PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Playoffs 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Romeo Delight
02-16-2006, 03:28 AM
Anyone catch the Celtics and Cavaliers game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260215002

Holy shit! Pierce made Lebron look foolish on a few plays...best I've seen him play.

Lebron with the triple double!

Pierce looked like he was about to cry after he fouled out in double OT and he had to watch Lebron win such an epic battle.

I almost felt sorry for an NBA player! Who woulda thunk it?

So much to talk about, I thought we needed a thread.

Dwayne Wade could have his own thread, but maybe this one will do.

BITEYOASS
02-16-2006, 08:29 AM
All I know is that the Pistons are beating the shit out of everybody! :D

Romeo Delight
02-25-2006, 11:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260224005

James finished with 25 points, but went 0-for-8 from the field and 4-for-12 from the foul line in the second half as Cleveland dropped its second straight after winning three in a row.

"I put all the blame on myself," said James, who came in averaging 35.8 points on 52 percent shooting over his previous five games. "It was a bad performance by me, simple as that."

James missed his final seven from the line -- and was even booed in the final minutes. After missing a shot from the wing with 5 seconds left, he angrily ripped off his headband, threw it into the crowd and walked off the court.

James said he "of course" heard the boos, adding, "If these fans want to boo me, it's on them."

Nice, Cleveland!

Sure he is having troubles at free throw line. I can't imagine booing LeBron.

POJO_Risin
02-25-2006, 03:06 PM
You boo Lebron if you are a fucking moron...not at all interested in keeping the best young player in the game...

hell...

the best overall player in the game...at least offensively...

Fucking cleveland fans are fucking douchebags...

POJO_Risin
02-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Page 2 has a hilarious story right now...called...

The First Annual Atrocious GM Summit...

staring Isiah, McHale, and Kupchak...

it's fucking hilarious...

The Shitty GM Summit (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/index)

Romeo Delight
02-25-2006, 03:21 PM
It's all gold, but I like this Nugget from Thomas:

Thomas: And that's one of the reasons I wanted to work for the Knicks. When I screwed up in Toronto, nobody cared. When I ran the CBA into the ground, nobody cared. When I coached the Pacers and lost a series to Boston in which we had 10 of the best 12 players, nobody cared. In New York, they care. Right now, I'm working on a trade with Orlando where we give up Penny Hardaway's expiring deal and Trevor Ariza for Steve Francis. It's an illogical trade in every respect -- Francis' contract is terrible, there's no way he'll mesh with the other guys, he's never won anything, he gives us the same problems that Marbury gives us, it's a disaster right out of the gate. And that's what makes it so great. When we pull this trade off, New York fans might actually riot. I'm not kidding.

Romeo Delight
02-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Even funnier:

Babcock: When you're trading an unhappy superstar, like Isiah said before, you have to get one of three things back: Cap space, draft picks or young stars. Or else your fans will flip out. Especially if the guy immediately starts playing hard again, which was a mortal lock in Vince's case, because he was clearly tanking it for us. Anyway, my goal was to trade Vince without getting cap space, draft picks or another young star -- that's what would have made it the worst trade of all-time. The problem was that you can't be too obvious with this stuff or the commissioner's office will veto the deal. So what ended up happening was, the Nets gave us two non-lottery picks to save face, but everything else worked out -- not only did we not get a superstar back, we took on three bad contracts, including Alonzo Mourning's deal, which we had to buy out. So instead of getting cap space back, the trade hurt our cap space. I was more proud of that than anything.

Weisbrod: You know, I loved that trade, but I loved the Rafael Araujo pick even more.

Babcock: Thanks!

Weisbrod: Passing up Andre Iguodala for a 24 year-old center who averaged 0.1 blocks per game in college and runs like a duck … I just thought that was brilliant.

Babcock: Well, you hope with these things, but you never sure how they'll work out until they happen.

Romeo Delight
02-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Simmons: So you like what Isiah has done?

Layden: Hell, yeah. Take the Francis trade, if it happens: Logically, it makes no sense because Francis and Marbury are the same player -- expensive, shoot-first point guards with huge entourages and attitude problems who have never won anything. Even if you're getting Francis for nothing, it still makes no sense on paper.

For example, let's say you spent $3,000 on a living room sofa two years ago that you didn't really like. To make the sofa stand out a little less, you bought a leather chair for $2,200 that doesn't match --.

Simmons: Marbury is the sofa and Jamal Crawford is the chair in this case?

Layden: Precisely. And the room still looks bad. So now, you're on Craigslist and you see that someone is selling another $3,000 sofa for $900 that's almost exactly like the sofa you have. And there's no way you would ever want two big, ugly sofas in the same room. It would just look ridiculous. But your mind-set is, "Hey, how can I turn down a $3,000 sofa for $900?" So you buy the sofa and stick it in the room, which is now cluttered with stuff since you also spent another $10,000 on some crummy art, a coffee table with support problems, two giant bookcases that have to be turned sideways, some wobbly end tables and a smashed sculpture that was patched back together with duct tape. But since it's too late to go back, you spend another $5,000 on an interior decorator to make the room work. Well, you know what would happen? He wouldn't be able to make it work. You bought too much crap.

See, this is why Isiah is a genius: He's assembling the basketball version of that nightmare living room, and he has the fans convinced that either the expensive interior decorator -- in this case, Larry Brown -- will be able to make everything work, or he can somehow swap some of that furniture to one of his neighbors for a first-class piece of art. And he's spending an ungodly amount of money! And you never hear rumors that he might get fired! I think it's a tribute to him and his staff. He's the best-ever at being an atrocious GM. He really is.

EbDawson
02-26-2006, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
He's the best-ever at being an atrocious GM. He really is.

Yeah, I guess you really have to work at being that bad.

POJO_Risin
02-26-2006, 01:27 PM
lmfao...Marbury is the sofa...and Crawford the Chair?

Precisely...and the room STILL looks bad...

hahahahahahahaha...

POJO_Risin
02-26-2006, 01:29 PM
The Cavs are horrible today...

They couldn't score if they were in a room full of Denver Hotel Desk Clerks...

Pavlovic sucks...from the outside...

Z looks like a big white lump of shit...

fuck them all...

Detroit doesn't really look much better...but they can fucking board...

ALinChainz
02-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Detroit in the midst of a 4 game in 5 night stretch ...

Cleveland is just real bad on the road ... still a player away ...

POJO_Risin
02-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Cleveland is more than a player away...

Hughes is out for the year I'm hearing...

and they don't have anyone that can really put it to you physically...

Z is a good banger...but not a guy you follow...

Gooden is a lightweight underneath...

they need a veteran bully underneath...

and they need a point guard that can distribute and MAKE shots...

POJO_Risin
02-26-2006, 01:47 PM
If you took James off this team...

Cleveland wouldn't win 10 games...they are THAT bad...

I'm listening to Hubie talkin' about the Cavs bench...and thinking...he hasn't really seen this team play...

their bench is highly overrated...

Romeo Delight
02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2347239

NEW YORK -- Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett was fined $5,000 by the NBA on Monday for throwing a basketball into the stands in a win over Memphis.

Garnett accidentally hit a fan when he tossed the ball away in the third quarter Sunday. He was reacting in frustration after being called for an offensive foul and was ejected from the game.

Medical personnel examined the fan, who was wheeled from the court on a gurney to boos and later walked with his family and arena personnel to a back room. His condition wasn't immediately available, although he appeared to be uninjured.

Garnett said Sunday that he didn't intend to throw the ball into the stands but was trying to get a delay-of-game call.

"By no means was I trying to hit a fan," he said.

Ricky Davis was also fined $5,000 by the NBA for kicking a basketball into the stands in a loss to Denver on Friday.

Wheeled from the court on a gurney?

From a basketball being tossed?

Dude should have his season tickets revoked from being such a pussy.

POJO_Risin
02-27-2006, 10:48 PM
lmfao...

so I ask you all this...

Ricky Davis...Ricky fucking Davis...

CAN ANYONE FUCKING TELL ME HOW THIS MOTHER FUCKER IS TAKING 10 MORE SHOTS THAN KEVIN FUCKING GARNETT A GAME?????

Now...this may just be me...but I think Davis has taken more shots than Garnett in all but 1 or 2 games since he's been a Timberwolf...

UM...HELLFUCKINGO????

Romeo Delight
02-27-2006, 11:02 PM
This was going to be my next post.

Unbelieveable!

Garnett needs a change. Minny will never have the support for Garnett , and Kevin's contract is the least of their problems there.

POJO_Risin
02-27-2006, 11:09 PM
It is time for Minnesota to deal him...expect Garnett in LA...just a feeling...

ALinChainz
02-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
It is time for Minnesota to deal him...expect Garnett in LA...just a feeling...

*cough*Flip Saunders*cough*Chauncey Billups*cough*Detroit ...

POJO_Risin
02-27-2006, 11:53 PM
They're going to trade Garnett for Flip Saunders and Chauncey Billups...

and apparently a bad cold?

ALinChainz
02-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Wishful thinking man ... we just got that first rounder from Orlando ... a conditional this season, we can't have it if its in the top 5 ... but the following season, we get it regardless.

Couple that with our first rounder, maybe an expiring large contract ...

POJO_Risin
02-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Do you really think they'll go after Garnett? Does he fit?

ALinChainz
02-28-2006, 12:01 AM
I believe Dumars inquired last season ... and was thinking having his former coach ... and Billups is a close friend ... and I think you make him fit by moving Sheed or Tayshaun Prince to the bench ... providing Ben or KG can play the 3 well enough ...

POJO_Risin
02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
I could see KG rollin' at 3...but not Ben...

you don't think they would move one of the Wallaces...Rasheed?

ALinChainz
02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
I get into that mode with the Pistons or Wings ... good teams that other players wouldn't mind playing for ... so I think anyone could just about fit ...

Unlike the Lions and Tigers ...

Romeo Delight
02-28-2006, 12:43 PM
I saw the footage of Garnett throwing basketball into stands.

More like he rolled it off his fingertips.

That pussy who got carried off on a stretcher should be ashamed!

Garnett comes over to see how he is doing and dude acts like he ran over his dog.

I say people in floor seats need to sign a waiver.

Fuck, before there were nets at NHL games behind goals, people were hurt for real from deflected pucks.

I've seen blood in the stands back in the day.

ALinChainz
02-28-2006, 12:47 PM
I could see KG rollin' at 3...but not Ben...

you don't think they would move one of the Wallaces...Rasheed?

Now with Darko gone .. were it to be anyone, it would be Rasheed.

He turned out better on this team than I tought he would though.

seenbad
02-28-2006, 02:41 PM
You and me both.

Still, you can keep him. He was a cancer in Portland.

Brett
02-28-2006, 04:51 PM
The Lakers besides Kobe blow...I'm too bummed at these losers right now to talk NBA shit.

POJO_Risin
02-28-2006, 11:41 PM
What's surprised me about Rasheed is he fit INTO the team...

never...ever thought that would happen.

The Lakers are far off.

You get Garnett though...and things could happen...and quickly...

although you have to wonder how long before the media starts the, "Kobe vs. Kevin" business...

I'm not disagreeing AT ALL about Kobe being the only good player on that team, but you do have to wonder if it will ever work with Kobe there because of the ultimate questions that will start once they do get another star there...

Romeo Delight
02-28-2006, 11:51 PM
It's crazy enough to work though. Garnett can share the ball and would certainly have the opportunity to get his 15 rebounds a night and 25 points.

How does the trade get done? With draft picks, Odom and who else?

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Well...the barrier to this trade is $$$$...

Garnett makes a boatload a year...so the Lakers would have to include Odom, picks...and someone else...

I just don't know if they have the horses.

They'll probably try and get Bynum as well...

perhaps Bynum, Odom and a couple of 1st rounders...for Garnett...and maybe straight up...

Brett
03-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Won three titles without another star there, so I have no worries about that. The Shaq/Kobe thing goes back 10 years, Shaq didn't like Kobe from Day 1 as a rookie. So that whole relationship was doomed from the start.

I don't care what the Lakers have to give to get KG...Take anyone you want apart from Kobe obviously. Give money, draft picks, whatever.

I like Bynum, I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of him. The kid is barely 18.

If Shaq and Kobe could each average 28 points a game, Garnett can get his standard 23 and 13 with little problem.

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Which is why Minny would ask for him...

and the Lakers would give him up...

would be a good deal for both IMO...

Romeo Delight
03-01-2006, 01:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2348474

TORONTO -- Bryan Colangelo joined the Toronto Raptors as its president and general manager Tuesday, ready to leave his imprint on a new team after splitting with a club that didn't offer him a contract extension.

Colangelo was named NBA executive of the year after the Suns won 62 games last season.
Colangelo was introduced a day after he resigned as general manager and president of the Phoenix Suns -- a team in which his father, Jerry Colangelo, is chairman and chief executive. Bryan Colangelo replaces Rob Babcock, who was fired Jan. 26 by the Raptors.

Bryan Colangelo was the NBA's 2005 executive of the year after the Suns' retooled roster won a league-high 62 games.

This is huge for Toronto, maybe they have a future after all.

I know this story but I almost think Stern had some role in this.

He was the architect of the Canadian franchises' induction into the league and has admitted on record that he fucked it up (draft picks).

