PDA

View Full Version : Former Slugger Belle Accused of Stalking Ex-Girlfriend

Matt White
02-17-2006, 11:26 AM
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Feb. 16) - Former baseball star Albert Belle was arrested Thursday and charged with stalking his ex-girlfriend, police said.

Scottsdale police said the 39-year-old Belle was taken into custody after a former girlfriend told officers that he had stalked her.

Belle was being held without bond at the Maricopa County Jail in Phoenix, according to a county sheriff's department spokesman.

A five-time All-Star outfielder, Belle hit 381 career home runs in a 12-year big league career that began with the Cleveland Indians in 1989. He also played for the Chicago White Sox and Baltimore before retiring in 2000 after his second season with the Orioles.

The volatile Belle often ran into trouble on and off the field during his playing days.

He was fined in 1994 for using a corked bat and suspended after instigating a brawl by elbowing an opposing player. In 1991, he threw a baseball into the chest of a fan taunting him. Years later, he tossed a ball at a photographer.

Belle, who has lived in Arizona for several years, was arrested on a DUI charge here in September 2002.

I still can't believe he only played 12 seasons.....too bad.

Bob_R
02-17-2006, 02:10 PM
I hope we don't have another OJ Simpson on our hands.

POJO_Risin
02-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Being an Indians fan...

I was a Joey...er....Albert fan for a long time...

but the guy is a head case...and one string away from OJ...no doubt about it...

that guy he hit with the ball...the first time...was a great throw by the way...a strike from 100 feet away...right to the middle of his chest...

then nailed the cameraman from about 200 feet away...

good arm...lmfao...

DlocRoth
02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Never liked that fat fuck.

Cecil Fielder wannabe. LOL

DlocRoth
02-18-2006, 01:24 PM
He doesn't look stoned either.

twonabomber
02-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

I was a Joey...er....Albert fan for a long time...

JO-EY, JO-EY! lol.

Albert used to live in Euclid and played golf over there on Babbitt Road all the time. guess he played a few rounds with this kid i used to work with. guy said joey was always cool to him.

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 05:40 PM
I always liked Belle...

he fucked himself when he left Cleveland...