to them regualarly are LYING. I have them. I never play them. I have the two fucking live records. I never play them. I pay Bleach and Nevermind, and that's one more album than 99% of Nirvana fans listen to. I ACTUALLY LIKE NIRVANA...I'm just sick of hearing this horsehsit that somehow they're such an important and great fucking band that "killed" hair metal. Hair Metal is still around! Much more than grunge is. They made two very good records. They have a song that was an instant classic. That's it.
Then they went and ruined their legacy by putting out shit, and a fucking cunt singer who blew his head off, because being famous was too hard
If t-shirt sales meant jack shit, The Ramones would be the biggest fucking band of all time. (And they'd deserve it too- my second favorite band.)
DUDE!Do you hear yourself?First you say they are over-rated.The fact IS that they STILL have a STRONG following,AND,impact.Come here to Italy and try to tell someone "Nirvana aint shit","they are irrelevant,or,have no influence"You just dont get it.As far as cruisin down the highway,you are stating YOUR preference,not EVERYONES!If Nirvana is a "downer"to you,and,you like Poison more,good for you.Buuuut,you dont speak for EVERYONE.And stupid shit like "no one under 30 listens to Nirvana"is just plain IGNORANT.You know what?I am not going to waste my time going through any more of your post to debate.Like I said,there is NO debate.NO argument.Read my last post to you,and,this time,STFU.The real fool is the one that tries to convince a fool that he is right.I gave you a clean,respectable way out before,but now,you need to FUCK OFF! I dont care who you like.Thats your life,dude.You dont understand the expression,aaaaaaand,you dont tolerate opinions that are different than your own.FUCK YOU! PS-HE WAS MURDERED MOTHER-FUCKER!

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Macu...you cunt...YOU'RE NOT FUCKING LISTENING!!!!! (READING) And this is the problem with fucking Nirvana bitches! They are SOOOOO fucking hung up on this notion that Nirvana is SOOOOO fucking important to the world of music, that you guys get offended if anyone suggest that they are less than great. In the end, what are Nirvana known for?....a legacy of music or a fucking cunt that offed himself? I think you know the answer.

You're getting all upset that someone doesn't want to say Nirvana is great. You're screaming and yelling now that I should fuck off for telling it like it is. You're actually now yelling that Cobain was murdered!!!! BUT YOU FUCKING WANT ME TO GET A GRIP??????? I didn't tell you or Rikck or Unchain to STFU. I disagree with you guys, but I don't go crazy like you did. So now I say FUCK YOU.

He picked up a gun, and blew his fucking head off. Because he was another whiney puke who couldn't handle life. Fame was too much for him.

Nirvana bitches are all the same. They want to put Nirvana on the same level of importance to rock as the Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Chuck Berry, etc, AND THEY'RE JUST NOT!!!!!!! Not even close! Quit trying to make them more than they are. In their prime and heyday, they were no more popular than any number of the so-called hair metal bands that Nirvana bitches love to trot out. The difference??? Fans of the metal bands actually can still enjoy new music and tours from them because they;e still making music and touring.

Rikk
02-17-2006, 07:51 PM
My god, every time there's a thread about this band, this moron jumps in.

Very amusing...but kind of tired.

I guess I'm just WRONG when I listen to my NIRVANA records and happen to like them more than almost every other CD in my collection...and I love all 1500 CDs I own...

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 08:39 PM
No one's saying you're wrong, RIKK, but everytime this topic comes up, right off the bat someone has to drag out the "killed hair metal" junk, and then I try to make my claim that Nirvana is overated and then you jump in with the same name calling you always fucking do. I own more fucking albums than you do, of ALL kinds of music. I have said I like Nirvana's first two albums very much.

But somehow all you want to read is that I'm a moron and telling you Nirvana sucks and that you're wrong to like them.

Not the case. Like them all you want, but don't feed me the bullshit that they're so important to music past or present, because they aren't. Like we've argued before, Grunge is just as dead today as hair metal. So exactly how has Nirvana influenced music today? Do you hear fucking Nirvana in the Black Eyed Peas or Kelly freaking Clarkson?