I do hate Toronto, but they are a money maker in a large market.

Stern said as much last month, promising that Toronto was a strong franchise ..."model franchise" was the term he used, referring to how hockey and Basketball are run under one organization.

Brett
03-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Which is why Minny would ask for him...

and the Lakers would give him up...

would be a good deal for both IMO...

I think they'd want Odom, Bynum, a scrub, and a pick for KG. Of course I'd do it.

twonabomber
03-01-2006, 02:56 AM
another Cavs collapse, as inevitable as another shitty Browns draft. we're used to it.

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Nah...they'll rebound...somehow...

but that's what you get for getting 42 minutes a night from Lebron...

they might as well trade him...

twonabomber
03-01-2006, 03:09 AM
i almost went Monday night, too. now i'm glad i didn't. and it would have been more painful becuase i found some club seats on Stubhub, and if i pay that much for tickets they better fucking win. :D

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 01:03 PM
It's frustrating to me to know exactly what the Cavs need...and have them not actively seek out the answer to their team...

That may not be true...I know that they were looking for a point from the start...but I think it says a lot that Damon Jones looked so good after they tried to get every available point.

Now they are stuck with that piss poor contract and player for the next freakin' what....3...4 years?

Romeo Delight
03-02-2006, 03:37 AM
Iverson was left off US Olympic Team.

Nice effort, shooting lights out in final quarter.

I think he was sending a message, but you can't fault selections on team.

Webber is a surprise this year. I though he was done.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=156751&hubname=nba

HOUSTON (AP) - Even though Allen Iverson scored 40 points, the Philadelphia 76ers knew it took a team effort to rally past the Houston Rockets.

Iverson had 12 points in the fourth quarter, but he had plenty of help in Philadelphia's 106-101 on Wednesday night.

''This was a heck of a win for us,'' coach Maurice Cheeks said. ''And it was very much a team win. Sam (Dalembert) had a big block for us in the fourth quarter, Johnny Salmons had some big baskets and Chris (Webber) was fantastic.

''Let's don't forget Allen Iverson. Allen put us in position to win. But this was still a prime example of a team effort.''

Webber had 21 points and 13 rebounds for his 26th double-double of the season. Kyle Korver added 14 points, including three three-pointers in the final period. Salmons had 10 points and four rebounds, and praised Iverson.

''He had it going again,'' Salmons said. ''He's just one of those special players. Whatever makes a great player great, that's what he has. I don't know what it is for sure but I'm trying to get it.

''The good thing tonight is we all contributed when it was critical. When he's dominating like that and we keep moving and getting our shots, we can beat anybody - even Detroit.''

The Rockets wouldn't argue on this night.

''Pretty much down the stretch, those guys got any shots they wanted,'' said Tracy McGrady, who led Houston with 25 points, including 12 in the third quarter when Houston led by as many as 11.

''Not only were they shots they wanted, but they were shots in the paint and those are pretty good shots. We didn't do a good job of preventing them from getting those shots.''

Coach Jeff Gundy agreed.

''That was a very disappointing fourth quarter,'' he said. ''The level of defence, the intensity, was not correct and the shot selection was outside-in versus inside-out.

''That's very disappointing and we deserve what we got.''

A day after it was reported that Iverson was not among the players invited to U.S. national team training camp, he responded with his 12th game of 40 or more points this season. His season high was 53 at Atlanta on Dec. 23 and he is averaging 33 points, the most of his nine-year career.

A late 8-0 run, with six points from Iverson, gave the 76ers a 104-98 lead with 1:38 to play. Iverson wrapped it up with a 17-foot jumper with 21 seconds to play for the game's final basket.

Romeo Delight
03-02-2006, 03:44 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=156706&hubname=nba

BOSTON (AP) - After struggling through three quarters, Antoine Walker came through when it mattered most against his old team.

Dwyane Wade had 24 points and eight assists, Walker scored all of his 13 points in the fourth quarter, and the Miami Heat extended their winning streak to seven with a 103-96 victory over the Boston Celtics on Wednesday night.

''Any time you come back and beat your old team, it has meaning,'' said Walker, who spent the first seven years of his career with the Celtics. ''In the fourth quarter, I just told myself to be aggressive.''

Shaquille O'Neal added 16 points and nine rebounds for the Heat, who had six players score in double figures and outscored the Celtics 56-32 in the paint.

Wade, the Eastern Conference player of the month for February, shot 7-of-15 from the field and was 10-of-16 from the free throw line. He also had five rebounds for the Heat, who have won 12 of 14 and improved to 26-10 since Pat Riley took over for Stan Van Gundy as coach Dec. 12.

Paul Pierce, who set a Celtics record by averaging 33.5 points per game in February, scored 38 points. Delonte West had 20 and Wally Szczerbiak added 12 for the Celtics.

Walker, making his first appearance in Boston since been traded to the Heat in the off-season, was 0-of-4 from the floor through three quarters. But he was 5-of-7 in the fourth, including 3-of-5 from beyond the three-point line, as the Celtics' two-game winning streak ended.

''In the second half and fourth quarter, you could see he was ready to make the shots,'' Wade said. ''When you got veteran guys like 'Toine coming off the bench, they won't let you lose.''

The Heat led by as many as 11 early in the fourth quarter, but West and Ryan Gomes sparked a Boston rally.

After Shandon Anderson's free throw gave the Heat an 80-70 lead with 9:47 remaining, West hit two consecutive three-pointers to pull Boston within 80-76.

Walker then made a three-pointer to extend Miami's lead to 85-78, but Raef LaFrentz and West made back-to-back three-pointers and Gomes hit a 21-foot jumper to make it 86-85 and give Boston its first lead since early in the third quarter.

After the teams traded baskets, Walker gave Miami the lead for good when his layup made it 90-88 with 4:44 remaining.

Walker's third three-pointer of the fourth then pushed Miami's lead to 100-94 with 55 seconds remaining.

''You've got to pick your poison with them,'' Pierce said. ''We're doubling Shaq and paying so much attention to Wade, we leave Antoine open. He was able to step up and knock down some shots.''

Anderson scored a season-high 15 points and Jason Williams added 13 points and nine assists for Miami.

After scoring 28 first-quarter points, Boston managed just 40 in the second and third quarters combined. O'Neal had three blocked shots and Alonzo Mourning had two for Miami.

''I thought we really lost our intensity,'' Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. ''We started watching them play for a while, and I thought that really hurt us.''

Al Jefferson, who returned after missing nine games with a sprained right ankle, contributed seven points and five rebounds for the Celtics.

Jefferson scored the first five points of the second quarter to extend Boston's lead to 33-26.

But Anderson scored six in the second quarter to help the Heat chip away at the lead and pull to within 48-46 at halftime.

Damn! I do like Miami! Flash is the most improved player by far this year. Watch out.

Romeo Delight
03-05-2006, 06:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260304013

Hey Brett! Did the lakers hire a couple of guys to 10-days just so they could be cheerleaders off the bench?

Who is that dude in all the highlight packages jumpin around like Will Farrell after a made foul shot?

Anyways, they beat the Pistons, which is reason to celebrate.

Kwame held Wallace to 17 on 7-17 shooting! Maybe Brown can be a solid rebounder and defender?

Brett
03-05-2006, 01:31 PM
HAHA, I don't care as long as they win. I was out all night, I didn't even see the game...figured I wasn't going to miss anything but the Lakers losing by 15. To say I was rather shocked by the final score would be an understatement.

Romeo Delight
03-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Lakers beat San Antonio (although SA had just played Phoenix the night before)

Who saw Kobe posterize entire San Antonio team last night, especially dunking on Duncan mercilessly.

Damned impressive.

Romeo Delight
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2363437

The Canuck's majority owner has contacted NBA head office and has been promised a serious look for potential moves within the NBA for troubled franchises.

Portland's move to Vancouver would not affect divisions.

Stern knows he fucked up in Vancouver before.. Olympic exposure in 2010 makes Vancouver an attractive proposition, as well as committed local ownership.

Stern seems to like the stability of a hockey/basketball being owned under one roof. The Canucks have sold out for 7-8 years in a row now.

Dollar is waaaay up from where it was when Grizzlies were in trouble (about 88 cents now).

I am here to tell you some team is coming here before 2010.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen said Friday he has invested more in an NBA team than any other owner, but the Blazers still need a public partnership to survive financially.

In a posting on the team's Web site, the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft Corp. said, "Portland has enjoyed the benefits of the Trail Blazers through what is probably the most favorable franchise relationship with a city that has ever existed in the NBA."

But Allen repeated what he has said through spokesmen: "Unfortunately the economic model for that type of deal is broken, and now everyone needs to pitch in and try and fix it. If that effort fails, the team is in jeopardy, as we have invested too much to this point to continue."

A spokeswoman for Gov. Ted Kulongoski said Friday night the governor's position has not changed -- no bailout is planned with public money.

"The governor recognizes the value of the organization but his priorities are on education and health care right now," Anna Richter-Taylor said.

Portland city officials have scheduled another meeting with team officials for Wednesday but had no immediate comment on the Web posting by Allen, said John Doussard, Mayor Tom Potter's spokesman.

Allen said team management is ultimately his responsibility -- including the decision to give up ownership of the Rose Garden arena after the team's sister company, Oregon Arena Corp., declared bankruptcy under the weight of construction debt.

Allen said the arena's new ownership group has gotten back $195 million on an original investment of $155 million, plus a stadium worth more than $60 million and millions of dollars annually for suites, club seats, concessions and parking.

In a comment about his rank as one of the wealthiest men in the world, Allen said he could not afford to endure losses. He has already projected the team will lose $100 million in the next three years without some outside financial support.

"While I have deep pockets, it's sickening to know the model is broken, hemorrhaging money," Allen said. "It's hard. As a businessman, I'm out of pocket hundreds of thousands of dollars each and every game. That's brutal."

Allen said he would rather see the money go to community charities, education or health and science research.

He noted he has made bad investments in the past -- it has been widely reported he has lost about $12 billion in less than a decade -- but he said the team is an investment that benefits the state and regional economy.

He said other professional sports teams are losing money in smaller markets, but publicly financed arenas are helping teams survive in the NBA, NFL and Major League Baseball.

Brett
03-12-2006, 04:30 AM
Lakers beat San Antonio (although SA had just played Phoenix the night before)

Who saw Kobe posterize entire San Antonio team last night, especially dunking on Duncan mercilessly.

Damned impressive.

Duncan's a pussy what else is new. Shit Kwame Brown owned him, what does that say? Duncan is the most coddled star the league has ever seen.

POJO_Risin
03-12-2006, 10:11 AM
No way is there another team in Vancouver in the forseeable future...

even though I agree with a lot of what you said....

but no way...

Romeo Delight
03-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Let me put it to you this way...no way Portland has a team there in two years unless they get an NHL franchise.

There is some clause that team is in Portland until 2025 or something, but if Allen wants out, team will move. No way that clause can be enforced. These things have a way of being "worked out"

I say a franchise in Vancouver is not as far-fetched as you may think.

There are alot of troubled NBA cities. A team would rake in the money here, given that the building has another stellar tenant. We always filled the place despite horrible decisions by Stu Jackson, ironically a guy who will have some say in where re-located franchises end up.

POJO_Risin
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
That would be a tremendous comeback...

POJO_Risin
03-12-2006, 08:05 PM
The thing is...I think you are going to have some trouble getting past Las Vegas (which is starving for a team, and Oklahoma City seems to be making a decent push right now for a team...

Vegas is still a stretch IMO...

but Stern wants a team there, or there sure as hell wouldn't be an all-star game there...

Romeo Delight
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
I think Stern wants to show everyone that it wasn't his mistake in selecting the city of Vancouver, rather other things such as: the draft conditions (he has admitted some fault there, although blames other owners ultimately for forcing his hand), lack of local corporate support (a crock), dollar, bad luck, and lack of a local owner.

He wants to make good on his original choice and if there is a politically acceptable choice to move, we will get franchise.

Romeo Delight
03-12-2006, 08:16 PM
I can see it now....

Steve Nash, TWO-time MVP makes his triumphant return home to lead the Grizzlies back into the NBA.

Yao is next to come here in Stern's vision to expand game. (We have a large Asian community)

I dare say Vancouver has just a tad more potential than Oklahoma City, given Stern's vision outside N. America.

POJO_Risin
03-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Stern's vision is focused soley on Vegas bro...

and he put the Hornets in Oklahoma City for a reason...

proximity for sure...

but Okie has long been hunting for a team...

and you have to admit...with the success in Memphis...and current Okie success...they would be at the top of the list...

You DO have many, many good point about returning to Vancouver, but, it's a hard sell because of the past...

I know that Stern sees a big picture here, but...I don't see Vancouver getting another franchise right now...

although, it would/will be a fantastic story if it happens...

makes no sense that Vancouver shouldnt/couldn't have another team...

Romeo Delight
03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I know it would work, because I saw all the games...People were nuts for it.

Real problem was, we were managed by an idiot. Name me one franchise that doesn't struggle at the gate after 5 losing seasons.

Owner was not local, and he sold his interest in NBA team. We were doomed at that point.

Now that we have local owner of Canucks and building, dollar is strong and will remain so for at least 5 years, Olympics...

