PDA

View Full Version : Axl Turned in Chinese Democracy

THE SAINT
02-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Axl obviously turned in the album.. He's been spotted 3 or 4 times around LA sporting major cash. He got in a spat a few weeks ago with a car dealership, He was seen at a party thrown by Korn, and he gave a club owner a private listening party for the new album.. Go to metal sludge to see recent Axl photos, and stories..

One thing about Bands that hire new singers, they have to maintain the bands name if they want to keep their contract intact. Bands sign multi-million dollar deals, and they get a portion of that money everytime an album is turned in, plus advances. The Crue had signed a major deal right after Dr. Feelgood came out. Motley Crue fired Vince Neil, but he still maintained his membership in the band (His name is on the contact too). John Corabi was nothing more than a hired gun. If the band had Re-Named itself, their contract would have been void. Nikki Sixx wasn't about to give up millions of dollars just because he couldn't get along with Vince Neil. Would you?

Sure Axl fired the band, cheated Adler out of royalties.. Fought Slash and Duff for the right to the name GNR... God knows how many musicians actually play on the new album.. I imagine the record company will leak a few tracks, build up hype, and I hope the album is everything people have been waiting for...

Eddie obviously retains the rights to the band... I'm not up to date on Van Halen's contacts, when Dave's contract expired, if the band every signed a new contract with Sam.. Or if he was just a hired gun..

I love Alice in Chains, I know Cantrell wanted to carry on as the lead singer, but I've been hearing rumors about the band appearing on CBS's Rockshow? So who knows.. That will ruin Alice in Chains.. Just as it would ruin Van Halen..

bueno bob
02-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Well, I have to admit it...I really wanted to like the new Axl Rose (I still refuse to call it GnR, because it isn't) material, but I was pretty underwhelmed by it...

I think he needs another ten years to work on it, personally.

Dave's Bitch
02-23-2006, 08:39 AM
i think the new stuff is great.its not the old Guns N Roses but its still good stuff.i read Axl said dont listen to it expecting the old GNR so i didnt and i think its all good

bru87tr
02-23-2006, 08:55 AM
the new GNR will suck! it does suck!

as for AIC? Jerry Cantrell is very capable of taking over lead singer duties for the band too. its not like he doesnt sing on any of the song from the other releases.

Mr. Vengeance
02-23-2006, 12:20 PM
What I heard sucked big time. Axl's GnR's done. Done. Done.

ALinChainz
02-23-2006, 12:33 PM
It ain't Van Halen without DLR ...

It ain't AIC without Layne ...

It ain't GnR without Slash and Duff ... at least ...

Roy Munson
02-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
It ain't Van Halen without DLR ...

It ain't AIC without Layne ...

It ain't GnR without Slash and Duff ... at least ...

You are correct, sir!!
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2005/01/24/image668659x.jpg

Nickdfresh
02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
By calling this stuff "GnR," Axl is like calling CHINA a "Democracy."

He's just polishing an immense turd...

Alex Mogilny
02-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I have a seven track demo with:

Madagascar
The Blues
Chinese Democracy
IRS
Oh My God
Better
There was a Time

I should be getting the full album in a couple of weeks. I hear they are shooting for a May/June release in the stores.

jslav06
02-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I can't call it GnR, because it's not. But I think I still might buy it because I kinda like it.

Dave's Bitch
02-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jslav06
I can't call it GnR, because it's not. But I think I still might buy it because I kinda like it.

THANK YOU

5 stars for that

ODShowtime
02-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Axl gets on my nerves

FORD
02-24-2006, 01:47 AM
If Geffen truly is in charge of the master tapes, they should call up Slash, Duff, Matt, and Izzy.... get em real drunk and tell 'em that Weiland left them these new songs to work on while he did his yearly rehab "vacation".

And be sure to keep them drunk enough not to notice Izzy's back in the band.

Then at least the album might sound good. Any chance of Axl pulling off a decent tour are pretty much impossible even with a real band.

bueno bob
02-25-2006, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Any chance of Axl pulling off a decent tour are pretty much impossible even with a real band.

That's one of the biggest problems right there...the guy's so fucking unreliable on the road, odds are really against the tour going over...how many times will he be 4 hours late getting to the venue, directly no-show, or storm off the stage in a huff about something during the solo break of the 2nd song?

Even with their so-called "return" tour a few years back he was unreliable at best. Now that he'll have something to promote, stakes are going to be even higher and I just don't think that the whole "I'm a rock star, look at my bad behavior!" approach is going to go over too well, not in today's day and age...back in '92 he could get away with it, to a degree, but people don't really have the patience for that shit these days, I don't think...