When's the last time you heard a band that is getting regular airplay that sounds like they were influenced by Nirvana? And you can't trot out the excuse that a band doesn't have to be popular to be good. We all KNOW that. But like it or not, what you hear on the radio/video is what the young kids are buying. Are they being influenced by Nirvana or American Idol?

I think if you think about this thread, stop acting as if Nirvana is untouchable to criticize, you'll see that I wasn't so much attacking Nirvana as I was defending metal. It's the arrogance of the hardcore Nirvana fans that drives me nuts....that somehow they're better than fans of other music.

Dave Grohl, who IMO WAS the talented member of Nirvana, LOVED metal. And has made 100x better music since Nirvana disbanded than with them.

Macu
02-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Macu...you cunt...YOU'RE NOT FUCKING LISTENING!!!!! (READING) And this is the problem with fucking Nirvana bitches! They are SOOOOO fucking hung up on this notion that Nirvana is SOOOOO fucking important to the world of music, that you guys get offended if anyone suggest that they are less than great. In the end, what are Nirvana known for?....a legacy of music or a fucking cunt that offed himself? I think you know the answer.

You're getting all upset that someone doesn't want to say Nirvana is great. You're screaming and yelling now that I should fuck off for telling it like it is. You're actually now yelling that Cobain was murdered!!!! BUT YOU FUCKING WANT ME TO GET A GRIP??????? I didn't tell you or Rikck or Unchain to STFU. I disagree with you guys, but I don't go crazy like you did. So now I say FUCK YOU.

He picked up a gun, and blew his fucking head off. Because he was another whiney puke who couldn't handle life. Fame was too much for him.

Nirvana bitches are all the same. They want to put Nirvana on the same level of importance to rock as the Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Chuck Berry, etc, AND THEY'RE JUST NOT!!!!!!! Not even close! Quit trying to make them more than they are. In their prime and heyday, they were no more popular than any number of the so-called hair metal bands that Nirvana bitches love to trot out. The difference??? Fans of the metal bands actually can still enjoy new music and tours from them because they;e still making music and touring.
First,I am Not upset that ANYONE doesnt like Nirvana.I dont care if you like Nirvana.Thats the point.YOU want to convert me like some Christian.I say"like who you want",dont tell me who to like.Second,STUDY THE DEATH,ASS-HOLE!Or,better yet,say,"Baaaaaaa".You dont know it,but,these are my friends.You have something to prove here,not me.To me,and,many others,they are MORE relevant than the Beatles.But YOU are a fucking NAZI that cannot tolerate anyone feeling,or,believing what they feel,or,believe.I dont care who you like!Get it?Dont put words in my mouth.If Nirvana sucks for you,then they suck.Stop being such a fascist fucking ASS-HOLE in the NIRVANA thread,you fucking PRICK.My response is normal.Because you dont understand,or,have respect for anothers right to feel what they want automatically proves the point that me,and,Nirvana make.You are the equivalent of a Sammy sheep.I would have contained this to this thread,only,you have NO RESPECT.You dont understand basic respect.Like a fucking Christian.Sell your bull-shit religion somewhere else.I like Metal,you fucking dumb-ass,but Poison is NOT METAL!Learn some respect.This was a thread for people to enjoy,buuuuut,just like a Nazi-christian-fascist-attention seeking ASS-HOLE,you turned it into into your own personal "If they dont agree with me I will ruin it for all"thread.You like Poison?Start a poison thread.Like I said,you are no different than a hagar sheep.NOW.FUCK OFF AND DIE WITH HUNGER YOU DISRESPECTFULL CUNT!Keep it up and I will fuck with you EVERY chance I get until I am banned.NOW you may start to understand the power of expresssion,and,what Nirvana represents.Did I mention FUCK-OFF?

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Macu..seriously, get a grip. read the threads and count to ten. You started calling me names. Now you want me to die. Seriously.....you're not reading anything, you're just reacting like a bitch.

No one TOLD you to like or not like Nirvana. And even though I've repeated it like three times, you can't see that I've said I LIKE NIRVANA'S FIRST TWO ALBUMS. Meawhile, you're going off the fucking deep end like a drunken troll, calling me a facist Nazi????