I miss the NBA terribly:mad:

Heisley's slogan in the last, fateful year...I'm serious:

"Here...Now" Not a joke!!!!!

He put up a few billboards a week before season was to start, for appearances....

POJO_Risin
03-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Again...I don't disagree with you at all...DF...I actually agree with you...

but you know what they say...

image is everything...and Stern is about image...

Now...you COULD make a HUGE splash by moving a team there for the Olympics...

but that wouldn't happen now...that would happen then...

that's the kind of polish that Vancouver needs right now.

I think a team would be fantastic in Vancouver...great city...

Romeo Delight
03-13-2006, 02:27 AM
You are right about Vegas...who wouldn't want a team there. Need a complete gambling policy first, obviously for league.

Here is why Stern owes Vancouver a franchise. He knows it.

Due to draft restrictions insisted upon by other NBA owners, the Vancouver Grizzles were prevented from drafting their other-wise would be hall-of-famers.

Instead they draft never-could-have beens like Antonio Daniels or the dominant Brant Reeves...

OK:

1995: Drafted ahead of Brant Reeves: Garnett, Rasheed Wallace, Jerry Stackhouse, Antonio Mc Dyess.

Give us any one of those players and Grizzlies are still in Vancouver

1996: Drafted ahead of Abdur-Rahim (an ok pick): Allen Iverson

1997: Drafted ahead of Antonio Daniels: TIm fucking Duncan and Chauncey Billups.

:mad:

Tell me Vancouver doesn't deserve aN NBA franchise after such ridiculous restrictions.

Look at those players! Give us just one, and everything changes.

You are right though, 2010 is looking good.

Romeo Delight
03-27-2006, 10:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2385624

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen on Sunday attended his first game at the Rose Garden since announcing that the team was hemorrhaging money and needs a public partnership to remain financially viable.

"Everything is completely up in the air," he said about the team's future.

Allen spoke briefly to reporters outside Portland's locker room during halftime against the Los Angeles Clippers.

The billionaire co-founder of Microsoft has estimated that the Trail Blazers could lose $100 million over the next three years.

Part of the problem, according to Allen, is that the team no longer sees revenue from the Rose Garden.

The arena was financed by Allen without public money. But the team's sister company, Oregon Arena Corp., declared bankruptcy in 2004 and Allen chose to give up ownership rather than continue to pay interest on construction debt.

As a result, team revenue has declined sharply, along with ticket sales, down by a third from five years ago.

Some have criticized Allen's plea -- first made at the NBA trade deadline -- considering he ranks among the world's richest men.

But Allen insisted repeatedly that the "financial model is broken" when it comes to the team, asking, "You want to let it just sit there and not fix it?"

Allen's financial advisers have been meeting with city and state officials, who have said they have no money to help the team but are willing to work to find a solution.

When asked if he saw himself as owner of the team next season, Allen replied, "Uncertain."

On Sunday, he unassumingly walked on to the court about a minute before the game and spoke to a pair of team executives before taking his seat under the basket closest to the Blazers' bench.

A spokesman for Allen's privately held investment company, Vulcan Capital, estimated Allen has spent $600 million on the team and the arena since 1988 but has yet to see a profit.

I know for a fact that a vancouver group including Vancouver Canuck ownership has presented the NBA with a formal proposal to re-locate team there.

Anything is possible.

The Memphis Grizzlies are reducing ticket prices across the board next year...cheapest seats???

5 fucking dollars!!!!
BWAAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Fuck you Heisley!!!

There are another 3 NBA franchises in desperate situations, but if your ticket prices are five, that is five dollars....things are indeed grim.

Looks like vancouver would be a top 12 franchise, revenue wise at this point without a doubt!

seenbad
03-30-2006, 07:49 PM
You keep your grubby mitts off my Blazers fucker!! :mad: :mad:

Romeo Delight
03-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by seenbad
You keep your grubby mitts off my Blazers fucker!! :mad: :mad:

I would prefer that Portland got an NHL franchise so I could get down to Portland more often.

Without one, the Blazers are gone

:D

ALinChainz
03-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Portland would have to have something ... someone would step up and buy the team ...

That has to be an alternative right?

Romeo Delight
03-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Who has seen Lebron lately?

I think he is the only player that cannot be defended, going to the hole.

When he wants to penetrate, there is no stopping him.

It is like man against boys

I think I like his style of play when he plays a liitle more "selfishly" for lack of a better word.

(I don't want to bring up killer instinct again);)

Romeo Delight
03-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Portland would have to have something ... someone would step up and buy the team ...

That has to be an alternative right?

You know someone with deeper pockets, willing to lose tens of millions a year?

I have a bad feeling about Portland, although Vancouver may not be their destination.

ALinChainz
03-30-2006, 10:27 PM
His last month has been huge ... his first game winner, a playoff birth for the Cavs ... the last being when he was in the 7th grade ...

His size and skill going to the hole would be enough, but the perimiter game is becoming just as lethal. I don't see as much of him, but it seems like when that jumper becomes more consistent, look the fuck out.

Romeo Delight
03-30-2006, 10:33 PM
I saw him drain some threes effortlessly a couple of days ago...it is scary

ALinChainz
03-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah ... when that shit is happening ... you're better off just shutting everyone else down ... cuz he's gettin' his ...

Romeo Delight
03-30-2006, 11:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2390941

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The NBA pulled out of negotiations Thursday between the Portland Trail Blazers and Rose Garden owners intended to help sell the team and its home arena.

Last month, Blazers owner Paul Allen said the team was hemorrhaging money and appealed for a public partnership to keep it afloat. Allen suggested he may have to sell the team if a solution could not be found.

Representatives for Allen met with city and state officials, but the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft had expressed frustration with the owners of the Rose Garden.

The arena was originally financed by Allen without public money. But the team's sister company, Oregon Arena Corp., declared bankruptcy in 2004 and Allen chose to give up ownership rather than continue to pay interest on construction debt.

As a result, team revenue has declined sharply, along with ticket sales, down by a third from five years ago.

Allen has estimated the team will lose some $100 million over the next three seasons.

In a statement released Thursday, commissioner David Stern said the league has attempted for the past six weeks to broker a deal "to sell the team and the arena to one of several prospective purchasers that we have identified."

"Unfortunately, the arena owners have not offered any constructive response to these efforts and recently advised us that they are satisfied with the status quo. Accordingly, we have advised both parties that we have withdrawn from the process," Stern's statement said.

Richard Josephson, a board member for Portland Arena Management, the company formed to represent the lenders who now own the Rose Garden, said the group met with representatives for Allen and the commissioner whenever asked.

"We thought there were ongoing discussions," Josephson said. "We've never been presented a specific proposal, either as to price or as to buyer, to consider. We have been talking and indicated out willingness to continue to talk, and did not find Mr. Stern's decision to issue that press release particularly helpful to the process."

Andy Brimmer, a spokesman for Allen, said Allen remains willing to work with Portland Arena Management, "but as the NBA indicated, to date PAM has not been responsive."

"We appreciate the positive working relationship we've developed with the city and we'll continue working with them to find a solution," Brimmer said.

Some have criticized Allen's plea -- first made at the NBA trade deadline -- considering he ranks among the world's richest men.

Allen made his first comments to reporters about the situation during halftime of the Blazers' loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday, insisting that the "financial model is broken" when it comes to the team. He appealed for cooperation.

"Right now you've got one major party in this whole thing that's on the sidelines, they're not saying anything. ... They have to be part of a solution to leave the franchise in a healthy state," he said.

When asked if he saw himself as owner of the team next season, Allen replied, "Unclear."

Not looking good at all.

Doesn't look like this can be fixed.

seenbad
03-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Damon Stoudamier may be putting together some investment money with some folks out of Texas and Florida as well as some cabbage from his own pockets that would give him controlling interest, which would almost make certain that the team would stay in Portland. He still has a house here and digs this town ....

....there are a lot of stoners here.

POJO_Risin
03-31-2006, 09:04 PM
The great thing about LeBron...is that he hit his "first" game winner...

as well as was able to find the hot hand for 2 or 3 other game winners all within a week...

he has a great combination now...of gaining that killer instinct that we talked about so voraciously before...

and being able to pass out of triple teams at the end of the game to the guys that are burying game winners...

he's an incredible fucking combination right now...and will only get better...

POJO_Risin
03-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Damon Staudamire is putting together a group?

Are you allowed to be a player and an owner at the same time?

I remember that Magic had to give up his digs in what...1996...the year he came back...

Damon Staudamire...damn...that just seems weird to me...

Warham
03-31-2006, 10:28 PM
LeBron's pretty damn impressive, I must say.

I think he passes very well, has good rebounding skills, and has decent to good shot selection.

Shot selection is key, and it's the real reason Kobe isn't on Jordan's level. That career .451 shooting percentage just doesn't cut it.

I think Jordan's was well above 52% at one time in his career. He finished up right around .495 or so, only because of a few average seasons in Washington.

seenbad
03-31-2006, 11:09 PM

I hear he's trying to get some talks going.

Are you allowed to be a player and an owner at the same time?

I doubt it, but I also don't think he'll be back playing again for a while. Have you seen the footage of that knee tweek??

Damon Staudamire...damn...that just seems weird to me...

Me too but hey, anything to keep my team in town.

POJO_Risin
04-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah...I saw it...and I agree...

I still don't see another team in Vancouver...even though I know they could support one...

I think the NBA will allow Portland every opportunity to keep that team...

but you never know in this day and age...

Brett
04-01-2006, 03:53 AM

FREE WEED FOR ALL THE PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romeo Delight
04-01-2006, 04:33 AM
I think the Portland situation is going to reach a point of no return.

Allen can't make it work, so who can?

I am not aware of anyone willing to lose that kind of cash.

Here is an old article (Nov. 2005) but it outlines whay Allen
cannot continue:

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=32764

Basically, not only does he not have advantage of sharing costs with another sports franchise for arena and its associated extra revenue streams (like Vancouver could offer)...

HE HAS NO SUCH REVENUES
FROM EVEN ONE TEAM BECAUSE HE DOESN'T OWN ARENA.

You could say that Allen is trying to negotiate a better deal with Rose Garden, but the situation looks impossible to work out.

Who can make this work? It is an unmanagable situation unless the Rose Garden and its people buy team.

Here are some exerpts explaining how impossible the present situation is...unfuckingbelievable:

"The result has been an unusual arrangement in which both the Trail Blazers and Global Spectrum sell tickets to Blazer games.

There are different groups selling different ticket packages, and there is probably some confusion among the fans,” said Allen, 52.

Competition for ticket buyers has made for some tense moments and an uneasy relationship between the Blazers and Global Spectrum, which controls suites, courtside and preferred seating for Blazer games and all tickets for other Rose Garden events. Allen’s seats beneath the basket at the Blazers’ end of the Rose Garden fall under Global Spectrum’s jurisdiction.
“We worked out an arrangement so I could retain my seats,” Allen says. “The whole thing is an odd situation.”

No fucking way. Allen had to beg for his own seats. This is so done. No way this business relationship can continue.

Someone make a case for the team staying in Portland.

For those Portland fans I am sorry. I know what losing your team would mean.

POJO_Risin
04-01-2006, 04:41 PM
LeBron James...47 points...12 boards and 10 assists...

Talk about stepping up your game...

right now...he IS about as unstoppable as it gets...

Romeo Delight
04-01-2006, 11:39 PM

I still don't see another team in Vancouver..

I am done on this subject until there is some serious news...

Except to say, don't you think Stern is tired of the various scenarios with unstable franchises, with him having to play middle man between state, city, owner, and whoever else is involved?

He wants some problems to go away as soon as it is politically feasable, and the appearance of due diligence and exhaustive efforts to solve these problems.

In the end, he is looking for a more stable and foolproof model, namely, local ownership WITH STADIUM, and a diverse economic base in the host city hopefully with an NHL franchise to bolster the foundation.

Romeo Delight
04-02-2006, 01:25 AM
LeBron James...47 points...12 boards and 10 assists...

Talk about stepping up your game...

right now...he IS about as unstoppable as it gets...

Just finished watching this...

What a game!

Flash with just about the same numbers.

Wade is on the Olympic team isn't he?

Crazy shit.

POJO_Risin
04-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah...I'm pretty sure Wade is on the Olympic team...

POJO_Risin
04-03-2006, 01:58 AM
IMO...it's a 3 man race for MVP...

1. Chauncey Billups
2. Steve Nash
3. Kobe Bryant

ALL NBA team...if they do it by position...

PG--Nash
SG--Bryant
SF--LeBron James
PF--Elton Brand
C--Dirk Nowitzki (I took liberties...I know he's not a center...but who the fuck else is there?)

If all were right in the world...

it would be Nash, Billups, Bryant, James and Brand (with Wade and Nowitzki right there)...

Not sure how they do it...

I think that it's a tossup right now between the three that I mentioned...and I'd say it's between the PG's...

but Kobe's really singlehandedly carrying the Lakers into the playoffs...

and putting up SICK numbers...

It should be interesting..

Brett
04-03-2006, 06:18 PM
If the Lakers finish with 45+ wins somehow, Kobe deserves MVP, he's had a spectacular season. And guess what, he's making guys better, that fucking cliche. Look at Odom, look at Kwame Brown, both playing the best basketball in their careers the last month.

