PDA

View Full Version : Lars Ulrich Slams Dave Mustaine

rustoffa
02-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Lars Ulrich Slams Dave Mustaine

"Remember that the guy was in our band for just around a year."

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has attacked former bandmate Dave Mustaine, accusing him of using the band to promote his own group Megadeth.

Mustaine recently complained about a recent Metallica documentary he appeared in - to discuss his brief stint in the group - insisting it made him look stupid.

But Ulrich has snapped back, claiming the singer should stop talking about a band he was in for just two years, never made a record with, and left in 1983.

Ulrich says, "I'm a little perplexed by his reaction.

"There's this weird thing that's kind of sad and pathetic that, X percentage of the press around a new Megadeth release simply becomes about Metallica.

"Remember that the guy was in our band for just around a year. He's never played on a Metallica record. It was 22 years ago. It's pretty absurd that it still can be that big a deal."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

PHOENIX
02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Lars Ulrich Slams Dave Mustaine

"Remember that the guy was in our band for just around a year. He's never played on a Metallica record. It was 22 years ago. It's pretty absurd that it still can be that big a deal."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

Maybe its because Dave cant believe he was in a band with an idiot like Lars at one point in his life.

Terry
02-21-2006, 09:09 PM
No more absurd than Lars thinking Metallica is stilla big deal.

That band is over.

Cliff 'Em All

Dave's Bitch
02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
damn rite terry

i hate lars so much,all he does is plot with hetfield ways to get at dave mustaine (they are also secretly gay together)

metallica are nothing now

Cliff 'Em All

Terry
02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Suppose my attitude towards them comes from never having thought they were all that great to begin with, although their stuff through Master Of Puppets was fierce. And they did it up fast and hard live.

But I never cared for Kirk's leads. Ulrich can play, but he has an arrogance that is a little overblown in terms of his talent. He's a fine metal drummer, but so are thousands of others.

I dig Hetfield, as a rhythm player, singer and lyricist...but there was just something fundamentally wrong with Metallica getting a guru specializing in psychobabble a coupling that with Bob Rock (an aging hipster doofus if ever there was one)...that whole Some Kinda Monster thing made them out to be three little bitches reliant on Pro-Tools and songwriting-by-committee, and out of all that bullshit they come up with...St. Anger? Starting around the time of the Black Album, these guys have been a little too calculated in terms of their songwriting process, and it shows.

Newstead made the right choice in leaving when he did. I wouldn't want to bother being around those wankers either.

bru87tr
02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
atleast the stuff through the 90's was cool. st. anger was just smudged shit on a wall. it totally sucked.

I will never buy another metallica cd just because they went after fans dl mp3's. sorry but just like VH cd's.... I have bought most of them on record, cassette and cd many times. how dare they come after fans ?

thats a no no.

Diamondjimi
02-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
atleast the stuff through the 90's was cool.
Not really. The 90's is when they turned their backs on many from their
original fanbase and jumped for slurps on the corporate cock......
They stopped raging and started waltzing. Oh and let's not forget the eye-liner and nailpolish. About as cool as Wasp.....lol
Ohh , and we can't forget their heart felt "Luv" ballads.(Sorry Bro , I'm old school.):baaa:

st. anger was just smudged shit on a wall. it totally sucked.
Agree 100% .
They announce to the world , "We've gone back to our roots" .
Their roots were sadly crushed under a fuckin bus Switzerland.
The true spirit of Metallica$h rest's with Cliff Burton . R.I.P.

I will never buy another metallica cd just because they went after fans dl mp3's. sorry but just like VH cd's.... I have bought most of them on record, cassette and cd many times. how dare they come after fans ?
thats a no no.

The record companys knew about mp3's/filesharing years before it happened. And they didn't take proper measures to protect their own industry.....
What Lars did should've been taken on by the record execs. He was a fuckin tool long before Gnapster came along. A complete money whore anyway you slice it !

Diamondjimi
02-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Newstead made the right choice in leaving when he did. I wouldn't want to bother being around those wankers either.

Agreed...

Got Voi Vod ?;)

:smoke2:

EbDawson
02-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa

Listen you Danish troll, it was your idea to have him on that gay-fest of a DVD SKOM. Forget that?

As far as never playing on a metallica record, right, and his music's all over those first 2 albums. Listen to them and you're listening to Dave Mustaine.

Dave will never be as rich as you are lars but he's 10 times the musician. Now shut the fuck up!

Terry
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Agreed...

Got Voi Vod ?;)

:smoke2:

Not yet, but my Dad does. Can't even sit on the toilet some days...

PHOENIX
02-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Listen you Danish troll, it was your idea to have him on that gay-fest of a DVD SKOM. Forget that?

As far as never playing on a metallica record, right, and his music's all over those first 2 albums. Listen to them and you're listening to Dave Mustaine.

Dave will never be as rich as you are lars but he's 10 times the musician. Now shut the fuck up!

Grate fuckin post.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

PumpedUpMidget
02-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Lars (the most overrated musician in the world) couldn't hold a candle to Dave Mustaine

Dave's Bitch
02-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Lars (the most overrated musician in the world) couldn't hold a candle to Dave Mustaine

well no considering lars is a drummer and Dave Mustaine is a guitarist