You can't even understand a simple post. How I am being disrespectful to you, by stating my opinion of Nirvana, while you're calling me every name in the book is beyond me, moron.

And at the same time you have the nerve to talk about ME learning respect?

Go think about cheating on your wife, loser. And try not posting when you're drunk off your ass.

Unchainme
02-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Jesus Christ Venegance get the fuck out of MY thread, If you don't like Nirvana thats your fucking opinion, But quit attacking people for liking them.

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Jesus Christ Venegance get the fuck out of MY thread, If you don't like Nirvana thats your fucking opinion, But quit attacking people for liking them.

Oh for fuck's sake...you guys are fucking ponderous!!! Do any of you READ?????? Seriously!

Now in FOUR posts in this thread alone, I say that I liked Nirvana's first two albums. No one reads that. But heaven forbid I call them overated, EVERYONE GOES FUCKING LOONEY TUNES!!!!!

I get called a Nazi and told to die. BUT I FUCKING CALLED NIRVANA OVERATED. How dare I?

I never attacked ANYONE. Rikk called me names and Macu went off the deep end. So I fired back.

Seriously. Learn to read, Nirvana fans......

RuzDNailz
02-17-2006, 11:46 PM
One thing I like is Krist's Bass playing. I'm just starting to use a pick
for my bass playing and watching him play is helpful. Smell's Like Teen Spirit has a cool bass line that's easy to do for a first time bass
picker.

RuzDNailz
02-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Macu
You mean the negative,right?Fuck that whore!

Exactly my point! Who would marry that train-wreck? Plus they had
a kid who looks just like him.

BruinJer
02-18-2006, 08:57 AM
NIRVANA. One of my very favorite bands...maybe tied for first with one or two other bands.

Incredible stuff.

IN UTERO is probably my favorite...or maybe it's BLEACH. I just love that hard-edged fucking heavy punk/metal sound they had. NEVERMIND didn't really represent their sound.

Favorite songs:

BIG CHEESE
NEGATIVE CREEP
SCOFF
SLIVER
LOUNGE ACT
ON A PLAIN
AERO ZEPPELIN
MILK IT
PENNYROYAL TEA
TOURETTE'S

People thinking that simple songs aren't some of the greatest are dead wrong. I've always believed much more in a punk rock mentality than a metal one.

NIRVANA were it.

Absolutely correct! That punk/metal sound gets the blood movin'....

I'm listening to Negative Creep as I type... that is a fucking kick ass song!

BruinJer
02-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey...It comes on, people are cranking it, and signing along.

Come on, man....HEAVY POISON DENIAL GUYS!!!!!!

The point I'm trying to make is that bands like Poison are certainly not brilliant music. CC Deville is one of the worst guitarists ever. They suck live. (Saw 'em twice- once opening for DLR, other time on one of those summer metal tours) But they have catchy songs and if I'm on the porch, drinking a beer, I'm choosing a so-called hair metal band anyday ahead of a Nirvana cd. Even Nevermind.

I did see Poison once at a backyard party in Whittier (back in 1985)!

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I did see Poison once at a backyard party in Whittier (back in 1985)!

That's actually kinda cool, truth be told...I saw...um...fuck, who was it...?????

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah, I saw Alice in Chains and Candlebox prior to their "breaks"...and that one band that had that song...with the girl in the bee outfit..."All I can say is that my life is pretty plain - I like watching the puddles gather rain..." - whatever their fuckin' name was, I saw them prior to their one hit wonder, too...

Hmm.

Mr. Vengeance
02-18-2006, 11:18 AM
I'd weigh in, but I'm not allowed in this thread.....

Vinnie Velvet
02-23-2006, 03:15 PM

Incredible stuff.

Favorite songs:

BIG CHEESE
NEGATIVE CREEP
SCOFF
SLIVER
LOUNGE ACT
ON A PLAIN
AERO ZEPPELIN
MILK IT
PENNYROYAL TEA
TOURETTE'S

NIRVANA were it.

Sorry Rikk, but that's gotta be the funniest post I have ever read on this site!

Timeless?? Ferocious???

BHHAHAHAHAHA!!! LOL!!