I think Yao actually deserves first team center, he's really stepped his game up since he came back from his injuries, and is a completely different player now. I was truly impressed by his play against the Lakers the other day.

Switch84
04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
All I know is that the Pistons are beating the shit out of everybody! :D

:D THAT'S RIGHT! Yesterday my Motor City B-ballers clinched home court advantage throughout THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS, BABEEE!!

The "Golden Grrl" is coming back to the "BIG MOTOR"!!!

Brett
04-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D THAT'S RIGHT! Yesterday my Motor City B-ballers clinched home court advantage throughout THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS, BABEEE!!

No they haven't....just in the East they have.

Switch84
04-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Brett
No they haven't....just in the East they have.

:rolleyes: The Eastern Conference is the ONLY conference, imo! It's definitely the strongest. What, you think the LA Losers can hang with the 'Big Motor', Miami, or Cleveland? That Hollywood Hype machine can't hang with the Knicks, baby...

San Antone will go the way of the Alamo.

Nuthin' but YEAH!!

Warham
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
I'd like to see KoBe get up to 35 ppg, just for posterity's sake.

That'd give him the 10th highest scoring average in an NBA season.

I see KoBe averaging over 30 ppp for the next few years as his teammates get better around him. If they can get another decent power forward, and a better bench, I think they could go far deeper in the playoffs.

Just imagine something like this...

PG - Parker
SG - KoBe
SF - Odom
PF - Garnett (I can dream)
C - Mihm

Then a bench with Brown, George, Turiaf, Walton, and a few others...

Brett
04-03-2006, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes: The Eastern Conference is the ONLY conference, imo! It's definitely the strongest. What, you think the LA Losers can hang with the 'Big Motor', Miami, or Cleveland? That Hollywood Hype machine can't hang with the Knicks, baby...

San Antone will go the way of the Alamo.

Nuthin' but YEAH!!

The Lakers beat the Pistons this season, oh and Cleveland, Miami, and the Knicks twice.

You still don't know shit about the sport, it's sad you continue to comment. When you will you be off the Piston bandwagon, I doubt you were cheering when they were a last place team a few years back.

Yeah the East is real strong, that's why they have one title other than the Bulls in the last 15 years.

Brett
04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
War, gonna have to give up Kwame or Mihm to get Garnett, along with Bynum...and with any luck, George. :)

Warham
04-03-2006, 10:52 PM
War, gonna have to give up Kwame or Mihm to get Garnett, along with Bynum...and with any luck, George. :)

I'd give up Kwame first, even though he's younger.

I'd give up Devean George as well, but I'm not sure about Bynum, although he may not be the wonder child some people make him out to be.

POJO_Risin
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM
I do agree with you...Brett...about Ming...forgot about him...

he's been damn good since the injury...

Romeo Delight
04-08-2006, 02:20 PM
MVP?

This game is a microcosm of why Nash is better for his team.

I don't buy the argument that Nash has better players to play with.

I like their team better than LA, but how many of these players are new.

Nash for MVP

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260407021

PHOENIX (AP) -- Kobe Bryant can score all the points he wants as far as the Phoenix Suns are concerned, as long as they come away with the victory.

Bryant's 51 points weren't enough to keep the Suns from beating the Los Angeles Lakers for the seventh time in a row, 107-96, on Friday night in a matchup of potential first-round playoff opponents.

Steve Nash had 25 points and eight assists but was on the bench when the Suns pulled away with an 18-4 run to start the fourth quarter after Los Angeles had closed to within one.

The Suns pulled six games ahead of the second-place Los Angeles Clippers in the Pacific Division with seven to play. The Lakers, meanwhile, dropped into a tie with Sacramento for the No. 7 spot in the Western Conference.

Bryant, who made 19-of-33 shots, broke the U.S. Airways Center record of 50 held by Amare Stoudemire and Cliff Robinson. The former America West Arena opened in 1992.

"You feel like if he's taking all those shots, the other guys aren't really scoring," Nash said. "We don't feel like if he has a huge night, that we can't win, that's for sure."

Only two players have scored more against the Suns -- Wilt Chamberlain with 66 for the Lakers on Feb. 9, 1969, and Michael Jordan with 53 for Chicago on Jan. 21, 1989.

"Oh yeah?" Bryant said. "That's pretty good company -- excellent company."

Raja Bell, the Suns' best perimeter defender, is obviously no friend of Bryant. The two didn't shake hands before the game and never acknowledge each other, let alone speak.

"If I can keep him preoccupied with trying to beat me 1-on-1, then there are four other guys out there who aren't getting shots," Bell said. "That plays into our hands because we're going to get points. So if he gets 50 and the rest of the guys don't get enough to beat us, I did my job."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Bryant was motivated after a lackluster game against Bell the last time in Phoenix.

"At some level, it's remarkable," Jackson said of Bryant's 93 points on consecutive nights. "At another level, it limits us, it hackles us a little bit because other players don't get in the flow, and they didn't get in the flow tonight."

POJO_Risin
04-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Bryant was motivated after a lackluster game against Bell the last time in Phoenix.

"At some level, it's remarkable," Jackson said of Bryant's 93 points on consecutive nights. "At another level, it limits us, it hackles us a little bit because other players don't get in the flow, and they didn't get in the flow tonight." [/B]

Kind of a little dig?

POJO_Risin
04-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Cavs win a big one today against the Nets...and they were down most of the game...the Cavs that is...

big comeback at the end...not big...but a comeback...

Good performances around...

Romeo Delight
04-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Not to mention The Nets had put on quite a run up until today.

Romeo Delight
04-09-2006, 02:00 AM
Love how Lebron gave Vince "the look".

Get that shit outta here pretender...

Of course, Vince fucked up when it mattered most, missing a free throw and launching an air-ball.

Switch84
04-10-2006, 11:15 AM
The Lakers beat the Pistons this season, oh and Cleveland, Miami, and the Knicks twice.

You still don't know shit about the sport, it's sad you continue to comment. When you will you be off the Piston bandwagon, I doubt you were cheering when they were a last place team a few years back.

Yeah the East is real strong, that's why they have one title other than the Bulls in the last 15 years.

:rolleyes: :p Christ, are you still on that "women shouldn't concern themselves with sports" schtick? You and Red must be drinking the same brand of Kool-aid.

Since you know nothing about anyone's team fanship, you should zip the lip. Hell, you probably couldn't find Michigan on the map, baby. No, I'm not a numbers-crunching dweeb for sports. I do enough of that shit at work and it's boring as FUCK! I love the games, PERIOD! He shoots, he SCORES! He who has the most points at the end of the game WINS! It's not that difficult. It's ENTERTAINMENT! I love the poetry of SHEED sinking a three. I am awed by how Kobe racked up 81 points and I'm no Lakers fan. Some feats of athletic prowess you have to recognize whether you're a fan of that player or not. Is that too difficult for the few Neanderthal women-haters here to understand? It's time to pull your asses out of the Dark Ages and be secure enough in your manhood to not be intimidated by letting the Grrls into the treehouse.

seenbad
04-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Switch, if you would like to be taken seriously, don't speak like an idiot. It's simple, and it's not a male/female thing. You spout off like a know-it-all but really you're just a silly bitch with an opinion made from guess work and hear-say. You lost me when you mentioned whoever not being able to hang with the knicks. lol. That's fucking hilarious. The knicks are the worst team in basketball. Period. There is no other discussion.

Thanks for playing.

Guitar Shark
04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
The knicks are the worst team in basketball. Period. There is no other discussion.

Even worse than Portland? lol

The Knicks are terrible. I have serious doubts whether Larry Brown will be back next season. My prediction is that he'll bow out and blame it on "family" or "health" reasons.

seenbad
04-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I knew Portland would come up.

Ok, second worst in the league. Tought to compete in the NBA when you don't have a 4 or 5 spot worth a shit (or a true 3).

Switch84
04-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Switch, if you would like to be taken seriously, don't speak like an idiot. It's simple, and it's not a male/female thing. You spout off like a know-it-all but really you're just a silly bitch with an opinion made from guess work and hear-say. You lost me when you mentioned whoever not being able to hang with the knicks. lol. That's fucking hilarious. The knicks are the worst team in basketball. Period. There is no other discussion.

Thanks for playing.

:rolleyes: :p Is English your second language? I'm SERIOUS! The Knicks comment was SARCASM, baby! These gazillion posts by the stalkers that follow my every post always makes it a mission to quip "women are stupid about sports" or "you're a bitch/cunt/whore/whatever" instead of responding with a constructive opinion using your BRAIN. You would fail miserably in a Debate Face-off, because you resort to idiotic, grade school insults instead of intelligence. Not a person here knows everything about anything, including YOU! I know what I like and I won't hesitate to speak on it.

I honestly don't know why a few of the fellas here get off on trying to tear someone down. You must be intimidated by women that venture outside of the 'barefoot and pregnant' subservient role we're 'supposed' to abide by. The team sites I surf and discuss sports with fellow fans are not like you and your ilk at all! They're receptive to anyone that loves the games and it's not about an ego trip.

You, (just like everybody else) are an anonymous person posting on a message board with people that share your interests. That could be a pleasant experience or it could be a nuisance, depending on your point of view and where your mindset is. I prefer it to be a pleasant experience.

seenbad
04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Blah blah blah. Whatever. Don't post like an idiot and you'll be taken seriously. Your words are what they are and they represent your little peanut for a brain.

Go Knicks!! :)

Romeo Delight
04-11-2006, 03:24 AM
Lebron. Again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260410003

Brett
04-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Seen, Switch knows so little about the NBA, it isn't even worth discussing with her. I just let her ramble on, there's no point debating with an unarmed mind.

Check out her other retarded thread carrying on about a fucking run-of-the-mill defensive back retiring. It's just not worth responding to.

She has a huge chip on her shoulder that her being a woman has something to do with why she's not taken seriously about sports....maybe it's that her comments are just fucking dumb, no matter her gender.

Brett
04-12-2006, 12:42 AM
:rolleyes: :p Christ, are you still on that "women shouldn't concern themselves with sports" schtick? You and Red must be drinking the same brand of Kool-aid.

Only one bringing up gender here is you you ditz. I don't give a shit what you are, you're fucking stupid when it comes to discussions of the NBA, man, woman, child, alien, Martian....fucking dumb.

Brett
04-12-2006, 12:44 AM
: I am awed by how Kobe racked up 81 points and I'm no Lakers fan.

Wow what a real fan you are....LOL....the guy scores the second most points in one game in the history of the NBA and that awes you. Like you need to be a Laker fan to appreciate something like that.

POJO_Risin
04-12-2006, 07:10 PM
vvvvb0oknmibvc

We'll call that Lil' Pojoette's first post...and leave it at that...

comments...forthcoming...

Guitar Shark
04-12-2006, 07:14 PM
If you're saying what I think you're saying... congrats dude!!

POJO_Risin
04-12-2006, 07:23 PM
lmfao bro...

not quite...

Lil' Pojoette isn't a newbie...but it's the first time she has actual words posted on this board...and with her foot no less...

lmfao...

and it's better than my posts already....;)

POJO_Risin
04-12-2006, 10:37 PM
LeBron goes down...

ankle injury...

fuck...

Romeo Delight
04-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Its not season ending though, is it?

Just a precaution...

POJO_Risin
04-12-2006, 10:53 PM
It's day to day...but coming off of Z's injury...and Hughes just coming back...

it's problematic to say the least...

They should bench him though...having the 4th seed wrapped up...

POJO_Risin
04-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Any time you lose a guy like LeBron this close to the playoffs...it can't be a good thing...

of course...if Flip Murray and fucking Hughes get a chance to get the groove with him gone...well...

it could be a good thing...IF...Lebron's injury is truly a day to day injury..

twonabomber
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
at least they weren't still fighting for a spot. let 'Bron sit. he's played more minutes/game than Mike Brown wanted him to anyways.

Romeo Delight
04-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I want to see what Lebron can do in playoffs.

I don't know what has got into him these last few weeks, but I can't wait for playoffs.

Since when has the East been this much fun.

The Nets, Pistons, Heat, Cleveland!

Shaq looked damned impressive himself the other night. I doubt Walker can do anything without alot of touches, the pouting fool.
How can you give him much of anything with Wade playing out of his mind?

When Wade is in there, not much left for Walker. If only he didn't tune out, they could win the East.

Brett
04-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Lebron will be OK, you guys don't need to worry. Let him rest the next week, he'll be ready for the playoffs.

I held my breath last night, Kobe went down in a heap after landing awkwardly when he was fouled, but he played through it. But man, my heart sank when he was laying there.

Switch84
04-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Lebron will be OK, you guys don't need to worry. Let him rest the next week, he'll be ready for the playoffs.

I held my breath last night, Kobe went down in a heap after landing awkwardly when he was fouled, but he played through it. But man, my heart sank when he was laying there.

:p Wow, Brett! I'm impressed that you're in touch with your feminine side! This sounds like something my sisters, Mom, aunts and friends would say after watching one of their kids skin their knees playing or something! You ARE capable of emotions outside of misguided anger and hatred. I'm not being facetious. I'm not at all intimidated or dismayed about your obvious biases, either.

