PDA

View Full Version : GNR Return.. as well as Alice in Chains.

PHOENIX
02-21-2006, 08:42 PM
antiMusic reports: Guns N' Roses fans are getting what Axl promised; they will hear new music this year. The band has been officially booked to headline several music festivals in the coming months including Rock in Rio and Novarock Fest. Rumors are circulating that the band will also take part in the Download Festival, Rock am Ring, and the Gods of Metal Festival.

Novarock festival will take place on June 15 through 17th in Burgenland, Austria and GNR will join the line-up that also includes Metallica, Tool, Placebo, Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Massive Attack and interestingly enough Alice in Chains, according to the official website.

The fans made it happen in Rio. According to the Rock in Rio official site, "Guns n' Roses was the most requested band by the official site users, amongst all bands, by all fans, whether Portuguese or international." And organizers have confirmed GNR as the headliners of the second day of the festival on May 27th. [see full story for more]- Click Here for the Full Story

LoungeMachine
02-21-2006, 09:54 PM
There IS NO AIC without Layne.

Call it anything you want.......

Just don't call it Alice In Chains.

BruinJer
02-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Towards the end Jerry Cantrell was doing quite a bit of singing... Layne was too fucked up.

Hardrock69
02-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I saw their very last show.

They opened for Kiss in Kansas City on July 3, 1996

Alice In Chains
Date: July 3, 1996
Venue: Kemper Arena
City: Kansas City, MO
Opened for: Kiss

1. Again
2. God Am
3. Sludge Factory
4. We Die Young
5. Them Bones
6. Rooster
7. Would?
8. Angry Chair
9. A Little Bitter
10. Dam That River
11. Man In The Box

I have a VHS of the Kiss set, and a friend of mine has a DVD with the AIC set on it I think...I will have to ask him about that.

WIKIPEDIA ENTRY (http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:CQYs1g5e2-gJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Chains+Alice+In+Chains+Kansas+City+&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1)

Dave's Bitch
02-22-2006, 08:43 AM
wow.thats great news

Steve Savicki
02-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Just rename GN'R as "Axl Rose and whoever the hell I'm working with."

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

I bet Chainz here will comment on that.;)

Diamondjimi
02-22-2006, 01:34 PM
A.I.C. were the Black Sabbath of Seattle. The best fuckin band to come from that whole scene . Bar none!
Layne's addictions became the downfall of the bands career. Very unfair to his bandmates and the fans alike. Although he's missed, I would love to see them find a good replacement and move forward with a new chapter...

Hey HR69 , how was Layne's performance @ the last show you saw ?
Death warmed over or what ?

thome
02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I, Me, the thome, Honestly think that AIC is one of the most Important, Innovative, Everlasting, Rock Bands to Grace our Fair World.

I just miss Layne Staley how many of his wishes came true
Manifest Destiny.Jus a few song titles

Man in The Box
Sea of Sorrow
We Die Young
Rain when I Die
Junkhead
God Smack
Down in a Hole
Heaven Beside You
Killing Yourself
Died

Writeing on the wall for the hugest talent to -Give- in at least all of the 90s'

Diamondjimi
02-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by thome
Writeing on the wall for the hugest talent to -Give- in at least all of the 90s'

Key word "give-in" ...

Sad.

Cool pic BTW.....

BruinJer
02-22-2006, 04:42 PM
There are very few celebrities that I truly feel for when they leave this earth but Layne is one of those guys that you just feel like it was HUGE loss... not because you have any special attachment to him but for what could have been. The band had so much left to give and Layne sadly fell to his demons. HUGE loss...

BITEYOASS
02-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Anybody remember the last time the phony GNR toured back in 2002? How a fuckin riot broke out in Philadelphia because Axl didn't want to go onstage, expect more of the same bullshit.

BruinJer
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by thome

Rain when I Die
Junkhead

There are no other songs that I have EVER heard that deliver a message better than these two... They are deep, dark and sad. Layne finds a way to project his pain on to you like no other... great tunes

FORD
02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I think I'm gonna call up Pete Best and hire a couple of bums off the street and call it "The Beatles".

It would be every bit as accurate as AxHole's band, and just as useful as Alice Without Chains.

PHOENIX
02-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I think I'm gonna call up Pete Best and hire a couple of bums off the street and call it "The Beatles".

It would be every bit as accurate as AxHole's band, and just as useful as Alice Without Chains.

Pete Best and Yoko Ono!

Wouldnt that be incredibly stupid.

Terry
02-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Is anyone really anticipating Chinese Democracy being released anymore?

Axl's best off leaving the 'Guns and Roses' name alone until Slash, Duff, Adler and Stradlin are playing with him again.

Would be better off calling the new album "Axl Rose's 'About Fucking Time' w/Buckethead"...tell everyone Tom Scholtz produced it, Bill Bailey. THEN people will understand why it took you a decade to put the shit out, ya lazy, ska-braided, collagen-implanted prick, ya'!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
02-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Would be better off calling the new album "Axl Rose's 'About Fucking Time' w/Buckethead"...tell everyone Tom Scholtz produced it, Bill Bailey. THEN people will understand why it took you a decade to put the shit out, ya lazy, ska-braided, collagen-implanted prick, ya'!

LOL!!!!!!!

Jerry Ceantrell toured for a couple of years as a solo act, and invited the audience to sing all the lyrics to virtually all the Alice material he performed, which was virtually his entire set. A friend saw him at,I believe, the Harley Davidson Cafe in New York City. Pretty pathetic.

So, really, this was inevitable. I just hope Layne's family gets to see some royalties out of this.

ALinChainz
02-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Small correction bro ...

There is absolutely, positively, no way in fucking hell no AIC without Layne.

Cantrell did sing, but Layne was the voice and feel ... the tragic triumph and tragedy of this band.

I like Cantrell's solo stuff ... but in no way does it approach AIC ... not to me.

ALinChainz
02-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Just rename GN'R as "Axl Rose and whoever the hell I'm working with."

I bet Chainz here will comment on that.;)

Yep.

See above.

POJO_Risin
02-23-2006, 12:48 AM
What MADE Alice in Chains great was the sound...

yeah...the band for sure...

but Staley bled Alice...

there was never a voice like him before...or since...

and Cantrell...no offense...if he'd have been the frontman from the start...they'd have never LEFT Seattle...

Don't get me wrong here...AIC are one of my favorite bands...

but it's the searing quality of Staley's voice that did it...made them great...

Roy Munson
02-23-2006, 10:40 AM
I love Jerry and his solo records but I just don't think there can be Alice again without Layne.

Layne Staley is the best singer of all-time. Fuck Tony Bennett and Pavorotti.