PDA

View Full Version : Video at ABC News shows Monster in Lake Champlain, NY

Hardrock69
02-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Residents near Lake Champlain in New York say they have their own Loch Ness monster. They call it Champ, and it's a local legend.

It is the inspiration for parade floats, T-shirts, key chains, minor-league baseball team mascots, and wild stories.

ABC News obtained exclusive video of something just under the surface of the lake that some say may be Champ. The video was taken by two fishermen with their digital camera last summer. Before their supposed sighting, they were Champ skeptics.

"It was as big around as my thigh," said fisherman Peter Bodette. "I'm 100 percent sure of what we saw. I'm not 100 percent sure of what it was."

"It made my hair stand on end at the time," said fisherman Dick Affolter. "It just didn't fit anything - any creature I had seen."

Affolter said they never saw the entire body.

"What we saw always stayed at the surface and parts of it would come above the water, like the back of the nose or the head," he said.

In the past, grainy pictures and home video taken from too far away did not provide a clear picture. This footage - showing an odd wake - is from a closer vantage point, but still not clear.

Lake Champlain Lore

So far, there have been hundreds of sightings - sometimes more than a dozen a year - of Champ.

"There are people who say they've seen something unusual in the lake," said Lohr McKinstry, a reporter for the Press Republican, who has been writing about Champ sightings for more than 20 years. "Some sort of unusual life that shouldn't be there in Lake Champlain. Best guess would be that it is some sort of creature that possibly should be extinct."

The Champ frenzy began in the 1880s when P.T. Barnum offered $50,000 for the capture of Champ dead or alive. Hunters and fishermen came out of the woods, but no one was able to collect.

As for the latest sighting, two retired FBI analysts reviewed the tape and said that it appeared authentic.

"I can't find anything in there that would suggest or indicate to me that this has been fabricated or manipulated in any way," said Gerald Richards, a forensic image analyst. "However, there's no place in there that I can see actually see, an animal or any other object on the surface."

ABC NEWS Video Link
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1648662

sagebrush
02-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Very cool , lets go fishing !

DrMaddVibe
02-23-2006, 06:13 AM
Whip up the tartar sauce!

Douglas T.
02-23-2006, 07:12 AM
bin laden snorkeling in NY lake?

DrMaddVibe
02-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Make a batch of tater tots!

Hardrock69
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Mmmmm MM!!!!

:cool:

Jimmy Jingles
02-23-2006, 10:39 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/cacree/sammymonster.jpg

Vinnie Velvet
02-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Hollywood probably already has a script ready for "CHAMP".

:D

Matt White
02-23-2006, 02:26 PM
THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!

Ally_Kat
02-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Champ, brother of Nessie?

Big Troubles
02-23-2006, 06:41 PM
2 retired FBI agents study tape? LMAO! Well it's official then... Theres a fish in that lake. Congrats!

Prehistoric my ass. Its a fuckin' eel/fish/snake....whatever... 30 year phantom, not ONE clear video. Not one clear picture. 3 or 4 walls of people's names that have "claimed" to have seen something. Christ.
If George W see's this, he'll have the navy in there in no time.

Solution? Drag the fuckin' lake and get it over with.

Nitro Express
02-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Bush would probably nuke the lake to see what floats to the surface.

Take 'Em
02-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Bush would probably nuke the lake to see what floats to the surface.

And guess what would come up? Something else that Ted Kennedy dumped in this lake and got away with too.....

Nitro Express
02-24-2006, 03:23 AM
And maybe a few things La Costra Nostra hid in the lake as well.

Little Texan
02-25-2006, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/cacree/sammymonster.jpg

That's not Champ...that's Chump!

Nitro Express
02-25-2006, 04:24 AM
No. It's Sammy getting gerbiled by Champ!