You amuse me, especially with your selective amnesia. There's numerous threads at DDLR alone that contains your posts of anti-female sports fans. For some odd reason you and your ilk feel you own the games when you don't. You feel you have to prove something instead of just being entertained, which you don't! Your need to have someone co-sign your ugliness is even more telling and hilarious, i.e you constantly try to 'recruit' more haters to validate you.

Back to the subject at hand....I'm curious about playoffs longshots!

Question for the stats geeks and numbers crunchers; How many times has an 8th spot playoff team went all the way and won the Championship and when was the last? I went to the Bulls-Hawks game last night and Chi-town squeaked into the last playoff spot, so I'm interested in picking your brains to see what you think their chances are for getting the 'Golden Grrl'. I'm down for Detroit and think the Bulls are just delaying the inevitible, lol! Come ON, I'm asking you to 'flex' your geek knowledge, so GO TO IT, CHOP CHOP!

Thanks for the info!

FYI: Sporting events (especially the Hawks and Thrashers) in the ATL are CHEAP, so it's easy to see alot of games. I saw my Pistons twice, the Cavs, Lakers (hangin' with my Lakers-lovin' bro), Timberwolves and now the Bulls. I saw my Red Wings lose one to the Thrashers (pooh). Most of you in big market cities (LA, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Philly etc) probably have to pay way more than I did. The tickets my co-worker got for the Bulls-Hawks games were FIFTEEN DOLLARS and we were on the second level (just above the bowl)!

Switch84
04-13-2006, 12:28 PM
:cool: I'm listening to "The Herd" and Colin is waxing poetic about what Kobe's legacy will be (in the text books, sports journals, whatever) 10 years from now if he hasn't won another championship, but several scoring titles and it's quite interesting!

The callers' comments are what's cracking me up! Brian from San Diego, just called in to say "Kobe's legacy will be how he raped a white girl in a hotel and got away with it!" Another dude went on to say how Kobe commiting adultry will be his legacy! What the FUCK? Colin beasted on his ass, saying 'If you're looking for an NBA 'hero' that didn't cheat on his wife, YOU WON'T HAVE ANY!'

:rolleyes: Je-sus CH-RIST, and you message board hater-spammers talk shit about MY comments being so-called dumb? These were DUDES, your fellow numbnut compadres spewing this bullshit.

Un fuckin' BELIEVEABLE!!!

:bananna: :lol: :lol:

Brett
04-13-2006, 01:59 PM
[B]:p Wow, Brett! I'm impressed that you're in touch with your feminine side! This sounds like something my sisters, Mom, aunts and friends would say after watching one of their kids skin their knees playing or something! You ARE capable of emotions outside of misguided anger and hatred. I'm not being facetious. I'm not at all intimidated or dismayed about your obvious biases, either.

Well as long as you're impressed that's all that matters.

You amuse me, especially with your selective amnesia. There's numerous threads at DDLR alone that contains your posts of anti-female sports fans. For some odd reason you and your ilk feel you own the games when you don't. You feel you have to prove something instead of just being entertained, which you don't! Your need to have someone co-sign your ugliness is even more telling and hilarious, i.e you constantly try to 'recruit' more haters to validate you.

Where exactly did I deny saying that? Most women are fucking idiots about sports, and you certainly don't help to dispell that stereotype. What you choose to ignore is that you seem to get into these lame ass pissfests with every guy who dares to question your stupid or factually erroneous comments. The only person here with a gender chip on their shoulder is you.

Question for the stats geeks and numbers crunchers; How many times has an 8th spot playoff team went all the way and won the Championship and when was the last?

The answer is never. The only 8 seed to get to the Finals was the Knicks in '99 and they lost. And the NBA only went to a 16-team playoff format in 1985, there were no 8 seeds before then.

Brett
04-13-2006, 02:00 PM
[B :rolleyes: Je-sus CH-RIST, and you message board hater-spammers talk shit about MY comments being so-called dumb? These were DUDES, your fellow numbnut compadres spewing this bullshit.

Un fuckin' BELIEVEABLE!!!

:bananna: :lol: :lol: [/B]

So what's your point? They're fucking imbeciles too.

Switch84
04-14-2006, 12:17 AM
So what's your point? They're fucking imbeciles too.

:D LMAO, my point is that regardless of how much one brags about knowing it all, YOU DON'T! Do you really think Kobe's legacy will be affected by his moral shortcomings? Are you perfect? NO! Is anybody? I asked a question and you responded with bullshit. You're the Kobe fan, so I asked a Kobe expert.

Personally, I feel people's moral shortcomings are to be dealt with between them and their god, noone else. Did you judge Kobe? Did you burn his jersey in effigy? What do you think his legacy will be if he can't win without Shaq (another discussion point Colin borught up today)? Are you capable of answering these questions without your usual spewing?

Thank you, thankyuhvurrymuch!

Joe Mannix
04-14-2006, 01:04 AM
:D LMAO, my point is that regardless of how much one brags about knowing it all, YOU DON'T! Do you really think Kobe's legacy will be affected by his moral shortcomings? Are you perfect? NO! Is anybody? I asked a question and you responded with bullshit. You're the Kobe fan, so I asked a Kobe expert.

Personally, I feel people's moral shortcomings are to be dealt with between them and their god, noone else. Did you judge Kobe? Did you burn his jersey in effigy? What do you think his legacy will be if he can't win without Shaq (another discussion point Colin borught up today)? Are you capable of answering these questions without your usual spewing?

Thank you, thankyuhvurrymuch! Tell me your avatar isnt you, gross!

Joe Mannix
04-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Most women are fucking idiots about sports, and you certainly don't help to dispell that stereotype.

What you choose to ignore is that you seem to get into these lame ass pissfests with every guy who dares to question your stupid or factually erroneous comments. The only person here with a gender chip on their shoulder is you.

The Man has built a case here? huh! LOL

Brett
04-14-2006, 01:35 AM
:D LMAO, my point is that regardless of how much one brags about knowing it all, YOU DON'T!

I don't know it all, but I've forgotten more about the NBA than you'll ever know...that much I know is fact.

As far as Kobe, I really don't care about anyone's opinion about the guy as a person. As long as the Lakers win, that's what I care about. Let people who have nothing better to do than to judge others worry about his morality. I simply don't give a fuck.

Romeo Delight
04-14-2006, 03:12 AM
Kobe is a fucking machine, cold-blooded killer.

Can't believe how he can shoot this year.

Ridiculous

POJO_Risin
04-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Warham pointed out This Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060414) on ESPN chronicling who should be the MVP...

and there is a good case made...

Anyone who saw the game a Sunday or 2 ago..saw Billups eat alive Steve Nash...

and I DID think that it said a lot about Billups...and not a bunch about Nash...although I said something completely different to War...

There is a GOOD case in the Kobe camp that he should be the MVP...

we shall see though...

POJO_Risin
04-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Besides...it makes LeBron look like a killer...

and allows everyone to take a REAL look at the Cavs as a team...

POJO_Risin
04-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Here's a great quote from the article...that has Lebron at #2...

There's a perfect example that Hollinger wrote about on Sunday, but screw it, I'm retelling the story. On Saturday afternoon, I TiVo'ed the Nets-Cavs game because the Nets had won 14 straight and officially reached "record all our games" territory. LeBron completely took over the game in the fourth, capped off by one of the most startling plays I have ever seen: Trailing in the final two minutes, LeBron seized some open space in transition and pulled the Runaway Freight Train move, careening toward the basket as one Net reached in and hacked him, followed by another Net on the other side reaching in and fouling him, and then a third guy just to make sure he wouldn't score. LeBron was cradling the ball, taking two giant steps toward the basket and absorbing those karate chops. BOOM-BOOM-BOOM. Any normal human being would have either lost the ball or lost their balance and tumbled to the ground.

Well, LeBron kept going -- almost like a tight end bouncing off three safeties in the open field. As the last guy walloped him, LeBron jumped in the air (where did he get the strength?!?!?), regained control of the ball, hung in the air, hung in the air for another split-second, gathered the ball (at this point, he was drifting under the right side of the rim), and finally unleashed a righty layup that banked in. The shot was so BLEEPING INCREDIBLE, the referee practically jumped in delight as he called the continuation foul. The Nets were done after that. He ripped their hearts out, MJ-style. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it.

And he's 21. Even more unbelievable.

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 12:28 AM
I saw that play, and the rest of the game.

What is amazing about Lebron that you cannot say about any other player, is that he is physically, a world away from everyone else.

Reminds you of MJ in an era when that shouldn't be possible, but somehow it is.

Brett
04-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Yeah that's what makes Kobe's game more amazing, is that he is not physically imposing. He's just better than everyone else.

It was an interesting read, and an interesting take on Kobe's season...nice to see someone in his corner in the media.

It is a good point because 10 years from now people will still talk about the night Kobe scored 81 points.

BTW, he became the Lakers single-season scoring leader tonight, which is impressive when you think of the players that have played for the Lakers....Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Worthy, Magic, blah blah blah.

However, with all that said, Lebron is an amazing player and will get an MVP at some point, he's too good not to. I just think Kobe's had the far more memorable season, and the Lakers are playing well.

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 01:51 AM
...and he's not a Kobe fan...

No doubt impressive...but of course...all those guys you listed...had a bit more help than Kobe does...

seems like this Garnett thing won't go away...

Garnett makes them immediate contenders...IF...they are able to grab some cheap GOOD free agents...

cuz you'd have to imagine that a deal that gets Garnett will rape them a bit at big man...and their bench...just to get #'s that match...

I just can't imagine Minnesota dealing Garnett though...

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 01:55 AM
And Brett...looking at the difference between Kobe and Lebron...

Kobe doesn't have to be physically imposing...as you said...because of his outside game...

Lebron's outside game isn't there yet...although better than most realize if you look at his 3 stats and %...but still...you lay off Lebron...

so...IMO...offensively...either one...Kobe or James isn't that far ahead of the other...

What Kobe can do on the outside...Lebron more than makes up for with his post up game...

but there IS a difference on the defensive end...although that will improve with time as well...

Lebron will win an MVP sooner than later if he stays healthy...

the question is...will he win a title...

and I agree with the Z piece in that...he's a good big man...but doesn't fit the picture that I think the Cavs have in a big man...they need someone much more versatile...and able to move up and down the court without looking like he's giving birth with every step...

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Yeah that's what makes Kobe's game more amazing, is that he is not physically imposing. He's just better than everyone else.

Maybe, but he doesn't play well in a team environment, which is everything.

You could say, Well, Flamma, who does he have?

Look at what Nash has done with virtually an entire new team. Tell me that isn't miraculous. Face it, Nash has his weaknesses, but he wins and makes teamates look better than they are.

Kobe makes others look ordinary, not because he is so talented, but because his ego won't allow him to share.

You need some of that, which thankfully Lebron is showing more of down the stretch, but Kobe needs to make others better.

I dunno, MVP? Such vague criteria. Kobe, most talent, but he won't win another championship even if he averages 40 a night.

Brett
04-15-2006, 02:04 AM
The Suns aren't playing that well actually, and they certainly are not better than last year. And Shawn Marion has had a career year.

The Lakers have had a FAR better year than the Suns have had, when you compare where the Lakers were this year and last. And the fact that players like Lamar Odom are going for triple doubles nightly now, Kwame Brown actually looks like a legitimate player inside do show that Kobe's influence is rubbing off. And if you want to deny that, then I just think you're unwilling to admit the obvious. He is making them better and making the Lakers better. Don't tell me Phoenix is excited about playing the Lakers in the first round...they're not.

Kobe can win another title here, and the Lakers are a star away from contending, so you're wrong on that end. They're not as far as off as people think, and they're peaking right now.

And Lebron is not even close to Kobe on defense, and I'm sorry, Kobe commits to 48 minutes on both ends, there is not ANOTHER player in the league that can score 50 and then go and guard the other team's best player. Kobe does that almost nightly.

Kobe can score from ANYWHERE on the court, Lebron cannot yet. Kobe can post up, and a large part of his game is posting up small guards and taking them baseline...come on now.

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 02:08 AM
I don't agree with all your saying...

my guess...is Brett's about to post something about how Kobe DOES make players around him better...

and it's truthfully...somewhere in the middle of what both of you are saying...

Kobe does win an awful lot of games on his own...and IMO, that's a good and a bad thing. Thing is, right now...minus Odom...they have nothing worth a damn on that team TO pass too...so you can't blame him for that.

Nash certainly makes that team a playoff team...and moreso...makes them a contender for the title...

but he did look like a bitch against Detroit...and someone just held him SCORELESS in a game...

I think Nash will win it...he's the trendy pick...and whenever a white guy rolls a team up...you get noticed...a bit more...

I'm still now 100% sure which one of 4 or 5 players I'm going to pick...

I think Kobe wins them 25...

I think Lebron wins THEM 25...

how many does Nash win them?

hard to say...Amare's out...but you could make a case that Shawn Marion, in taking over for Amare...has just as much right to the award...

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I would give the Zen-master some credit for Brown's effort as well as Odom, who I have actually liked as a player, although he has underachieved.

I think their success is in spite of Kobe.

You are right about his defensive prowess...most impressive.

Marion would not have his numbers without Nash, c'mon that is just obvious.

