PDA

View Full Version : THE Best Band of the 90s

sammysucks65
02-24-2006, 05:03 PM
best band of the 90s. lets here your input here besides guns n roses, here it is

Best of the 90s, drumroll please......Rage against the machine!

the politically charged lyrics, the bizzare sounds morello tears from his guitar, it all fits together with a briliant hip hop/metal beat.

some may say nirvana, others green day, but whats your favorite band of the 90s.

DISCUSS!

:killer:

Coyote
02-24-2006, 05:26 PM
RATM.

jslav06
02-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Agreed with the both of you.

Dave's Bitch
02-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Skid Row

Douglas T.
02-24-2006, 07:56 PM
If you ask me it's the lineup on this disc that kicked most ass!

Douglas T.
02-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Soundgarden or Rage ... hhmmmmm?

sammysucks65
02-24-2006, 08:06 PM
soundgarden is awesome

sammysucks65
02-24-2006, 08:08 PM
pearl jam, not the best but pretty good

Take 'Em
02-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Collective Soul had some pretty good stuff in the 90s.....

Little Texan
02-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Foo Fighters

BruinJer
02-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by sammysucks65
best band of the 90s. lets here your input here besides guns n roses, here it is

Best of the 90s, drumroll please......Rage against the machine!

the politically charged lyrics, the bizzare sounds morello tears from his guitar, it all fits together with a briliant hip hop/metal beat.

some may say nirvana, others green day, but whats your favorite band of the 90s.

DISCUSS!

:killer:

Sorry but I absolutely HATE Rage Against the Machine.. I just don't get them AT ALL... My vote.. One of the most underrated bands in Rock.. Alice In Chains.

http://users.telerama.com/~serina/alice.jpg

jslav06
02-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
Sorry but I absolutely HATE Rage Against the Machine.. I just don't get them AT ALL... My vote.. One of the most underrated bands in Rock.. Alice In Chains.

http://users.telerama.com/~serina/alice.jpg

As much as I love Rage, I was honestly in a toss up between saying Rage or AIC for best band of the 90's. AIC would def. be in second. Jerry Cantrell is great.

sammysucks65
02-25-2006, 09:00 PM
The Smashing Pumpkins, kinda poetic, too poetic, but i kinda like them

ThatArtGuy
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Ummmm.... How about the Led Zeppelin of the 90's: Stone Temple Pilots.

4moreyears
02-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Goo Goo Dolls.

BITEYOASS
02-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Any band that wasn't Nu-Metal kicked ass!

Dave's Bitch
02-26-2006, 04:40 AM
id still have to back Skid Row here

the self titled album "Skid Row" (although it was released in 89) was great,"18 and Life", "I Remember You" and "Piece of Me" are three amazing songs that make this album worth owning if your a fan of classic heavy metal.it's not hair metal because there is talent in this album.This album is a mix of Classic hard rock with songs like "big guns",punk rants "youth gone wild" and big ballads "18 and life".a must have album imo.

Slave to the Grind was a great follow up to there big debuet.they changed there sound to more of a heavy metal,guns n roses sound.skid row established there own style with this album.this like there first one has a mix of song styles,the hard rockers are here with Slave to the grind, The Threat, Mudkicker, the ballads are here with quicksand jesus, darkened room, and wasted time.another great must have imo

Subhuman Race is an awesome album although VERY underrated and not as well known as the other albums,this is heavyer and more origional.Skid Row sound was never as aggressive as on Subhuman Race. It still has some ballads like "Breakin' Down", but a few tracks like "Subhuman Race" and "Bonehead" are pretty much thrash songs

although they were only around until 1995 (i dont count that thick skin crap,as not having bach clearly killed them) Skid Row were one hell of a band and considering the other stuff that was being released at the time (nirvana and other generic grunge crap),Skid Row ruled the 90's

OfficerJimmy
02-26-2006, 02:04 PM
I agree with sammysucks65.

doctor roth
03-02-2006, 01:35 AM
RATM for me too. I miss those guys. One of the great live bands

fe_lung
03-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Can't stand Rage - gotta got with Radiohead.

Matt White
03-02-2006, 08:20 AM
ALICE IN CHAINS

http://www.ear.fm/Encyclopedia%20A/aliceinchains4.jpg

Dirty Duck
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
If you ask me it's the lineup on this disc that kicked most ass!

Fuckin' A brother!!! How cool was it to scroll down and see that album cover!! Everyone shpuld own this album....guns fuckin blazin. This was Vince's "Eat em and Smile" after leaving the CRUE and it was no joke. I play this album at least once a week. The album is VERY impressive!

m_dixon1984
03-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Fuckin' A brother!!! How cool was it to scroll down and see that album cover!! Everyone shpuld own this album....guns fuckin blazin. This was Vince's "Eat em and Smile" after leaving the CRUE and it was no joke. I play this album at least once a week. The album is VERY impressive!

Agreed, agreed, agreed!!

I caught Vince touring on this one in the summer of 90 or 91. He was amazing and so was his touring band. Hate to say it but I saw him open for Van Hagar on July 1 (Canada Day). This is probably the only time I enjoyed a Van Hagar concert but Canada Day concerts kick ass because the crowds are always happy and in the partying mood. Me and my friends were talking about Vince for weeks after this one.

My votes for 90s bands:
The Black Crowes.
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band.
Black Label Society/Zakk Wylde/Pride and Glory.
Blues Traveler.

M