PDA

View Full Version : Colts resign Reggie Wayne

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Done deal...they chose Wayne over Edge...but...can now Franchise Edge...

Colts lock up Wayne for nearly $40 million
Story Tools: XML
Print Email Blog This
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 hours ago

The free-agency period has yet to begin but one potential free agent has already hit for a big payday.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Colts agreed to terms Wednesday with wide receiver Reggie Wayne on a six-year deal worth nearly $40 million including $13.5 million in bonus money. Wayne was slated to become an unrestricted free agent and his signing now weakens an already extremely weak receiver free agent class.
While the contract terms have been agreed upon by both sides Wayne has not yet officially signed and should as soon as the NFL approves the deal.

The deal also makes him the third highest-paid receiver in the NFL behind teammate Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss. By getting the Wayne deal done the Colts do not have to use the franchise tag on him, a move they were primed to make had they not worked out a new contract. It's unclear whether they will use the tag on free agent running back Edgerrin James, but right now that appears to be unlikely.

Wayne had 83 catches this past season for 1,055 yards and five touchdowns in the Colts' high-powered attack.

Mr. Vengeance
02-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Ha...it kills me...I was hoping this guy would be available for the Eagles...but then I thought about it and said, fatass Andy Reid won't get a WR. He's convinced were just fine at WR.

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I wonder what happens to Reid if/when Philly sucks next year...

IMO...they are far from even last year...

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Wayne was coveted by a lot of teams...but the Colts were not going to let him go...

but IMO...all this money on 2 receivers and a QB is a HUGE MISTAKE...

That is going to be a huge cap hit...and you need a team...not just 3 players...

but we'll see...

ALinChainz
02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Got to wonder where it leaves Edge in the whole thing ... they say they won't tag him ...

ALinChainz
02-22-2006, 10:53 PM
If they do ... it means almost $10 million for him this season ...

Last season he jumped on the tender ... afraid they would yank it ... he better do it again if they offer it ...

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 10:55 PM
It's hard for me to believe that the Colts wouldn't sign the guy...

I know there are lots of backs...but Edge is a rare back...speed and power...and still has gas in the tank...

and other than a couple of things...really isn't a problem in the locker room...

ALinChainz
02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
It seems like the only big hang-up they ever had with him is he liked to work on his own in Florida, and not with the team at any mini-camp that wasn't mandatory.

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 11:19 PM
yeah...that's what I was talking about...

when manning opened up his pie hole saying he wasn't a team player...

funny...people acted like him slashing his linemen was the first time he ever cuntbagged a teammate...

well...to my count...he's nailed his starting tailback, kicker and linemen...lmfao...working his way through the team...