I guarantee you Odom would be having a career year if he was playing with Nash.

No way LA beats Phoenix.

Brett
04-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I think Nash was the trendy pick last year, frankly I think he was a better player last year, despite the fact his scoring is up this season, obviously because of Stoudemire's absence. His assists are down.

I also don't think the defensive thing is an issue for the MVP, because Nash is a non-existent defender, so I don't think that aspect will hurt Lebron.

Brett
04-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Marion was an All-Star before Nash came to Phoenix, was he not?

I didn't say the Lakers will beat Phoenix, I said Phoenix is not excited to play a Laker team with Kobe playing well, especially when they're not.

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Brett, you don't think Phoenix being the No 2 seed in the West with a completely new team is not an outstanding achievement?

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm exiting from this conversation...

don't want or need to go into a Lebron vs. Kobe battle again...

especially when there's understatin' goin' on...

there's no way Lebron wins it this year...

IMO, it's between Kobe, Nash and Nowitzki anyways...

say what you want about Lebron's D...but you take him off the Cavs roster...and you lose 25 wins...

and the Lakers wouldn't lose that much more...

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 02:19 AM
I agree Phoenix has a bit of a new team...

but Marion having a career year probably has more to do with opportunity than anything else. I'm not saying Nash doesn't have anything to do with it...he DOES...

and Raja Bell added to the team actually made them better...where as Quentin Richardson was a scorer...Bell has proved to be a scorer and their best defender...

IMO...Nash makes them a great team...but they'd be a playoff team with another decent point guard there...

IMO...

Nash shouldn't have won last year...or this year...

Last year Shaq IMO...this year Kobe...

Brett
04-15-2006, 02:20 AM
Brett, you don't think Phoenix being the No 2 seed in the West with a completely new team is not an outstanding achievement?

Well they're not the second best team in the West, the Mavs are. I mean are you going to argue the Denver Nuggets are the third best team in the West, because they won that shitty division, when the 6-seed Clippers have a better record, and the 7-seed Lakers may well too? The seeding thing is useless.

I think Phoenix has had a good season, I'm not marvelling in disbelief, they have a lot of good players. They're also starting to run out of gas the last month, so we'll see.

Brett
04-15-2006, 02:21 AM
I don't think it really makes a difference, the NBA Finals are going to be the Pistons and the Spurs again anyway. :)

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Is anyone really marveling in disbelief about the Suns?

I seem to recall all the moves they made making them a legit contender...maybe a #1 seed...

and they lost Amare...

and they drop down the list a bit...about to where they should be...

I don't see this season as vastly different from last season...just without Amare...I know that's a big without...

but still...Phoenix has some players...

POJO_Risin
04-15-2006, 02:26 AM
I don't see anyone beating the Pistons...although they have looked mortal recently...and there are a couple of teams that could give them some issues if they play up to snuff...

I can't say anyone other than the Spurs...because truthfully...there haven't been many West teams that have proven to be able to beat them...

I'm not convinced about the Mavs...we'll see if their D holds up...

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Is anyone really marveling in disbelief about the Suns?

I seem to remember all of the talk at the beginning of the season was that it would be a feat to be in a position to make the playoffs once Amare got back.

So obviously they have overachieved.

Warham
04-15-2006, 02:24 PM
The Mamba was SICK last night.

Without KoBe, the Lakers would have won about 15 games this year.

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 02:27 PM
He seemed to enjoy beating up on the hopeless Blazers a little too much, although it was fun to watch.

Warham
04-15-2006, 02:45 PM
It was too close a score to call it 'beating up' on somebody.

It's a professional sport, not an amateur event. There's no mercy rule in the NBA, so if those guys on Portland didn't want KoBe to score 50, they should have sent five guys after him.

Romeo Delight
04-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I
It's a professional sport, not an amateur event.

Thanx for the tip:rolleyes:

I'm just saying that the after the basket histronics were a bit much, given the competition, even if this is the NBA.

Having said that, it was great to watch.

Brett
04-16-2006, 03:11 AM
He seemed to enjoy beating up on the hopeless Blazers a little too much, although it was fun to watch.

It was a close game until the last five minutes, he had to be in there.

Of course he beat up on those hopeless Dallas Mavericks too by outscoring them through three quarters by himself. :)

Romeo Delight
04-16-2006, 12:50 PM
No way this happens:

Terry Porter rounding up investors to buy Blazers
Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Former Portland Trail Blazers guard Terry Porter says he is rounding up potential investors interested in buying the Blazers and the Rose Garden arena.

Owner Paul Allen told The Oregonian in Los Angeles on Friday night that he has come to terms with selling the troubled team, which has the worst record this season in the NBA and which, he says, has been costing him millions of dollars to keep afloat.

He said he planned to attend Portland's home game against Golden state Saturday night, and "that could be my last home game as Blazers owner.

"I've come to terms with it."

Allen, a co-founder of Microsoft and one of the world's richest men, has lobbied for public funding for the team but hasn't found it in a city and state that are strapped for cash.

He said there are several scenarios that might unfold, and that he doesn't know yet how it will turn out.

He said any decision probably would be before the June 28 draft. He deflected questions on what the asking price might be.

Porter, who is one of the more popular players in franchise history, played for Portland 10 years beginning in 1985 and later coached the Milwaukee Bucks for two years. They fired him at the end of last season. He also was an assistant coach for a season for the Sacramento Kings.

Porter still holds some Portland franchise records. His time with the Blazers included the 1990 and 1992 seasons, when the team got to the NBA Finals. They won their only championship in 1976-77.

He said he will be in Portland soon to meet with wealthy prospects. Some of the richer Oregonians, including Nike Chairman Phil Knight, already have said they want no part of it.

He said his group already has $100 million in debt financing lined up but would not say how much they hope to raise, or from whom.

Porter said he also will approach other former Blazers.

Paul Swangard, director of the Warsaw Sports Marketing Center at the University of Oregon, said the problem is a relatively small pool of very rich prospects in the Portland area, a pool that gets smaller when those who don't much care about NBA basketball are winnowed out.

"There's probably money. There's just a question of whether the money's there for basketball," he said.

NBA Commissioner David Stern has said the franchise and the Rose Garden are worth at least $300 million.

Andy Brimmer, a spokesman for Allen's privately held investment company, Vulcan Capital, said the group is "open to any reasonable option that would fix the broken economic model."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2410098

POJO_Risin
04-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Who knows...I'm sure that Porter is looking at it out of the perspective that he gathers the money together...and is the vocal leader of the team...not the $$$ guy...

it's not far-fetched...

I'm surprised that Jordan hasn't gotten in the mix...being that he wants to own a team.

He may be a player if Portland leaves though...

POJO_Risin
04-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Bulls lock up a spot today...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Lebron is about to make his NBA playoff debut...

should be a fun series...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Hughes is all over Arenas early...

Lebron's first bucket...a man size move to the whole...

Hughes looks off so far on the offensive side of the floor...missed a couple layups...and open jumpers...

and not looking to pass...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Lebron with a spot up 3...follows up with a MAN rebound...takes the ball all the way down the court...fouled...and 1...then fouled again...

Lebron on an 8-0 run...taking a tie game...to a 26-18 lead...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Lebron again...guarded by Jamison...blows by him...fouled underneath again...

hits the first foul shot...misses the 2nd...but throws a crap shot...

9-0 run for Lebron...and the Cavs have the ball again...

Donyell Marshall with a 3...

it's clicking right now for Cleveland...

Eric Snow is 3-3...and Donyell hitting 3's...this could be over early...

Romeo Delight
04-22-2006, 03:52 PM
POJO is looking like a genius right now.

Watching Lebron do everything...

Dish, penetrate, create. Passing so timely and accurate.

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Donyell playing well...

if...

Larry Hughes finds his game...

and he's getting open looks...moving well...and playing good D right now...

but if he finds his game...Cavs will sweep the series...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 04:01 PM
The talked early about James pressing...

I'm surprised they haven't talked early about Hughes possibly pressing...coming off the injury...and playing against Washington...his former team...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Jesus...Eric Snow is a fucking machine...driving layup...4-4...

and on the foul line to complete a 3 point play...4-4...9 points...

Unchainme
04-22-2006, 05:46 PM
M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P
Lebron is the MVP bottomline, No other player has carried his team like him except maybe Kobe. Fuck Nash, Billups.

guwapo_rocker
04-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Fuck Nash,

Who are you again??

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Lebron with a triple double today...32 pts...10 boards and 11 assists...

God...Mark Jackson is just painful...horribly painful to listen too...

Unchainme
04-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Who are you again??

Unchainme, 2005 Attention Whore Of The Year at your Services.

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 05:52 PM
You know...if you look at the Lakers and the Cavs...

it really looks like their timelines are similar......

if they played each other in a finals...it would be the biggest and best thing in the NBA since Michael and Magic...and Bird and Magic...

and there'd be something at stake for the winner...

Unchainme
04-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Lebron with a triple double today...32 pts...10 boards and 11 assists...

God...Mark Jackson is just painful...horribly painful to listen too...

Agreed, Who the fuck is this guy anyway, Why'd they give him a job?

Unchainme
04-22-2006, 05:57 PM
You know...if you look at the Lakers and the Cavs...

it really looks like their timelines are similar......

if they played each other in a finals...it would be the biggest and best thing in the NBA since Michael and Magic...and Bird and Magic...

and there'd be something at stake for the winner...

That would kick ass Bro!
Would bring people back to the NBA quicker than Pistons-Spurs matchup, Those are always snore-fests to me.

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
They gave him the job because he doesn't give a shit what other people think of what he says...because nobody liked him in the first place...

the Kobe/Lebron matchup won't happen this year...next...or the year after...you never know...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 07:12 PM
San Antonio is flat out hammering the Kings...

up 30 early in the third quarter...

the march to a repeat?

and Tony Parker is leading the charge...the only player right now in double figures for the Spurs...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 07:13 PM
scratch that...Nick Van Exel has 11...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 09:47 PM
The Spurs win by a paltry 34....wow...

and the Heat in a dogfight with the Bulls...

Shaq came to play...with 19 points...and 10 boards halfway through the third...

and dominating the middle...

Heat up 7...80-73...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
What a game...

Chicago goes on a 9-0 run at the start of the fourth quarter to take a 4 point lead...91-87...

and then Miami follows with a 6-0 run of their own...to retake the lead at 93-91...

7 minutes left...Bulls timeout...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Ben Gordan with 33 points...

Nocioni with 13 and 13...

Hinrich with 14 and 7 assists...

Wade with 22, and Shaq with 21 for the Heat...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Shaq goes on a run...but Duhan and Hinrich hit 3's...Miami still by 2...99-97...3 minutes left...Miami ball...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Miami on another run...

another 3...by Nocioni...brings it to a 2 point lead again for the heat...

Shaq with 1 of 2 from the foul line...Miami up 105-102...Gordon with 2 foul shots...

105-104...Miami...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Wade with 2 foul shots...

107-104...

under a minute left...misses on both sides...Heat with the ball...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Williams and Wade both miss shots...

Bulls ball...and another timeout...

a 3 ties...18.2 seconds left...

POJO_Risin
04-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Nocioni misses a 3...Wade with the rebound...fouled...Makes both shots...Heat up 5...this one is over...

Romeo Delight
04-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Fucking Clippers up by eight in the fourth and blow it!

Trying for threes????

Just get a basket for fuck sakes and this thing is over.

Stupid. Give it to Brand

Romeo Delight
04-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Brand helps out and blocks Anthony's drive.

Carmello was fouled by other defender though.

Clips up by 2

Romeo Delight
04-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Anthony is cold.

They should give it to Martin.

Romeo Delight
04-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Told you.

airball. not even close.

They still have 4 seconds.

So stupid. Carmello missed by 2 feet

Romeo Delight
04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Yeah, Anthony again.

miss. Boykins was wide open

Romeo Delight
04-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Looks like Nash outduels Kobe.

Nice game by Odom and Thomas.

Brett
04-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Just shows you, the role players can play unbelievably, but Kobe needs to score 30+ for the Lakers to win. I was totally happy with the effort, they had chances to win, just didn't finish it.

Would have been nice to get that obvious foul call at the end. I'm not saying that cost the Lakers the game, but shit we need every call we can get against this team, and it seemed pretty obvious Kobe got hit in the face.

Kobe didn't have one of his better games, I'm sure he'll bounce back, and I still think the Lakers can steal one in Phoenix. I hope the others guys continue to play that well.

POJO_Risin
04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Gotta give some props to Raja Bell...in Kobe's face most of the game...and getting a lot of help...

good to see a team realize that if you put emphasis on Kobe...the others can't beat you...

great game though...

the Lakers aren't far at all...

POJO_Risin
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Pacers upset the Nets...in what I don't see as an upset...

Indiana has some skill...could prove a wrench in the Nets resugence...and they made Vince look like a bitch...without Artest in his face...

interesting...

POJO_Risin
04-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Detroit makes Milwaukee look like the high school team they are...

not a good game to watch at all...

Warham
04-23-2006, 10:49 PM
I have no doubts that KoBe will win another ring in his career.

POJO_Risin
04-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Shit...he could just buy one...;)

POJO_Risin
04-23-2006, 10:54 PM
...like that 4 million dollar bauble he bought off his wife with...

Warham
04-23-2006, 11:06 PM
He didn't have to buy her off.

I'm sure most girls fresh outta high school would go out with a guy making $10 million a year playing for the Lakers. :)

POJO_Risin
04-23-2006, 11:17 PM
No...the ring he bought for her the week after he got busted nailing hotel whore...

she coulda left him right them...for half...

automatic in California...

pretty smart on his part...

4 million saves him half after his new contract...;)

ALinChainz
04-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Detroit makes Milwaukee look like the high school team they are...

not a good game to watch at all...

Didn't start off too hot ... we scored the first hoop and they went on the 9-0 run ... we didnt pull away until the 3rd.

I like my routs over early.

Romeo Delight
04-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Did anyone else think Kobe looked a little tired in the Suns game?

He had to play hard the full compliment of games this year while the Suns starters got to rest.

The Suns do run the fuck out of the ball.

I think Kobe will do well next game though.

Warham
04-23-2006, 11:29 PM
No...the ring he bought for her the week after he got busted nailing hotel whore...

she coulda left him right them...for half...

automatic in California...

pretty smart on his part...

4 million saves him half after his new contract...;)

Oh, THAT ring.

:)

POJO_Risin
04-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Kobe looked tired because Phoenix swarmed all over him...

about as much shutting down as you are going to do to him...

the rest did all they could...Smush and Odom...

the Lakers looked like a team today...

just not one that's as good as the Suns...

but...one that's not far...

Warham
04-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Kobe looked tired because Phoenix swarmed all over him...

about as much shutting down as you are going to do to him...

the rest did all they could...Smush and Odom...

the Lakers looked like a team today...

just not one that's as good as the Suns...

but...one that's not far...

That's the best defense I've seen LA play all year. Actually, it's the best defense I've seen them play in about four years.

I was pretty impressed with it most of the game, besides giving up running towards the spot-up three point shooters early on.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2006, 12:11 AM
I won't disagree with that...got themselves in a bit of a hole early...nearly pulled it out though...

and certainly...that foul call would have...well...no call...would have helped...

Romeo Delight
04-24-2006, 12:13 AM
I was pissed when the Grizzlies passed on Odom and took Francis, the little puke.

I think he can be a force.

Look at his defensive plays in the last five minutes.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I think Odom is a fantastic player...

I think the perfect guy to be playing alongside Kobe...

Romeo Delight
04-24-2006, 12:15 AM
I was worried when Kobe was driving and didn't get the call.

It could have changed the game, but Nash would have adjusted, I am sure.

I think Kobe has gotten a few calls in his time

POJO_Risin
04-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Kobe gets calls...but not like you'd expect a player of his stature...

that was blatant though...I mean...it should have been called irregardless...as opposed to that shit call in the Nets game...

Brett
04-24-2006, 02:12 AM
The Lakers defense in the second and third quarters was absolutely outstanding, they were all over the shooters, and the Suns didn't hit one three. In the 4th, they just got tired and guys got open looks. That was the game. I am very happy with how the role players made shots today, although they still can't make those big 4th quarter clutch shots that good teams need to be able to do.

Kobe doesn't always get every call, that's not true. Of course he gets his share, but that hit in the face was pretty damn obvious, he had on a knot on his head, and I'm not one to cry about calls. But come on with that one.

Brett
04-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Odom is finally getting he triangle, which is great to see. I wouldn't trade him now for sure, he and Kobe are finally developing that relationship that can carry them to the next level. And Kwame Brown is doing enough inside to make teams guard him now. He needs to work on his hands and his ability to finish after he's hit. Shaq always had incredible hands and could finish when he was hit. Kwame needs to develop that.

We still need another big shooter, and a quick guard who can slow down guys like Nash, Tony Parket, etc.. Smush is a nice player, but he would be much better off the bench. He doesn't hit enough big shots and he gambles too much on D.

This offseason is going to be very important for the Lakers, they brought Phil back for $10 million, Kupchak needs to give him the right tools to win again, but they're getting closer.

Brett
04-24-2006, 02:21 AM
Last thing is Kobe needs to get off earlier, he was too passive in the first half, trying to get everyone involved. And it worked great for those other guys and their confidence, but he just never found his rhythm offensively. Defense was tight on him, but he missed a lot of shots he normally makes.

Romeo Delight
04-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Sure it looked bad afterward, but the foul on Kobe was not impossible to miss depending on the angle the refs saw it.

Don't worry, he and Jackson made enough of an issue out of it that he will get a gift or two in this series.

Romeo Delight
04-24-2006, 02:33 AM
No way Walton scores like that again.

Romeo Delight
05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=32c2857a-3f98-42ff-96e0-5005bce1eabf&k=60025

What a guy!!!

Steve Nash says it's way too early to identify which NBA players he'll have in Vancouver for his foundation's charity basketball game at GM Place on July 22, but don't expect a reunion of ex-Grizzlies for nostalgia's sake.

The Phoenix Suns point guard and two-time league MVP said he'd love to have popular Grizzlies stalwart Shareef Abdur-Rahim on hand because he had "such a huge impact in his time there."

As for other former Grizzlies -- Mike Bibby, Othella Harrington, Damon Jones, Stromile Swift, Antonio Daniels -- who are still in the league?

"That's not something we necessarily want to highlight," Nash said on a conference call Thursday to promote the game. "That's something completely secondary to what we're trying to accomplish."

The inaugural Steve Nash Foundation Charity Classic drew 17,000 in Toronto last summer and raised $300,000. Several Raptors participated -- and Nash brought along Phoenix teammates Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson to play in the free-wheeling, fun game -- but Allen Iverson and Amare Stoudemire were among the no-shows after earlier committing to the event.

"It's so far off," Nash said of the game at GM Place. "In NBA life, a week is a long way off. We're just going to count on having enough NBA players to have a game and a great one."

Singers Nelly Furtado and k-os performed at the event last year and Nash said he hopes to have "some great performers" in Vancouver.

A high school star in Victoria before going on to Santa Clara University, Nash said the money raised in Vancouver will stay in B.C. and be administered through grants from his foundation. The foundation's mandate is to help fund capital projects for youth-focused organizations that foster childhood development.

Nash's social conscience is well known. A voracious reader, he once wore an anti-war T-shirt at all-star weekend and is actively involved in directing the foundation, which is run by a childhood friend, Jenny Miller, and his sister, Joann.

"People say he's got a really good heart, but it's also an active heart in that he wants things to be put in motion," said Miller.

In fact, she is off to Asuncion, Paraguay, next week for the inauguration ceremony at a hospital for the poor of a new post-operative pediatric cardiology ward initiated and funded by Nash.

It came about after a medical student friend of his wife Alejandra, a native of Paraguay, relayed a story about the lack of incubators for ill babies. Nash's twin daughters spent some time in neonatal intensive care, so it hit close to home.

Nash says his parents' caring and generous ways growing up rubbed off on him. And he has no problem sharing some of the wealth he's accumulated from his $66-million US, six-year contract and some prudent investments.

"There's a natural interest in the world, a natural eye for inequality in the world," he says. "There's probably a lot of things that lead to feeling inclined to create a foundation and be involved in the community."

Meanwhile, Nash, who was named the ninth best point guard all-time in a poll this week by ESPN.com basketball analysts, returns to the court Friday night (7:30 p.m., Sportsnet) as the Suns and Los Angeles Clippers play Game 3 of their best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal. The series is tied 1-1.

- Nash said he's invited his former elementary and high school coaches from Victoria to coach the teams in the Charity Classic. He also said he's "extremely flattered" by talk in Victoria of erecting a statue or naming a street after him. "It's tough to come to terms with. I still feel I'm just a normal person."

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 01:46 AM
He's not the ninth best point guard of all time...that's fucking ridiculous...

you should get MVP awards because your are top 10 all time...

not get put in the top 10 because you win MVP awards...

fact is...he's winning MVP's because he's a short white dude...

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 01:48 AM
And Marion carried the team today in their win...dominated the game...

oh yeah...

wait a second...

Marion could never do it on his own...he owes it all to the short white dude...

fucking joke...

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:14 AM
And he also did his best MJ impression pushing off on that final shot.

I saw that list, pretty laughable that he's even on it.

Has their been a more overrated player than this guy the last two years? He wasn't even a Top 5 point guard when he was in Dallas.

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 02:22 AM
You get to hear how EVERY TEAM he's played on changes to HIS offense...

well...he sucked ass in Phoenix the first time around...

wasn't the main guy in Dallas, and didn't play a whole season there until his 3rd year...

then goes to Phoenix for way to much money...

and gets credit for DAntoni opening up the offense...which is what he does...

hmmm...sounds kinda like Don Nelson...doesn't it?

I'm sick of people saying how good he makes players...horseshit...

like I said...the fact that he's won back to back MVPs...AND THE ONLY OTHER POINT GUARD TO EVER DO THAT WAS MAGIC JOHNSON...is a joke...a fucking joke...

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Kobe wins it...I have no problem with that...

hell...if Nowitzki wins it...I can see that as well...he holds his team more together than Nash ever did...

Nowitzki directs his team as much as Nash...and can dominate by himself...

let's see Nash win a game without Marion right now (and spare me the fucking horseshit about Amare...if the Lakers lost Worthy...and still won...people said Magic...sure...but also said Kareem, and Scott...and...you get my point)....

Let's see how good Nash would be if Phoenix was a half court team...

utter horseshit...

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Can I get an amen?

Do you think Boris Diaw become a viable NBA player this year because of Steve Nash? Please, it's because he's able to flourish in D'Antoni's wide open style, not because Steve Nash passes him the fucking ball.

Let's put Steve Nash on the court with 4 stiffs who have no range, and can't hit the backside of a barn, and we'll see how many fucking games he wins then. As far as I can recall Tim Thomas was ALWAYS a good long range shooter, and Shawn Marion was an All-Star long before Steve Nash came to Phoenix.

And you really think Steve Nash had anything to do with the maturity and growth of Amare Stoudamire last season? Give me a break, and his incredible last year was the reason that team won 60 games, not because Steve Nash made him a better player by passing him the ball in the post. Yeah right.

I've never seen a guy get more credit for doing less than this guy. He shoots 3-9 tonight, looks slow and awful out there, but because he has 10 assists and hits the last shot, well that shows what an MVP he is. Please if those are MVP-type numbers and games, then fucking Brevin Knight is an MVP too.

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Look Kobe's never going to win it, the media hates him. End of story on that.

And that's fine with me, he was first team All-Defense this year, he won the scoring title, he will be first team All-NBA. The Lakers did have a solid growth season. So I'm not upset at all, I just wish we could have won Game 6. I had no delusions of an NBA title or even a second round win.

But Steve Nash is the not the fucking MVP of the NBA, he isn't and he never will be. And he's certainly not worthy of winning it twice, nor is he the 9th best point guard of all time. The media that covers the NBA gets dumber and dumber every year. I mean there were 5 idiots who didn't even have Kobe on their MVP ballots at all. That's nothing but personal hate.

Unchainme
05-13-2006, 02:32 AM
So I'm not the only one Who Thinks Nash Doesn't Deserve The MVP?

My Friend Said it best, If Nash should get it two times in a row, Than Stockton shouldv'e gotten it more than that.

Kobe Deserves it, Without him the lakers are pretty much down the tubes.

So does LeBron, Without him the Cavs would be nowhere near the success they are now, and Would probably be debating a move to Pittsburgh.

Nash Last time I check didn't have stats like these two, I personallly think that if Nash was not with the Suns, They would still be Playoff contender. Didn't he score only like what 13 points? in one playoff game?

WTF?

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Dirk Nowitski has grown far more as a leader and player than Steve Nash ever has. Funny how Dallas has gotten BETTER since Nash left. Jason Terry has done just fine for them.

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:34 AM
The two best players in basketball are Kobe and Lebron...end of story. The MVP should go to the best player in the league, not to a guy who flourishes in a system, who clearly isn't the best player at his position, let alone the league. And he's not even the best player on his team...when healthy, obviously Amare Stoudemire is.

And the media needs to stop being involved in the voting. They are ridiculously biased and flat out stupid.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 02:41 AM
You guys talking about how other point guards IN OTHER YEARS deserve an MVP more than Nash.

Well geniuses, the MVP is an award awarded yearly, and is not a lifetime achievement award.

These Suns, other than Marion, were cast-offs. No one though they could help their team.

How does Marion get his points today? He can't be doubled because of Nash and how he make others dangerous. Nash has been there more than Marion these playoffs so fuck that story.

Again, just because the stats aren't there, like tonight, people start this "Oh, WTF an MVP can't do that" talk.

The Suns won the fucking game precisely because Nash could care less about himself.

Yes I know a novel concept in the NBA. Again, look at the cast of characters, how they have career years.

Yeah marion needs to play well. Have you seen Brand and that trailer park dude play in this series?

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:45 AM
Who is a cast off besides Boris Diaw? And he isn't even a a cast-off. He was a highly drafted player playing in Atlanta...enough said. Barbosa was a first round draft pick, Tim Thomas was a great offensive player in Milwaukee, Amare Stoudemire was a first round pick who's obviously as superstar, Raja Bell has had been a viable NBA player for 3 or 4 years now. Who are all these cast offs? Kurt Thomas? A solid veteran power forward with NBA Finals experience?

Where are all these cast-offs you are talking about?

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 02:46 AM
The two best players in basketball are Kobe and Lebron...end of story. The MVP should go to the best player in the league, not to a guy who flourishes in a system, who clearly isn't the best player at his position, let alone the league.

Bullshit!

We aren't playing pick-up at the playground.

NBA teams have complex offensive and defensive plays. You need to be intelligent to adapt to adjustments, whatever.

Kobe for all his brilliance just rubs his teammates the wrong way. He is disliked for a reason, he is an a-hole. The best shooter in the game and can create from nothing, but not the best team player.

Sorry. MVP should go to the player demonstarting both individual dominance AND one who can orchestrate a cohesive team to fucking WIN.

Nash wins. Make excuses all you want . He fucking wins hence the two MVPs

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Are you saying the Lakers didn't have a successful season with the pieces they had? You're not going to argue that team didn't overachieve are you? They were six seconds away from knocking off the #2 seed. I'd say they had a great year considering where they were last year.

The Lakers are a team of nobodies and cast-offs, get that much right.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 02:48 AM
Tim Thomas was a busy man when the Suns picked him up...I think he was taking his kids to school and picking up the dry-cleaning...playing at the Y to keep his game.

Ya, he was in demand I tell you.

Fitting he shot so well against the Lakers

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:51 AM
Of course he shot well against the Lakers, he's a good shooter....duh. He's shooting well this series too. Yeah Steve Nash made him a good shooter by passing him the ball. Brilliant analysis.

Again, where are these cast-offs you're talking about? Where are the Smush Parkers? Where are the Luke Waltons? Where are the Kwame Browns? Let me give you a little hint...those are what we call cast-offs.

Unchainme
05-13-2006, 02:51 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_nash/index.html

Nash's Stats

PPG 18.8
RPG 4.20
APG 10.5
EFF + 24.15

King Jame's

2005-06
Statistics
PPG 31.4
RPG 7.00
APG 6.6
EFF + 29.41

Kobe's

2005-06
Statistics
PPG 35.4
RPG 5.30
APG 4.5
EFF + 27.82

I Always thought that they gave the MVP to the Best player in the league? Acoording to the Stats Nash doesn't look like it.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 02:53 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_nash/index.html

I Always thought that they gave the MVP to the Best player in the league? Acoording to the Stats Nash doesn't look like it.

Um, you forgot to include the only stat that matters

WINNING!!!!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:54 AM
So you're saying the Lakers and Cavs didn't do enough winning? You're saying that two teams that didn't make the playoffs last year, both improving by 11+ games isn't winning?

Unchainme
05-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Um, you forgot to include the only stat that matters

WINNING!!!!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Winning is good, But its for the Best PLAYER in the league, Hell if Winning mattered that much in the MVP race, Wouldn't The Detroit Pistons have had like all 5 staters in the top 5?

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Yeah Steve Nash made him a good shooter by passing him the ball. Brilliant analysis.

That's exactly right.

Have you noticed the work Nash puts in to make the shooter have the look he needs?

C'mon Brett...you know basket ball.

If the ball isn't delivered exactly right where the shooter wants it at EXACTLY the right time, it is not going in. Not a three.

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:56 AM
Yeah how about Tayshaun Prince? He scores 15 a game, actually plays defense, and his team won 64 games. Why isn't he MVP?

Brett
05-13-2006, 02:59 AM
That's exactly right.

Have you noticed the work Nash puts in to make the shooter have the look he needs?

C'mon Brett...you know basket ball.

If the ball isn't delivered exactly right where the shooter wants it at EXACTLY the right time, it is not going in. Not a three.

He drives to the basket and kicks to the 3-point line, where 4 guys are lined up. How fucking difficult is that? All guys in this league do that, they just don't all have shooters that knock the shots down, or have coaches that allow that type of strategy.

Yes I see how Nash gets to the basket. Spinniing, jumping in the air, just heaving the ball back out to the 3-point line when he's double-teamed. I've never seen a player get bailed out more on bad half-court plays than Nash. Steve Francis is a close second.

Unchainme
I could respect Prince getting it over Lebron and Kobe, Mainly because right now him and the Pistons are Extremely good, The Suns are nowhere near as good in my opinion and Nash puts up very average numbers, Just kinda feel cheated.

Romeo Delight
Winning is good, But its for the Best PLAYER in the league, Hell if Winning mattered that much in the MVP race, Wouldn't The Detroit Pistons have had like all 5 staters in the top 5?

He led the league in assists...no small feat.

So, 11 assists = 22 points

plus 18 points scored...you get the picture.

They are about even if you look at it like that.

It was a hard decision. Lebron was the MVP late in the season. Kobe had the 8th highest point total on a shitty team.

Nash still had his ALL-STAR center missing, and got the second seed and career highs for himself and others.

Nash wins:D

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:00 AM
I wonder how Kareem won the MVP award in 1976 when the Lakers were 40-42 and didn't even make the playoffs. Boy that winning thing sure hurt him didn't it?

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:03 AM
Your rationale is pointless Flamma. Magic averaged 20 and 12 (throw in 7.5 boards too) for his entire career, and the Lakers certainly did a lot of winning wouldn't you say? He didn't win the MVP every year.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 03:03 AM
I wonder how Kareem won the MVP award in 1976 when the Lakers were 40-42 and didn't even make the playoffs. Boy that winning thing sure hurt him didn't it?

What are the chances you would mention that (again):rolleyes:

The criteria has changed, thankfully for the award.

Each year is a different animal. I can't say it would be impossible today for someone on a team with a losing record to get MVP, but it would take something ridiculous.

Winning is everything, just ask Jordan.;)

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Your rationale is pointless Flamma. Magic averaged 20 and 12 (throw in 7.5 boards too) for his entire career, and the Lakers certainly did a lot of winning wouldn't you say? He didn't win the MVP every year.

See my previous post.

Unchainme
05-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Winning is everything, just ask Jordan.;)

Yes but he had respectable all-around stats and was a team leader in my eyes, I still think if you take Nash away from the Suns They're a playoff contender.

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:05 AM
What are the chances you would mention that (again):rolleyes:

The criteria has changed, thankfully for the award.

Well that's problem, we have people like you who think the NBA is better now than it was 20 years ago. Sad. There is nothing about the game that is better now.

You just hate the fact that I mention facts that easily refute your dumb arguments. If he had played for the fucking Suns or something, I still would have said it.

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:06 AM
Yes but he had respectable all-around stats and was a team leader in my eyes, I still think if you take Nash away from the Suns They're a playoff contender.

Of course. Put any half-way decent point guard on that team, and they're still a 50 win team. It's not him, it's the style of play and the players they have.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Well that's problem, we have people like you who think the NBA is better now than it was 20 years ago. Sad. There is nothing about the game that is better now.

You just hate the fact that I mention facts that easily refute your dumb arguments. If he had played for the fucking Suns or something, I still would have said it.

I don't think the league is better now.

Too many pussy fouls. Guys showing up the refs by hiding in their jerseys...throwing tantrums for the whole world to see because they don't agree on a call. They are stars and so don't get tossed. A lesser player would.

No respect for the officials. I hate it.

Thankfully, people have put soem serious thought into the MVP and qualities other than one-on-one plays in isolation are considered.

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:12 AM
Oh is that your ridiculous jab at Kobe. You knew that was coming (again). :rolleyes:

Always turn to that when you're losing an argument, it's a good defense.

Anytime a player like Steve Nash is given the MVP award in the NBA, you definitely know not to take it seriously. I think people have finally figured that out after this season. Maybe they'll revamp the awful voting system.

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Oh BTW, how'd Raja Bell do on that All-Defense thing? Oh that's right, he didn't make it...on any team. Guess the media got that one wrong right?

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 03:18 AM

Anytime a player like Steve Nash is given the MVP award in the NBA, you definitely know not to take it seriously.

You seem to.

Kobe has tantrums like a spoiled 12 year old. Seriously.

You think that is good sportmanship?

Would magic do that? No.
Worthy? No.

Explain to the refs your position and walk away.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2006, 03:20 AM
Of course. Put any half-way decent point guard on that team, and they're still a 50 win team. It's not him, it's the style of play and the players they have.

Are they?

I am not so sure.

We will never know.

Just like we will never know if the lakers could have beaten the Suns if Kobe wasn't hated so much by his own teammates.

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:22 AM
Yeah he's not a class individual like Raja Bell who clotheslines players and then has his mommy fight his battles for him. I hope she didn't hit Kobe with Raja's purse after Game 7.

Raja Bell is a punk, and obviously everyone knows his defense is obviously shit. I'd complain too.

Magic and Worthy have both thrown tantrums before, they weren't saints on the court. Don't change history.

Magic would have killed Raja Bell if he did what he did to Kobe. Michael Jordan would have done the same. Magic went after Isiah Thomas (his best friend) during the Finals after a hard foul.

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 03:23 AM
You guys talking about how other point guards IN OTHER YEARS deserve an MVP more than Nash.

Well geniuses, the MVP is an award awarded yearly, and is not a lifetime achievement award.

These Suns, other than Marion, were cast-offs. No one though they could help their team.

How does Marion get his points today? He can't be doubled because of Nash and how he make others dangerous. Nash has been there more than Marion these playoffs so fuck that story.

Again, just because the stats aren't there, like tonight, people start this "Oh, WTF an MVP can't do that" talk.

The Suns won the fucking game precisely because Nash could care less about himself.

Yes I know a novel concept in the NBA. Again, look at the cast of characters, how they have career years.

Yeah marion needs to play well. Have you seen Brand and that trailer park dude play in this series?

yeah Canada boy...I'm saying there are MORE DESERVING POINT GUARDS, WHO'S STATS AND TEAMS WERE BETTER BECAUSE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED POINT GUARDS. Yeah...guards that could also play D...could dish the ball better...and NEVER had let downs...that didn't win the award because there were BETTER PLAYERS than they were that year...in the same way that there are better players this year...

I am a genius...

Nothing I said had anything to do with A LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD you canadian moron...if you'd like...I could post several seasons by other point guards...that make Nash's wonderful season look like a high school cheerleader competition...

Now...as for your castoffs...Marion...in the seasons BEFORE Nash...averaged 19, 21 and 19 points a game...then with Nash...19 and 22...hmmmm....doesn't seem to be improving...does he...oh yeah...he was the ninth pick in the 97 draft...

Raja Bell...a defensive specialist...last year averaged 12.5 for Utah...a team that averaged 104 points a game...and didn't do much running...this year...14 and a half...and the team under DAntoni that averaged 111 points a game...yeah...some castoff...

Boris Diaw was the 21st pick in the first round...who did improve TREMENDOUSLY THIS YEAR...of course...it was the first year he started...and played 20 more minutes a game than his previous season...and oh yeah...

Barbosa...another first round pick by the Spurs...who is averaging 10 minutes more a game than last year, oh yeah...with Phoenix...yeah...he's playing more this year...and averaging 5 more a game...but if you average out what he would average over 48 minutes last year...and this year...it's only a 2 point difference...and could be attributed to more PT...more minutes...

Eddie House...3 point specialist...yeah...he improved...and is helped by Nash when Nash penetrates...

James Jones gets 6 more minutes a game...and his PPG average jumps up 4 1/2 points...seems about right...

Kurt Thomas's stats went down in both rebounding and points before he got hurt...that's probably his fault though...

Tim Thomas...the #7 pick a few years back...his stats went down as well...from the previous year...again...must have been his fault...

Your "cast off" is just plain wrong...these are all fantastic players...that are being spun as cast offs by media...and...apparently...Canadians...;)

Marion gets his points the same fucking way he ALWAYS GOT THEM...he's fucking good. And if you watched Phoenix over the years...you'd see that...

the year DAntoni took over that team...halfway through the year before Nash...the Suns went from averaging 95 pts a game...to 104 points a game...so Marion was putting up points in large chunks BEFORE the offense was a juggernaut...and the offense improved with DAntoni...BEFORE Nash...so spare me the overblown Nash bullshit...

The Suns won the game tonight...because Marion went the fuck off...as he can do...

not only that...but Marion...a forward...WAS GUARDING FUCKING SAM CASSELL...THE POINT GUARD...THAT NASH SHOULD BE GUARDING...AND MARION SHUT HIM DOWN...CASSELL SCORED 6 POINTS...

Nash can...and does...fucking disappear...no...not a lot...but he does...and did...and I can't remember...ever in my life...an MVP disappearing in a couple of games down the stretch...after being shut down by other point guards...

find me a game...any game...that Bird was shut down in an MVP year...or Magic...or Jordan...or fucking Duncan for that matter...or Hakeem...OR ANY FUCKING MVP EVER...I guarantee you I can find games where Nash didn't show up...this year...and last year...I fucking guarantee it...but let me guess...when he doesn't show up...he's being a team player...

And this...is priceless...

You are 100% right...an MVP can't do that...

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Even Shaq, the laziest of lazy fuckers went balls out every game when he won his MVP in 2000. Not one let down the whole season, which is probably why he had the year he did.

Brett
05-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Thank you for expounding on the cast-offs bullshit Poj. Flamma makes the Suns out to be a collection of NBDL players.